As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Retired with exactly .69 TDs per game, so
    Smartest decision he's made.

yep

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Retired with exactly .69 TDs per game, so
    Smartest decision he's made.

yep

Nice

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's why he did it now. Had to hit that perfect number.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    It'd be kinda funny if Pete Carroll 10 years later somehow got USC suspended again

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    It'd be kinda funny if Pete Carroll 10 years later somehow got USC suspended again

It would certainly make me happy.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nirya wrote: »

I hate those punishments because they have a direct impact on the players, 90% of whom had nothing to do with any scandal.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Man, I don't need every coach to have a sense of style, but it'd be fun if even one of them did. (Andy doesn't have a sense of style so much as his sense of style.)

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man is that the nfl coaches or a panel of oscar voters.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Old men who had points yelling at the tv during sporting games

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

too young for oscar voters

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather see the Giants take a shot with Haskins or trade for Josh Rosen.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I'm trying to decide if I'd rather see the Giants take a shot with Haskins or trade for Josh Rosen.

I'd hate Gettleman to be rewarded for his judgement that Eli was a win now quarterback and possibly succeed with a discount first rounder.

So Haskins

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee

I hate those punishments because they have a direct impact on the players, 90% of whom had nothing to do with any scandal.

Normally I’d agree, but also fuck USC.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    CNN wrote:
    It's too late to help New Orleans, but two months after a controversial non-call was key in keeping the Saints from the Super Bowl, the NFL says pass interference calls -- and non-calls -- can be reviewed next season.

The rule is for one season and would become permanent if approved at next year's meeting.

Atlanta Falcons president Rich McKay, chairman of the eight-member committee that recommends new rules, said there was a lot of discussion to get to a place where the full ownership group would vote for the change.

"We worked our way there. We definitely had resistance going in," he said.

It will be the first time in league history that an official not at the stadium will be able to call a penalty.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said people compromised on long-held views. "They want to get the system right," he said. He added later, "We should do that. We have the ability to do that. It won't be perfect."

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Fucking finally

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Boy I hope they don't completely misuse this rule and stop plays constantly to call ticky tack penalties. As long as they stick to correcting egregious errors, this is great.

SirToasty wrote: »
    Boy I hope they don't completely misuse this rule and stop plays constantly to call ticky tack penalties. As long as they stick to correcting egregious errors, this is great.

The only consistent thing about the NFL is that they will find a way to prove this was a mistake.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    SirToasty wrote: »

The only consistent thing about the NFL is that they will find a way to prove this was a mistake.

There are various people this morning arguing how it will ruin the best two minutes of football with how they will review all awesome plays

edited March 2019
    Chargers, Patriots, and Giants are in on Josh Rosen
    This means the Pats will get him for a 6th rounder somehow.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Chris Evans has always kind of walked the walk about not being about those conservative views.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Chargers, Patriots, and Giants are in on Josh Rosen
    This means the Pats will get him for a 6th rounder somehow.

If they can get him cheap, like a 3rd and 6th round picks, it's not a bad move. Otherwise, they should go all in on defense this year and grab a QB in next years loaded draft. Haskin's is good if given time, but he'll suck behind that Giants O-line. Rosen isn't much better but if they can get him on the cheap I suppose you take the chance. The biggest downside is that he'll be behind Manning and next year he'll already be 2 years into his rookie deal.

It'll be interesting to see how the QB's fall this year. The Giants seem set to take defense at #6, the Dolphins have mentioned they could wait till next year, and the Bronco's have Joe Flacco (a shitty mentor). Not to mention there is still talk of the Raiders taking a QB (despite Carr being pretty good).

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    I would rather the Giants get Rosen on a bargain then draft Haskins at this point.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Haskins was great at zipping short crossing passes to OSU’s never-ending stable of phenomenal playmakers when not under pressure. His TD and yardage stats were outrageous as a result.

With a clean pocket, he had a good completion percentage- I think there’s a lot of good about his ability to hit windows, both where and when. Alas, his mechanics are dog shit (may not ultimately matter if he can still throw it 100 mph on target, but...) and he’s a gigantic fucking flake under pressure. Like makes under-pressure Jameis look like Cool Hand Luke.

He will not have the time to throw like he had at OSU playing Purdue and there won’t be as massive of a talent difference like between OSU and Michigan.

He’s a genuinely good dude and I hope I’m wrong, but he looks like he’s going to be a massive overreach for someone.

Also he’s less athletic than Eli. Not when Eli was drafted, Eli now.

Captain Inertia on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

I don't expect it to live long for the record, but traditionally it's unwise to trust investors on these matters. If he believed it, he'd no longer be investing

Sweeney Tom on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I would rather the Giants get Rosen on a bargain then draft Haskins at this point.

I was listening to a podcast that was going over the rookie QB sit or play stuff. There's really no evidence that the Chiefs "model" (as it's being called now) works and Mahomes would have been good if he played year 1. There is evidence that having 1 extra year of cost control on your rookie QB can be huge (see Rams right now). If the Giants are dead set on putting what's left of Eli Manning out there this year, they should wait to draft a QB till next year.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45

He needs to do the robot to prove he is not a cyborg

Manziel's had a bad concussion in each of the three leagues now

Well we do call them the slurs

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    That sure as fuck didn't last long

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I didn't watch much past week 2 or 3. Bad football players playing bad football.

edited April 2019
    Yeah. There's barely enough talent to keep the NFL going sometimes.

I don't want to watch a secondary league until all 32 NFL teams can start a competent QB.

Raijin Quickfoot on
This discussion has been closed.