As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yeah. There's barely enough talent to keep the NFL going sometimes.

I don't want to watch a secondary league until all 32 NFL teams can start a competent QB.

One could help the other but both have to understand that it's not going to be working that way unless

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Who honestly thought this was a good idea?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

On paper probably a lot of people with money looking to make more money

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

It's a fairly simple line of thought. Football's the most popular sport in America, but isn't played year-round. As long as that's the case, someone out there believes the market is not yet saturated for football content.

I mean just look at how much people track the NFL Draft. And that interest has only grown, so they probably convinced themselves that the market was more ready for spring football than the last time someone tried.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The real issue is they wanted to be like an NFL minor league but we already have that in the NCAA and they don't have to pay those players so that will never change.

I look forward to the failure of the XFL MERICA edition as well for much the same reason.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    let’s talk about these bad hats

they’re bad

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    A new football league of any kind isn't just going to take off.

It's going to take years of getting emotionally invested in a team.

Folks are super into the NFL year round 'cause they've been watching it since they were 5.

Can't wait for the xfl to collapse next.

• Options
    God that seahawk hat is so bad. I'm sure I'll see them everywhere.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    unless the bears one has some wild shit on the back, it’s the only good one in the group

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wouldn't wear that Giants hat if you paid me.

Well...yeah I would. Stupid capitalism.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It makes me angry that the only hat where I sort of like the extra design elements is the Cowboys one.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I had to Google to see if Kansas City's flag really was that terrible. Yep, it is.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

If someone kills the 12th man, would it be considered murder?

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    crwth wrote: »
    unless the bears one has some wild shit on the back, it’s the only good one in the group

It has 4 stars running vertically down the other side.

e:

SirToasty on
  • Options
    hmm

i don’t hate it, bears hat still tops the list

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    It makes me angry that the only hat where I sort of like the extra design elements is the Cowboys one.

If it's any consolation, I hate it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    My brother made fun of the Bronco's one saying they should have gone with the D instead as it was both Denver stood for Denver and the Broncos
    But this is Denver's flag
    bww7kocrn3ch.png

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i love how dumb the raiders hat is

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    i love how dumb the raiders hat is

It really should be a bowl cut

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I could have saved those people a lot of money by telling them no one is interested in watching NFL rejects on ESPN 8 in the spring

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

If someone kills the 12th man, would it be considered murder?

Not if I'm on the jury.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That Panthers hat is so bad

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Probably had Cam design it.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I could have saved those people a lot of money by telling them no one is interested in watching NFL rejects on ESPN 8 in the spring

They had MTG finals!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The AAF could have been fine. The problem was not an additional 8 teams. The problem wasn't 40 teams between two leagues. The problem is where that line is. 32/8 is the problem.

Oh well.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Probably had Cam design it.

Please

That hat clearly has a brim

• Options
    So all around a nice shit show. Can't wait for the XFL to fail in the exact same way next year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Teams and players are tweeting goodbyes, contracts have been terminated effective immediately. No severance pay, last check was for last week's game

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Man that fuckin sucks.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Huh. Maybe it was in trouble.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Teams and players are tweeting goodbyes, contracts have been terminated effective immediately. No severance pay, last check was for last week's game

Ironically, from the look of that hit, at least one of them won't remember it.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I just don't understand how you start a league without having enough money to handle a single season.

Like, what kind of ticket sales did they fucking assume in their planning that things are falling this short and they can't even have the decency to get the players home!?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Reports were spreading around as early as on Thursday and on Friday that the league knew they were in trouble, and yet
    Literally dropped everything I had going on and just signed an @TheAAF contract yesterday at 9pm and was excited to go back to doing what I loved. And in less than 24 hours the league is cancelled, yet it’s “about the players”. I’m sick.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Reports were spreading around as early as on Thursday and on Friday that the league knew they were in trouble, and yet
    Literally dropped everything I had going on and just signed an @TheAAF contract yesterday at 9pm and was excited to go back to doing what I loved. And in less than 24 hours the league is cancelled, yet it’s “about the players”. I’m sick.

That sound you just heard was ten thousand lawyers licking their chops.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options

I told my brother of this tweet and he said I remember that! It's one of the few games I saw

Bobble wrote: »
    I just don't understand how you start a league without having enough money to handle a single season.

Like, what kind of ticket sales did they fucking assume in their planning that things are falling this short and they can't even have the decency to get the players home!?

I felt it was a cash grab as with the ad revenue and the goal of being the minor league NFL it was well a good chance of success. But again most people who could afford to run something like this without feeling the burn for long are not known for their decency

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Bobble wrote: »

I felt it was a cash grab as with the ad revenue and the goal of being the minor league NFL it was well a good chance of success. But again most people who could afford to run something like this without feeling the burn for long are not known for their decency

The NFL has a minor league. It's called NCAA.

kilnborn on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It just seems like all the other failed second football leagues and even the success of Arena football would have let the investors know they were going to lose money for a couple of seasons at least. You can't make something that big, that successful that fast.

• Options
    I'm not convinced there is enough talent to put together a quality off-season alternative with so many NFL teams lacking at skill positions. The CFL and AFL are different enough games to fill a niche market but I don't see how you can put something together that's watchable when all you have to staff your squads with is the Johnnies Manziel and Christians Hackenberg of the world.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    It was going to take some rule changes to greatly benefit QBs

But that might have really altered the game

Like “QBs can’t be tackled behind the LOS” stuff

Edit: this is in regard to Hackenbergian level QB play making games unwatchable

Captain Inertia on
This discussion has been closed.