As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The NFL cleared a damn forest for wood to build a temporary stage for the draft in Nashville
    shhwpktoprgj.jpeg

Could they have built itin sections so it can be trucked around to the different cites for the draft this is in both a waste of money and material as well in poor taste

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I'm confused. Is using wood that is grown specifically for lumber bad? If it's temporary isn't this the easiest to assemble, disassemble, and repurpose?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Oh is the grand ole opry not good enough for the nfl

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Some of media around that has been overboard. Many of the cherry trees they removed were nearing the end of their lifespan (they are short lived for a tree, 20 years on average), some already had started degrading/being diseased. I think the NFL and the convention bureau were going to donate like 200 new plantings of trees as well.

Plus those trees ended up getting moved instead of just cut down anyways.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    That was just my own picture today of a lot of wood. I didn’t know there was a controversy, I was just honestly impressed by all the lumber.

The stage will be where Broadway ends at the river, with the Titans stadium as the backdrop from across the river

It’s honestly probably the wildest place to hold the draft outside of Vegas. Broadway is already full of thousands of drunk idiots and sloppy bachelorette parties without a special event that attracts Jets fans.

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    That was just my own picture today of a lot of wood. I didn’t know there was a controversy, I was just honestly impressed by all the lumber.

The stage will be where Broadway ends at the river, with the Titans stadium as the backdrop from across the river

It’s honestly probably the wildest place to hold the draft outside of Vegas. Broadway is already full of thousands of drunk idiots and sloppy bachelorette parties without a special event that attracts Jets fans.

Oh ok. Seemed like there was some mild outrage. My bad!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Building a wooden stage solely for the draft hilariously wasteful though.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Building a wooden stage solely for the draft hilariously wasteful though.

Oh no doubt. But if you're gonna do it anyway I assume it's the way to go. I don't know shit about construction though.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    XFL's getting 3-point conversions
    ESPN wrote:
    On extra points, teams can choose whether to go for a one-point conversion from the 2-yard line, a two-point try from the 5-yard line or a three-point attempt from the 10-yard line.

"We literally have a nine-point touchdown. We think that's valuable because teams that historically are down by let's say three scores, well guess what, if it's a 16-point or a 17-point differential, you're really looking at a two-score game theoretically," he said.

The XFL's overtime rules are currently being tested in the Spring League. Luck said each team will have five opportunities to convert a two-point conversion in the overtime session. The defense would score one point with a turnover.

Forty-four players will be on the field at the same time in the overtime session, with both team's offenses and defenses on opposite ends of the field.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    44 players on the field, last player not to be thrown over the top rope goes to Wrestlemania.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok the xfl sounds like an even bigger clusterfuck than the last time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Days of our Steelers has been getting even weirder the past week.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I won’t lie

I kinda want to see a clip of the bullshit that happens when 44 players are on the field

But I ain’t watchin the xfl

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to watch the XFL just to see what the fuck that OT is going to be like.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I’ll never watch a single second of the XFL because the entire McMahon family can go fuck themselves.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The funniest thing that could happen is the XFL putting all this thought into OT and making it interesting, only to have all their games end in blowouts and for OT to never come up.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Or the league to not last long enough for an OT game to happen in the season

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Or the league to not last long enough for an OT game to happen in the season

At this point Vince might as well save money and/or time and just light his 300 million on fire.

Marathon on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    or just pay me 300 million to make custom teams for a custom Madden league

and we simulate the only season it lasts on the titantron

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What I will do is watch highlights the first time they have OT.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    https://www.theroot.com/maga-loving-colin-kaepernick-hating-top-nfl-draft-pros-1833975768

Goddammit. John Lynch better draft Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.

worth it for this though...
    Colin Crackkker-Nick

Maximum on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Wow, I had no idea Nick Bosa was such a shithead.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options

But its ok because he's the right color and flavor of shithead.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

He and Joey were built only to be autonomous chunks of muscle and play football. They are dumbshits in all other facets of life.

They’re basically serious Gronks.

• Options
    they have machines

for that

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The machines are all named Jay

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Hoooly shit Nick Bosa is a fucking racist.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    they have machines

for that

She's anti vaxx she doesn't believe in science.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Me and you Jay.. Me and you.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

The one nice thing about twitter is, sometimes, you can (and should!) read the comments!

aygrgrovg6j8.png

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Demaryius Thomas is a Patriot

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Way to finally figure it out, Chargers.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Years overdue but they got there eventually

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Hoooly shit Nick Bosa is a fucking racist.

Something new or just the same old

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The Chargers are a southern California team with a lightning bolt logo, so I never understood why they were wearing any kind of dark or subdued colors. Their uniforms should be so bright they're eye-searing.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    but why

This discussion has been closed.