As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    That tripping call was horrible

Double relevant!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That was a completely horseshit call.

The worst part is I wasn't invested in the game at all and didn't really care that we were going to lose, but then they call that shit and suddenly I'm furious.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    That tripping call was def an nba style bad perspective call. He lifted and extended his leg just as the guy fell over, so it looked like tripping to the guy on the ground, and he was clearly already looking for it since it had been called already.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Are you fucking kidding me

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Well that was a stupid decision

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    As a Packers fan, I don't love our habit of being an absolute fucking dumpster fire every few weeks. Losing to San Fran is one thing. They're a tough team. But just ... fuck.
    I flipped over to watch Canadian football at one point instead, and I think I made the right call.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Good grief, how are all the refs so bad? They just gifted the packers that score.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Tell Sherman to stop shoving people to the ground instead of covering / after the play?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was gonna say, Sherman really did himself and his team no favors there. That’s purely on him.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Well, looks like that didn’t matter at all.

You're telling me GB doesn't cover tight ends???

*Masked man runs onto field, hits Packers DE with folding chair. Whips mask off*

My God it's Dom Capers!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Anywho. Resident SE Packers fan here.

SF deserves the win, they look damned good. Real danged good.

However, Bosa is a piece of shit and I'm tired of Sherman getting mad that he's no longer allowed to just maul people and call it coverage.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Those silly tight ends are always open.

H3Knuckles
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

*sees thumbnail* Oh my god are they even trying on these calls anymore, fucking refs *clicks play* Oh.

Right then.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Knight_Captain InertiaShadowenadmanbToxMidniteDoctor DetroitBobbleH3KnucklesTcheldorLaOsBloodsheedWeedLordVegeta
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    5zv7qr534fsj.jpg

It's almost like... The Cowboys... Aren't actually good at all.

H3KnucklesMagellPreacherRedTideTox
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Browns vs teams under .500
    2-1, 20 ppg, +32 point diff, +2 turnovers

Browns vs teams over .500
    3-5, 18.8 ppg, -51 point diff, -2 turnovers

Jesus Christ in trying to make a point t about the Browns being >>> the Cowboys I’ve learned they are fucking trapped in the Jeff Fisher zone

(Also their schedule, which was considered easy during the off-season, is looking like it will end up 2nd toughest in the league behind Baltimore’s)

The Bucs would shatter scoring records this season if they didn’t have 4 turnovers a game

BobblePreacherSirToastyTrajan45Tox
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Psssh... Daniel Jones can beat those numbers.

Ardol
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    It's almost like... The Cowboys... Aren't actually good at all.

I don't really think that stat is the sick burn it looks like. Football records are way too small a sample size. Half the teams that have a "losing record" would probably have a winning record if they beat the Cowboys -- would they then be good teams that count as real wins? Before last nights game against Green Bay the 49ers were 1-1 against teams with winning records. If they lost would they actually be a bad team?

The Cowboys are a good team. They lost four close games to other good teams, and inexplicably lost to the Jets.

admanb on
    Maybe but I posit that... Dallas is mediocre at best.

Slacker71MagellH3KnucklesButters
    Philly gets the Giants, Washington and I think Miami the next 3 weeks so I wouldn’t feel too good about my division lead if I were Dallas

Jragghen wrote: »

I bet... Nothing ends up happening.

At worst a big team brawl at some point and maybe a player or two gets tossed.

Nothing crazier than that though.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Philly gets the Giants, Washington and I think Miami the next 3 weeks so I wouldn’t feel too good about my division lead if I were Dallas

i would but only because the eagles have descended into utter failure.

the last two games i've never seen a team look more lost offensively.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    H3Knuckles
    Dallas has a lot of talent but is held back by 1) Dak's ceiling being a kind of discount Russell Wilson and 2) Jason Garrett fucking sucks

And of course Jerry, but I mean that's a given with the cowboys.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Dyvim TvarMagellH3KnucklesWeedLordVegeta
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Dallas has a lot of talent but is held back by 1) Dak's ceiling being a kind of discount Russell Wilson and 2) Jason Garrett fucking sucks

Week 11 is all but over.

The teams currently tied for the second worst record in football occupy your division.

Your team is directly in the vicinity of being .500 despite this.

Either the Cowboys or Eagles rosters are occupied by frauds or both coaches should be on the hotseat.

Garrett being fired may legitimately save the Cowboys season. The dude has been in Dallas long enough and sucked bad enough this year that him being canned may get those players to wake up.

Also Pat Shurmur has a career 26% win rate with over sixty games as a head coach
    28% with the Giants. Three head coaches in three years makes you look unstable (because the Giants are, that is their identity as it stands) but sometimes shit canning your coach after two years IS the right call.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Lotta teams would kill for a discount Russell Wilson. Hell, Green Bay's rocking an 8-3 record with one.

Slacker71Captain InertiaTicaldfjamShadowenknitdanSorceToxWeedLordVegeta
    edited November 2019
    admanb wrote: »

Lotta teams would kill for a discount Russell Wilson. Hell, Green Bay's rocking an 8-3 record with one.

Ah, but that's his ceiling see, peak Dak.

His floor is, hmm. Jameis Winston with slightly better decision making?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    m2gdz5ciab2u.jpeg

ShadowenMagellSirToastyH3KnucklesOghulkSorceToxElvenshaeWeedLordVegetaDyvim TvarBobble
    Lol ESPN may want to lower some of the mic volume. Some of the post play talk getting picked up.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    So uh, the Ravens are pretty good huh

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

A healthy Ravens is probably the Superbowl favorite at this point if you don't consider New England intangibles (This may be the worst Pat's team that Brady started the season for)

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    MagellMulletudeElvenshae
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »

A healthy Ravens is probably the Superbowl favorite at this point if you don't consider New England intangibles (This may be the worst Pat's team that Brady started the season for)

They have to be and are the Pats only L on the year.

I think their D has gotten better and Lamar Jackson is playing amazing and should be the mvp favorite.

Really thought the Chiefs would be the AFC destroyer this year but they have plenty of weaknesses.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Frank Gore is a machine

Every time I hear his name I do a double take because I just assume he had retired by now

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    JragghenGnizmoElvenshae
    edited November 2019
    Frank Gore played for the last Miami team to win a natty

He was in the same class as:
    Kellen Winslow
    Roscoe Parrish
    Willis McGahee
    Antrel Rolle
    Vince Wilfork