As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    No.

LOTROP is, as before, a countdown to the festival.

40 relic free draw and 8/8 free draw (1 AOSB guaranteed) are coming tonight/tomorrow, at the daily dungeon changeover time.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Got a first win vs madeen with cougar USB, Vayne USB, Raines BSB, Seifer chain, Elarra USB. Very inconsistent though. One time I skipped the phase 2 stop, lol. Think I might retool and put Tyrone in for the cougar.

Yep, tyro made it way more consistent. RIP my dark orbs, though. Four abilities at r4, and could stand to go to r5 on some of them.

Tyro Divine Veil mm/dz, Dr mogs
    Vayne USB Dire Heal/Dire Heal, much weakness dmg
    Raines BSB wrath dispel much darkness dmg
    Seifer chain mm/dz, gathering storm
    Elarra USB allegro magesong mako might
    RW raider
    Magicite phantom

First Elarra USB is after the first gravity attack, second is right before Stop. Use Phantom to dodge the Savage Terra Homing that starts phase 3. I also squeeze in Raines OSB before the phase 3 gravity attack for safety, but it's probably not necessary.

I did put 60 points of Magia into the MAG stats of the adults.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm. That is pretty much my team, was using Clod of Dark USB/BSB/BSB instead of Tyro but hmm.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Yeah, this strat's going back to the drawing board. On the plus side, I got his nodes to go berserk twice, but my damage, on the other hand, was pretty much nil. I blew most of my wad and my stored Elarra USB on taking down the first set of nodes, and eventually just ran out of steam on the second phase, it got off Nightmare Quad Foul, and that was it.

This shouldn't be this hard, but I guess I'm like that guy who can't figure out which way is up with this fight. I mean, you guys beat it, so it's doable, but... this fight is just my weak spot, I suppose.

Here's my setup, feel free to pound holes in it:

xfvlJUr.png

Try to bring a healer and 4 supports with the nightmare synergy boost. Each one has a breakdown and a dps move.

Eg Ramza can bring breakdowns and knight 5, Onion Knight has breakdowns and celerity 6, Tyro has breakdowns and monk / thief access, etc

Spend some time on the FFRK reddit to really understand what the fight is doing.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Man, getting more copies of Lakshmi is a total pain. It's the combination of needing to maximize Sephiroth to blow past her second Entice, and her damn Rage activating on damage taken. I should really just leave it alone until I can Magia the hell out of Sephiroth and Riku.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    FFII Parade is Josef BSB. This is... actually useful. Boostga/Faithga for a realm I don't have one, which will help for CMs and the Torment when it arrives.

I have also held strong and skipped the LMR and OSB luckies. Odds of something good just aren't good enough to justify even 25 mythril.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    sacrificed like 120 items to the rainbow gods.

i have so much inventory and vault space. so spacious, so luxurious.

think i'm going to wait until i can smush stuff right out of my vault for the rest, especially since i don't think i'm going to be making any of the synergy legendaries so i got time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    so what's your criteria? if it isn't Elemental boost are you sharding it?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

For weapons, first I went through elemental boost, by weapon type. Past a certain number, I didn't mark to save (so like, I've got five 6* holy swords, no point in saving the one with 135 ATK, too).

After that, I went through by realm. I wanted a native healing item, magic items, and enough physical items to field a team where I didn't already have strong enough off-realm weapons.

In practice this ended up being native 6*, boost weapons, and stuff that I've like...reforged. some realms (II in particular) we're pretty dire.

I still need to do armor, but that'll be weirder because element resist is a thing and I've stopped paying attention to def/res on them in lieu of at/mag

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm now sitting on 455 rainbow crystals, and I haven't even looked at any +element items yet.

Which 5* magicite gives the 20 MAG?

I might even refrain from the USB lucky, as crazy as that sounds. I've got 93/253, and there are very few I'd want from a select, much less take a chance on in a lucky.

Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Which 5* magicite gives the 20 MAG?

*checks inventory*
    *big sigh*
    Syldra.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

For weapons, first I went through elemental boost, by weapon type. Past a certain number, I didn't mark to save (so like, I've got five 6* holy swords, no point in saving the one with 135 ATK, too).

After that, I went through by realm. I wanted a native healing item, magic items, and enough physical items to field a team where I didn't already have strong enough off-realm weapons.

In practice this ended up being native 6*, boost weapons, and stuff that I've like...reforged. some realms (II in particular) we're pretty dire.

I still need to do armor, but that'll be weirder because element resist is a thing and I've stopped paying attention to def/res on them in lieu of at/mag

Hmm, maybe I should take another pass. I saved the 5 best weapons of each realm for Mag, Atk and sharded below that.

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»

Hmm, maybe I should take another pass. I saved the 5 best weapons of each realm for Mag, Atk and sharded below that.

My rule of thumb I settled on was around 150.

If ATK/MAG/MND was under 150, even with synergy my best weapons would be close ENOUGH to probably not bother holding onto it, particularly now that artifacts are coming into the mix. It's not a hard rule, so there's variance between what was available, but yeah.

Like, it ended up that getting enough crystals to push my artifact MND daggers to level 35 (I'm being conservative in levelling them for now) pushed them above MOST realms' best healing items with synergy. So having rainbow crystals pushed a weapon high enough to warrant making more rainbow crystals.

I also said "fuck off" to barrettes and gun-arms. Like, Red XIII's 6* barette has good stats, but I'm not keeping it around just for him.

Darklyre wrote: Β»
    I might even refrain from the USB lucky, as crazy as that sounds. I've got 93/253, and there are very few I'd want from a select, much less take a chance on in a lucky.

I've had enough instances of "oh hey, this thing is useful!" As I've crafted more 6* abilities/tried Torments that I'm willing to keep giving it a shot.

I've only got 73, too.

edited March 2019
    Remember that we're getting those two free draws 6 hours after the USB Lucky drops. So, 18 hours before it closes.

Enlong on
    Not even sure how many Ultras I have, but I went through the list of what should be available on the lucky, and almost half are things I could find a use for. Shrug

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Almost anything can find use on a torment team so I'm pulling for sure.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So realms on parade, USB lucky, 40 pull, and aosb pull.

I'm excited for tomorrow morning.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    As long as I still need healer usbs for like 80% of realms, I’m pulling on usb luckies

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah I changed my mind on pulling on the Lucky Draws + ROP and that Irvine realm CSB. I fielded this team on the D??? Torment and actually got to 60ish %. With some proper DPS besides Squall I think I can make it.
    iuk3he6zkb54.jpg

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Knight_ wrote: Β»
    As long as I still need healer usbs for like 80% of realms, I’m pulling on usb luckies

Luckies remain a great deal. Not ROP or realm draw good but still really good. I just wish I had that kind of spending mythril.

38thDoE on steam

edited March 2019
    Got a first win vs madeen with cougar USB, Vayne USB, Raines BSB, Seifer chain, Elarra USB. Very inconsistent though. One time I skipped the phase 2 stop, lol. Think I might retool and put Tyrone in for the cougar.

Yep, tyro made it way more consistent. RIP my dark orbs, though. Four abilities at r4, and could stand to go to r5 on some of them.

RW raider
    Magicite phantom

First Elarra USB is after the first gravity attack, second is right before Stop. Use Phantom to dodge the Savage Terra Homing that starts phase 3. I also squeeze in Raines OSB before the phase 3 gravity attack for safety, but it's probably not necessary.

What was your magicite deck? Did you start Seifer with mm? He dies off before everyone else. I did tyro wall>raider>mm

I'm thinking maybe swapping Vayne to use the almost never works imperil skill. If I can get that off it might help do some more damage.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

Maytag wrote: Β»
    Almost anything can find use on a torment team so I'm pulling for sure.

Good point. Pull it is!

edited March 2019
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

RW raider
    Magicite phantom

What was your magicite deck? Did you start Seifer with mm? He dies off before everyone else. I did tyro wall>raider>mm

I'm thinking maybe swapping Vayne to use the almost never works imperil skill. If I can get that off it might help do some more damage.

Magicite is phantom (no real inheritance), Necrophobe (holy resist 10), Hades (mag boon 15), Evrae (HP boon 5), Phoenix (spell ward 8, blade ward 8)

I have Seifer do raider, Memento Mori x2, dark zone into chain. I have him refresh raider right before gathering storm wears off. I usually also have Seifer call in the magicite, which tends to make me clench my butt but the timing seems to work out (or maybe I'm bad at estimating 40% on the health bar). Tyro does wall, Memento Mori, spam dark zone, refresh wall around 25 seconds.

Fight ends around 45 seconds for me, so I don't lose anyone to doom. IMO the dark imperil thing sucks, but if you want to use it I would put it on Tyro or Seifer since their damage is the worst.

Fry on
    edited March 2019
    m1y8ezadjf9p.png

I'm closing in. I don't think anyone dualcasted the entire run. Using OSBs when they are up got me from a quarter of his bar left at 50 to this. Soooo close. It was closer but he just cast curaja.

Hmm that's a terrible screenshot timing but he has magic pixel life.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

edited March 2019
    lionheart_m was warned for this.
    Ohhh... this is interesting.

Ace USB
    Zidane USB (the wind resistance one)

I still haven't cleared that Torment. How good is Ace's USB?

lionheart_m on
    edited March 2019
    Got Garland's Ultra*.

10 Dark hits, Endark, 1 fast turn, speed-cycling off of Dark abilities, and chase Dark abilities with Grip of Chaos (2-hit attack that drains HP).
    Not too shabby; he's not replacing anyone on my Lakshmi team any time soon, but this is a solid Dark Ultra that'll help him out a lot when I try the FFI Torments again. Also, it's +Dark on an Ultra sword. I unfortunately have my share of +Dark 6-star swrods, tho. Garland is looking pretty good these days; he's got a Trance, he's got an Overstrike, and now he's got this fun toy.

*Featuring Rebellion from the Devil May Cry series!

Enlong on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @lionheart_m can you resize that image below 1 mb. Images in spoilers still load.

I: 1/3, no disco. Garland Glint (dupe). Bleh, already got a 8* version of his helm, so I'm sharding this one.

USB Lucky: 1/11, Exdeath USB. A stacking faithga, right in time for holy magicites!

Grand lethal is really good.

38thDoE on steam

I: thief LMR. More Gil when dagger equipped. Lol

Lucky: 3/11
    Yuna bubsy, which is a realm I had no good Medica in and BOY HOWDY is this a good one
    Minwu USB something which now means I have both USB, both BSB, SSB and LMR, which...huh.
    Dupe Basch USB1

Not bad!

Is it just me or is tyro cosplaying as leap day Williams?

38thDoE on steam

edited March 2019
    Ohhh... this is interesting.

<snip>

I still haven't cleared that Torment. How good is Ace's USB?

Well, thankfully you got the good one: Firaga BOM. It'll do followup actions after black magic in a pattern of 3: First, a 2-hit fire spell that speeds up his next two actions. Second, a 2-hit Fire spell and a 1500 HP heal to everyone in his row. And third, an 8-hit Fire spell.

Enlong on
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Anyone want to do the multiplayer raid? I tried to pug this but it seems there needs more coordinationI'm in Discord

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    You can use feast tickets on Arcana!

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Got Garland's LMR - I have his USB and OSB from previous RoP so he's good for FF1 stuff :)

USB Lucky - 3/11 Nine USB (Dupe), Ovelia USB - woo another healer USB for a realm I didn't have one in!, Tidus bUSB - it's a +water blitzball but I have a max leveled +water blitzball from USB dupes.

RoP was pretty lackluster the last half but still hit really nice things in the first half - Cinque USB, Ramza USB2, Rinoa bUSB will find use. Garland LMR/Jecht LMR are for characters I have decent stuff on already.

Cinque USB
    Ramza USB2
    Prompto LMR (Dupe)
    Haurchefant BSB
    Sazh USB (Dupe)
    Gabranth OSB
    Ayame LMR (Dupe)
    Jecht LMR
    Eiko LMR (Dupe)
    Rinoa BUSB
    Tifa LMR (Dupe)
    Setzer BSB
    Kelger LMR
    Porom LMR
    Onion BSB (Dupe)
    Ricard BSB (Dupe)
    Garland LMR

So if you click festival than airship you go to missions that cost zero stamina but give Magia...

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.