Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

13436383940

Posts

  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited September 6
    My DH is at 390ish. With mostly just opened armor from the new place.
    SPriest is quite a bit behind that.
    Might be best to work on the pally, but I'm up for doing whatever.

    Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Most of our M+ group is doing 13-15s on the easier dungeons and modifiers, and I think with M+ scaling a 14 is like literally twice as hard as a 10. Also keep in mind at the beginning of season 3 we were timing 10s with a group full of 412-417s, so doing a 10 on time with just one or two 430s is super reasonable.

  • DysDys Registered User regular
    I'd be down to help with anyone's 10 keys.

    I haven't been able to get a weekly in for a couple weeks due to my schedule, but the next few days I should hopefully be able to. Really don't want to miss hard mechagon this week.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    zeny coming back has revitalized me and now I want to do M+ again

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    My DH is at 390ish. With mostly just opened armor from the new place.
    SPriest is quite a bit behind that.
    Might be best to work on the pally, but I'm up for doing whatever.

    Paladin is probably better then, having a tank available will get us going quicker and it gives us a better chance of making timers if we at least try to win lol

    ALZff8o.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Disclaimer on my mechagon run tonight it's just gonna be normal because I just need clear credit

    ALZff8o.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'll come along for that if you page me on b.net

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    i'm probably gonna log on in like an hour and a half or so for all my big plans

    ALZff8o.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    step 1 of big plans is probably happening soonish if anyone wants regular mechagon

    ALZff8o.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    @Bucketman or any other healperson we could use you for mechaplace

    ALZff8o.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited September 8
    mechagon and nazjatar meta achievements are some really blatant attempts to keep people subbed longer, jesus

    Zay on
    DysBahamutZEROSmrtnik
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    mechagon and nazjatar meta achievements are some really blatant attempts to keep people subbed longer, jesus

    I think i dislike the mechagon ones more, specifically the construction one.

    steam_sig.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    mechagon and nazjatar meta achievements are some really blatant attempts to keep people subbed longer, jesus

    It sucks ass because I want that crab

    ALZff8o.png
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    The one that takes 90 days of logging in is pretty bullshit

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    The one that takes 90 days of logging in is pretty bullshit

    is that the bodyguard one? Thankfully you can shave days and days off of that by getting the items. Like the rare bark and the not rare bark, and the naga attack plans.

  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

    Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
    Smrtnik
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

    well, the rare bark is a 100% drop from the big coral rares on a weekly timer, and the naga attack plans are either found in scrying chests or you can buy them from mrrl, he had one today actually as his cloak item.

    You can definitely shave off some decent amounts of days by checking in with mrrl every day and also doing the weekly bark thing.

  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

    well, the rare bark is a 100% drop from the big coral rares on a weekly timer, and the naga attack plans are either found in scrying chests or you can buy them from mrrl, he had one today actually as his cloak item.

    You can definitely shave off some decent amounts of days by checking in with mrrl every day and also doing the weekly bark thing.

    If it's 100% now it certainly wasn't the first few weeks of the patch. It was 4 or 5 days in before people even knew how to activate all of them, and they were around a 5% drop for a while. By the time I already had flying they got bumped up to about 20-25%.

  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

    well, the rare bark is a 100% drop from the big coral rares on a weekly timer, and the naga attack plans are either found in scrying chests or you can buy them from mrrl, he had one today actually as his cloak item.

    You can definitely shave off some decent amounts of days by checking in with mrrl every day and also doing the weekly bark thing.

    If it's 100% now it certainly wasn't the first few weeks of the patch. It was 4 or 5 days in before people even knew how to activate all of them, and they were around a 5% drop for a while. By the time I already had flying they got bumped up to about 20-25%.

    Seems like you all might just be bad.

  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Anyone up for a Mythic tonight? I have a key for a +10 and was hoping to atleast clear a 10 for the chest. This is on the Pally, so I'd need heals/dps.

    I did get a 2 hander so I could go ret, but not really sure how my numbers would look.

    Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    The one that takes 90 days of logging in is pretty bullshit

    As far as artificial time gating goes, that’s not even as bad as the Mardivas one that takes minimum 13 weeks. The nazjatar meta also has a few exceptionally miserable rares needed for the kill every rare achievement. One of them is a low spawn chance rare that can only spawn after killing a different rare that has a 1 hour spawn timer. Another is an extremely rare spawn for any of the Lost / Wayward Algans, which might have been fine the first few weeks of Nazj content but nobody bothers to kill them anymore. At least you only need to kill them once ever for the achievement

    Mechagon on the other hand has rares that generally respawn more quickly, but you need some <10% drop rate things from everything. The thing that prompted the post in the first place was the discs of norgannon daily was up, that gets you 4 chances at 3 things ONLY available when that daily is up. I didn’t get any of them. And before someone gets pedantic, the blue spraybot blueprint from crazy trogg has such a low drop chance I don't even consider it on his drop table. There’s also a few shitty spawns you need to work for, like oxidized leachbeast and gear checker cogstar, that you need drops from. If you get lucky and get their drops early, it’d save a lot of time manually spawning them

    To mechagons credit, though, at least once you have a drop from a guy you can then completely ignore it, and if all you’re missing is stuff from a particular daily you can just ignore mechagon if it’s not up... though that again artificially extends the length of time it’s relevant and you need to be subbed to complete

    Zay on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Mythic tonight? I have a key for a +10 and was hoping to atleast clear a 10 for the chest. This is on the Pally, so I'd need heals/dps.

    I did get a 2 hander so I could go ret, but not really sure how my numbers would look.

    Depends on what dungeon it is

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    never been happier to not give a fuck about collecting all the stupid bullshit in patch zones

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    It is still weird to me that Mechagon doesn't have traditional dailies like how nazjatar does and theres no emissary stuff which really helps.

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I need a +10 for the week

  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Mechagon dailies give a shit load of rep what are you talking about

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well the emissaries help? Like you'd get an extra 2500 for each one. Thats more!

  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Emissaries are 1500 rep, but mechagon doesn’t have those because you can easily get that rep every day just from doing the dailies and the WQ in the zone. For every other BFA rep, emissary is the only practical way to get rep. Mechagon looks initially awful, rep grind wise, but it actually isn’t that bad

  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    If I'm present I can do more m+, my warlock is raid appropriate ilvl now but some slots might still get a bump from end of instance drops

    ALZff8o.png
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    yeah the zone WQ for mechagon gives what, like 800 something rep every day? on top of whatever else you do

    ALZff8o.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    the average xp/day works out to be pretty much the same for both zones, provided you do everything available each day.

  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Anyone up for a Mythic tonight? I have a key for a +10 and was hoping to atleast clear a 10 for the chest. This is on the Pally, so I'd need heals/dps.

    I did get a 2 hander so I could go ret, but not really sure how my numbers would look.

    Depends on what dungeon it is

    Kings Rest
    with
    Fortified
    Bursting
    Volcanic
    Beguiling

    No idea if this is a terrible one. I'm up for doing a different one as well.

    Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    the average xp/day works out to be pretty much the same for both zones, provided you do everything available each day.

    well yeah but if someone say, wasn't doing the big daily, it would definitely seem to them that it was much harder to get rep when it's probably the easiest in practice

    ALZff8o.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Zay wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    The one that takes 90 days of logging in is pretty bullshit

    As far as artificial time gating goes, that’s not even as bad as the Mardivas one that takes minimum 13 weeks. The nazjatar meta also has a few exceptionally miserable rares needed for the kill every rare achievement. One of them is a low spawn chance rare that can only spawn after killing a different rare that has a 1 hour spawn timer. Another is an extremely rare spawn for any of the Lost / Wayward Algans, which might have been fine the first few weeks of Nazj content but nobody bothers to kill them anymore. At least you only need to kill them once ever for the achievement

    Mechagon on the other hand has rares that generally respawn more quickly, but you need some <10% drop rate things from everything. The thing that prompted the post in the first place was the discs of norgannon daily was up, that gets you 4 chances at 3 things ONLY available when that daily is up. I didn’t get any of them. And before someone gets pedantic, the blue spraybot blueprint from crazy trogg has such a low drop chance I don't even consider it on his drop table. There’s also a few shitty spawns you need to work for, like oxidized leachbeast and gear checker cogstar, that you need drops from. If you get lucky and get their drops early, it’d save a lot of time manually spawning them

    To mechagons credit, though, at least once you have a drop from a guy you can then completely ignore it, and if all you’re missing is stuff from a particular daily you can just ignore mechagon if it’s not up... though that again artificially extends the length of time it’s relevant and you need to be subbed to complete

    One of the mechagon blueprints is from the 10k exalted chest, so depending on luck that could be a couple of weeks in or never.

    Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    the average xp/day works out to be pretty much the same for both zones, provided you do everything available each day.

    Im finding mechagon lagging behind nazjatar slightly, but part of that is because every day a number of the dailies are locked behind chromie's alternate future that I can't go to because the blueprint that takes you there only drops in said future so you have to farm it the first time she shows up in town.

    My solution to this is to use a mechagon contract because hey, it turns out other people are revered so they can make and sell them. It's not a massive amount of rep, but it's helping.

  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Who is down for M+ tonight and what time works best?

    I am, I can do any time.
    @Javen @Dys @Blackbeard7 and who else?

  • DysDys Registered User regular
    I can be online in an hour for stuff if I'm needed

  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    I can stop whatever I'm doing and log on whenever

    ALZff8o.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I'm down. I'll be home in about an hour

    PSN: jfrofl
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    Raaaaaaid?

    ALZff8o.png
    DysBahamutZEROBucketmanSaerisRadiation
Sign In or Register to comment.