As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How did they get hosed?

Heroic darkshore unlocked today with the raid.

But blizzard said it would only open on the "next" darkshore opening. They clarified that if a faction was currently doing darkshore, then it wouldn't open for them, but instead they'd have to wait until the next time they opened darkshore.

The alliance are currently doing darkshore. So it didn't open for them, even though it's now technically available. We, the horde, will thus be the first faction to do heroic darkshore.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    How did they get hosed?

Mechagnomes

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Pro tips from the tip town:

One of the quests today in uldum is fleshbeasts, there's an event in the far southwest that spawns a billion of them
    One of the quest today is to muder kthir, they hang out in tolvir
    If you're a crafter you may need to make a void focus, the 10 fragments have a MASSIVELY higher drop rate in the daily vision. I got 2 from the entire assault, and 8 within 2 minutes in the vision.
    If you're a crafter, you'll need 20 doodads to empower the focus and start making the better crafted gear, you get doodads from the raid, world boss, BG's, and honorable kills, put a priority on getting this focus quest BEFORE you do the world boss or raid tonight.

The call to arms is in vale, if you're trying to cap conquest and get the 440 weapon from it, I recommend grabbing the quest in zuldazar and murdering in the vale during the assault.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I should probably mention that I am likely not going to be raiding tonight.

I'll be there Thursday and going forwards, but tomorrow morning my fiancée and I are moving. So staying up tonight is not really an option for me.

Actually, the truck we are renting we don't have to pick up until 10 am. And we've already packed and planned quite a bit.

So forget what I said earlier. I can raid and move, by thunder.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ya know I actually really like the concept of Mechagnomes as a race and they could have been cool. Yet somehow they wound up looking like weird robo babies

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I can also healy if we end up needing it

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I gotta learn the new fistweaving build as we raid so that's going to be a nightmare because its super needlessly complicated

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I’m into healing if that helps.

But then I figure boomkin is considered super useful so I dunno

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I assume I'll be tanking because I don't know if we have any other active tanks except for Zeny

Can't remember if Vengeance also gives the 5% magic debuff though

• Options
    It does. Any dh hitting something applies a rebuff. Just like any monk with theirs. Healing monks just need to regularly whack bosses and adds if they are the only monk.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    I assume I'll be tanking because I don't know if we have any other active tanks except for Zeny

Can't remember if Vengeance also gives the 5% magic debuff though

@Radiation

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    It does. Any dh hitting something applies a rebuff. Just like any monk with theirs. Healing monks just need to regularly whack bosses and adds if they are the only monk.

fistweaving huh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    I gotta learn the new fistweaving build as we raid so that's going to be a nightmare because its super needlessly complicated

Do you have your pvp essence? Because it's the best major essence for monks by, like, several thousands of percentage points.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Walt wrote: »

Do you have your pvp essence? Because it's the best major essence for monks by, like, several thousands of percentage points.
    it isn’t (always) and no and also I lied I have to get up at 4AM EST so I’m prolly not gonna raid this week

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    How did they get hosed?

Heroic darkshore unlocked today with the raid.

But blizzard said it would only open on the "next" darkshore opening. They clarified that if a faction was currently doing darkshore, then it wouldn't open for them, but instead they'd have to wait until the next time they opened darkshore.

The alliance are currently doing darkshore. So it didn't open for them, even though it's now technically available. We, the horde, will thus be the first faction to do heroic darkshore.

Well, Horde's doing it on EU, so it balances out.

BTW, did they upgrade the reward for doing Heroic Stromgarde?
    Ya know I actually really like the concept of Mechagnomes as a race and they could have been cool. Yet somehow they wound up looking like weird robo babies

"Mecha" is cool, but "gnomes" aren't. Truly the duality of man. Or in this case, gnome.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah I'm tanking, if you guys will have my shitty tanking.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I wanted to make it to new raid funtimes tonight, but work happened. I’m also not as ready as I should be with a couple pieces of gear and enchants. I’ll be there Thursday or next Tuesday though.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    remember to update your shit and buy your rerolls etc

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    New raid seems fun, hope they sort out the bug where my 120k or so is just floating in the void

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Good raid everyone

• Options
    -Blackrock Depths Pet Battle Dungeon
    -The difficulty of Therin Skysong, Alran Heartshade, Zuna Skullcrush pet battle encounters have been lowered

oh...

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The new raid is good, especially the fight where I get to fire the giant void beam and shame you all on the meters.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    that was fun. it's hard to tell with my schedule if i'll be able to make raids regularly but i will try if it allows. d&d is the main conflict but i think the day is changing soon (and it gets cancelled 80% of the time anyway).

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Glad you guys got to raid, how far did you get in normal? Cleared it?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Glad you guys got to raid, how far did you get in normal? Cleared it?

7/12

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    tonight was a pleasant surprise because other than tonight I get like 3 raid nights in the next three months so thanks for letting me TAG IN, NERDS

• Options
    Ra-Den was the only fight I disliked and thats because of the healing absorb shield and ugh my mana

• Options
    i got no gear and lots of pets so good raid imo

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    -Blackrock Depths Pet Battle Dungeon
    -The difficulty of Therin Skysong, Alran Heartshade, Zuna Skullcrush pet battle encounters have been lowered

oh...

ayyyyyy lmao

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    I did the first three bosses in my Aussie guild. They were alright. I think we're doing the Prophet illusion thing horribly wrong though.

• Options
    Did you try yelling at mirren

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    This could be because I was pretty lucky with drops, but I gotta say, not having titanforging fucking owns

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    No man corruption gearing is fun as shit. It is legit cool to juggle around possible effects and kind of brings back all the levels of decision making from the old days.

I know most will just use sims to be told what to do and move on, but I like playing with my options and coming up with a setup myself. Usually I am not all that far off.

I need to figure out if I could take advantage of that cd reduction effect on the dagger though. Otherwise I guess a further reduced main cd isn’t a bad thing.

• Options
    My only usable corrupted piece so far is the ring fodo gave me with huge leech. I’ll probably need to cleanse it once I get an actual dps corrupted effect, since it has 45 corruption. On the other hand, 8% leech is a lot, could be really good for solo mask horrific visions...

I’m kind of salty priests can’t use the int weapon that drops with a guaranteed Infinite Stars since that still seems to be about 50000x better than all the other corruptions

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Don’t worry we are all salty. Except mages and locks.

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Cleansing corrupted items? Sounds like something cowards would do.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    I like this raid. And overall the expansion is fine. I just have one story based question:
    If this is the last raid/end of the expansion...how are we healing Azeroth?

• Options
    They hotfixed the new dailies to be 125 rep and 250 visions instead of 50 for both... they should really double that rep amount though, r3 breath is still a huge grind

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    one extra vision attempt a week hehehehe

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It’s capped pretty hard: you can only get rank 7 this week and rank 8 next week, so it is time gated somewhat

This discussion has been closed.