As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I'd definitely slap around mythic BfD, good excuse to do something on my Mage that isn't Zeny and I doing 8-hour heroic nyalotha pug prog by accident

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    zucchini wrote: »
    oh snap it’s @beavotron sup bb

Hi fren come play wow with me. I wanna see stuff before it’s obsolete and the only way to see it is through a really exhaustively long quest chain with robots and shit. 🙃

I’m gonna be on tonight likely between around 7pst to when I get tired/my ancient joints scream in agony for me to please take a break (like 11? 12PST??) so if anyone wants to fart around come hang I miss yas.

beavotron on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    sadly the game is pretty much dead to me till shadowlands

will probably finish getting characters to 120 since idk what I'll play yet but i gave up grinding buggo mounts because doing so sucks

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I might finish up researching how to handle it, and try scheduling something. I guess if we needed fill ins we could pug. No scaling means any extra damage is free damage.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    request denied, no zays allowed

you must be mistaken

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options

will probably finish getting characters to 120 since idk what I'll play yet but i gave up grinding buggo mounts because doing so sucks

they actually buffed the drop rate off corpse eater to be... idk what but i got it the very day of that hotfix so much better than it was before

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    beavotron wrote: »
    zucchini wrote: »
    oh snap it’s @beavotron sup bb

Hi fren come play wow with me. I wanna see stuff before it’s obsolete and the only way to see it is through a really exhaustively long quest chain with robots and shit. 🙃

I’m gonna be on tonight likely between around 7pst to when I get tired/my ancient joints scream in agony for me to please take a break (like 11? 12PST??) so if anyone wants to fart around come hang I miss yas.

Let’s shamble!!!

• Options
    shambling is now illegal

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Pugging heroic Nzoth is bad times

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Zay wrote: »

they actually buffed the drop rate off corpse eater to be... idk what but i got it the very day of that hotfix so much better than it was before

is this in addition to the droprate hotfix like 1-2 months after patch or is that the one you mean

the one i primarily lost interest in grinding is the one for visions doodads because i really dont like doing them in general especially not solo warlock

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I started trying to do visions again, and I have my rogue just about at the point where 5 masks becomes possible.

And man, the difference in classes in there is starting to show. Balance wasn't terrible, but Rogue in general just feels so potent. Having stealth, intense burst sessions, so much defensive ability, control, a vanish for a reset, a regular interrupt. The list is so long. I can just cheese a lot of bosses by timing a cloak correctly. My only weakness is AOE but its still significantly better than Balanace.

I also have been getting my Shaman caught up on the cloak and its ok. Has good burst damage options but lacks a LOT of that utility. I guess having access to heroism helps though. I didn't bother bringing in drums with any class I used otherwise.

I am going to start getting a Monk geared and into them. I wonder how that will go.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Man, I still haven't got the courage up to 5 Mask run Stormwind.

Really, I should have done it last week with Split Personality not being on the table.

Buuuuut Stormwind is such a consistent pain in the neck that I didn't want to bother.

• Options
    In all honesty, 75% of Stormwind is easier. Like getting 3 sides down can be done with more masks earlier due to how well done the pathing is, and how well spaced the elites are. It is just mage quarter that dicks you over. Even then, if you can get a solid path through there it isn't that bad either.

People have lots of trouble with Rexxar and he alone is enough to make a full 5 mask of Org harder. But the boss with the line attack and the ring of orbs is just as fucking bad. Shit all over the place, you can't see ANY effects from madnesses. Adds that you have to kill AFTER the fight (unless rogue, then thank god for vanish). I hate that guy. Also that area has what I think are the hardest mobs in the channeled stun. And in that same area, is a pull with two. It takes creativity for some classes to deal with them when they can survive burst in high numbers of mask runs.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    In all honesty, 75% of Stormwind is easier. Like getting 3 sides down can be done with more masks earlier due to how well done the pathing is, and how well spaced the elites are. It is just mage quarter that dicks you over. Even then, if you can get a solid path through there it isn't that bad either.

People have lots of trouble with Rexxar and he alone is enough to make a full 5 mask of Org harder. But the boss with the line attack and the ring of orbs is just as fucking bad. Shit all over the place, you can't see ANY effects from madnesses. Adds that you have to kill AFTER the fight (unless rogue, then thank god for vanish). I hate that guy. Also that area has what I think are the hardest mobs in the channeled stun. And in that same area, is a pull with two. It takes creativity for some classes to deal with them when they can survive burst in high numbers of mask runs.

IIRC you never have to do the double manipulator pack to get the 100% and spawn the boss, it's a skippable pack.

• Options
    You can get 100% without killing everything in there? Well shit I never bothered to pay attention, I just figured I had to kill it all.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    You can get 100% without killing everything in there? Well shit I never bothered to pay attention, I just figured I had to kill it all.

yeah you can basically skip 1 pack of choice or whatever. I never do the pack that's by the altar... thing, unless a chest spawned there.

• Options

is this in addition to the droprate hotfix like 1-2 months after patch or is that the one you mean

the one i primarily lost interest in grinding is the one for visions doodads because i really dont like doing them in general especially not solo warlock

yeah that's the one

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    yeah i did it with 5 characters a day when it was up before and after that hotfix and never saw anything and then i gave up doing all of it once we finished cheevos and hit the between expansion limbo

i just didnt even want to keep logging in, so i went and bought all the remaining netherdrakes on my vanilla character instead

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    f1UQFU8.png
    Mecha-Done indeed.

Now I just have to decide if I want to keep trying for the low drop chance mounts from those two rares.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    random hot take: with how much they've started to just litter every patch zone with Rare Spawns with a bunch of mount drops there's really no reason to not just mark the spawn locations of rares on your map by default, no addons needed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    random hot take: with how much they've started to just litter every patch zone with Rare Spawns with a bunch of mount drops there's really no reason to not just mark the spawn locations of rares on your map by default, no addons needed

They've really going overboard with it, i think. Here is "rare" that spawns every 30 minutes on the clock at this exact location every time. But it drops garbage. But super duper rarely it drops a mount. But you can only loot it once a day. But it dies within seconds of spawning!

It's like the Homer Simpson buying a poisoned donut bit.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I agree with that post but also the random, very long spawn timer rares that always drop a mount also suck

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

They've really going overboard with it, i think. Here is "rare" that spawns every 30 minutes on the clock at this exact location every time. But it drops garbage. But super duper rarely it drops a mount. But you can only loot it once a day. But it dies within seconds of spawning!

It's like the Homer Simpson buying a poisoned donut bit.

It would be nice if Blizzard stole the B, A, and S rank (plus S++ rank) hunt system from FFXIV.
    • You can pick up a weekly quest to kill one of the B rank targets in the game. It rewards a decent amount of a couple of currency types that are mostly aimed at earning older rewards. B ranks respawn as soon as they are killed at one of a variety of fixed spawnpoints in their zone. They are fairly easy and are intended to be soloed.
    • A ranks are larger special enemies that can spawn at a variety of potential spawn points within their respective zones. They respawn between 3 to 5 hours after being killed. No quest is needed to get the rewards. They reward everyone who took part in the kill with about 1/3 of a dungeon run worth of currency. They take about 1 group to kill, but they are a shared tag.
    • S ranks are very large special enemies that can be spawned by completing certain criteria 36 to 72 hours after their last death. They give 1/2 to a full dungeon run worth of currency. They require 3-4 groups to kill.
    • S++ ranks are additional even more powerful enemies that may potentially be available to spawn after killing the zone's S rank. Typically a variety of enemies spawn across the entire zone and they need to be killed or other criteria needs to be met within a fairly short timeframe in order to spawn the S++ rank, which rewards even more currency. They tend to require 5-6 or more groups to kill.
    • Special Zone Worldquest Mount Bosses. These are much longer spawns and the world quest is on a 36-72 hour respawn after death. When the world quest appears, the target will have a barrier up and be immune to attacks for 15-20 minutes. When the barrier drops, all people who take part in the kill will get a token. 3 tokens are required to buy the mount from a special vendor. This is basically a S++ in strength boss.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It was a Krusty Doll

I had to edit this twice because I’ve been drinking

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    i just did a pug m+ and have acquired something very important

a weak aura that tracks the amount of times everyone jumps during a boss fight, to declare the jump winner

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    does it track double jumps on demon hunters

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    i just did a pug m+ and have acquired something very important

a weak aura that tracks the amount of times everyone jumps during a boss fight, to declare the jump winner

you're very very lucky I dont play my hunter right now. I'd smoke everyone without even trying.

• Options
    the weak aura... works

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    signed up for a random group at mythic jaina, wasn't even expecting to get invited, it seemed like it was going to shit in the phase change but i saved the run with the azerite beam

7mjums7er2qa.jpg

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Zay is a terrible person

• Options
    why

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Because I'm such a selfish person I made some guild calendar invites for Tuesday night at the normal raid time to do normal and heroic Nzoth so I can catch up on my cloak

If anyone else wants to help or needs to get more corruption resist and has fallen behind like me or just has the itch to play some WoW again, we should go in and do a quick kill because pugging is seriously awful I'm not kidding.

EDIT: Please note I do not have the N'zoth skip so if someone who does could show up and carry us that would be swell

Javen on
  • Options
    I have alts I would love to raid on. Tempting to just move my shaman to horde now and do it.

If this goes well we should seriously do some jaina raids as well for the mount. Zay is now obliged to help.

• Options
    I'm reading a shadowlands interview and this quote is driving me insane
    “Building a zone where things are very pretty and things are, at least in the beginning, fine and things are not on fire everywhere is definitely a unique challenge for the design team."

This statement is seriously messing with me. Why is the task of 'make a nice place that's not on fire' presented as such a difficult creative endeavor for the WoW team?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    “Building a zone where things are very pretty and things are, at least in the beginning, fine and things are not on fire everywhere is definitely a unique challenge for the design team."

This statement is seriously messing with me. Why is the task of 'make a nice place that's not on fire' presented as such a difficult creative endeavor for the WoW team?

Because it's not World Of Placethat'snotonfirecraft

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Just out of context that maybe reads as self deprecating?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Because I'm such a selfish person I made some guild calendar invites for Tuesday night at the normal raid time to do normal and heroic Nzoth so I can catch up on my cloak

If anyone else wants to help or needs to get more corruption resist and has fallen behind like me or just has the itch to play some WoW again, we should go in and do a quick kill because pugging is seriously awful I'm not kidding.

EDIT: Please note I do not have the N'zoth skip so if someone who does could show up and carry us that would be swell

@beavotron

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular

if you have room for a tiny baby that will contribute basically nothing i would like to come hahah

• Options
    Think I’ll move my shaman to horde tonight. Anyone up for some m+?

This discussion has been closed.