As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Cirira wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    You have the makings of the comp that a lot of people used to get by w11 the first time. You can use Aurius on a tank and not make him front line. You can focus on angie for gear because a geared healer will be more useful in most situations than a geared tank. And you can use Alexa and T Guard. Most people used 3*s and 4* or two to clear W11 and start farming it heh.

Yeah. I've got T Guard unleveled and have Furious leveled but not skill enhanced. Alexa just doesn't seem quick/tanky enough yet for the solo tank.

I should take Alexa instead of Kise just to be clear? I don't have Aurius either but have the relic from Diene's event.

Alexa is used a lot because she can be equipped with Daydream Joker artifact which does damage based on the enemies max HP. Which the hunt bosses have a lot of. Combined with her 2 attacks for S1 which procs DJ twice and poison which also works against high HP bosses, she's basically made for W11. The downside is that she doesn't have much use outside of W11, so gearing her up and leveling her for 1 thing might not be great. Especially since other Water DPS units can work. For example I use Sez.

Kise is a good example. She is also good with W11 since her S1 hit's barriers hard and you want to clear the barrier. Her S3 decreases the skill bar for it to activate barrier and her S2 hits really hard after her S3. Her kit makes her more flexible with other content so she's better to spend time and resources on.

Crozet is better than Bask for W11. He's beefier since he's a 4*, and his buffs made him even better for it. They share the same S1, but his S2 will proc anytime his health drops below 50% giving him 2 layers of protection if Angie's heals are on CD for example. His S3 doesn't do anything for W11. You can try and grab the Guild artifact in the store Proof of Valor, which will increase his tankiness even more. The biggest downside is that by the time you get him to 20k+ HP and 1k+ Def, you may have Angie geared up as well like I did.

The reason folks go with TG over Furious is that TG has defense break on S1. And since he's a 3*, you don't need Mola for him. Also if you trigger dual attack, he buffs folks. The biggest downside for him is that the defense break only lasts 1 turn, which can suck if the Wyvern goes before you're DPS does. Furious has a 2 turn break but it's on a long cooldown and if it doesn't trigger, you're screwed for awhile.

Personally I'd work on getting Angies HP and Speed up. 16K+ and 160+ speed for her along with something like Tome for increased turns. Switch to Crozet, you don't need to put any Mola into him. However you'll have to 6* him, so if Bask is already 6*, just keep him instead. Crozet just needs a ton of HP/Def. Gear up TG for effectiveness and speed, so he can go as often as possible to land that defense break. Then it's up to you on which DPS you want to use. Alexa is a bit more specialized for W11, especially with a leveled up Daydream Joker. Or Kise who might be used for other content.

I actually have a maxed out Daydream Joker. So maybe I should try it with Alexa as my DPS and bring along TG or Furious.

My only 6* thus far is Kise. She seemed pretty good as a kit so that's why she is the one leveled up. I do have the Candlestick on Angie already as well.

Candlestick only works on Angie if she's in the tank position. It or Tome are pretty much mandatory for her in that spot. I just ran one and forgot I had Potion Vial in and she wiped right at the end. If Angie's in the back, you'll want Tome to speed her up or Celestine for healing on her S1 when her S2/3 is in cooldown or Rod to boost healing.

Keep in mind that if you're using % stat equipment, going from 50 to 60 provides a pretty large boost. You'll definitely want to 6* Angie for the HP boost since her heals are based on her HP, but for W11 you may need to 6* most of the characters (TG can stay 5*).

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    As I continue to try out other gachas I still come back here and am really happy that 4* and even some 3*s are still really applicable in almost all tiers of the game. Something they still excel at.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    As I continue to try out other gachas I still come back here and am really happy that 4* and even some 3*s are still really applicable in almost all tiers of the game. Something they still excel at.

3 stars are mostly units to use till you get better (specialty changes are mostly an exception), but many 4 stars are best in class, no questions.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »

3 stars are mostly units to use till you get better (specialty changes are mostly an exception), but many 4 stars are best in class, no questions.

Yeah it would be SCs. I guess that makes them pseudo 4*s. But Montmo is my main squeeze at healer. And Carrot has shown to be able to take down even the top tier of pvp geared chars because of burn funtimes. And Wanda has won me a few RTAs because burned guaranteed stun is really nice.

Edit: Man I just lost a tower to dumb ass counter dizzy. Countered on both of my opening attacks leading up to pavel and on the last one of course stunned pavel.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Going back a page, I use Crozet to tank W11. Mine is basically indestructible at this point. I even use him a lot in guild wars since his S3 is downright silly when not every team is guarenteed to have immunity or cleanses like arena.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yeah it would be SCs. I guess that makes them pseudo 4*s. But Montmo is my main squeeze at healer. And Carrot has shown to be able to take down even the top tier of pvp geared chars because of burn funtimes. And Wanda has won me a few RTAs because burned guaranteed stun is really nice.

Edit: Man I just lost a tower to dumb ass counter dizzy. Countered on both of my opening attacks leading up to pavel and on the last one of course stunned pavel.

I see Dizzy, all i think is it’s Champ Z’s time to shine.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/_9LERFyD3CA

I know its said a lot but dammit they need to make an anime.

• Options
    Also if you didnt see...

Mystics next up is ML Ken....dammit and I used my luck on ML Tywin.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    But Tywin is fabulous. You're fine.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ML Surin looks pretty cool too. Dunno how she will perform but looks like she can do work.

• Options
    ML Surin looks pretty cool too. Dunno how she will perform but looks like she can do work.

Her numbers are super key here. She doesn't dispel, just makes unbuffable, and has to get hit before she jumps up in the turn order.

• Options
    I need to start cooking on the story. I'm still on S2 part 2 I think. With the next event as a conclusion, I'll need to book it to avoid spoilers.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/3D0pRXRPidE

New SC with 20th patch. Going to be a big one.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I loved Helga's look when I first drew her but everyone is saying she'll not be very useful on reddit. Still love the design.

• Options
    Her usefulness will be like most units in this game: Do you have an open role for her? She's a speed imprint and decently fast already. She's boosting effectiveness a ton now along with attack, so you get a boost in landing debuff's and an attack boost. And her S1 has defense break which is one of the best debuff's. If you have Vivian or Charles, she might not be worth doing much with, but otherwise, I'd imagine she might find a role in certain team comps.

• Options
    I loved Helga's look when I first drew her but everyone is saying she'll not be very useful on reddit. Still love the design.

Reddit claims every single unit is useless though, and is almost always wrong. The absurd amount of whining and misinformation that comes from there is downright silly when most of the other mobile game subreddits I’ve looked into have been fairly good. Basically don’t believe anything you read from that one.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Ard wrote: »

Reddit claims every single unit is useless though, and is almost always wrong. The absurd amount of whining and misinformation that comes from there is downright silly when most of the other mobile game subreddits I’ve looked into have been fairly good. Basically don’t believe anything you read from that one.

She will be really useful for individuals who dont have the 5* option like most SCs. She is fast. She will self buff. She has speed imprint. And she will buff the group with two of the more important stats for those without the gear. Attack and Eff. It lets you continue to focus on other needed stats to compete through the tiers of pvp. She will be useful in all arenas for the majority of players.

SCs are a heavy investment though because of all the currency required for the tree unlocks. But there is not really a bad SC. It makes them solid 4*+ quality usually.

Edit: Reddit loves to say Eff is useless even though everyone stacks the shit out of eff resist at higher pvp levels and thus they stack eff on their core units.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Just discovered a weird glitch. All my extra inventory that wasn't equipped seems to be gone, outside a few pieces. I know I didn't just sell or consume all of it in upgrades. No idea what happened.

Edit: I closed the app and reopened it and now everything is back. Weird.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    You should equip all your gear you're not using but want to keep on fodder anyway. Then it doesn't count against your inventory limit, and when you want to use a piece you can feed the fodder to another unit and get the items back without paying to unequip.

• Options
    I really need to be better about that. Constantly bumping up against the limit. Can only get down to 400 or so. Also need to craft some EE, didn’t realize all my bad ones were taking up space.

• Options
  • Options
    Free ML of the month was a new one. ML Aither is off the list. Only a couple ML 4s left! Lots will be the last I get heh.

• Options
    Free ML was A. Coli #2. 1 away from SSS. I might have to invest in her a bit, her imprint giving 15% CC is pretty nice for helping build her.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

That is fairly hilarious, and only one of them is even 60.

I like the new Helga, that is one ginormous fuck off axe, and it wasn't like it was small before.

Nosf on
  • Options
    hmmm some cool stuff from the Live Stream:
    Dev's are watching SSB, FCC, and others. Seems they know they are OP and may end up with minor nerfs.
    ML Tywin and Pavel are on their watch list for buffs.
    Sounds like 1 pet snack will get 100 friendship points. - Wooooo! I have 300 of them and am constantly out of fodder. I hope this is available tomorrow lol.
    Abyss 100 will be coming in May with lvl 88 lifesteal gear as rewards (champ Z thanks you).
    More Hell Raid news in May.
    Lilibet banner coming up soon.
    New limited hero Cerise in the next couple weeks. Skill set below:
    S3 - Attacks all enemies, decreasing buffs by 1 turn, with a 75% chance each to inflict 2 turns of Restrict and Decreased Speed. Grants invincible for 1 turn.
    S2 - Stuns for 1 turn, then decreases CR by 30%, while increasing her CR by 50% (Soulburn: Ignore eff res)
    S1 - Attack and increase CR by 10%
    What is Restrict? When you're restricted, CR boosting effects aside from speed will not have any effect.
    Artifact: 35-70% chance to grant caster stealth at the end of their turn. Can trigger once every 2 turns.
    Base speed is 122

Really like the Restrict option. If more units get it, it'll be a fun counter to all the CR pushing that gets done. Base speed is great. Kind of suck's a story unit is limited though.

The artifact seems more Thief-ish to me rather than ranger.

• Options
    Also we're supposed to be getting Free Equip + boosts starting tomorrow. I'm going to start making a list here since I always forget what I want to move around equipment wise when these come around haha.

I think my main things are to get Lilias speedier, switch A. Ravi to speed, and move Charles to a Destruction set. I've been watching the last couple weeks in PvP when I face Charles on defense, the only time I see him counter attack is when "Elbris" shows on screen. I keep reading that Elbris procs more that it's listed % on defense, so maybe that's part of it. But move him to destruction would allow me to use him with B11 and other things.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Elbris proccing more on defense is almost certainly confirmation bias.

• Options

Frozenzen wrote: »
    Elbris proccing more on defense is almost certainly confirmation bias.

Of course but it just feeeeerls badman.

• Options
    idk, I figured as much at the start. But for the last 2 weeks, anytime Charles countered, the Elbris wording popped up. I didn't encounter a single time that he countered without it coming up. I did get plenty of A. Ravi's or Dizzy's that countered due to counter sets. Could be that Elbris if equipped pops up anytime counter is activated, either by itself or counter set.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Ive wanted Lidica since the beginning. I started during first luna banner but tried and couldnt get to pity as I was still trying to stay F2P then for Lidica.

Thing is I could probably get more usefulness out of lilibet with so many maid chloes and AVildreds around where I am at now.

Tough choices.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Ive wanted Lidica since the beginning. I started during first luna banner but tried and couldnt get to pity as I was still trying to stay F2P then for Lidica.

Thing is I could probably get more usefulness out of lilibet with so many maid chloes and AVildreds around where I am at now.

Tough choices.

Lidica is a pve god and surprisingly slept on in PvP(by me, specifically, I have lost to so many stupid fast Lidica’s).

But I’d actually put Lilibet ahead of her in usefulness, if only because her one-shot Banshee build easily carries over to Vildred/Chloe murder, which makes her a nice budget build. Much like A.Vildred’s farm and Arena Defense builds are identical.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Lidica has been the anchor for my main pve team since nearly the beginning. Almost nothing is immune to her S3 and it’s downright silly.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Also Cersise looks good too.

But you know what im just going to go for my girl Lidica so I can finally have her. Her and Melissa can eat faces together. So far ive only seen a couple people rumbling about Doris being the sleeper best buff of the group in terms of ability for main job but its good to see some people seeing it has a chance.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Cerise looks great and also more than a bit broken.

But I'ma keep saving for Kawerik.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Yeah I'd love Lidica. Her animations are just the best. Plus chain swords are the best anime weapons. Lilibet would also be great. Every team is either ML Ken, ML Vildred, ML Chole, or Ruele, it's rather annoying.

But Cerise seems really good and is limited, along with Kawerik coming up, I'll probably have to skip both Lidica and Lilibet, still low on resources.

EDIT: It'll be interesting to see if Champ Z can throw Cerise's debuff back at the other team.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Yeah I'd love Lidica. Her animations are just the best. Plus chain swords are the best anime weapons. Lilibet would also be great. Every team is either ML Ken, ML Vildred, ML Chole, or Ruele, it's rather annoying.

But Cerise seems really good and is limited, along with Kawerik coming up, I'll probably have to skip both Lidica and Lilibet, still low on resources.

EDIT: It'll be interesting to see if Champ Z can throw Cerise's debuff back at the other team.

I'd assume he can.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I started playing again, just a little and mainly getting that free stamina each day, clicking my missions for coins, the pvp points. I'm not feeling super invested and sort of ambivalent about the game still, but what I'm saying is 6 summons got me Lidica and Lots.

Hiyoooooo!

Nosf on
  • Options
    Man.... Worst summoning session ever. 1 4* and 5*. That being the arti too which just goes to imprint. Oh well. On to walking to dogs.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It seems I am 300 dollars away from showing everyone who’s the best.

I am super glad A. Vildred showed up a few weeks ago because I would be sweating real hard.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Tossed my mystics and came up with a Sez. Decided I'd try for Lidica and landed her fairly early in the pulls. Now back to the grind! I love the new auto-battle feature without pet charms,