As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Getting two or more 4 star heroes/artifacts (dont discount great artifacts) in your selective is nice but remember there are really good 3 star heroes as well.

Some of them completely free (unlocked in-game) and some who can be upgraded to great 5 star units later (like Hazel, Kluri and Lorina[sp?])

every unit can be upgraded to 6 star. It's just some 3 stars have specialty changes at level 50.

Right, but aren't the specialty units' base stats essentially equivalent to base 5 star units?

nope.

They usually get some +speed, but otherwise, no. They get a bunch of other unique stuff.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm still just lost with the menus sometimes. It looks like a need ingredients to buff up attacks. But there was a section early on around taking monsters I get and fusing them into characters? Do you only do that for type, like earth for earth characters? Sometimes there just seems like too many items, building upgrade items, currency items, gold, some sort of shamrock items, and on and on.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Picked this up on a whim over the weekend and two days later I've been playing as much as humanly possible. This game is crack

How should I prioritize promotions in the early game? Mercedes is my only reliable aoe damage dealer so I'm assuming she should be pushed to at least 5* asap? She's been carrying me while I level other units/fodder by spamming side event stages

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Picked this up on a whim over the weekend and two days later I've been playing as much as humanly possible. This game is crack

How should I prioritize promotions in the early game? Mercedes is my only reliable aoe damage dealer so I'm assuming she should be pushed to at least 5* asap? She's been carrying me while I level other units/fodder by spamming side event stages

Depends on what your selective summon/early summons yield. Unless you have real bad luck with pulls, I wouldn't bother breaking her to 5 stars. Promote your dps to 50 star first, whoever is tanking second.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm still just lost with the menus sometimes. It looks like a need ingredients to buff up attacks. But there was a section early on around taking monsters I get and fusing them into characters? Do you only do that for type, like earth for earth characters? Sometimes there just seems like too many items, building upgrade items, currency items, gold, some sort of shamrock items, and on and on.

Fusing penguins into characters or random fodder gives them experience points (as does completing any battle). Once a unit hits its level cap, which is star based, you need to fuse an equal number of their current star level to promote them past it, e.g. 3 3 star units to move a level 30 3 star unit to 4 stars, which enables it to go to 40. 4 4 stars to get a level 40 4 star unit to 5 stars, which will enable it to go to 50.

Matching the element of the penguin to the element of hero is worth +50% experience. The fastest way to level units is to just take them to battles, but you can use stigma (red face currency) to grow penguins to help speed this along. I wouldn't sweat 6 stars until way later. You neither need nor have an easy way to farm the experience points quickly until you're done with the main story.

So I got to my 30 summons finally. 3 in and I got Achates. She seems like a good healer, but is the recommendation to try for a 5* unit?

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So I got to my 30 summons finally. 3 in and I got Achates. She seems like a good healer, but is the recommendation to try for a 5* unit?

It really depends on who else is in that roll

If it’s Achates and a bunch of 3* artifacts reroll that it’s bad.

If there are other good 4* or 3* characters though...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

There are so many heroes. Just look up any multple 4-5 star pulls (artifacts and heroes) to see relative strength and if its something you can live with for awhile heh. Ras and Mercedes are really passable characters into mid end game. So is Aither.

So what's better, going for as many 5* and 4*'s as you can or stay with a roll that has 2 4*'s in it? I just got Angelica and a ranger artifact called Rosa Hargana.

So what's better, going for as many 5* and 4*'s as you can or stay with a roll that has 2 4*'s in it? I just got Angelica and a ranger artifact called Rosa Hargana.

Don't view the 5 stars as some god tier over the 4s. It's all kit based.

Angelica is a very strong healer, and probably good enough to take to start alone. You're going to need to use friends to kill things until you have better damage dealers, but she'll be enough to cover a lot of problems you'll have later.

She has potent heals, and has the ability to grand 2-4 turns of debuff immunity, which is very potent.

If you're willing to roll dice, you could try to get another roll with her and someone else, but if not, probably can just make due with her.

I personally wouldn’t even consider artifacts in a roll unless a hero that could use that artifact well was also in the roll.

a 5* artifact is pointless if you have nobody who can use it.

Otoh, getting a 5* artifact that’s BIS for a good 4* unit (that’s also in the roll!) is a very solid roll

fuck gendered marketing
    I was thinking the same thing haha. Seems like an artifact isn't that great unless it matches one of your starters.

Just re-rolled again and got Angelica, Coli, and Cat-Man (Purrgis). I'll have to think about that one. The gacha player in me sees 27 more tries and wants to shoot for a 5* plus something else.

I was thinking the same thing haha. Seems like an artifact isn't that great unless it matches one of your starters.

Just re-rolled again and got Angelica, Coli, and Cat-Man (Purrgis). I'll have to think about that one. The gacha player in me sees 27 more tries and wants to shoot for a 5* plus something else.

That's a workable comp to start. Coli is decent, and Purrgis can tank for you, while Angie heals.

@Tcheldor could you add me to the list in the OP? My ign is also Elldren

fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2019
    Angie is amazing. Coli and Purrgis are fun but take investment to shine.... if you have 27 more....heh.

That said I still dont have Angie and its kind of a problem end game as she is just so good. Probably the best available all around healer in the game.

Jubal77 on
    If I go with that group, do I have a decent chance of pulling Iseria on the banner? I'm nervous as FFBE has terrible rates, which is making me hesitant. If you log in daily, how often do you get to summon?

edited April 2019
    You get a free summon every day but its non banner, general, summon. The banner rates are still really low. Like to get a specific 5 star your shot is sub .02% or 1.5% or so for a 5 star generally. For Banners those rates are increased to somewhere just under 1%.

This game throws gems and the flags to do banner based summons though. There are the dailies that will net you flags. There are the story quests where you will get some each act as rewards. There is the limited story modes that will give you some. And there are the browser based dailies, like the watergun one now, that can sometimes give you shots at additional ones randomly.

Jubal77 on
    If I go with that group, do I have a decent chance of pulling Iseria on the banner? I'm nervous as FFBE has terrible rates, which is making me hesitant. If you log in daily, how often do you get to summon?

Increased rates just lower the odds of a 5 star that isn’t the featured 5star. The odds of a 5star overall are unchanged so pull whenever.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Eh Guilty Gear is cool but I'm not gonna like hold summons for that

Bucketman wrote: »

Depends on animations/character kits etc. We'll know the details tomorrow.

Elldren wrote: »
    @Tcheldor could you add me to the list in the OP? My ign is also Elldren

Added

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

I feel the opposite, the rumors of a league colab had me very uninterested, but GG has way more fun characters to me at least!

And my ign name is frozenzen @Tcheldor if you could add me to the list as well.

Frozenzen wrote: »

I feel the opposite, the rumors of a league colab had me very uninterested, but GG has way more fun characters to me at least!

And my ign name is frozenzen Tcheldor if you could add me to the list as well.

added

I just went with that group, even though I wanted to just keep pulling haha. Cat man seems pretty decent, I don't have any equipment, so getting some +health stuff seems to be key. Not sure how much better he is than Ras though. Put some artifact that restores health each turn on him. Angelica seems to be a better version of Aither. Coli seems pretty weak compared to Mercedes right now, but I can imagine she'll get better with some +attack gear.

If you can get a good counter set on Purrgis he gets really funny.

So other than the story, what should I be looking at. I just did the first labyrinth to try and get gear. Can I do the side story with lvl 7-ish characters?

edited April 2019
    The side stories have a lower level easy playthrough. But I think they are usually in the 20s or low 30s.

If you go to the Notices& Events button and then Events this will have a listing of what is active for the current patch. You will see the main side story but there is also usually a "browser based" thing here. Right now its the watergun fight. These change every patch but you can only find them in the events area or in the scrolling tile thing up top right. Right now its just a daily based thing where you get water guns based off of pretty easy daily stuff that you can then use on the middle the 4 guys to get a random shot at really useful stuff. There is another option lower for energy or gold but id recommend the middle turn in because it can give you liefs which are energy as well as gold, gear leveling items or flags. This watergun fight changes tomorrow though post patch.

Try to work your way through the story if you can. Try to finish the three sisters repuation daily each day. And try to finish the watergun daily if you can. The side story can wait for now probably.

Arena, Lab, abyss are all "free" though. As in they have their own energy. Keep up on those if you can as well. Arena will give you lots of gems per week if you make progress/win in them. Labs are a great chance for free gear. And abyss is great milestone based clearing that gives you great rewards if you can clear the levels.

Jubal77 on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Guilty Gear is fine but I hate the character choices. I'd go to pity rate for Millia Jam or May. Or the rich guy.

I'm pretty indifferent or worse to these nerds. Dizzy's okay I guess.

Johnny and May would've been nice, or Venom!

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    So other than the story, what should I be looking at. I just did the first labyrinth to try and get gear. Can I do the side story with lvl 7-ish characters?

If you get good friend units they can carry you through the farming stages on hard probably At the very very minimum you want to clear the whole thing once for the 4* artifact reward and buy the bookmarks.

There's basically no penalty for trying to do content and failing. You get all of your stamina or other entry requirements refunded. This is true for everything but arena flags.

edited April 2019
    Are friends like other games? Send invites to people on the main page?

Also what is the water gun festival? I clicked on it but it said 0 attempts left.

Edit: Krau is pretty awesome. A provoke on his main attack is great.

Trajan45 on
    Its hard to say without seeing the page. Scrolling through the page it usually tells you want you need to do.

Last night I got Maya which is eh but this morning on my free pull I got Charles so nice. Finally got the old man.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So, My 30 pull I got a 5* Iseria. I've heard this is good. So she's in the group. Then on a daily free pull I got Mistychains. Who also seems really good. So good, in fact, that I stopped using my healer for the story mode. Then I got Carmainrose. Who appears to be also highly rated. Is it bad that I just want to keep Mistychains and Iseria in my group always?

Now if I could just pull a nice tanky person. Ras seems.. mediocre at best.

edited April 2019
    Mistychain is ok. She will have issues healing as you progress and things get more hp spongy. Carmainrose is the best of the banshees. She does good damage and her 3, once awakened, can help you take out that pesky healer or the like as it decreases speed and readiness. She is pure single target though. Iseria is a great pull. Top 15 or so hero in the game as a enabler/debuffer. She can do some dmg too.

For tank id say keep pulling and work on crozet for "free" in the connections, the people sitting on the stool in the lobby, he is one of the more grindy connections but he is a very good tank with his shields and pushbacks.

Jubal77 on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Couple of questions. What is battle readiness? Lots of things seem to modify it.

Are there any differences between the summons? Covenant, Freindship etc?

My game name is Rahne. Feel free to add me.

cptrugged on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Unlocked Silk, seems pretty good. Had a good 5 start artifact doodad for her too, debuffs enemies, buffs pals. Top tier waifu as the kids say I guess?

I've been trundling along, not spending any cash and doing penguin/shock pup farm and a mol'gora thing each day as I can. I have some transmission stones and such, should I be spending those on moonlight summons or 4-5 star summons things? I farmed the Not My Knight thing pretty hard, is there a priority there for those types of events? I assumed the more expensive things would be the priority.

Friendship summons seem to summon a pile of crap - covenant gets a single better unit or artifact? Or a chance for better at least.

Nosf on
    edited April 2019
    Moonlight is always the way to go its the only way to get some of the the top 10 heroes in the game. Grats on Silk she is a good hero that is fast and with her 3 unlocked will increase your teams speed and decrease the opponent team. Really strong. With some dual attack she can do some dmg as well.

Readiness is a straight increase in the the units turn order. If you watch the turn order when you use a decreaser or pushback you will see the unit fly up/back in the order. Opposite for increasing readiness. Its a really powerful effect. Speed will increase/decrease the rate at with units go through the turn order bar. The turn order bar just shows the order at that second with speed and readiness it will change rapidly.

The summons are:

banner/event based: These can be a couple things. The normal will not increase the chance at getting a 5 star but rather the chance at the individual(s) listed. Like what we have now. There are also limited summons which will be a one shot chance to get that hero. After these are up you cannot currently get them again. There is a a gauranteed summon of these, like the gold transit stone at 20 summons, but its set at around 120 summons if I remember.

Covenant: This is the base summon. All non moonlight or limited summons are available here. You get one free a day but thats all you should be really investing here.

Moonlight: Alternate universe summons of characters. If you see a Celestial Mercedes, Martial Artist Ken, or generally any hero with a prefix to their name like that they came from this summon. Martial Artist Ken is considered the most op hero in the game and is only here. Lots of other really HQ 3-5 stars here.

Friendship: Fodder summons for leveling up artis or the like. Not really all taht usefull but can dump friendship points here from time to time if you are desparate for 2 stars for dogs promotion fodder, doesnt really happen as you get 2 star mobs pretty easily, or you want some 2 star or lower artifacts to level up a new arti for cheap and use the charms for the bigger levels.

Jubal77 on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Ha, important note: You can only use moonlight after clearing 10-10. Did not know that!

Is there a good starter guide? I seem to have a ton of questions still haha.

1) What's the best way to level characters? I used a random friend that was only 1 rank above me but their character was 34. All of mine are like 12-14. Also I have a Carmainerose I didn't notice and she may fit in better than Coli, but she's only level 5.

2) Is there anything special with dupes? I got a 2nd artifact card and wasn't sure if they are used for anything other than having another.

3) What are Penguins used for? I just got some from a message.

Right now I'm just grinding on the event so I can try and get the last 5 covenant badges. Feels like summoning is pretty important here in the beginning to try and round out characters.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The answer is always farming.

Epic 7 post the tutorial(Yes the tutorial is the first 10 Chapters when you unlock Moonlight summons) is a game about multitasking while grinding for materials.

Level characters while grinding materials.

Level wolves for 6*’ing while grinding materials.

Do the sidestory to level characters, while leveling wolves, while grinding event tokens, while...grinding for materials.

Mats are key for starring, as well as leveling abilities, which are fairly significant power boosts. As well as grinding for unlocking Yuna eventually.

edited April 2019
    There are guides around but the game is pretty deep so its also beneficial just to ask specific questions.

1) Just as long as you are out of pvp your characters will gain xp on what they are doing. There are several ways to level characters. Once you unlock dispatch missions they are good chunks of xp a couple times a day. Labs will net good xp because of high encounters in them. Story mode will get good xp. You can rerun nodes over and over for xp if you like. The AP you get is not worthless. Not sure when that unlocks though as I had worked my way through storymode before that was added. Side story is usually good as well as you will grind out currency for that and get xp. The quickest way for me is to stick the new hero in a group with max leveled characters though. XP is split so if the hero is the only one that can get xp they will get all the xp.

2)Dupe heroes and artifacts can be pumped into the same hero and artifact for bonuses. For heroes it unlocks the additional effects which as you pump more heroes will rank it up to SSS max. These bonuses are great min max additions but behind RNG wall heh. For atifacts, if pumped into same artifact you will get a large bonus to xp given to rank it up. Ranking up artifacts increases the potency of what it provides in the text as well as the base stats.

3)Penguins I use to level up dogs. Phantasms. They are primarily what you will use to rank up/increase max level/increase stars of hero. You can add the dogs to your party to get them xp that way too. Generally phantasms are what you will use but you can also level up other 3 star trash mobs or heroes to funnel into
    getting your heroes up to 5 star. I think penguins can be sold/transmitted as well for money and some stones.

Note: for dupe heroes you may find yourself saving them for both unlocking additonal effects and promoting them. If your main hero is leveled up max but is still the base star you will get both if you use the dupe for promoting. If you say have montramancy, a 3 star healer, and level one up to max (30), and you end up getting 3 more montramancys you can use those 3 montramancys to promote her to 4 star and get 3 unlocks of the additional effects as well!

Note2:You do not need to level up the heroes, trash mobs, dogs to max level to promote another hero. Just the hero you are promoting needs to be max level. Dogs when you get them are 2 star for example from the farm. You can use two of the trash 2 star mobs you get questing etc to get them right up to 3 star level 20. You can then use these dogs to level up a 3 star level 30 to 4 star.

Jubal77 on