As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Starting with the Master Sword and removing its use timer would go a long way. Next make the other weapon types more powerful against certain enemies and you could still have a lot of weapon changing while always having a solid all rounder to fall back on.

I don't think I'd get rid of the timer, but I would like consumables that could shorten its duration.

I would also accept going old school and needing full health to use its fancy magic.

That's already in BotW. The Master Sword can
    shoot beams when you try to throw it
    when you're at full health.

As for horses, I loved horses because they would automatically follow roads and dodge trees, allowing me to freely look around. I used fast travel a lot, but for general exploration, I often used horses. Also, you can always vault of horses with your bow to go into bullet time and massacre foes. Guardians ain't shit when you can gallop up, jump, pop off an arrow to their eye to stun them, then hack off their legs.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    If we're going spelunking with Link and Zelda a hookshot makes a whole lotta sense.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    My big hope is they utilise the code/physics for guardians to make a bunch of bug/spider/gohma enemies!

Think guardian, but it can climb on walls!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    My big hope is they utilise the code/physics for guardians to make a bunch of bug/spider/gohma enemies!

Think guardian, but it can climb on walls!

With maracas

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Them riding a big old water oxallo gives me hope that I might be able to tame a stalhorse

You can tame a Stalhorse in BotW already.

I was so excited when this happened, then the stable told me to f off.

steam_sig.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    All they had to do was make a slight tweak to rain climbing. As is, you climb climb climb then fall further down than you started. That sets the psychological message of "This is a complete waste of your time, fuck off". If you didn't slide further than you climbed though, it sets the message that you still can possibly make it. It's probably mathematically impossible, but at least it doesn't look it. And really, the message is more "You just don't have enough stamina to do this in the rain".

"You could, but you can't" is much better than "You won't".

But... you can...

anyway, I'll digress here. =)

I sorta consider the "jump just before you slide" trick a... well not a cheat. Advanced trick? Or hell, maybe an unintended workaround. Either way, as is if you don't do that then you literally take 2 steps forward then 3 steps back, and that just looks and feels shitty.

You really think their QA didn't catch that you can do that?
    It can be done if you know what you're doing, but there's probably another option. Start a fire and use the updraft, for example.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’d like, if shrines return, that they come in several palettes and cultural styles. It’s more work for the artists but I think it’d go a long way.

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I still don't know why you couldn't cook up a potion or buy some gear that'd let you ignore the rain penalty. It seems like such a bizarre omission.

Yeah all they'd have to do would be put it in Zora's Domain as that's the only section actually locked off by rain.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-team-drew-inspiration-from-red-dead-redemption-2-e3-2019
    This morning, Nintendo revealed it’s working on a sequel to Breath of the Wild, and we later learned it’s not related to Majora’s Mask - in fact, it’s even darker.
    GIVE ME ALL THE EDGE.

I am so fucking ready.

Can we talk about how the dev team is inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2 this time around? I'm so damn intrigued.

As for the main producer of the series:
    Mr. Aonuma says he’s been playing the upcoming rhythm-based game Cadence of Hyrule. "Recently I've been very busy, especially with Link's Awakening... So on my breaks I've been playing Cadence of Hyrule. So I've been kind of overloaded with a lot of Zelda recently."

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Cadence of Hyrule is out now. The overworld theme is a medley of overworld themes from across the series and I'm so happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1hqY2qXO0

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Cadence of Hyrule is out now. The overworld theme is a medley of overworld themes from across the series and I'm so happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1hqY2qXO0

This game is surprisingly addicting. Been playing for hours, died multiple times, and haven't even beaten the first real boss.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Poison weapon really helped on the first main boss I ran into. Warp away, sure. You'll still eat poison damage, asshole.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Came back to BotW after getting frustrated with the part of the Champion's Ballad where you can get one shot by everything. Plowed through it pretty easily this time though, so probably was just getting frustrated and that was hurting my overall performance causing a negative feedback loop. Then completed the DLC with no other major issues. Motorcycle ho! And I got back into things just in time for the sequel announcement.

Also grabbed Cadence of Hyrule. Which is a lot of fun despite my clinical lack of rhythm. Did a ton of exploring and beat my first boss, so that was nice. Came very close to the wire and I panicked a bit, but pulled through. Did completely forget to use Naryu's love, which probably would have helped a bit. Did try out Din's Fire... which got me caught out a few times.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just recently got a switch and this game and ive been parts meandering and following the quest as you do, mostly my main drive has been getting the towers honestly. Anyway the last two shrines I've come to have made me use the entire switch as a motion pad, one to do a ball in a maze thing and this new one is having me swing a hammer to knock a boulder down a path except the hammer rotates on every axis so most of my attempts to swing rotate right before they hit and I just wasted 10 minutes nearly throwing my switch only to watch my input harmlessly tap the metal ball I'm trying to knock into the boulder and I really hate everything about being forced to use motion controls that don't respond they way I'd expect them too.are there a lot of shrines like that?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I just recently got a switch and this game and ive been parts meandering and following the quest as you do, mostly my main drive has been getting the towers honestly. Anyway the last two shrines I've come to have made me use the entire switch as a motion pad, one to do a ball in a maze thing and this new one is having me swing a hammer to knock a boulder down a path except the hammer rotates on every axis so most of my attempts to swing rotate right before they hit and I just wasted 10 minutes nearly throwing my switch only to watch my input harmlessly tap the metal ball I'm trying to knock into the boulder and I really hate everything about being forced to use motion controls that don't respond they way I'd expect them too.are there a lot of shrines like that?

Yeah I'd say about 40 or 50 of them.
    Nah, probably 5 total. Try resetting your controller. I don't know if you're using the joycon or not but sometimes that helps. Also look them up online as there is usually a way to cheat it by hold it upside down or something.

• Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular

If you're using the whole Switch as a motion pad, you're doing it wrong.

Source: I did it wrong, a few times.

Take off the right joycons, and use that for motion. Way easier.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Apologies if someone already posted this, but I highly recommend anyone who still cares about the LA remake give this video a watch. 10 minutes of gameplay unobfuscated by any irritating commentary so you can give the new soundtrack a good listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4eNxiRbk-I

The more I look at it, the happier I am to see an overhead Zelda using a brand new aesthetic, in HD no less, even if it is a remake.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Man, the game looks beautiful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Man, you guys weren't kidding about Cadence of Hyrule being difficult. Died quite a bit already, but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Don't really know where I'm supposed to go though, just meandering around the overworld.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    If you're struggling, look for the spear in the Game Over shop (at least, one was routinely offered to me). Heck, just take any opportunity you're given to get a Spear in general. Attacking at two range feels like cheating.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I'm finding it so, so much easier than Necrodancer. Mostly it's because much less seems to reset on death in this game. I've picked up a flail and enchanted it to obsidian, which I expected to be for only that run but I seem to keep it on death which is making things generally a cakewalk.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    If you're struggling, look for the spear in the Game Over shop (at least, one was routinely offered to me). Heck, just take any opportunity you're given to get a Spear in general. Attacking at two range feels like cheating.

I didn't see the spear yet, but I got the broadsword from that shop, which has been a huge help.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »

I didn't see the spear yet, but I got the broadsword from that shop, which has been a huge help.

May be random which you can get. The spear never came up, I also got the broadsword there.

Really, getting the broadsword or spear, either one, is a huge upgrade.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    In Cadence thanks to the wonky way you talk to NPCs I pressed A on the shopkeeper and accidentally shot him with an arrow, which aggro'd him and killed me.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    In Cadence thanks to the wonky way you talk to NPCs I pressed A on the shopkeeper and accidentally shot him with an arrow, which aggro'd him and killed me.

I learned very quickly to put something benign on the A button, like the war drum, for exactly that reason.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The shopkeeper actually had a health bar too, lots of hearts. Might try to beat him to see what happens.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So it turns out I have way less rhythm than I thought I did. I died like a dozen times within the first few screens, then started to make actual progress.
    Do the cuccos aggro if you attack them too much? I'm assuming so, so I'm going to extreme lengths to leave them alone.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    Yeah, of course they will attack you! They always seem to do a very good job at getting in the way...

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Let's take a quick commercial break from Cadence because someone beat BOTW in 28 minutes and 59 seconds as seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVG0_0jzjk
    I mean the video is 32 minutes long but damn this guy did some serious sequence breaking ... that was impressive.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled talk about Cadence of Hyrule ... I have been hearing a lot of positive impressions about this game. Hopefully, I can get a job soon so that I can also break my wallet in the upcoming months ... you know either that or food. Hunger is overrated and buy ALL the games LOL.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Yeah, of course they will attack you! They always seem to do a very good job at getting in the way...

Extra bad with a poison weapon. One hit will set them off from the poison.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah that speedrun is in the any% no amiibo category. The crazy shit they've found to break that game blows my mind. For the past few months people have been running and routing the shield-bounce trick in, but I had no idea there was clipping of that sort to get through walls and into shrines and such.

For comparison, the world record is as such in each category (all of these are no-amiibo):
    - All Dungeons (the Divine Beasts): 1h 56m 11s
    - All Main Quests: 2h 51m 49s
    - All Shrines: 8h 30m 49s
    - 100%: 25h 24m 57s (second place is 33h 40m 07s)

For the 100% run the rules are very not-what-I-was-expecting. They want all DLC uninstalled for it, and runners are allowed two breaks during it (neither break can be more than 9 hours long; this allows for sleep, going to work, etc). As for the list of goals in the game,
    100% Definition:
    • All container upgrades
    - All 120 Spirit Orbs from Shrines
    - All heart containers from Divine Beasts
    • Complete all Quests
    - 15 Main Quests
    - 42 Shrine quests
    - 76 Side Quests
    - Obtain all 18 memories
    • 100.00% map percentage counter
    - All 900 Koroks
    - All Locations
    - All Shrines
    - All Towers
    • All Key Items
    - Shiekah Slate+ with all runes upgraded
    - Paraglider
    - All Champion abilities
    - All Kilton medals (Kill all 40 Hinox, 40 Talus and 4 Molduga)
    - All horse bridles and saddles
    - Hestu's Gift (given after retrieving all 900 Koroks and fully expanding your inventory)
    - Confidential Envelope (received after completing your Compendium)
    • All Permanent Weapons
    - Master Sword
    • All Permanent Fully Upgraded Armor
    - Champion's Tunic ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Helm ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Armor ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Greaves ☆☆☆☆
    - Cap of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Tunic of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Trousers of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Thunder Helm

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah that speedrun is in the any% no amiibo category. The crazy shit they've found to break that game blows my mind. For the past few months people have been running and routing the shield-bounce trick in, but I had no idea there was clipping of that sort to get through walls and into shrines and such.

For comparison, the world record is as such in each category (all of these are no-amiibo):
    - All Dungeons (the Divine Beasts): 1h 56m 11s
    - All Main Quests: 2h 51m 49s
    - All Shrines: 8h 30m 49s
    - 100%: 25h 24m 57s (second place is 33h 40m 07s)

For the 100% run the rules are very not-what-I-was-expecting. They want all DLC uninstalled for it, and runners are allowed two breaks during it (neither break can be more than 9 hours long; this allows for sleep, going to work, etc). As for the list of goals in the game,
    100% Definition:
    • All container upgrades
    - All 120 Spirit Orbs from Shrines
    • Complete all Quests
    - 15 Main Quests
    - 42 Shrine quests
    - 76 Side Quests
    - Obtain all 18 memories
    - All 900 Koroks
    - All Locations
    - All Shrines
    - All Towers
    • All Key Items
    - Paraglider
    - All Champion abilities
    - Hestu's Gift (given after retrieving all 900 Koroks and fully expanding your inventory)
    • All Permanent Weapons
    - Master Sword
    - Champion's Tunic ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Helm ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Armor ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Greaves ☆☆☆☆
    - Cap of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Tunic of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Thunder Helm

Jesus Christ.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I guess his run is awaiting verification, but the current WR holder for 100% has a 23:29:12 time in that category as of the 10th.

The "Extended" category for 100% is 100%+DLC:
    100% Extended Definition:
    • All container upgrades
    - All 124 Spirit Orbs from Shrines
    • Complete all Quests
    - 15 Main Quests
    - 20 EX Main Quests
    - 42 Shrine quests
    - 76 Side Quests
    - 90 EX Side Quests
    - Obtain all 23 memories
    - All 900 Koroks
    - All Locations
    - All Shrines
    - All Towers
    • All Key Items
    - Paraglider
    - All Champion abilities
    • All Permanent Weapons
    - Fully Upgraded Master Sword (must complete Trial of the Sword)
    - Champion's Tunic ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Helm ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Armor ☆☆☆☆
    - Zora Greaves ☆☆☆☆
    - Cap of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Tunic of the Wild ☆☆☆☆
    - Thunder Helm
    • Complete the Divine Trial and get the Master Cycle Zero

Current record is 29:07:01, though I know it has been getting rerouted lately.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    I gotta be honest, that's an utterly insane category.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Let's take a quick commercial break from Cadence because someone beat BOTW in 28 minutes and 59 seconds as seen here:
    I mean the video is 32 minutes long but damn this guy did some serious sequence breaking ... that was impressive.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled talk about Cadence of Hyrule ... I have been hearing a lot of positive impressions about this game. Hopefully, I can get a job soon so that I can also break my wallet in the upcoming months ... you know either that or food. Hunger is overrated and buy ALL the games LOL.

volume warning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

broken image link
    Cutting down HOURS from the 100% run WITH the DLC included is fucking insanity.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cutting down HOURS from the 100% run WITH the DLC included is fucking insanity.

I would imagine its because you can beat the beasts and Ganon fairly quick then get the cycle asap

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »

Haha, watching that video i realized that I STILL have not seen all content of Zelda. Never saw the first forms of Gannon before.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They only appear if you haven’t defeated the relevant divine beast; each one defeated suppresses one of the forms.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Of course, they're also the bosses in each of the Divine Beasts so you really just have to beat them either way.

This discussion has been closed.