As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    *sigh* I already missed the Collector's Edition going up at Best Buy :(

“Warlock82, I'm not a standard game developer. Do you seriously think I'd release a Collector's Edition Zelda if there remained the slightest chance of you purchasing it? It sold out thirty-five minutes before going live.”

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

“Warlock82, I'm not a standard game developer. Do you seriously think I'd release a Collector's Edition Zelda if there remained the slightest chance of you purchasing it? It sold out thirty-five minutes before going live.”

Nevermind, it literally just went up at Gamestop :3
    https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom---nintendo-switch/351955.html

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom---nintendo-switch/351955.html

Holy cow, sold out before I could check out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Betsuni wrote: »

Awwww. You may want to keep refreshing just in case, their site is getting hammered now. I can't even see my order history at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind, twitter is super bummed it's sold out so seems like it actually is :(

FWIW I still can't see it in my order history, but I did get an email so I think I'm fine (sounds like this is happening to everyone). Glad I was monitoring twitter because I had no idea it'd just share the page with the standard edition. I was refreshing the search expecting its own listing.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Awwww. You may want to keep refreshing just in case, their site is getting hammered now. I can't even see my order history at the moment.

I know I shouldn't worry about missing out, but was trying to get one for my wife as a surprise present.

Edit: At least I have one regular copy pre-ordered.

Edit 2: Almost got one when it popped up for ordering. Missed it by seconds since it is still in my cart.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I know I shouldn't worry about missing out, but was trying to get one for my wife as a surprise present.

Edit 2: Almost got one when it popped up for ordering. Missed it by seconds since it is still in my cart.

That sucks :( Target and Walmart still haven't gone up so you might still be able to get one there (I have zero faith in Amazon even getting them). If you wanna obsessively monitor twitter, this guy is usually really fast about posting stuff:
    https://twitter.com/Wario64

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wtf the pre-order is already down on amazon?? For the regular edition?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

They took it down the other day, probably something to do with the price change.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Maybe keep an eye on Amazon then. Gamestop's regular edition went out of stock RIGHT before the CE popped up and then went back in stock. Maybe something similar happening here? (I still doubt Amazon gets the CE, they tend to suck at video games)

Edit:
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    They took it down the other day, probably something to do with the price change.

Oh, or not.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

I also missed it by seconds. I'm too old for this shit.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited February 2023

That sucks :( Target and Walmart still haven't gone up so you might still be able to get one there (I have zero faith in Amazon even getting them). If you wanna obsessively monitor twitter, this guy is usually really fast about posting stuff:
      https://twitter.com/Wario64

Going to guess that GS is finally sold out (oversold) since I don't see the "buy" button flash as much when I refresh my cart. Best Buy must have had one in stock somehow since I managed to get it into my cart before it sold out. Will check WM and Target, but not holding my breath getting one from them. At least I have a pre-order with Amazon for the regular game, albeit the $59.99 guess that they originally had.

Edit:
      TimFiji wrote: »

I also missed it by seconds. I'm too old for this shit.

I hear ya, sadly corporations don't care and love watching us scramble like frenzied animals.

Edit #2: As I scramble hitting refresh. Hahahaha.

Betsuni on
      oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      ViskodViskod Registered User regular
      Hopefully there's an actual reason to explore this time beyond just for the sake of it.

It'd be nice if I could uncover some kind of new ability, spell, or upgrade to my arsenal through exploration instead of the reward always being another fucking orb, or sometimes some clothes.

• Options
      el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

Huh. How much did it go up for? There's no listing on the official Nintendo store yet, even

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
      el_vicio wrote: »

Huh. How much did it go up for? There's no listing on the official Nintendo store yet, even

$129.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-collectors-deluxe-edition-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6535550.p?skuId=6535550

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
      The CE doesn't come with the soundtrack? Hardly feels like a CE for me.

Steam: kaylesolo1
      3DS: 1521-4165-5907
      PS3: KayleSolo
      Live: Kayle Solo
      WiiU: KayleSolo
    • Options
      jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
      I hope you can still use the Wolf Link amiibo to spawn a partner.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    • Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      Does anyone know what the ICONART trademark used in the description for the CE's steel print is? All I'm getting from Google is an art gallery in Lviv, Ukraine which, while cool, is probably not it. Doesn't seem like their bag really.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
      Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    • Options
      PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
      best buy says "coming soon" on the pre-order page so maybe a chance to still get it.

• Options
      Pailryder wrote: »
      best buy says "coming soon" on the pre-order page so maybe a chance to still get it.

Gonna hold out on hope that Nintendo will deliver more than the pre-orders to the stores. Apparently Target went up and was sold out in seconds (of course it did, they always sell out in seconds for anything in demand). No link for Walmart yet.

Here's the Target link for others to wishlist.

https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-collector-39-s-edition-nintendo-switch/-/A-88554017

oosik_betsuni.png
    • Options
      RehabRehab Registered User regular
      NNID: Rehab0
    • Options
      Well Walmart just went and gone in seconds it seems

• Options
        cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        In retrospect I have no goddamn clue how I managed to get the special edition for Breath of the Wild.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      • Options
        edited February 2023
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Well Walmart just went and gone in seconds it seems

Do you have a link to it? Will add it to my wishlist to watch.

If it is like other Walmart stuff, someone might have sniffed out the link before most people saw it. I know I've bought some Walmart exclusive toys without images that way before.

Edit: Found it and sharing for others. The link no longer works (of course Walmart).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Collector-s-Edition-Nintendo-Switch/2239038677

Betsuni on
        oosik_betsuni.png
      • Options
        Sorry! I just saw the reply.

• Options
          edited February 2023
          TARGET HAS IT link coming

and gone. Man this is tough. I remember getting the first one much more easily.

TimFiji on
          • Options
            DirtyDirty Registered User regular
            I'm glad this particular edition isn't calling to me, as it sounds ridiculous to get ahold of. I'll stick with my standard edition pre-order.

• Options
            jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
            The sad part is 95% of these are going straight to ebay

• Options
            DirtyDirty Registered User regular
            scalpers: "bUt I pRoViDe a sErViCe!'

• Options
            RehabRehab Registered User regular
            Unless you are after a physical copy I doubt there is going to be a better way to buy for some time than the eShop vouchers.

NNID: Rehab0
          • Options
            UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
            Yeah I’m seriously considering an online order even if I much prefer a physical copy. This is one game I want to be in the mix of instead of my usual way of playing games years after general interest has waned

• Options
            KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
            Funny is I am considering subbing to NSO for the vouchers just to get a discount on Pikmin and Tears.

• Options
            Walmart has it for 99 cents cheaper. Yesterday it showed that 1000+ people have purchased it since the day before. Now down to 500+ since yesterday. I am finding this so awesome how many have been sold.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Collector-s-Edition-Nintendo-Switch/2239038677

oosik_betsuni.png
          • Options
            DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
            Walmart has it for 99 cents cheaper. Yesterday it showed that 1000+ people have purchased it since the day before. Now down to 500+ since yesterday. I am finding this so awesome how many have been sold.

Uh-oh...
            This page could not be found.
            I guess this is one of those things where I either pay scalper prices or don't get it at all, 'cause I'm certainly not gonna sit and refresh around the clock.

• Options
            Yea it's annoying I need to spam refresh in order to have any hope. My only hope is Amazon.

• Options
              edited February 2023
              Delduwath wrote: »

Uh-oh...
              This page could not be found.
              I guess this is one of those things where I either pay scalper prices or don't get it at all, 'cause I'm certainly not gonna sit and refresh around the clock.

Weird, they moved the link. Got this one in my search history on their site.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Nintendo-Switch/1796766606

Gamestop: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom---nintendo-switch/351955.html
              Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6464080.p?skuId=6464080
              Target: https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-nintendo-switch/-/A-88492050#lnk=sametab

Edit: I got ya fam. Surfing for links is my thing for stupid pre-orders thanks to hunting for store exclusives and having to fight off scalpers.

Betsuni on
              oosik_betsuni.png
            • Options
              MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
              Nintendo sends CE games to retailers.
              Retailers put them up for presell.
              Bots buy 90%+ of the stock.
              Nintendo/Retailers don't care because they got paid.
              Fans enraged.
              Nothing changes.

The only way I can see this chain being partial broken is for Nintendo to:

- create a presell option on their own site that is only open 3-4 months prior to launch
              - lasts for a short period of time (say 4 weeks)
              - requires a 100%, non-refundable payment

This would lock you in for a copy of whatever CE game you're wanting. The early presell allows Nintendo to have enough to to print the extra copies being requested and discourages bots/resellers by requiring a 100% non-refundable payment.

Of course, the biggest problem with this is their relationship issues with retailers becomes damaged. But maybe they wouldn't give a shit as long as they still got their CE copies. I remember a big pull on the CE in the past was getting people into the store to upsell them on other shit (memory cards, strategy guides, etc), but those we're in the non-internet presell days.

Honestly though, if Nintendo did create a system like the one above, would you use it? You're gambling on the game being good, although I suppose you could sell it on eBay if you didn't like it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
              Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
              Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
              Steam ID
              Twitch Page
            • Options
              DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
              I wonder if the Nintendo World Store will have any Collector's Editions, and how difficult they'd be to get. I do live in NYC, so in theory I could go (although it's a bit of a trip).

• Options
              NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
              YouTuber named Arlo called this Zelda: Nuts and Bolts and that got a guffaw out of me.

I am HYPED for this game. Bokoblins mining! That has to be Big G’s voice, right? What are those weird flying monsters? A bomb launching tool, finally! That was twili language at the end, right? Is the thing in that mural from a the first trailer a twili?

• Options
              ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
              Nintendo sends CE games to retailers.
              Retailers put them up for presell.
              Bots buy 90%+ of the stock.
              Nintendo/Retailers don't care because they got paid.
              Fans enraged.
              Nothing changes.

The only way I can see this chain being partial broken is for Nintendo to:

- create a presell option on their own site that is only open 3-4 months prior to launch
              - lasts for a short period of time (say 4 weeks)
              - requires a 100%, non-refundable payment

This would lock you in for a copy of whatever CE game you're wanting. The early presell allows Nintendo to have enough to to print the extra copies being requested and discourages bots/resellers by requiring a 100% non-refundable payment.

Of course, the biggest problem with this is their relationship issues with retailers becomes damaged. But maybe they wouldn't give a shit as long as they still got their CE copies. I remember a big pull on the CE in the past was getting people into the store to upsell them on other shit (memory cards, strategy guides, etc), but those we're in the non-internet presell days.

Honestly though, if Nintendo did create a system like the one above, would you use it? You're gambling on the game being good, although I suppose you could sell it on eBay if you didn't like it.

This is exactly what Nintendo did with Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It was still a pain in the ass, but I did manage to get one. They shipped the game on time (ish, it still arrived a couple days late), and the CE stuff came a couple months later.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
            • Options
              StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
              cloudeagle wrote: »
              This really looks like Nintendo took the foundation of BotW and went absolutely ham with ideas.

I mean, Eiji Aonuma has straight-up said the genesis for this game is that they had too many ideas left over from developing BotW the first time.

And then instead of just shoving them all in and calling it a day, they spent six years developing lord knows what.

This game is going to be nuts.

and bolts

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
              camo_sig2.png
            This discussion has been closed.