As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My #1 ask for BotW 2 is being able to pick up loot while riding on a horse. I never rode my horse because I'm always wanting to pick up the loot on the ground.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I was surprised there was no grip elixir but it makes sense since it would break zoras domain.

They easily could have gated a slip prevention armor or potion behind completion of the Zora Divine Beast.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I was surprised there was no grip elixir but it makes sense since it would break zoras domain.

They easily could have gated a slip prevention armor or potion behind completion of the Zora Divine Beast.

Or added it as a special set effect to the climbing gear “armour” you can find.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    You can climb in the rain, you have to climb until you're just about to slip and then jump upwards. You still slip after a jump, but you still gain progress.

Exactly what I did. On my second play through, I put everything into stamina.

All those people creating flying machines?

Well I climbed THAT wall, in the rain!

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Speaking of stamina. I remember the first time I bought the Akkala Buns and got the bonus stamina wheel. Thought it was something that always happened till my wife told me it was random.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I kept expecting to find rain climbing gear but alas. It's so obvious too. The real kicker is if you time your jumps right you can climb in the rain but it's a pain in the ass.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Oh wow, they could have added rain climbing ability to the Zora armor. You climb at slightly slower than normal speed so it doesn't negate climbing gear, and the game keeps it Zora's domain wall.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I mean zoras isn’t the only permanent rain area , the jungle to the south east was also always raining and always thundering . I would always forget to bring non metal weapons.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I know on my replay I hit the Bird People town first, because the power you get from that Beast is the most useful one by far and gets rid of 99% of my rain climbing tribulations.

Probably ought to do a fresh replay of BotW, actually, considering how soon the sequel is to coming out.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I couldn't imagine playing BOTW right now with TOTK around the corner. I'd be afraid of burning myself out on Zelda.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine playing BOTW right now with TOTK around the corner. I'd be afraid of burning myself out on Zelda.

Doing it now. Not going to happen. :)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I had a great time replaying recently but quit about halfway through to make absolutely sure I'll be fresh.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I've got way too much of a backlog to even think about replaying anything at the moment. My wife had just started a replay on her new Switch before realising how to download her old save - much easier to run around taming horses with more stamina though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I got goosebumps again when I pulled out the Master Sword. God this series is the fuckin best.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The art book has pictures of
    Dungeon keys

Which has me so very excited for the Zelda experience right now.

• Options
    Holy shit you guys. It's amazing how easy the Yiga clan part is when you understand that stealth armor and bananas go a long way.

• Options
    I can't tell you how many times I had to restart that portion on my first playthrough.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I can't tell you how many times I had to restart that portion on my first playthrough.

Now reload it and try killing all the Yiga with an Electric blade, electric chuchu jelly, and bananas glitch trap.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    https://youtu.be/PGfuPgTAfm4

So somehow I totally missed this questline when I played but wtf treehouse? But then this game has some weird translation errors in places too (which the video mentions - spoilers for the ending BTW).

I dunno if it's a case of this game having SO MUCH dialog that the localizers were rushed and/or overworked (and really most of the localization is really good) but I'm honestly shocked this was *added in* by the localization team...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Were they only looking at text and not the models or something? That's wild.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    What's the TLDW for that vid?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Now reload it and try killing all the Yiga with an Electric blade, electric chuchu jelly, and bananas glitch trap.

Woah really? That's awesome lol

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    @Betsuni What's the bananas glitch trap?

Also the best way to deal with the Yiga is coming back in with a Lynel multishot bow, and explosive arrows.

PURE DEVASTATION

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Here is one video I found. I'm not sure if it is the one that my wife found to learn how to do it.

https://youtu.be/ygmtscsLJcs

Edit: I'll be honest with you, I never tried it, but watched my wife do it a few times since she's the BotW Master in our house. It is freaking hilarious when you can pull it off.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Link helps an adult hook up with a child.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

This is extremely likely. If you assume the characters involved are adults, the whole thing makes sense. That's probably what happened.

The fact that the video is 20 minutes long and doesn't even entertain that possibility, all while doing bits like, "webster's dictionary defines translation as..." to pad out the runtime tells me all I need to know. Clickbaity garbage.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Dirty wrote: »

Link helps an adult hook up with a child.

This and also in the original Japanese it's not portrayed as a romantic relationship, just a friendship. So that stuff was all added by NoA localizers oddly enough.
    Renzo wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

This is extremely likely. If you assume the characters involved are adults, the whole thing makes sense. That's probably what happened.

The fact that the video is 20 minutes long and doesn't even entertain that possibility, all while doing bits like, "webster's dictionary defines translation as..." to pad out the runtime tells me all I need to know. Clickbaity garbage.

I don't think that's the case. Or at least, they were definitely aware it was a child. They *added* dialog to explain that Zora children are still older than Hylians. The character's mother also has dialog about her and this questline so they know she has a mother. They were definitely aware it was a child and were trying to technicality their way out of the inappropriateness. Which they wouldn't have had to do if they didn't add it in to begin with.... It's so weird - this is the kind of situation where I'd expect things to be reversed and NoA would turn a romantic relationship into a friendship to avoid it being gross.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume the guy who localized that quest knows the age of consent laws in all 50 states.

• Options
    Is that the Zora love letter quest?

• Options

Yes

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yes

Yeah I saw the guy as someone who was younger and not a full on adult. Or maybe that's how I read it so it wasn't so creepy lol

e: There's a kid who lives next door to me who is in middle school and he's taller and bigger than I am lol

urahonky on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Meanwhile people will willingly decide to ship Link and Sidon, despite the fact that Link literally knew Sidon when he was a toddler.

I just take a huge grain of salt when you start dealing with races where their life expectancies can differ by centuries. It's such a fictional impossibility I don't see a reason to give myself an ulcer over it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Meanwhile people will willingly decide to ship Link and Sidon, despite the fact that Link literally knew Sidon when he was a toddler.

People ship all kinds of disgusting pedo shit, so it doesn't surprise me.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m glad I don’t remember that quest, but in fairness I only really remember hunting for the giant fossils and building Tarrey because I was too busy ragdolling off cliffs after setting the world ablaze.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2023

Eh. Sure he knew him for a bit when he was a toddler, but then Link spent a bunch of time in stasis while Sidon grew up into an adult before they ever met again. It feels like at that point you've pretty much equalized things enough that they're just two dudes on a roughly similar standing. I ain't gonna bellyache about people shipping that if they want to.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I’m glad I don’t remember that quest, but in fairness I only really remember hunting for the giant fossils and building Tarrey because I was too busy ragdolling off cliffs after setting the world ablaze.

Now did you combine the two? Setting yourself on fire while rag dolling down? My finest moment was the one tower where you can burn off the thorny vines. Took the updraft from the fires and hit a vine on fire, then fell down and rag dolled down the base of it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Now did you combine the two? Setting yourself on fire while rag dolling down? My finest moment was the one tower where you can burn off the thorny vines. Took the updraft from the fires and hit a vine on fire, then fell down and rag dolled down the base of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Pq-zh7L8o

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    RE climbing in rain:

I agree there should be something that let's you climb normally in the rain. If it breaks the Zora realm quest line, so what. Let the player break it. Put in a line for Sidon like "You climbed here in the rain? You're so awesome!".

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Nobeard wrote: »
    RE climbing in rain:

I agree there should be something that let's you climb normally in the rain. If it breaks the Zora realm quest line, so what. Let the player break it. Put in a line for Sidon like "You climbed here in the rain? You're so awesome!".

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't clothing that did this (or at least lessened the amount of slipping). At the very least, would have been a prime candidate for one of the million extra clothing items from past Zeldas that they added as DLC.

Actually a bit curious how Tears of the Kingdom is going to handle this.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular

I just take a huge grain of salt when you start dealing with races where their life expectancies can differ by centuries. It's such a fictional impossibility I don't see a reason to give myself an ulcer over it.

And then there's Mipha crushing so hard on Link that she made him the Zora equivalent of a wedding ring, even though he would have died of old age while she was still in her prime if everything had gone according to plan. (There's a line from Mipha in one of the flashbacks about how Link "looked grown-up so much faster than [she] did," even though they're roughly the same chronological age; Zora just age a lot more slowly.)

This discussion has been closed.