As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tag Team - [Podcast] Power In The House

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Del Toro made a movie about a lady what fucks a fish and he won multiple Oscars including Best Picture

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Del Toro also has a lot more movies I've actually seen, which is always a plus for a Blank Check series

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I've definitely found that how much I enjoy blank check is WAY more dependant on the subject than I would have expected

I couldn't make it through the Nancy Myers miniseries and I don't think I'd be able to with a Miller one either

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    So, I have an 11 hour drive (and return) coming up in two weeks to pick up my future dog. My father is making the trek with me, and I need some podcast recommendations because I feel like my usual rotation of video game news, cynical histories of ancient dictators, and Canadian politics/global event shows won't appeal to him

My Dad likes dogs, learning stuff, bad sci-fi, and falling asleep to WWII documentaries like any other white baby boomer man

Does anyone have some podcasts they'd recommend, or conversely, any podcasts I should force my father to endure while he can't figure out how my media console works, and see how long it takes for him to threaten to turn my car around?

Can I Pet Your Dog is pretty fun

I bet he'd dig 99% invisible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The unplugged version of Take On Me that they're talking about on PutJ today is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKM3mGt2pE

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The unplugged version of Take On Me that they're talking about on PutJ today is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKM3mGt2pE

God damn, they weren't kidding about Morten aging well

• Options
    he looks like The Hottest Dad

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah he reminds me of a dad from Teen Wolf or a CW show

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I've definitely found that how much I enjoy blank check is WAY more dependant on the subject than I would have expected

I couldn't make it through the Nancy Myers miniseries and I don't think I'd be able to with a Miller one either

in theory i really appreciate that they did nancy myers because it's a good thing to branch out and cover lots of different types of directors

in practice i was very bored with that series by about the halfway point

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

in theory i really appreciate that they did nancy myers because it's a good thing to branch out and cover lots of different types of directors

I seems like Nancy Myers is a good subject to talk about as a successful female director, but very few of her movies feel like blank checks? Am I missing something?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I seems like Nancy Myers is a good subject to talk about as a successful female director, but very few of her movies feel like blank checks? Am I missing something?

oh no

Her movies are INSANELY expensive

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Doodmann wrote: »

oh no

Her movies are INSANELY expensive

It’s Complicated, a screwball comedy about a love triangle between Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin cost the same amount as Fast & Furious 1 & 3, Ocean’s 11, and Shazam

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I have in the past struggled to keep momentum on Counter/Weight for one reason or another, but I listened to several in a row on a road trip this weekend and am now through episode 25 and I think I'm totally on the hook now
    What up Larry

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have in the past struggled to keep momentum on Counter/Weight for one reason or another, but I listened to several in a row on a road trip this weekend and am now through episode 25 and I think I'm totally on the hook now
    What up Larry

yeah, that character is a big turning point in the series imo

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

am I broken inside if I was expecting megalovania?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I was absolutely expecting it to swerve into some sort of joke at the end. And I wouldn't say you're broken, rickrolling has been a constant of the internet ever since internet video became a thing anyone could easily do

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    So, I have an 11 hour drive (and return) coming up in two weeks to pick up my future dog. My father is making the trek with me, and I need some podcast recommendations because I feel like my usual rotation of video game news, cynical histories of ancient dictators, and Canadian politics/global event shows won't appeal to him

My Dad likes dogs, learning stuff, bad sci-fi, and falling asleep to WWII documentaries like any other white baby boomer man

Does anyone have some podcasts they'd recommend, or conversely, any podcasts I should force my father to endure while he can't figure out how my media console works, and see how long it takes for him to threaten to turn my car around?

Get your Dad's reactions to Lore Reasons

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Rorie is here to fuck this Sekiro stream up.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    @Cello Ologies seems like a solid bet

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Robert Evans, a former cracked editor and the man behind behind the bastards, has released the first episode of his new podcast it could happen here. It looks at the very real possibility of a second American Civil War in the next couple years. It’s a scary topic but I think it’s worth having a look. If you think the idea might be impossible I’d like to point out that in 2016 when he was still writing for cracked he reached out to A number of Civil War historians and current military and sociological experts about the idea. He expected not to get a response from any of them but he got a response from all of them because each one believed in the possibility that in the coming yearsit could happen. This is a topic that serious people in positions of power are taking very seriously.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Robert Evans, a former cracked editor and the man behind behind the bastards, has released the first episode of his new podcast it could happen here. It looks at the very real possibility of a second American Civil War in the next couple years. It’s a scary topic but I think it’s worth having a look. If you think the idea might be impossible I’d like to point out that in 2016 when he was still writing for cracked he reached out to A number of Civil War historians and current military and sociological experts about the idea. He expected not to get a response from any of them but he got a response from all of them because each one believed in the possibility that in the coming yearsit could happen. This is a topic that serious people in positions of power are taking very seriously.

Ooooh, I'll listen to this.

It's called "It Could Happen Here"?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yes

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I think I'm at a point where the idea of there NOT being a citizen uprising is scarier than the idea there would be one

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    we never really got over the last recession yet are getting due for another one

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

I'll save this for hour 6 when it's too late to turn back

I'll also add Can I Pet Your Dog, 99% Invisible and Ologies to PocketCasts!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Perhaps Thrilling Adventure Hour for some comedic radio plays to fill time?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Steam
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I only know the names from hearing them here, but there's a few episodes of Behind the Bastards and Hardcore History about Nazis, I think. And the Dollop, after doing a search.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

I only know the names from hearing them here, but there's a few episodes of Behind the Bastards and Hardcore History about Nazis, I think. And the Dollop, after doing a search.

I like Behind the Bastards!

I do not want to sit in a car for an hour informing my dad about Hitler's sex life

(I'm not a big Dollop fan but I think my dad used to listen to Hardcore History, I'll have to check)

Steam
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Dan Carlin puts me to sleep these days. Also the dude loves battles and tactics too much for my taste.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I just finished listening to Teenagers With Attitude episode 174, cause FUCK sleeping!
    "Hey, and welcome to Podcast! I'm Host" all true
    "Okay, so we're gonna do Alien Rangers again"
    "So, I just got back from a trip to Vancouver, so I'd like to announce my new position on this podcast as Chief Canada Expert." "What the fuck, I'm Canadian! Fuck you!"
    "Well I mean, Fletcher is no longer with us." "Oh no!" "Well yeah, he's not here this week, he'll be fine though."
    "If France and Britain did a fusion dance, you'd get Canada."
    "Morphactnewzeo" HELL YEAH
    "We're supposed to say jokes here? Fuck!"
    "The camera is directly in front of his junk." that Mazinger camera angle
    "These are government zords."
    "Billy fucking runs this town and don't you forget it."
    "It's a second-rate Peter Lorre impression, like it's no Digitamamon."
    "Okay, can I talk about the tragic thing now?" "Nah."
    "I mean, let Frankie have her theory, but also, it's wrong."
    I did actually watch The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad recently.
    "Followers of the deep Lexi lore know that I had a brief foray into crime" I will never forget
    "Oh no, it's only an hour and a half long!"
    oh the one where the putties pretend to be the rangers in the school is one of the best episodes still
    okay so this one just kind of stops

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh fuck Counterweight 26
    "Well, I guess someone built you. We're not quite sure yet how Divines are built."

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yes

Hey I listened to the first episode of this last night!

It was good and incredibly grim!

Also, Robert Evans kind of sounds like Marc Evan Jackson.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck Counterweight 26
    "Well, I guess someone built you. We're not quite sure yet how Divines are built."

oh buddy

oh dude

I am honestly kind of jealous that you're getting to experience the next bunch of episodes for the first time

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Oh fuck Counterweight 26

oh buddy

oh dude

I am honestly kind of jealous that you're getting to experience the next bunch of episodes for the first time

also if I'm remembering correctly you are 5 episodes away from the best/worst character in C/W

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Oh fuck Counterweight 26

yelped when i heard this

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'm hoping Demme makes it to the finals

This discussion has been closed.