As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Turn on, tune in, drop out [tv]

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite traditions in college was 24 hour theatre, in which we would have a team of writers start working on a one act play at 8 PM on a Friday, a director would come in at 6 or 7 in the morning, actors around 9, and the show would open at 8 PM Sunday.

If you were only doing one role, you had ample time to nap, but it was pretty common to both write and act, which would mean you're likely awake the full 24. Plus we'd have a cast part immediately afterwards and such, and if you had Friday classes you might not be sleeping immediately beforehand either.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    That sounds kind of fun do the researchers hand out hallucinogens around hour 36 thats how they did it here

you don't need hallucinogens because after around 48-72 of sleep deprivation you will start to hallucinate anyway

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Our school just did the normal thing of having us tear out the heart of a lamb and eat it whole while being whipped by the children of moloch.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I started hallucinating and falling asleep on my feet the day after battle stations, which is the big thing in boot camp your unit has to do in order to graduate

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    My school put small women (and occasionally very small men) in enclosed tubes and pushed them up and down hills.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    My school put small women (and occasionally very small men) in enclosed tubes and pushed them up and down hills.

for

for a reason?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »

for

for a reason?

It's a race!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Listen I was a very small man once and I think that sounds like a blast so I'm on board

• Options
    oh man, my school's tradition was about as boring as possible

once a year they'd go on a walk through town

that's it

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Listen I was a very small man once and I think that sounds like a blast so I'm on board

I was not small enough to fit in the buggy but I did some of the pushing and it was a very good time.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

for

for a reason?

Mr.Dwyiner the science teacher filled out a form wrong and the test tubes he ordered were far to large

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My biggest Sleep Deprivation story is kind of boring but I beat the game Vampire The Masquerade Redemption while unconscious. I have no memory at all of completing it and only woke up when I head-desked during the credits

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh man, my school's tradition was about as boring as possible

once a year they'd go on a walk through town

that's it

Sick fucks

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That sounds kind of fun do the researchers hand out hallucinogens around hour 36 thats how they did it here

you don't need hallucinogens because after around 48-72 of sleep deprivation you will start to hallucinate anyway

People say this but I aint ever seen shit except for all the shit because sleep deprivation gives me watery bowels

• Options
    I had undiagnosed sleep apnea for a long time

Once I fell asleep at a stop sign and almost hit a guard rail across the intersection I had stopped at.

It was 5 am so nobody was there thankfully and the movement woke me up in time to stop

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My biggest Sleep Deprivation story is kind of boring but I beat the game Vampire The Masquerade Redemption while unconscious. I have no memory at all of completing it and only woke up when I head-desked during the credits

I'm bad for playing well past the point of should have gone to bed, and pass out gaming a lot. I have noticed that most of the time not only did unconscious me continue playing, but usually much better than awake me plays

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

People say this but I aint ever seen shit except for all the shit because sleep deprivation gives me watery bowels

the good news is if you stay awake for about a week you'll just die, so something to look forward to if you get the shits

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Am I correct in my memory that we don't really understand why we need sleep, and especially not why not sleeping would do something like kill you

or have we sussed that one out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Am I correct in my memory that we don't really understand why we need sleep, and especially not why not sleeping would do something like kill you

yeah no we still have really no idea why seemingly everything with a complex enough brain needs to spend some time sleeping every day and gets suuuuuuper fucked up if it skips that.

• Options

the good news is if you stay awake for about a week you'll just die, so something to look forward to if you get the shits

Though you will probably shit one last time after and it is a doozy

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

yeah no we still have really no idea why seemingly everything with a complex enough brain needs to spend some time sleeping every day and gets suuuuuuper fucked up if it skips that.

it's the only thing keeping the creatures from the beyond in check

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    According to Doctor Who it’s to prevent our eye boogers from amassing and becoming large sentient eye booger monsters

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    That seems like a phenomena the existence of which would be very easy to determine

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Sounds about right for a vampire game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    According to Doctor Who it’s to prevent our eye boogers from amassing and becoming large sentient eye booger monsters

Man that was a bad episode

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    As a non whovian

My favorite aspect of dr who fandom is how much the people who are seem to enjoy dumping on "the bad episode"

the most confusing aspect is it seems like I hear about those waaaay more than anything good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

I'm bad for playing well past the point of should have gone to bed, and pass out gaming a lot. I have noticed that most of the time not only did unconscious me continue playing, but usually much better than awake me plays

I was trying to stay awake to reset my body clock rather than just being that into the game, but it was when I hit the point of "no distraction will keep you up"

• Options
    As a non whovian

My favorite aspect of dr who fandom is how much the people who are seem to enjoy dumping on "the bad episode"

the most confusing aspect is it seems like I hear about those waaaay more than anything good

There are about four good episodes

• Options
    And everyone will cite a different four

• Options
    As a non whovian

Most people tend to remember the bad of something before the good. Or at the very least be way more vocal about the bad of something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    As a non whovian

Most people tend to remember the bad of something before the good. Or at the very least be way more vocal about the bad of something.

The bad is usually more interesting/there's usually more to talk about from it

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    As a non whovian

The bad is usually more interesting/there's usually more to talk about from it

Yeah I mean other than that how was the show Mrs Lincoln...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The worst episode of Doctor Who is actually the anti-abortion episode about the moon

• Options
    The worst episode of Doctor Who is actually the anti-abortion episode about the moon

It's so bad

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I want to hear more about this booger monster

It sounds like I've missed some wild shit

• Options

Don't you see your womb might be a space dragon!

Capaldi also got stuck with that weird anti mental health meds thing too.

• Options
    Id actually like to hear about the anti-choice moon monster

• Options
    Id actually like to hear about the anti-choice moon monster

It's bad. Its also on prime for free

• Options
    I've seen about a dozen episodes of doctor who and the only one I really liked was the one where they find both a horse and a time portal on a spaceship and Mickey says "what's a horse doing on a spaceship?"

then the doctor says "Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? have some perspective!"

oh also that time Mickey is a resistance guerilla

basically mickey is good, bin the rest of it

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mickey sucked

The only good dude (in the Doctor Who I watched) was Rory

This discussion has been closed.