As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [chat]s On The Block

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    the weird thing is that EA's first quarter should have been in decent shape with Apex

why not push Anthem another quarter after Apex took off

Bear in mind the earliest access to Anthem got to play it, like, a week after Apex released

Probably a bit too late to delay it at that point

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    the weird thing is that EA's first quarter should have been in decent shape with Apex

EA had no way of knowing apex would take off. And I dunno how sustained apex is. Like I thought it was a fortnite killer based on its astounding numbers on twitch, but now fortnite is back to being king and apex's twitch numbers are no where where it used to be. On top of that they got that boost by literally paying ninja 1 million dollars to play it and who knows how many other streamers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    TL DR wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Get wrecked chanoos

no see i posted it because it's already been posted like four other times this morning

I AM NOT OWNED! I AM NOT OWNED!

If anything we're all owned by Amazon

This feels like a "curse your inevitable betrayal" situation.

"You mean I can just buy everything from one place and I never have to leave my house? I'm in!"

"Wait what happened to everything else?"

Oh but Amazon's logo is a smile, they'd never destroy traditional commerce and usher in a monopolistic consumerism dystopia.
    hqdefault.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

At a certain point, with triple A titles (and most titles that aren't AAA even), all of your shipping/manufacturing dates are locked in. This is because triple A titles all have to set up distribution, marketing, and promotions within specific contracted windows. Breaking the contracts means losing a TON of money as well as opening yourself up to liability. All of this happens about a year in advance. If a game gets delayed, by some catastrophe or other circumstance, either the publisher is eating a HUGE cost for it or there's an out written in the various contracts (which is rare).

Smaller indie games don't have this problem, but they have different problems (namely, no resources for marketing their games other than word of mouth and often no way to mass-publish on physical media worldwide, which is less of an issue now than it was even two years ago).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hey people who work out

Am I just going to be sore all the time forever

Is that my life now

The first few times you work out, you will be sore for days. As you get a consistent schedule going, that time will drop. But the instant you skip a week+, you will be back to being sore for several days after your first day back.

What'd you lift?

I am really disappointed in the work gym being so full all the time but I have been doing 20/40 lb free weight exercises (shoulder presses, curls, tricep extensions, weighted squats, calf raises, etc) and some assisted chinups with a band

Also doing pushups but my chest is weak and my forearm issues are bad so no weight there yet

I need to figure out how to do back exercises without a bench using free weights. And proper form for dumbbell deadlifts

Look into doing seated (machine) or bent over rows (barbell) for back exercises.

Definitely be sure of your proper deadlift form as that can royally screw up your back if you do it wrong with too much weight. No love for barbell deadlifts?

I don't have a barbell and my issue is that I can't get into the work gym very often. Not at all, yet. So I'm trying to find exercises I can do at home with equipment I have or can easily get and fit in a small apartment.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    apex thought it could dethrone fortnite by being a good game but they forgot to include the ability to floss so

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Get wrecked chanoos

no see i posted it because it's already been posted like four other times this morning

I AM NOT OWNED! I AM NOT OWNED!

If anything we're all owned by Amazon

This feels like a "curse your inevitable betrayal" situation.

"You mean I can just buy everything from one place and I never have to leave my house? I'm in!"

"Wait what happened to everything else?"

Oh but Amazon's logo is a smile, they'd never destroy traditional commerce and usher in a monopolistic consumerism dystopia.
    hqdefault.jpg

72ial9ru3ww9.png

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Chanus I have never played a Total War game but have decided I want to, which one is best?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Actually, the article has a quotation on this:

"Publisher EA also wouldn’t let them delay the game any further than March 2019, the end of the company’s fiscal year. "

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hey people who work out

Am I just going to be sore all the time forever

Is that my life now

The first few times you work out, you will be sore for days. As you get a consistent schedule going, that time will drop. But the instant you skip a week+, you will be back to being sore for several days after your first day back.

What'd you lift?

I am really disappointed in the work gym being so full all the time but I have been doing 20/40 lb free weight exercises (shoulder presses, curls, tricep extensions, weighted squats, calf raises, etc) and some assisted chinups with a band

Also doing pushups but my chest is weak and my forearm issues are bad so no weight there yet

I need to figure out how to do back exercises without a bench using free weights. And proper form for dumbbell deadlifts

Look into doing seated (machine) or bent over rows (barbell) for back exercises.

Definitely be sure of your proper deadlift form as that can royally screw up your back if you do it wrong with too much weight. No love for barbell deadlifts?

I don't have a barbell and my issue is that I can't get into the work gym very often. Not at all, yet. So I'm trying to find exercises I can do at home with equipment I have or can easily get and fit in a small apartment.

chair dips are good for triceps, shoulders, upper back

you can kind of control the intensity by moving your feet in or out

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am tempted to get the free trial of CBS Access and watch some Twilight Zone.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    apex thought it could dethrone fortnite by being a good game but they forgot to include the ability to floss so

Ultimately it's still a BR for me. Like I enjoyed playing it for like five days, but then it was like "ok what else is there to do here?" Then again I don't get br love in general, I prefer some kind of carrot beyond more like almost getting hit by a stick.

I love metaphors.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Chanus I have never played a Total War game but have decided I want to, which one is best?

Warhammer Total War

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

this is a big question

Shogun 2 or Rome 2 might be the best of the modern style ones

I have a love for Empire but it's generally not as well liked but i think that's mostly because it was very different from what came before it and nerds are nerds

Medieval 2 is maybe the best of the classic titles, and even though it's ancient at this point, the style of game isn't really inhibited by the primitive graphics and UI design i don't think

original Medieval and Shogun are basically novelty plays at this point. original Rome is still decent but it's really primitive

everything after Rome 2 i think is kind of a lot of spinning wheels and not much is added other than slightly different settings

the warhammer ones are fun, and the first one is a really good entry. maybe my 3rd fave

napoleon is, well, we don't talk about it too much

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am tempted to get the free trial of CBS Access and watch some Twilight Zone.
    I sub for about a month every June because CBS also hosts the Tony Awards (and I want that sweet Broadway coverage). That's when I catch up on CBS All-Access shows, including Star Trek Discovery. And now Twilight Zone, I guess.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

Ultimately it's still a BR for me. Like I enjoyed playing it for like five days, but then it was like "ok what else is there to do here?" Then again I don't get br love in general, I prefer some kind of carrot beyond more like almost getting hit by a stick.

I love metaphors.

I mean, at least in the BR mode in Black Ops IIII, you can make little bars go up over time as you play.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    botp effort post i can't believe it

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Rome is the best Total War game because you get to shout TRIARII (tree are eee eye)

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Shogun or Rome is better?...

How can one even make that decision. Its both.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Page 99!

Show me your tits and I will give you beads leer menacingly.

Mim on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is very cute and good.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »
    Page 99!

birds.jpg

• Options
    Page 99!

63745741-480px.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai is probably my favorite but I am a sucker for that time period.

Warhammer Total War are great though and have so much polish and refinement its hard not to like them. And it's funny watching trolls pick up and smash people.

I also did play an unhealthy amount of Medieval 2, Rome 1, and Shogun 1. Rome 2 was good as well but I just couldn't get into it's fighting style.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Page 99!

63745741-480px.jpg

7syas6nbfxvm.jpeg

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Page 99!

63745741-480px.jpg

7syas6nbfxvm.jpeg

jsk9maag6tig.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Also I rebought Towerfall because it's amazing and Switch seems like the perfect place for it.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Medieval 2 is easily the best of the classic ones and has a mod (that I can't remember the name of) that adds in all the other extra factions from the expansions into the grand campaign. Also, Teutonic Knights.

• Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47770982

I can't decide if this is an April Fool's news story. @Arch Is this true?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Apparently I already own Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Total War: WARHAMMER so I guess I should play one of those HUH

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Guys I started taking Wellbutrin and I feel weird, this better not be how normies feel all the time

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Medieval 2 is easily the best of the classic ones and has a mod (that I can't remember the name of) that adds in all the other extra factions from the expansions into the grand campaign. Also, Teutonic Knights.

yeah medieval 2 was the last of the ones that's really easy to just go in and change ini files to unlock all the factions and change gameplay and stuff

also there's a pretty decent LOTR mod for it where you can play as hobbits so

• Options
    Apparently I already own Total War: SHOGUN 2 and Total War: WARHAMMER so I guess I should play one of those HUH

Start with one.... then the other.

• Options
    empire has a lot of mods available but they aren't as easy to just go in and do yourself

• Options
    and then shogun 2 forward is all steam mods and stuff

• Options
    I also played a little bit of WC2 this weekend. I forgot how loud that game yells at you.

• Options
    https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47770982

I can't decide if this is an April Fool's news story. Arch Is this true?

i think i actually read this before april 1 so it's totally true i'm sure

• Options
    if skrillex is how we finally eradicate malaria i'm all for it

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Guys I started taking Wellbutrin and I feel weird, this better not be how normies feel all the time

Weird how

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Page 99!

I guess I shouldn’t. Chat must go on yet another day without seeing me.

This discussion has been closed.