Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Board Games] Chipboard and joy

14344454749

Posts

  • FishmanFishman Long time gone, Constantinople Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    As a Hardcore Wargamer, I like to stay in touch with my roots. LA BATAILLE DE BAUTZEN from Marshal Enterprises just showed up yesterday: hxgxdbbjmm51.jpg

    I don't know what that game is, but I kinda want to dress up neat and take it out to a nice dinner and a show, maybe meet her parents.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    ArmorocNipswebguy20admanbTheColonelFairchild
  • ChaosHatChaosHat HelloooooooooRegistered User regular
    Yes, the base campaign is the appetizer that shows you something interesting could happen in the rest of the game.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Have you guys played Awkward Guests?
    Its essentially clue, but instead of who what where you need to know who what why. The who is still 6 people but the what is 20 possible weapons, and the why is one of three motives that needs to be supported by three pieces of evidence. Each weapon has two signs, for example the shovel shows bruises and traces of dirt, the Knife shows defensive wounds and heavy bleeding. On harder difficulties there can be an accomplice.

    Everyone draws six evidence cards, they will say things like which signs were not found, where the suspects were seen, which areas of the map people didn't pass through and such. On your turn you ask about two of rooms/suspects and people put down their cards face down with a strength value token on top. You can take anyone's cards by giving them an equal strength of your cards. If no one gives you cards you get to draw 3 from the deck so everyone has an incentive to trade to you. Then the next person asks. You can trade them the cards they just gave to you back if they ask about the same areas. Jerk Move! Fun though.

    Once everyone has asked, people can guess, but a wrong guess is elimination just like Clue.

    Then everyone discards down to 3 cards and draws 3 more. This is a good chance to bury evidence so no one else can see it.

    This played in about an hour and was really fun.

    Oh my, a murder has taken place at my dinner party. How most awkward.

    I would hope that if people murdered me at a dinner party I was hosting that they would feel awkward at the least.



    steam_sig.png
    ArmorocMagic Pink
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Have you guys played Awkward Guests?
    Its essentially clue, but instead of who what where you need to know who what why. The who is still 6 people but the what is 20 possible weapons, and the why is one of three motives that needs to be supported by three pieces of evidence. Each weapon has two signs, for example the shovel shows bruises and traces of dirt, the Knife shows defensive wounds and heavy bleeding. On harder difficulties there can be an accomplice.

    Everyone draws six evidence cards, they will say things like which signs were not found, where the suspects were seen, which areas of the map people didn't pass through and such. On your turn you ask about two of rooms/suspects and people put down their cards face down with a strength value token on top. You can take anyone's cards by giving them an equal strength of your cards. If no one gives you cards you get to draw 3 from the deck so everyone has an incentive to trade to you. Then the next person asks. You can trade them the cards they just gave to you back if they ask about the same areas. Jerk Move! Fun though.

    Once everyone has asked, people can guess, but a wrong guess is elimination just like Clue.

    Then everyone discards down to 3 cards and draws 3 more. This is a good chance to bury evidence so no one else can see it.

    This played in about an hour and was really fun.

    Oh my, a murder has taken place at my dinner party. How most awkward.

    I would hope that if people murdered me at a dinner party I was hosting that they would feel awkward at the least.
    Well, really, that just depends on whether or not we find out your socks didn't match. Or - God forbid - you spilled your wine as you fell to the ground lifeless. It's just good manners, Sir.

    ;P

  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Also we played Tramways last night.
    I don't have to most to say while typing on my phone, but that game is pretty sharp. It does have an exceptionally interesting auction mechanism that I would love to see in a game where I better enjoyed what you were bidding on (you bid on a combination of turn order and cards to add to your hand/deck, but like 30-40% of the cards are bad so you more often wind up bidding to not take a penalty which I don't think feels good even if it's not mechanically bad). Would play again, though have early suspicions that I'd generally enjoy playing The Great Zimbabwe or Food Chain Magnate more.

    Magic Pink
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Achievement Hunter today just played an early release of a game called "Wolves of Mercia."

    Anyone know anything about this or have any thoughts? I'm a sucker for hidden role games, and this one seems fairly crunchy in terms of moving parts -- IE it requires a moderator and there are a ton of victory conditions.

    Spoiler is for the video they posted, as I know AH isn't to everyone's tastes and like always they screw up rules.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Finally got [redacted] to the table last night. It has a lot of potential, but the two games we played were very short due to some very lucky card draws.
    First game, someone got the intel on their first draw, called the helicopter and left.
    Second game, both bombs were drawn in the first round and the american intel was drawn by the Russians. Russians called helicopter. American bombed helicopter, revealing their identity, other American stole bomb from Russian agent, then had the other agent call the second Russian helicopter which they bombed, ending the game.
    I'm wondering if there's just strategies we don't realize yet, or just had some crazy lucky draws.

    RkyXDNV.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    Elvenshae
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Have you guys played Awkward Guests?
    Its essentially clue, but instead of who what where you need to know who what why. The who is still 6 people but the what is 20 possible weapons, and the why is one of three motives that needs to be supported by three pieces of evidence. Each weapon has two signs, for example the shovel shows bruises and traces of dirt, the Knife shows defensive wounds and heavy bleeding. On harder difficulties there can be an accomplice.

    Everyone draws six evidence cards, they will say things like which signs were not found, where the suspects were seen, which areas of the map people didn't pass through and such. On your turn you ask about two of rooms/suspects and people put down their cards face down with a strength value token on top. You can take anyone's cards by giving them an equal strength of your cards. If no one gives you cards you get to draw 3 from the deck so everyone has an incentive to trade to you. Then the next person asks. You can trade them the cards they just gave to you back if they ask about the same areas. Jerk Move! Fun though.

    Once everyone has asked, people can guess, but a wrong guess is elimination just like Clue.

    Then everyone discards down to 3 cards and draws 3 more. This is a good chance to bury evidence so no one else can see it.

    This played in about an hour and was really fun.

    I got excited about this game after this post and a podcast, and then saw that it's a Kickstarter game that you just can't get. That's what I get for getting excited about a new game I guess.

    Anyway, I bought Cryptid instead because it's a cheap really fun looking competitive deduction game that I could actually buy a copy of.

    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
  • jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Achievement Hunter today just played an early release of a game called "Wolves of Mercia."

    Anyone know anything about this or have any thoughts? I'm a sucker for hidden role games, and this one seems fairly crunchy in terms of moving parts -- IE it requires a moderator and there are a ton of victory conditions.

    Spoiler is for the video they posted, as I know AH isn't to everyone's tastes and like always they screw up rules.

    It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that the game was NOT called "Wolves of 'Merica".

    Now I want that game.

    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
    ElvenshaeArcSynArcticLancerFryAthenorNipsArmorocInquisitor
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Also we played Tramways last night.
    I don't have to most to say while typing on my phone, but that game is pretty sharp. It does have an exceptionally interesting auction mechanism that I would love to see in a game where I better enjoyed what you were bidding on (you bid on a combination of turn order and cards to add to your hand/deck, but like 30-40% of the cards are bad so you more often wind up bidding to not take a penalty which I don't think feels good even if it's not mechanically bad). Would play again, though have early suspicions that I'd generally enjoy playing The Great Zimbabwe or Food Chain Magnate more.

    Alban Viard has, like, three free bjs coming from me, he's that good.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    Achievement Hunter today just played an early release of a game called "Wolves of Mercia."

    Anyone know anything about this or have any thoughts? I'm a sucker for hidden role games, and this one seems fairly crunchy in terms of moving parts -- IE it requires a moderator and there are a ton of victory conditions.

    Spoiler is for the video they posted, as I know AH isn't to everyone's tastes and like always they screw up rules.

    It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that the game was NOT called "Wolves of 'Merica".

    Now I want that game.

    Lit'rally how I read it at first glance

    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Just picked up Madness at Midnight when I noticed it was 90% off! $65 down to $6.50.

    Essentially reverse Arkham Horror. You each play a Lovecraft ancient one cult going around trying to end the world by summoning your god first. Instead of monsters, you have roaming investigators that will seal your gates if left alone too long. Losing conditions can be attracting too much attention for a federal raid, or too many gates being sealed. Art and production values are bare bones. Like, moreso than even 1987 first edition Arkham Horror.

    Will find out if it's any good or if that 90% sale was justified (I also saw Cursed Court for 75% off).

    Elvenshae
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Good god what did BGG do to their layout? For a second I thought malware had redirected me to a link farm.

  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    Eh it changed from 90s linkfarm to 2010s linkfarm that works on mobile

    initiatefailure on
    I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
    JonBobElvenshaeAuralynxFryArcticLancer
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Is having separate desktop and mobile versions not a thing anymore and I'm just an old man?

  • tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting a game and I think I have it narrowed down to either Sierra West or Paladins of the West Kingdom. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these that could help sway me one way or the other? The main reviews I watched were Zee on Sierra and Tom on Paladins. I kind of feel like Zee's general presentation kinda clouded my judgment vs Tom's more "bubbly" attitude during the review and I'm not sure how much my hesitation on Sierra is just from that alone.

    I like the 4 modules or whatever of Sierra West so that you sorta get 4 different games. Also it seems a little more unique in gameplay than Paladins does. However Paladins seems like it might be the more solid game? One of my friends (part of the main group I game with) also has Architects of the West Kingdom. Is Paladins different enough to warrant both?

    Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    If anyone's curious what Fireball Island looks like with the new expansion installed:

    Di49Nloh.jpg

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    FairchildDarkPrimusRaw Concretetyrantula22Sokpuppetwebguy20
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    If anyone's curious what Fireball Island looks like with the new expansion installed:

    Holy Crap.

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    As a Hardcore Wargamer, I like to stay in touch with my roots. LA BATAILLE DE BAUTZEN from Marshal Enterprises just showed up yesterday: hxgxdbbjmm51.jpg

    I don't know what that game is, but I kinda want to dress up neat and take it out to a nice dinner and a show, maybe meet her parents.

    Heh. The LA BATAILLE DE ______ series is a series of tactical-level wargames of the various battles during the Napoleonic Wars. The first LA BATAILLE was LA BATAILLE DE MOSKOWA, a fancy name for the Battle of Borodino, published by Marshal Enterprises waaaaay back in 1979. At some point Clash of Arms bought the rights to the LA BATAILLE games, but Marshal Enterprises has re-appeared since then and published a few more titles themselves, so it is rather confusing. Overall I think there are 22 LA BATAILLE games, including famous battles like Waterloo, Borodino, and Austerlitz, as well as lesser-known battles like Orthez and Albuera.

    Fishman
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Is having separate desktop and mobile versions not a thing anymore and I'm just an old man?
    Everything is optimized for mobile and desktop users can kick rocks if they dont like it.

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting a game and I think I have it narrowed down to either Sierra West or Paladins of the West Kingdom. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these that could help sway me one way or the other? The main reviews I watched were Zee on Sierra and Tom on Paladins. I kind of feel like Zee's general presentation kinda clouded my judgment vs Tom's more "bubbly" attitude during the review and I'm not sure how much my hesitation on Sierra is just from that alone.

    I like the 4 modules or whatever of Sierra West so that you sorta get 4 different games. Also it seems a little more unique in gameplay than Paladins does. However Paladins seems like it might be the more solid game? One of my friends (part of the main group I game with) also has Architects of the West Kingdom. Is Paladins different enough to warrant both?

    Paladins feels like a very generic worker placement. After I read through the rules I kind of want to sell it.

  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Cole Wehrle and Leder Games' next game, Oath, sounds awesome.

    SaurfangElvenshae
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    As a Hardcore Wargamer, I like to stay in touch with my roots. LA BATAILLE DE BAUTZEN from Marshal Enterprises just showed up yesterday: hxgxdbbjmm51.jpg

    I don't know what that game is, but I kinda want to dress up neat and take it out to a nice dinner and a show, maybe meet her parents.

    Heh. The LA BATAILLE DE ______ series is a series of tactical-level wargames of the various battles during the Napoleonic Wars. The first LA BATAILLE was LA BATAILLE DE MOSKOWA, a fancy name for the Battle of Borodino, published by Marshal Enterprises waaaaay back in 1979. At some point Clash of Arms bought the rights to the LA BATAILLE games, but Marshal Enterprises has re-appeared since then and published a few more titles themselves, so it is rather confusing. Overall I think there are 22 LA BATAILLE games, including famous battles like Waterloo, Borodino, and Austerlitz, as well as lesser-known battles like Orthez and Albuera.

    How do they play? It looks like the most noteworthy aspect is that it's a low-scale representation of a full-size battle, but I imagine there's more to it then that.

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    The original LA BATAILLE games from Marshal back in the 70's and 80's were in the "Big, Dumb" category, "low-scale representation of a full-size battle", as you put it, allowing players to play a big battle wargame at the lowest useful tactical level of infantry battalion/cavalry regiment/artillery battery. The rules had no meaningful command restrictions and combat was quite quick to resolve. LA BATAILLE DE MOSKOWA was so successful that it spawned a similar series of American Civil War battle games from another publisher that started with TERRIBLE SWIFT SWORD, about the Battle of Gettysburg. When Clash of Arms took on the LA BATAILLE games in the early 90's they added more complex rules for morale, formation, and command control, which were not entirely successful, because rules writing was never Clash of Arms' strength. Like many other fans of the series, I view the LA BATAILLE games as Game Kits that provide maps and unit counters upon which I inflict my own home-made rules which add the details I find lacking.

    So, a shorter answer would be that they are big, dumb fun, and do provide some insight into battle tactics of the Napoleonic era. Larger battles like Borodino, Wagram, Waterloo, and Dresden can take many hours to play just because of their sheer size. If you'd like a taste of the series, I'd recommend a medium-sized battle like Ligny or Lutzen.

  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting a game and I think I have it narrowed down to either Sierra West or Paladins of the West Kingdom. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these that could help sway me one way or the other? The main reviews I watched were Zee on Sierra and Tom on Paladins. I kind of feel like Zee's general presentation kinda clouded my judgment vs Tom's more "bubbly" attitude during the review and I'm not sure how much my hesitation on Sierra is just from that alone.

    I like the 4 modules or whatever of Sierra West so that you sorta get 4 different games. Also it seems a little more unique in gameplay than Paladins does. However Paladins seems like it might be the more solid game? One of my friends (part of the main group I game with) also has Architects of the West Kingdom. Is Paladins different enough to warrant both?

    Paladins feels like a very generic worker placement. After I read through the rules I kind of want to sell it.

    Have you played it?

    I haven't tried it, but Architects is the only worker placement game I've enjoyed in years. It looked generic too, but when we started playing, the capture/jail/sell off mechanics created a whole new game that was extremely interactive, adding bluffing and prediction and pushing your luck and etc. I find most worker placement games to be dry parallel solitaire so it was a really nice surprise.

    I'd give Paladins a chance!

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Huh, anyone find Arkham Horror: Dead of Night expansion in a store yet? Every one in my area says it was down for last Friday but none have shown up. Either it's a region wide shipping delay, or a delay from their main warehouse.

  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Huh, anyone find Arkham Horror: Dead of Night expansion in a store yet? Every one in my area says it was down for last Friday but none have shown up. Either it's a region wide shipping delay, or a delay from their main warehouse.

    Got mine last week as a specific pre-order. Store clerks accidentally put the extra in with the AH LCG section (the boxes are incredibly similar).

    Do you have questions, or just seeing if it is out in the wild or not?

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting a game and I think I have it narrowed down to either Sierra West or Paladins of the West Kingdom. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these that could help sway me one way or the other? The main reviews I watched were Zee on Sierra and Tom on Paladins. I kind of feel like Zee's general presentation kinda clouded my judgment vs Tom's more "bubbly" attitude during the review and I'm not sure how much my hesitation on Sierra is just from that alone.

    I like the 4 modules or whatever of Sierra West so that you sorta get 4 different games. Also it seems a little more unique in gameplay than Paladins does. However Paladins seems like it might be the more solid game? One of my friends (part of the main group I game with) also has Architects of the West Kingdom. Is Paladins different enough to warrant both?

    Paladins feels like a very generic worker placement. After I read through the rules I kind of want to sell it.

    Have you played it?

    I haven't tried it, but Architects is the only worker placement game I've enjoyed in years. It looked generic too, but when we started playing, the capture/jail/sell off mechanics created a whole new game that was extremely interactive, adding bluffing and prediction and pushing your luck and etc. I find most worker placement games to be dry parallel solitaire so it was a really nice surprise.

    I'd give Paladins a chance!

    I have not but in my defense the games I haven't tried yet number in the low hundreds and are trying to unionize

    FishmanEvil Multifarious
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting a game and I think I have it narrowed down to either Sierra West or Paladins of the West Kingdom. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these that could help sway me one way or the other? The main reviews I watched were Zee on Sierra and Tom on Paladins. I kind of feel like Zee's general presentation kinda clouded my judgment vs Tom's more "bubbly" attitude during the review and I'm not sure how much my hesitation on Sierra is just from that alone.

    I like the 4 modules or whatever of Sierra West so that you sorta get 4 different games. Also it seems a little more unique in gameplay than Paladins does. However Paladins seems like it might be the more solid game? One of my friends (part of the main group I game with) also has Architects of the West Kingdom. Is Paladins different enough to warrant both?

    Paladins feels like a very generic worker placement. After I read through the rules I kind of want to sell it.

    Have you played it?

    I haven't tried it, but Architects is the only worker placement game I've enjoyed in years. It looked generic too, but when we started playing, the capture/jail/sell off mechanics created a whole new game that was extremely interactive, adding bluffing and prediction and pushing your luck and etc. I find most worker placement games to be dry parallel solitaire so it was a really nice surprise.

    I'd give Paladins a chance!

    I have not but in my defense the games I haven't tried yet number in the low hundreds and are trying to unionize

    I'll call in the Pinkertons for you if you send some to not get played by me.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited October 12
    Athenor wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Huh, anyone find Arkham Horror: Dead of Night expansion in a store yet? Every one in my area says it was down for last Friday but none have shown up. Either it's a region wide shipping delay, or a delay from their main warehouse.

    Got mine last week as a specific pre-order. Store clerks accidentally put the extra in with the AH LCG section (the boxes are incredibly similar).

    Do you have questions, or just seeing if it is out in the wild or not?

    Was just wondering if it was out in the wild yet. Was leaving for the 3 day weekend to visit the folks (where there is no local game store) and my father and I were big Arkham players looking forward to it.

    BUT 2 hours ago I just got a call from the store that today's shipment was just unpacked and it came in!

    3 days of new scenarios ahoy!

    (while in the store, was indescribably tempted by a copy of Cthulhu Wars I saw marked 50% off)

    MrBody on
    Athenor
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo But do you really believe him? Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Cole Wehrle and Leder Games' next game, Oath, sounds awesome.

    That is very ambitious sounding, even if it fails it'll probably spawn some interesting new thinking from other designers.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    38thDoe
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Speaking of Napoleonic, 19th century tactics, here's Matt Easton discussing the development of the Enfield rifled musket:

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Late to the party on these two games.

    We picked up Santorini and Azul about a month ago, but we finally played them last weekend.

    Santorini was surprisingly easy to pick up and learn and play. We only played a couple of games, and while there isn't much complexity, there is depth. Planning for a few different methods to win in case your initial one falls is very Chess-like but useful ig you can manage it.

    Azul took a few turns to understand, but I liked it. Anyone can "end" the game, but they'll want to do it when they're ahead and games are generally kind of close until that point unless you can manage to leave someone with a lot of tiles to get negative points.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Just had a flash of inspiration: Azul, but replace the tiles with square Jolly Ranchers

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    As long as theres no watermelon ones, I'm down for that.

    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Cryptid is real fun of you like Zendoish deduction puzzles. As it turns out it's also not fun if someone puts clues out incorrectly, makes the puzzle unsolvable, and drags the game out to three times it's usual length before everyone quits in frustration.

    Pancho needs your prayers it's true
    But save a few for Lefty too
    AuralynxRaw ConcreteFryAstaerethArcticLancerVyolynceElvenshae
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Had my first play of Dungeon Petz yesterday, a Vlaada Chvatil game that I'd somehow never played. It's ... extremely punishing. I'm not sure I like it. I'm intrigued enough to want to play it again, but the card puzzle of satisfying your pets' needs seems quite dependent on what cards you draw, and there's not an awful lot you can do to mitigate it.

    Elvenshae
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Any thoughts on Dark Moon? I was looking at homebrew rules to make Battlestar Galactica shorter and saw it suggested as an alternative.

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I played it but I thought it was pretty good. I have not played BSG, but the guys in our group thought that DARK MOON was a better, shorter alternative.

Sign In or Register to comment.