As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragonflight finally makes their will save, comes to their senses and changes their c

TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in PAX Archive
So finally the Dragonflight people have come to their senses and realized that holding the only RPG convention in the Seattle area on the same exact dates as PAX was maybe not the best move. Now I know Dragonflight was here first, but still competing with PAX for pretty much the same audience was just not good business sense. But at last they have woken up to the fact and have changed their convention dates so as to not go head to head with the Juggernaut of Awesomeness that is PAX. Hooray.

Dragonflight this year is August 10-12 in Bellevue.

TheProphetElijah on

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's that? Should I be interested in attending? Should I stop being a lazy fuck and google it?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What they should do is come to PAX.

Edit: I bet that's why they're changing it.

We also need to go to Bellevue and terrorize that music box convention like we always do. They'll miss us if we don't.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    The Party at Sealab last year drove one of their attendees out of the hotel at about 3am.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Poor Dragonflight. For the past few years, it's really gone down in quality. Maybe now that they have changed there dates they wont get choked out like a small shrub in a bamboo forest. I look forward to attending it next year when I'm a bit more prepared.

Sorry Dragonflight.

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Dragonflight guys are good folks. I met with them late last year, we all talked it out, and everyone agreed different dates are best for everyone.

I've been to Dragonflight twice and enjoyed myself both times. Heck, one year I played Car Wars with Steve Jackson. We played on the floor with 1:18 scale model cars with model battleship and helicopter parts glued on. DF is good for that kind of super hardcore tabletop experience.

PAX is good for Catan, CCGs, and pickup games of every sort. Last year someone had the old Dragon with the Clay-o-rama rules--awesome.

And this year, PAX'll be really, really good for Living Greyhawk. Details to come on that topic. :)

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you are the one responsible for getting the dragonflight people to change the dates, then Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been really wanting to go to dragonflight for the last couple of years, but their was just no way I was going to miss PAX for it. Now I can go to both. Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

As for playing Car Wars with Steve Jackson, how dare you steal my childhood dreams. I Love me some car wars, I remember back in 8th grade I picked up the old hard plastic case version (Looked kind of like a DVD case) and brought it with me to school everyday. My friends and I would play it constantly. How I miss those little cardboard cars. Man that is so awesome, I bet that was a seriously fun time playing with Steve. Damn you.

TheProphetElijah on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's going to be a lot better this year methinks, and they have (like PAX) moved to a larger space. I'm doing the illustration work for this year's event and I look forward to manning my booth for a day. From the meetings I've been to they've got some good stuff together and I can't wait for 2 weekends of gaming convention goodness!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PikaPuff, I just dropped in to say that I just had a bunch of drunken fun with your sig....
    That is all.

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
This discussion has been closed.