As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ah, got it. Just have to install this update and I'll be back on duty!

edit: also, did you guys notice that they changed the loading watch so that percentage dial now lands between the chunks on the 25% percent increments? It used to be closer to thirds. Or I'm crazy. I don't know.

edit2: should I spend the next hour or so extracting internals from my DC weapon library?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Ah, got it. Just have to install this update and I'll be back on duty!

edit: also, did you guys notice that they changed the loading watch so that percentage dial now lands between the chunks on the 25% percent increments? It used to be closer to thirds. Or I'm crazy. I don't know.

edit2: should I spend the next hour or so extracting internals from my DC weapon library?

Anything pre-Warlords is worthless now. I made the mistake of extracting all my lvl 30 gear only to find out that it doesn't carry over. The only thing you should keep is the exotics. Everything else can be sold or extracted. But if you're not going to play warlords then extract em.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
    edited May 2020
    yeah, I know it doesn't carry over between the two.

I'd really just be doing it to complete the library. but I already started in so I'll purge as needed I guess.

edit: just noticed that I'm over capacity on mods. so... guess I'll have to hit those now.

edit2: so I found the judge key and door and it was just a green box with green loot. this one of those play again at a higher difficulty rewards?

tastydonuts on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    yeah, I know it doesn't carry over between the two.

I'd really just be doing it to complete the library. but I already started in so I'll purge as needed I guess.

edit: just noticed that I'm over capacity on mods. so... guess I'll have to hit those now.

edit2: so I found the judge key and door and it was just a green box with green loot. this one of those play again at a higher difficulty rewards?

most crates have trash in them even at Heroic rank. You can get some decent stuff out of faction lock boxes. There is an exotic backpack that is a drop out of those.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Did I luck out in getting a Chatterbox in only four Hyena keys? Just seemed really easy for some reason. Also, almost god-rolled. Only fell short in SMG damage, but the crit chance and damage were maxed out. I'll take it.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
    edited May 2020
    So... Pestilence... I feel like it's way stronger than it used to be. o_o

That dot... I feel like I'm playing my Saryn.

tastydonuts on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    As far as I know they haven't touched the DoT part of it lately. It just scales pretty well with your weapon damage. Honestly it is still not great on multiplayer since the DoT will both jump to gear/wardogs from which it cannot spread, and also will not spread if someone other then you gets the kill.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I just hit WT3 and decided to try out Kenly College - I'm not sure if I enjoy it. Is this content tied to progression in any way, or can I skip it?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Kenly is entirely optional side stuff. There's an Exotic rifle you can get from completing it but it's not amazing.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Kenly is entirely optional side stuff. There's an Exotic rifle you can get from completing it but it's not amazing.

Id say its worth it to get the Diamondback, especially since they added the 5 secs of always crit back to the weapon. You can make some really nice heavy crit damage builds and just demolish mobs. Reload speed is the biggest hinderance though.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Wasn't there a gun that damaged deployables more? or am I misremembering something. ._.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Wasn't there a gun that damaged deployables more? or am I misremembering something. ._.

Technician has that as a passive iirc
    darkmayo wrote: »

Id say its worth it to get the Diamondback, especially since they added the 5 secs of always crit back to the weapon. You can make some really nice heavy crit damage builds and just demolish mobs. Reload speed is the biggest hinderance though.

mm that's fair, I've been wondering how it would work with Negotiators, but there's probably not a high enough fire rate to be practical.

7qmGNt5.png
    I remember having something other than being tech either dealt more damage to a deployables or gave a bonus when I killed them.

I know because I remember switching to it to kill darpa drones and some other stuff in situations during a mission. o_o

Liberty used to have the perks "Blind Justice" that did used to make your next bullet deal +500% WD and if it killed would refill and give +100% WD for the mag. but now it... repairs my shield with headshot stacks??

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Liberty was hit overly hard by the nerf bat

VRXwDW7.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Liberty was hit overly hard by the nerf bat

Still some really nice shield builds with it and the gunslinger holster. The one I am thinking of is a PVP beast where you either one or two shot players with headshots.

That said I dont see many folks running pistol builds.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    I'm glad they're gonna re-examine the Exotic nerfing in the PTS for TU10. Some of them are barely better than named items atm.

steam_sig.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I’m tired of exotics getting hit with the same dumptruck nerfs on console because they were too good on PC.

Good developers can actually balance both or at the very least, pretend to try.

Sirialis on
    Nobody knows how to nerf shit anymore.

steam_sig.png
    yeah, I feel like the utility of a headshot exotic on console is pretty limited. like... whoa. but I'm still doing story difficulty missions so they all fell good~ lol.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    For Honor is another Ubisoft game that gets nerfs without consideration for 30fps vs 60fps reaction times.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What's maddening to me about exotic nerfs is exotics have always been sparse and like not worth it at least on console. Like the complete opposite of div 1, and nothing they have done has ever seemingly addressed that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Also, if you're participating in the PTS, this method works: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2228762-Download-tip-for-PTS

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2020
    New named items and exotics in the PTS: https://imgur.com/a/1YoEaWp

Harmony and Mechanical Animal in particular look like they'd be brutal on a skill build.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    So, the double-barrel AR is nasty, but not OP at all. The Harmony and Mechanical Animal work great on a skill build. Again, not OP. I'm more trying to watch out for anything that could potentially be nerfed and so far I haven't encountered it. The Regulus pistol might come close.

steam_sig.png
    I'm going to assume shooting those baseballs is a lot easier on PC than on console. .h

I’m about to wrap up the main WoNY story, how does progression work after that, are there increased difficulties like with WT1-5? What’s the best way to gear up?

There's no more world tiers, everything is just level 40. But you can set the base level of the world to be Hard, Challenging etc with the associated benefits (but this doesn't apply to containers in the world that aren't control point boxes).

There's also a new character advancement thing, which is like Paragon Levels from diablo (get a point on level up, stick it in for an incremental improvement to a stat, repeat)

As for gearing up, I'd do the classic of checking the vendors when the reset on Tuesdays, if there's specific items you're after then targeted loot is very good to repeatedly farm drops of a given flavour. Depending on how much you play you might be able to get a good way through the season levels which have a bunch of crates and so on with gear in. You might also be able to make a dent in the Manhunt, if you don't manage to finish before the end of the season though, don't worry, the EMP sticky reward is being made gettable some time in season 2. (I think there's some unlock process to open the last manhunt mission or something)

I'm not sure when the season ends but it might be next week some time? Don't worry about missing anything though, it's just weapon skins and cosmetic gear, most of which will probably get put into the apparel crates soonish.

7qmGNt5.png
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I blew through the entirety of the Manhunt in a single day. It’s basic setup -

Four secondary targets who you find by doing a bounty, capturing the control points, and repeating the main missions in three zones for each target. That’s followed by a bounty for the target. You can do each secondary in an hour or two each.

The payoff is a new, fully scripted mission in an existing stronghold with a boss battle against the main target.

Phillishere on
    edited May 2020
    Breezed through WoNY like it was nothing, but I’m getting absolutely steamrolled by Keener. Can just about get his armour broken before getting overwhelmed by the skill spam. I’m on console so it’s a pain in the ass to target those little bastards.

Might have to check out some other skills, I never bought any beyond the basic Turret and Drone and it seems like he hacks or destroys them within about 5 seconds of deploying.

Spaffy on
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Breezed through WoNY like it was nothing, but I’m getting absolutely steamrolled by Keener. Can just about get his armour broken before getting overwhelmed by the skill spam. I’m on console so it’s a pain in the ass to target those little bastards.

Might have to check out some other skills, I never bought any beyond the basic Turret and Drone and it seems like he hacks or destroys them within about 5 seconds of deploying.

How I did it:
    Load up hazard and explosion resistance and dump all tech skills, go to the high ground and wait, use a combo of long range/shotgun to pour in damage and make him run when he decides to rush you. Do not us tech skills at all. Use your special weapon.

You basically have to be able to survive/shrug off the drone attacks as you slowly wear him down. He'll heal a couple of times, but he eventually goes down.

If things get hairy or you run out of ammo, you can also run inside the building where you entered. He can still attack you there, but not all the drones can reach into the building.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

How I did it:
    Load up hazard and explosion resistance and dump all tech skills, go to the high ground and wait, use a combo of long range/shotgun to pour in damage and make him run when he decides to rush you. Do not us tech skills at all. Use your special weapon.

You basically have to be able to survive/shrug off the drone attacks as you slowly wear him down. He'll heal a couple of times, but he eventually goes down.

If things get hairy or you run out of ammo, you can also run inside the building where you entered. He can still attack you there, but not all the drones can reach into the building.

IIRC
    Technician specialization EMP grenades were useful for my run

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »

How I did it:

IIRC
    Technician specialization EMP grenades were useful for my run
    He's also vulnerable to flash bangs. I imagine there are a lot of good routes using items and special weapons. A machine gun with good range and armor damage would probably also be a good choice.

My SMG was useless, as he just beasted through it and killed me at point blank range. The shotgun, though, made him run back down the hill quick.

My feel for the fight was that it was heavily signalling that this was the big "You cannot use your tech now!" climax.

I did use the turret, though. Dropped it where I knew he would come out after the drone fight, but where it couldn't reach me up the hill. Took off a couple of armor bars, although he healed the damage.

edited May 2020

My first time in I was afraid the red smoke was actually gas like in some other areas, it's not so you can get right up on him if you fancy being aggressive, EMP pulse or Demolisher Firefly is pretty handy to take out his deflector drone, but I've found going back (admittedly with better stuff, but a higher difficulty) that just trying to rush him down before he can pop an armour kit works pretty well.

He's a tough cookie though, 100% a step up from the rest of the expansion bosses

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    I got him, finally. Nothing fancy, but running up to the high ground was a huge help, plinked away at him with my Rifle and occasionally running into the building when I lost track of drones so they followed me in and I could pick them off.

So now I'm a fresh 40 and holy crap there's a lot of stuff to do and on my HUD. First thing that happened was I gained an 'Activity Level' (light blue bar instead of yellow) and I can't find anything that tells me what that is.

I'm decked out in High End 40 Gear, and I understand that there's no gearscore anymore, and that base stats don't go any higher than what I'm wearing - sooooo how do I increase in power to take on higher difficulties? I just tried a mission on hard and it was... well, pretty hard.

edited May 2020
    I got him, finally. Nothing fancy, but running up to the high ground was a huge help, plinked away at him with my Rifle and occasionally running into the building when I lost track of drones so they followed me in and I could pick them off.

So now I'm a fresh 40 and holy crap there's a lot of stuff to do and on my HUD. First thing that happened was I gained an 'Activity Level' (light blue bar instead of yellow) and I can't find anything that tells me what that is.

I'm decked out in High End 40 Gear, and I understand that there's no gearscore anymore, and that base stats don't go any higher than what I'm wearing - sooooo how do I increase in power to take on higher difficulties? I just tried a mission on hard and it was... well, pretty hard.

The game becomes about optimizing the stats of the weapons and gear to synergize in a way that either pumps out a lot of damage, has a huge crit change/damage, adds a bunch of tech damage, or has some other mutual feedback between the stats and perks. So, feed a lot of things into the optimization library and start figuring out what works.

Special gear sets or multiple pieces of the same company's gear also help. Their perks stack and amplify each other, while giving bonuses the more gear you wear. I got the Striker set by playing the manhunt, and it combined with my weapons makes me a high damage per second monster.

Phillishere on
    Another key thing is that stats do actually roll higher, each has a maximum and it does make a pretty noticeable difference, so paying attention to the bars and making sure to extract stats and talents into your recalibration bench is a big help in optimising your gear, even if you're not going to use an item right now, a good roll might be useful to finish off another later!

7qmGNt5.png
    Yup. I've got a DPS setup that isn't even really optimized, but still hits for 3M DPS with the Quiet Roar named Stoner. My Baker's Dozen crits for over a million and does so every other hit thanks to the crit hit chance and damage rolls I've got on my gear. My skill build is just gross with the Hard Wired set bonus. Drop 10 seekers, pop Striker, drop another 10 seekers in about a 5s span. I've gotta get a True Patriot build going now and farm for some key weapons like the Bullet King.

steam_sig.png
    RNGesus finally took pity upon me. Doing my daily control point farming and this happened.
    nhoh2nau5e7g.jpg

Would I use them on a True Patriot build?

steam_sig.png
    How do I get more Blueprints for mods + guns? I’ve read I need to complete Alert lvl 3 Control points, which I’ve been doing, but my reward list only ever shows a grey blueprint icon with no text. Do I need to be doing it on challenging? I’m playing on hard atm.