As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Have you been checking your crafting bench? The reward doesn't say what it is but the bench should have new items. There's also some stuff on the crafting lady in the White House and iirc you can get some from weekly projects, until you deplete those pools.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    It actually will say what the reward is but it is often buried. See what happens is that as you clear it, on the bottom left of the screen, it will start listing rewards. But most people are still running around picking up ammo and loot. Massive, being the quality people they are, did not put any kind of priority system in place. That brand new God rolled exotic you picked up will be replaced by 5 ammo. So most of the time people never actually see the rewards pop. If you don't believe me try it, clear a control point while making sure you don't get any season or shd levels, without picking up any ammo or weapons at the end.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    How do I get more Blueprints for mods + guns? I’ve read I need to complete Alert lvl 3 Control points, which I’ve been doing, but my reward list only ever shows a grey blueprint icon with no text. Do I need to be doing it on challenging? I’m playing on hard atm.

Is there any specific blueprint you're looking for?

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    How do I get more Blueprints for mods + guns? I’ve read I need to complete Alert lvl 3 Control points, which I’ve been doing, but my reward list only ever shows a grey blueprint icon with no text. Do I need to be doing it on challenging? I’m playing on hard atm.

Is there any specific blueprint you're looking for?

Pretty much all of 'em. I only just started collecting. I'd like to find blueprints for the guns I tend to favour (Police MK17 in particular), but also some better mods than the ones I got from side missions.

I checked my bench and can see I do have some new mods. Pretty weird that when I complete the control points I get a grey icon with no text, though. Surely this is a bug?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Joined in with a couple of Canadian teenagers last night and helped them farm on Challenging. Took over the MLK Memorial Library and four Rogue Agents popped up. Struggle-bussed our way to taking them down and Sawyer's Kneepads dropped from them for one of the kids. Lucky little bastard.

steam_sig.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well.. season 1 is pretty much done, completed every event except this last one, got all the way to the last reward but wasnt about to grind out the last bit just for a stupid backpack trophy.

Did most of the Guardian event in about 2 days solo. Ended up getting a few exotic drops while doing it. Got a Pestilence out of a True Sons lockbox when LMG was the targetted loot, yet another Sweet Dreams and a Acosta Go Bag which will all go into the grinder for later exotic recalibrations.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Got a Diamondback (1% off from god-rolled) out of the orange crate above the 1040 safehouse today.

steam_sig.png
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I just got a damn-near god-roll Fox's Prayer AND Baker's Dozen in the same night, so I guess I completed D2?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Guys. I'm super into FFXIV as of this month and can't afford the time to get involved in another live service game. But here I am reading about Tech builds - I'm a big turret/pet class fan in any game, because I love anything automated - and looking at the D2 icon on my PS4 home screen and it's getting hard to resist jumping into this shit for a change of pace.

I adored Div1 and picked up Div2 for $2.99 back when it was on deep discount. Don't know how much longer I can resist. My backlog is screaming. But I guess this is part of my backlog, so...

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Guys. I'm super into FFXIV as of this month and can't afford the time to get involved in another live service game. But here I am reading about Tech builds - I'm a big turret/pet class fan in any game, because I love anything automated - and looking at the D2 icon on my PS4 home screen and it's getting hard to resist jumping into this shit for a change of pace.

I adored Div1 and picked up Div2 for $2.99 back when it was on deep discount. Don't know how much longer I can resist. My backlog is screaming. But I guess this is part of my backlog, so...

First season is done not sure there is anything going on at the moment other than folks mucking around with the newest update on the public test server.

Tech builds are certainly in a much much better place than they have ever been. Deployables such as the turrets and Drone have been getting looked at on the PTS. On the Live server I have seen videos on folks running Legendary on Solo using a Hard Wired build and the striker turret and it just melts faces. Whether or not that gets nerfed is yet to be seen. I havent played since June 1st and that is just because there is nothing happening atm and I played the absolute shit out of the game. Other than a couple of exotics and some legendary/pvp content I dont really need to farm for anything. Will jump back in when TU 10 comes out.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited June 2020
    TU 10 is live as of a couple of days ago, new Raid is live (havent bothered checking into that yet)

Been largely running heroics via random matchmaking and the game feels much more forgiving. There is less elites/veterans in missions even on Heroic. Though even the ones you run into dont seem to be as bullet spongey as before, maybe that is just me.

A few new exotics to get and a couple new gear sets. One is a healer specific set, and the other is a status effect set. I built a loadout with the status effect set making use of the mask/backpack/gloves/Knees and my holster is Imperial Dynasty and chest piece is sporting glass cannon. Running firecrest with a Pyromaniac AR and skills are Firestarter chemlauncher and depending on what is needed either Stinger Hive or Blinder Firefly. Every piece I have gives 10% status effect. I roll up to a fight toss the Hive and a chem cloud light up the group and then burn down a red that is now on fire and bleeding. When he dies that bleed and on fire status jump to every enemy within a certain range of the guy and the effect lasts for 50% of the duration (if I was using chest it would be 75% and the range it jumps is larger) the backpack skill makes it that status effected enemies take an additional 15% damage from me, which with the Pyromaniac is quite nice.

Made another set using the best headshot talent in the game.
    Headhunter
    After killing an enemy with a headshot, your next weapon hit within 30s deals 125% of that killing blow’s damage in addition to it.
    Damage is capped to 800% of your weapon damage. This is raised to 1250% if your headshot damage is greater than 150%.

So I took my normal sniper build swapped out the chest piece with the one I had with this talent.
    I think my set is Punch Drunk mask (20% headshot damage)
    Some rando holster with all red, Backpack with I think either Vigilance or the one where you do more damage until you get shot.
    Gloves are contractor gloves and the knees are Sawyers Kneepads.

I switch between either my near god rolled Bakers Dozen M1A and I have a nice Max rolled bolt action with also with Lucky Shot or my god roll Nemesis.

So once you kill a guy with a headshot you get the perk, and the followup shot from whatever weapon (you can switch) gets that additional chunk of damage. My Nemesis after that intial headshot kill would tap named at 50+ million damage. The DPS counter in the range only goes to the max of what the target has which is short of 20million HP so turned on the damage number listing in my chat to see what I was getting. Just.. nuts . Using the M1A and my Bolt Action Marksman the numbers were much less but still very very nice.

So if you jump on and play I suggest finding the mission or area that has named sets as the targeted loot so you can gather up bits. I was getting all sorts but was getting some Future Initative pieces I think was supposed to be behind the new raid, but maybe that changed or maybe it is like the old raid where you cant get backpack and chest.

Oh and I want to make some sort of hybrid Weapon/Skill build using this weapon talent

"Weapon Talent: Future Perfect

Weapon kills grant +1 skill tier for 15s. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Weapon kills at skill tier 6 grant overcharge for 15s.
    Overcharge Cooldown: 90s"

I am using an AR with that on it with my Status build since I can give myself an overcharge but I like the 1+skill tier. Thinking some build with Technician specialization.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm really disappointed, I bought this on stadia (the warlords edition) after having played the base game a bunch when it launched and..the story mode of the game might as well be single player now, I think I'm about halfway through the warlords story, level 37 and the entire time I've either had matchmaking searching for story missions, a call for help out while I'm doing story missions, or matchmaking for any call for help out while searching for collectibles and...not one hit :0 stadia has crossplay with PC so I'm going to assume the population is just really low? Very confusing and sad as for the base game I had the most fun doing story missions matchmade

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited June 2020
    I'm really disappointed, I bought this on stadia (the warlords edition) after having played the base game a bunch when it launched and..the story mode of the game might as well be single player now, I think I'm about halfway through the warlords story, level 37 and the entire time I've either had matchmaking searching for story missions, a call for help out while I'm doing story missions, or matchmaking for any call for help out while searching for collectibles and...not one hit :0 stadia has crossplay with PC so I'm going to assume the population is just really low? Very confusing and sad as for the base game I had the most fun doing story missions matchmade

yea not the best time right now, Season 2 launches on Tuesday so I think the headcount in game is likely really really low and most folks arent playing the missions on Story level. Your best bet is to just blow through the story solo and then you will start seeing more people to join up with on the harder mission modes. Ill likely do another purge of the PC clan just after season two launches. Our headcount is down to maybe 3 or 4 people on at very different times of time.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

yea not the best time right now, Season 2 launches on Tuesday so I think the headcount in game is likely really really low and most folks arent playing the missions on Story level. Your best bet is to just blow through the story solo and then you will start seeing more people to join up with on the harder mission modes. Ill likely do another purge of the PC clan just after season two launches. Our headcount is down to maybe 3 or 4 people on at very different times of time.

I know I'd basically checked out after the last manhunt target was down, doubt I was the only one.

Plus, as above, you're unlikely to find folks while levelling, once you get to the cap then it should get a bit easier, especially once the season starts.

7qmGNt5.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular

I know I'd basically checked out after the last manhunt target was down, doubt I was the only one.

Plus, as above, you're unlikely to find folks while levelling, once you get to the cap then it should get a bit easier, especially once the season starts.

I'm trying but these story missions are so boring solo (and so easy wtf?) Its like watching paint dry

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    Got myself the Mantis exotic sniper this weekend, rerolled it til it was a few points shy of god roll. Swapped it into my headshot build and shuffled around some pieces to make sure all the pieces I had Headshot damage as a stat.

Handles pretty well. I tend to have some pretty potato aim at times with snipers.. I have a almost max roll Baker's Dozen that usually is Marksman Rifle go to that and the Nemesis but this one just seems better. Reload speed is way better than the Baker's Dozen, and the perk were it refreshes your Decoy after a headshot kill is very nice.

May remake an Aces loadout and see what numbers I can dish out with it but I know the stats on the pieces I have for that gear set are middling at best.

New league starts on Tuesday, not overly concerned about alot of this stuff now but hoping that I get an exotic cache with a lady death in it at some point. Just havent bothered running around NY hunting for the roaming named guys yet.

Still need to spend some time in Legendary missions, seeing way more folks with the White Tusk set and I'd like to take a crack at getting the Bighorn at some point.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Lady Death is in the general Exotic loot pool now. Just go after SMG targeted loot areas.

steam_sig.png
    I don't know what the point of targeted loot is when I run Bank HQ with AR targeted loot and then get god-rolled Sawyer's Kneepads from Roach. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but wat.

steam_sig.png
    Capped off the reward track and the Hollywood event. Been playing with the Vile mask and the eclipse protocol set, just lovely status death everywhere. Does sweet fuck all vs robots but everyone else melts

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    crap, there's an apparel event going? how much time is left? D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited July 2020
    It's not, it's a world event thingy with shielded enemies that take more damage from explosions

I've been loving Eclipse Protocol, don't have Vile yet, but I do have a very good Harmony rifle that works really well.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    edited July 2020
    Capped off the reward track and the Hollywood event. Been playing with the Vile mask and the eclipse protocol set, just lovely status death everywhere. Does sweet fuck all vs robots but everyone else melts

I usually run it on my Technician specialization so I can have one DPS armor piece and still have max skill tiers. That 12% extra damage to drones/bots helps out tremendously.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    @tastydonuts FYI an apparel event started today, the bonus XP from a new manhunt stage means keys are coming pretty fast as well

7qmGNt5.png
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The "new" skill builds that use the assault turret and the striker drone are so good for soloing/farming heroics. There are some great synergies available, the skills don't need babysitting and they put out an insane amount of damage while being quite tanky. There are still issues with the pathing and not being able to target everything, for instance the turret generators in the tombs mission, but they will also shred annoying things like heavies, warhounds and anyone dumb enough to try and walk up to you side-firing an smg.

Also very easy to build since you only need skill tier and skill damage on your stuff instead of trying to get max rolled reds.

edited July 2020
    @tastydonuts FYI an apparel event started today, the bonus XP from a new manhunt stage means keys are coming pretty fast as well

thanks! I'll have to do some shooting starting today. Kinda petered out again. going to focus on finishing the expansion campaign too (that's how far behind I am, lol)

edit: game says it was 50 days, 10 hours since I last played it. xD

I guess you have to complete the expansion campaign to even see the season pass stuff? lol... really guess I better get to it.

edit2: gotta grind to 40 now to unlock the last mission. I did all the other hunts and got up to 38. bah

tastydonuts on
    Got to 40, crafted me up a new LVOA with 13% Rifle Damage, 12% CHD, 7% Health Damage and Lucky Shot ... which is my drug talent. Really need to not use that talent but I just love it.

With the 20 round mag and lucky, my LVOA has 60 rounds.

Time to finish the expansion campaign. <3

Most obnoxious boss fight of the year goes to this expansion. But now we know what the NPCs feel like.

Also...
    bad guy eyepatch.

Now I get to work on liberating the world. just set it to hard and let's see what it has for us. <3

edited July 2020
    Keener is a real PITA yeah

Get ye to the clan vendor for the good stuff!

I had a rummage in my bags and realised I could actually put together a fairly credible Striker SMG build, it's fragile but absolutely melts things at mid-close range. Does chew through a lot of ammo though, but eh, it's fun to just go BLURRT dead BLURRRT dead BLURRRRRRT dead tank oh crap I'm at 25%hp

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    edited July 2020
    What really made it annoying was that most of my attempts he had that uber damage resistance, even w/o the drone up. But that's what Pestilence is for. I guess I need to get the level 40 version of so I can crutch out with it for all time. I managed to kill him despite that DR twice down on the lower level but the first time, his cut scene stun magic and drones killed me, and I think another time he threw all his grenades at me just as I took him out too... which meant my corpse was being told to chase him down. >_>

So I wound up changing how I fought him to taking the high ground. Doing that I noticed/found the immunity drone which apparently either bugs out or somehow simply flew in a stationary spot above the battlefield and out of my line of sight and radar when fighting below every time after I killed it from the start of the fight... IDK. Killing it whenever I saw it seemed to reduce the time he was at 90% DR, and that just left dealing with his obnoxious levels of ability spam and stuff. but man... not a fight I want to revisit any time soon.

I still have pre-40 stuff in my bags that I need to go through *sobs*

tastydonuts on
    Keener is a real PITA yeah

Get ye to the clan vendor for the good stuff!

I had a rummage in my bags and realised I could actually put together a fairly credible Striker SMG build, it's fragile but absolutely melts things at mid-close range. Does chew through a lot of ammo though, but eh, it's fun to just go BLURRT dead BLURRRT dead BLURRRRRRT dead tank oh crap I'm at 25%hp

I dont think I have played that last mission again after I finished the story.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Here's that SMG setup, comes out at 50% crit for now (more coming from the watch) only real weakness is the fragility so you have to be careful about doing short bursts of shooting.

o4tj7a96prda.jpg

Plus, shows the new denim jacket from the current Apparel event, which I really like

7qmGNt5.png
    Squishy? That's twice as much armor as I have rn. :P

edited July 2020
    As I work my way through liberating NYC on a hard difficulty world, I have to say that I really like the changes they made with how the Level 4 control points play out. I don't know if it's just that NYC doesn't have patrols and supply convoys spawn and converge on the CP while you're fighting it or what, but they are challenging in that I can't just face tank and need to fight smart, though I think they may finally have found the right amount of HP to give enemies vs their offense.

Buildwise, I still haven't changed much from what was doing before. Petrov and whatever else works. My skills have been pretty beastly too. I hope that remains the same. That future perfect talent is my jam, and I got that in like one of the first named cache things I opened. I don't know how I got Kinetic Momentum on my level 30 chest, and when I first started back I was trying to figure out what the extra icons were on my HUD... but I also like that a lot. Managed to craft a level 40 petrov that had it too before I went to fight Keener, and that has been my chest since.

This eclipse set seems like it will be my jam too... once I get it. Slowly but surely progressing in levels.

For challenging what's the minimum armor/health/dps that I should target?

tastydonuts on
    I guess if Hard seems a bit easy try a Challenging mission and if that's fine then see if the whole Tier is? There's not really a hard and fast break point imo, just what feels ok based on what gear you're wearing.

7qmGNt5.png
    Spoke too soon about that CP not getting adds thing... Just cleared the Brooklyn Bridge CP at 4 where the game spawned an elite patrol into the mix. So basically cleaners spawned from both sides and it was pretty chaotic, lol.

Was playing around with a different build I saw online, was explosive damage based using Hard Wired for fast skill deploys and Explosive Delivery. Works pretty good, you just end up throwing hive and cluster mines over and over. The extra explosion where the skill lands hits pretty hard. Paired with Vile your boosted explosive damage ups the DoT damage it deals.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    hmm... that sounds similar to what I'm doing, except with bleeds and hive and eclipse. just... if it bleeds, we can kill it. oddly enough the mixture of procs makes the robot dogs bleed at times.

Also, I think it's amazing that you need 60 stages done and you get two sets attempts! I thought I was going to be spending all week trying to get high stages on those time trials, but I just need to keep blowing people up and exploding them to get the required stages for this league thing, which is pretty cool.

hmm... that sounds similar to what I'm doing, except with bleeds and hive and eclipse. just... if it bleeds, we can kill it. oddly enough the mixture of procs makes the robot dogs bleed at times.

Also, I think it's amazing that you need 60 stages done and you get two sets attempts! I thought I was going to be spending all week trying to get high stages on those time trials, but I just need to keep blowing people up and exploding them to get the required stages for this league thing, which is pretty cool.

Oh yea, my status effect build is just goofy, Firewall specialization for the extra burn damage, Vile mask (used to do Imperial Holster until I got the mask) fire chem launcher, 4 set Eclipse (chest piece, gloves, knees, holster) backback w/Shock and Awe . Every piece has 10% status effect.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    I've found I'm getting better results with BTSU gloves and sticky/hive in my Eclipse build, having a second source of Overcharge (after Mechanical Animal) is great.

I need to shave 15 seconds off Parkway to get tier 10 and I'm not sure where I can make it up, unless I can find a second spot to do a loadout swap...which maybe there is. Time trials where there's extended sections of cutscene are a terrible idea but oh well, at least I don't really need the stages now.

I really like that all 6 targets are accessible now, no Legendary strongholds hurrah.

7qmGNt5.png
    edited July 2020
    Got the Mantis from the Season Pass track. Decent rolls, does 10M headshot damage with a decent (mostly CHC and CHD, not a lot into headshots yet) build. Did the weekly SHD Requisition Project. Got a god-rolled one. 12M headshot damage with the same build.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png