As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I've been using this for soloing legendary and it's a beast when it comes to clearing out groups of enemies which tends to be the biggest issue during the initial sections. Right now some of my pieces have skill haste on them instead of just skill damage and status effects so there is room for improvement but it is damn easy to build once you have the vile mask.

The only thing it doesn't excel at is killing heavies but since it has so much skill damage it is easy to switch the artillery turret to either the sniper or assault turret which both absolutely crush those guys. On a related note, assault turret and the decoy is amazing for clearing some of the hardest sections in the game like the boss in Capitol and the drug lab in DUA.

NevEGGC.jpg?1

Numi on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So far I havent really bothered with Legendary, I certainly have the gear etc it just seems like such a slog solo.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    It's an interesting challenge since you are not supposed to do it solo but yeah legendary is a terrible slog through certain parts. I got Roosevelt Island done today which was my final one and I'm never going to do that one again since they apparently fixed the cheese everyone used that allowed you to kill the quadcopters without entering the final area. Thankfully the decoy is just crazy powerful when combined with the assault turret or I would never have been able to clear the final area.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Is this global bugged or what?

I can have a full clip of a weapon, there can be ONE enemy in my line of sight, and I can be shooting at them and just randomly get shocked as if I attacked with the wrong polarity. It's messing up the "take a control point without being shocked" thing and it's so annoying. >\

edit: their polarity isn't shifting either.

edit: challenge completed. just stopped using bullets.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I got an Imperial Dynasty earlier in the week and I've been using that and now people randomly burst into flames when they approach *_*

Wish there was a perfect Creeping Death D:

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Threw together a fun shield build today, 4 bits of Forge, a Perfect Matador backpack for 23% bonus armour per enemy within 10 yards, and an Intimidate chest that I'll swap the brand on when I get something else with good stats. Paired with Sweet Dreams and the Firestarter shield it's really, really robust and throws out very respectable damage, especially considering there's 5 blues and 1 red in the build.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Threw together a fun shield build today, 4 bits of Forge, a Perfect Matador backpack for 23% bonus armour per enemy within 10 yards, and an Intimidate chest that I'll swap the brand on when I get something else with good stats. Paired with Sweet Dreams and the Firestarter shield it's really, really robust and throws out very respectable damage, especially considering there's 5 blues and 1 red in the build.

Mine is similar, though I use technician with the tech hive equipped. I think mine is still one red and 5 blue, still have a level 6 shield thanks to technician and the hive heals the shield. I also use Sweet Dreams and depending how I am feeling either a god roll auto shotgun or one of my other god roll shotguns (I have like 5 of them.. ) was using an SMG for a little bit but it was kinda meh.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited August 2020
    ugh... having to do the pentagon missions is just annoying. I hate these missions.

And did they make the stupid dampeners immune to sticky bombs? I'm 99% sure I'm hitting them dead on and it's not even damaging them. ugh. such a slog.

edit: I don't have a level 40 boring red build at the moment.

tastydonuts on
    Has the option to use credits to rank up always been there or did they add it as the season nears its end? I don't need it since I'm rank 92, but I guess that's a cool option if you started even later than I did.

Though one thing that's annoying me is the control points on these investigations. I hope next season they ditch it. I don't want to have to reset my entire map (again) for one CP, while the game keeps sending dudes to attack the other CPs and even did it while I was in the middle of a mission and couldn't defend it. I thought they removed that nonsense from the game anyway, or is that only if you capture all the points. IDK.

This exotic mask is very nice... :O

Has the option to use credits to rank up always been there or did they add it as the season nears its end? I don't need it since I'm rank 92, but I guess that's a cool option if you started even later than I did.

Though one thing that's annoying me is the control points on these investigations. I hope next season they ditch it. I don't want to have to reset my entire map (again) for one CP, while the game keeps sending dudes to attack the other CPs and even did it while I was in the middle of a mission and couldn't defend it. I thought they removed that nonsense from the game anyway, or is that only if you capture all the points. IDK.

Been taking a break from the game, I think I am done with the rat race of chasing season pass bullshit, ranks and timed events for any and all games (started by letting go of Warframe earlier in the year, and Division 2 was the only other one I played)

Not sure if the credits to buy rank is new or not but that does seem handy. Vile is a great mask though.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

Been taking a break from the game, I think I am done with the rat race of chasing season pass bullshit, ranks and timed events for any and all games (started by letting go of Warframe earlier in the year, and Division 2 was the only other one I played)

Not sure if the credits to buy rank is new or not but that does seem handy. Vile is a great mask though.

Yeah I used to play this game daily and then they introduced seasons and, I tried it in the beginning. Almost nabbed the big bad, but I lost complete interest. Warlords of New York was awesome but then they went back into the whole season pass nonsense and the little variables and challenges and... I don't know it just completely made me lose interest. And this was before CoD Modern Warfare came out.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    If anyone jumped in with The Division 2 and wanted to give the first game a run, it’s free on uPlay for keepsies until September 8th.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    After 2 seasons I can safely say I like Leagues but I don't like Events, mostly because gotta go fast is fun but (often) fiddly shoot this guy in the specific way that doesn't actually map that well to your build is not. Manhunt stuff is good as well, usually a slightly different twist on older content, especially the main target remixes of old strongholds.

State of the Game yesterday had a big thing on Summit which seems like it will basically be Underground but in a skyscraper and you can checkpoint your progress up the tower and come back later, which looks pretty decent. Also very clear on it being free if you have Warlords after a lot of speculation that it'd be a paid addon.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I definitely feel you guys on FOMO fatigue. It pretty much killed my interest in Destiny.

I like the leagues too, the events are still okay. I like Manhunt too, in general. Just that they've made it require control points, which is a mechanic that I've never liked, in order to progress annoys me.

Summit does sound interesting. I'm guessing its in NYC because AFAIK there are no skyscrapers in DC. I don't think there's anything taller than the monument? o_o

tastydonuts on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I cast off the shackles of FOMO and just play what I want. If I miss out, fuck 'em, there's always another game to play. Skyscraper looks neat and I liked it for Underground.

Speaking of season passes, I realized you could buy the in game season pass for Red Dead online with in game currency and if you complete the whole thing - you get back that exact amount of in game currency over the course of it. I was worried I wouldn't complete it, but with months to spare, I finished it out...just playing the game. I didn't do anything specificially, I just played a little each day, some days I just hop on, do one thing to keep my task streak alive, but mainly just riding around being a cowboy and crushed through it. Once I had finished it, getting all the free reward track items, I bought the thing and promptly got all the paid reward tracks, leaving me with a pile of items and the same amount of in game currency. (Gold bars)

Its the best season pass I've seen to be honest.

Nosf on
    The hornet stage has an interesting reuse of a mission strip even if it felt like it went on forever.

the league missions this time though... D:

upcoming dates (including spoilers for the end of the warlords campaign?)
    6ihr6v579a8a.jpg

I am glad that the final(?) manhunt will be that target rather than waiting for Barons of Chicago or whatever

7qmGNt5.png
    edited September 2020
    I just hope they take CPs out of the manhunts T_T

edit: I also managed to get Season pass level 100 today. Yay. The Guardians GE on challenging solo is absurd.

tastydonuts on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    For anyone playing on PC how is Matchmaking? I also stopped playing because the timed hunts were getting annoying but The Summit sounds like a fun grind once a week or so.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Looking for invite to Pax ArcadiaI been hopping on this game lately. I had left the clan when I stopped playing to make sure there was room for people who wanted to play. I sent the request for invite in game already. Name in game: Kublakas

New season starts today, quick FYI that the last boss of the tanker is busted as the tower doesn't activate, unfortunately it's also a manhunt mission, boo.

@Rhah I am not 100% sure I can invite but I shall check next time I'm on!

7qmGNt5.png
    edited September 2020
    it's so lame that yet again, control points are part of the manhunt. and now I have to reset my NYC.

Making it so you can secure them indefinitely only to deliberately add a mechanic that forces you to manually reset them is spitefully dumb. >\

edit: I suppose I can forgive them since they added true transmog though... >_>

tastydonuts on
    edited September 2020
    BUT SERIOUSLY.

Transmog is the best. It's really opened up my options for gear because now I don't have to go "this +25% weapon damage set is too ugly to wear" or being sad and destroying a chest that had perfect rolls but just used dumber looking variant of a gear set and oh man.

such a game changer.

tastydonuts on
    Made it up to floor 86 of the tower and legendary difficulty can fuck off tbh, I'll have to try my Eclipse gear but the whole 2 seconds to live thing wasn't fun in Division 1 and it's not fun here.

However the new Hunter gear set+named shotgun are excellent, no problems all the way to floor 80 and then it's back to getting shredded almost instantly by grenade spam

7qmGNt5.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I just want the last achievement from the new raid and Discovery mode was just added for Iron Horse.

The new raid encounters except the first encounter are of course incredibly obtuse, (throw randoms into the mix and its quantum physics levels) also even Discovery feels pretty beefy on its own for its non existant rewards, guess they balanced this off PC and said fuck console balancing yet again.

I wished they never added these raids, shit loot and a ton of wasted time because its so poorly done.

I played Summit with a friend up to level 30, we got like 1/10th of the exp we’d get from running tier 4 CP’s and awful loot.

Transmog implementation is aces though. (except I cant my access my boots transmog option after changing it once, that old bug where you can only access dye, not mods or appearance mods as well now)

Sirialis on
    I need to get in there and try the summit thing. I still haven't bothered with the first raid, but I think that the excursions in Div 1 generally put me off to their "raid-esque" type content. Actually got caught up in playing PSO 2 again, so I missed the league and stuff I guess. IDK. Still having to do control points really put me off to the manhunt.

Hey just checking again if anyone is actively playing who can accept invites? Trying to rejoin and get back into the clan after I restarted playing a month ago.
    In game name is Kublakas

edited September 2020
    Are you on PC or console? I checked on PC the other day and didn't see any requests but I can look again this evening.

nipped on just now and while I couldn't accept the request directly I have sent you an invite that should work

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    edited September 2020
    Ah yeah I saw my request for invite eventually disappeared, it must stay for a month or so. Yeah PC. Wasn't sure if people still looked up info on the spreadsheets. Thanks much.

Rhah on
    New global event is actually fun, charge up a debuff on you, transfer it to enemies and then each kill pulses the others and you can chain a whole pack down really fast, especially with the new gear set. If this is an indication of how they are getting reworked, then great!

7qmGNt5.png
    Quick heads up that an Apparel Event started today, runs for 3 weeks iirc, plus the second manhunt target is live so there's a good lot of bonus xp for keys

7qmGNt5.png
    Quick heads up that an Apparel Event started today, runs for 3 weeks iirc, plus the second manhunt target is live so there's a good lot of bonus xp for keys

Thanks, I would have missed the start of it. :D

oh wow, if you're a mask lover they certainly put in a bunch this go! <3

Did 2 activities trying to get enough gun parts for an exotic cache... Back to back exotic rewards, first up is a Bullet King with 2 perfect rows, sadly damage is only 7%, next is a Pestilence, which is what I’m currently using, perfect god roll, neat.

I finally got the last achievement I was missing, Iron Horse raid completed.

I cant find anything about more DLC, anyone know if its only going to be seasons from here on out?

afaik, it's seasons from here on out. can't have enough FOMO

If the last expansion is anything to go by there's not going to be any announcements until after season 4 finishes. I'm not sure if there'll be a season 5 or if it'll be an expansion or even Division 3?? My gut says maybe seasons and something else after "E3 time" but who knows.

7qmGNt5.png
    oof. the end of this season snuck up on me... really fell off the grind.

Finished the season and manhunt.

Seriously annoyed that
    Hunter McIgnoreDamageFirstAidSixTimesRandomDisrupt somehow killed me when he was down to a sliver of life, and I hadn't even took the shot to take him out, and he was shooting undetonated fire chems. Didn't want to risk losing the manhunt entirely, so I finished it, but the level returns and I guess the hunt mission next season, right? Really miffed at that.

I had one more shotgun hit to get him and he got me because I got greedy, ah well

7qmGNt5.png