As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    yeah, it looks like the new season starts today, and rank 48 unlocks the mission!

ALSO! Character inventory has been expanded by 50 slots!

ALSO ALSO: Optimization has returned. (finally)

ALSO ALSO ALSO: You can pick up turrets now.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Apparel Event went live today, 24 items, 3 weeks (if I am not including the "closing" week in the total?)

New Global Event "Golden Bullet" is excellent and just raw extra damage/rpm so you can blitz stuff really fast.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Tw1wXYwaX1I

For those that didn't catch the Resident Evil livestream today.

oh wow, definitely want those outfits..

but the real question is: zombies?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2021
    ...so I impulse-bought it after a friend mused a bit about it, and tl;dr I'm having a blast playing it very casually with him.

Is that season 4 thing worth it if I predict I'll play this fairly heavily for the next month or so? And do I need to be max level or something to start on it?

Echo on
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    oh wow, definitely want those outfits..

but the real question is: zombies?

if they set it in winter new york like Div 1, like a modified survival mode, then yes I would be interested in that

GaryO on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    ...so I impulse-bought it after a friend mused a bit about it, and tl;dr I'm having a blast playing it very casually with him.

Is that season 4 thing worth it if I predict I'll play this fairly heavily for the next month or so? And do I need to be max level or something to start on it?

I play off and on, and even then, I'd say that Warlords of New York is pretty solid. Now, granted, I was working up on the end-ish game World Tier grind (got up to WT3 or 4) when Warlords dropped, so that might've skewed my perception of the expansion. Looks like it's on sale right now, so it might be worth picking up while the sale is going on.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

I play off and on, and even then, I'd say that Warlords of New York is pretty solid. Now, granted, I was working up on the end-ish game World Tier grind (got up to WT3 or 4) when Warlords dropped, so that might've skewed my perception of the expansion. Looks like it's on sale right now, so it might be worth picking up while the sale is going on.

I would not buy the pass regardless tbh. There's 2 tracks and the only difference on the paid one is a few cosmetics.

Also I *think* you need to have finished the Warlords campaign to even start the season stuff so yeah. Warlords is extremely worth it if you've not burned out by World Tier 4/level 30 in the base game, it's more Division2 but a bit better in level structure and with some cool areas, so that should answer whether you want it or not.

I do wonder why Survival hasn't made a return, it seems like an easy win on a conceptual level but I suppose there's a significant amount of work involved in both making a "new" map and coming up with a gimmick like the snowstorm and the infection timer.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Huh...I didn't even see an option to buy a pass thingy on Uplay (easier to call it what it used to be called)...so was thinking Echo was just talking about Warlords.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    iirc you can only buy the season bonus rewards pass* in game, not through the main uplay interface
    *or whatever they call it

7qmGNt5.png
    Ah, yeah. I already got the expansion, but I don't want to use the boost that puts me at max world tier since it locks you to the New York area until that campaign is finished, and my buddy isn't there yet.

Just hit world tier 2 myself.

edited January 2021
    Yeah, you can only buy the ingame seasonal content passes through the game itself. A lot of functionality opens up post Warlords too.

Just so you know, everything that you're collecting now will no longer be useful after your return to NYC. There's basically two sets of gear split on that progression.

That pass only gives you access to a better cosmetics track. you don't actually need to buy it unless you care about the true endgame of all games: fashion.

edit: there are a few item caches and keys along the track but you get so many of those anyway they're more filler than anything.

tastydonuts on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Just got back into Warlords of New York; and my god. If the game had released as this at launch. . .Cheese and Crackers. I guess it takes awhile to get in the hands of players to know whether or not you have enough content at launch. Here's hoping OUTRIDERS is as beefy as TD2 is at the moment when it launches.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Just got back into Warlords of New York; and my god. If the game had released as this at launch. . .Cheese and Crackers. I guess it takes awhile to get in the hands of players to know whether or not you have enough content at launch. Here's hoping OUTRIDERS is as beefy as TD2 is at the moment when it launches.

Glad I'm not the only one that decided to pick this game back up while waiting for Outriders. I finally finished the Warlords campaign last night and messing around with "endgame" stuff. The tower seems pretty neat, I like how it's put together.

And isn't Outrider's whole thing is that it's "not" a live service game and is "complete" as launched? They put a lot of emphasis on that so yeah, hope they have the content to back it up.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I kind of did everything I wanted to do with this, but I’ll definitely reinstall to check out he next gen update

Kyanilis wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one that decided to pick this game back up while waiting for Outriders. I finally finished the Warlords campaign last night and messing around with "endgame" stuff. The tower seems pretty neat, I like how it's put together.

And isn't Outrider's whole thing is that it's "not" a live service game and is "complete" as launched? They put a lot of emphasis on that so yeah, hope they have the content to back it up.

Yes OUTRIDERS will not have anything traditionally associated with "Live Service" content though I imagine expansions or additional content will arrive if the game does well - which I think it will as it will have something AVENGERS desperately needed to have: full crossplay. Hopefully they include something similar to The Summit in this - though they do have the world tiers for each of the 15 end game dungeons so perhaps that will take as much time.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I think we're supposed to get a demo of it in early Feb that has all classes playable

Carpy wrote: »
    I think we're supposed to get a demo of it in early Feb that has all classes playable

End of February they are putting out a demo with all four classes. Meant to run until release which is an awful long time and suggests they are probably REALLY confident in the product.

edited January 2021

End of February they are putting out a demo with all four classes. Meant to run until release which is an awful long time and suggests they are probably REALLY confident in the product.

That's it, I couldn't remember what their February date was before they pushed it back to April. Quick search says 25th of February.

Edit: Do we have an Outriders thread?

Carpy on
    Blazed through Warlords in a couple of days while my squad buddies were busy with other stuff so I could get back to Washington with them after that. Yeah, Warlords sure was a change of pace.

Did they get rid of gear score for level 40 stuff?

edited January 2021
    Yup, it's just level 40 gear. If you look at the bars on the items you can see how good a roll it is for each stat and store those rolls at the recalibration bench (which consumes the item). Most importantly, once a stat or talent is stored in the bench you can use it again and again and again on every item you loot so there's not really any downside to storing them. However you can only use a single bench roll or change a single talent on a given item, so take care.

Once a roll is stored, you'll see a little chevron on that stat when you loot a relevant item, so you can quickly see if it's dismantle fodder or worth keeping for roll storage.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    Turns out cluster seeker mines were fun so now I pieced together a half-assed loadout for with what I had.

Heads up (ha, this will be funny in a second) there's an Apparel Event starting tomorrow, alongside that Resident Evil log in thing.

Also, the Reanimated global event is on tomorrow, changed so that the headshot cloud heals+buffs agents instead of damaging them, still hurts enemies. So tastydonuts does get their zombies...after a fashion.

7qmGNt5.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I've been hearing rumors that the RE-event was supposed to be bigger in that they were gonna turn the College into the Spencer Mansion briefly with a zombie-siege as the main portion of the event. Anyone else heard something about this?

Sounds like what was rumored for a Halloween event when the College released so it's probably that rumour come around again

7qmGNt5.png
    Yeah, I haven't really been able to pin down information on that "event" other than it was cancelled and all.

Tomorrow is also the next gen "patch" too, should be interesting.

Just to illustrate how hooked I got on the gameplay loop, I hit 40 last Friday and am now rank 32 in season 4.

edited February 2021
    Reddit post with screenshots of the RE outfits here.

Tomorrow we will open... that door.

edit: italics aren't urls!

edit2: Idk why it linked to that post, that url went to the gallery earlier... sorry o_O

tastydonuts on
    Yeah, dunno what the deal is with thta. when I pasted the URL in directly it showed me the gallery with images, but if i clicked that link it went to that other post... since that post was removed, if it had something offensive, sorry about that.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Backpack Trophies

T-Virus
    Jill Sandwich
    Zombie Hand
    RPD Badge
    Ink Ribbon
    Doberman
    Licker

Yes please.

Upgrooded Div 2 is pretty sexy looking, but 60+fps just gets boring to look at for too long... idk, just me.

I found a build that lets me deal 18+m damage headshot boops using my existing gear. I think I'm going to maybe recal to better match what they suggested but it well... works. So, for now I am no longer a tech sorcerer, but a head popper.

Also spontaneously killing the entire map with tick damage probably wouldn't be too helpful with reanimated active.

I am running my usual Hunter's Fury shotgun build and it is marvelous. Lullaby/Sweet Dreams is also good fun, knock em on their butt and then 1 shot to the head to stay down (and it counts as a melee kill for the event challenges)

7qmGNt5.png
    I fired up Warlords today, I seem to remember talk about blitzing through the story before doing any of the side missions otherwise you lose out on SHD cache levels, is that true?

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I fired up Warlords today, I seem to remember talk about blitzing through the story before doing any of the side missions otherwise you lose out on SHD cache levels, is that true?

You want to hit 40 and finish the story that will unlock SHD levels. You will grind out SHD levels for the rest of the game but having the side missions to do for the xp saved til after you finish the story helps out.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited February 2021
    Yep yep. It takes 700K xp per SHD level though, so in the long run you don't fully lose out on much if you choose to take the scenic route.

Each improvement from SHD level is broken into 50 increments, and it cycles categories you get points for too, so you're always going to be rounded and slowly improving from the system.

edit: The upgraded graphics Division 2 has crashed twice on my Series X today... which is more than it has in recent memory. D:

tastydonuts on
    edited February 2021
    I got a Test Subject from S4 with the two first attributes at max rolls, and a gear slot I'll keep slapping improved crit chance into.

Perfectly In Sync on it as well for that juicy cluster mine spam.

Downside is it has no rail slot.

Echo on
    I... really want a flamethrower drone.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Upgrooded Div 2 is pretty sexy looking, but 60+fps just gets boring to look at for too long... idk, just me.

I found a build that lets me deal 18+m damage headshot boops using my existing gear. I think I'm going to maybe recal to better match what they suggested but it well... works. So, for now I am no longer a tech sorcerer, but a head popper.

Also spontaneously killing the entire map with tick damage probably wouldn't be too helpful with reanimated active.

Wait how can a frame rate get boring to look at?

Prohass wrote: »

Wait how can a frame rate get boring to look at?

when watching/playing content at higher frame rates, it's just not as engaging to me? The movement gives me the sensation of driving down a very long, very straight highway, not so much playing a game. This is particularly noticeable to me when I play FPS games.