As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Picked this back up on Series X today. Damn its sexy at 60FPS and more detailed fog and textures.

Decided to roll a Hardcore and start from scratch, forgot basically all the early missions and came close to being dropped in the Hotel to free Odessa's kid. Having fun though, probably going to focus shield and repair drone for maximum damage mitigation and every elemental defense buff i can find.

Just like Diablo, the sense of danger does add a nice adrenaline boost and has me focused on using all of the environment and a lot more rolling and cover to cover movement from what I'm used to.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Finished the manhunt yesterday, and uh...
    If literally every mission we go on we kill pretty much everybody, or just about everybody dies on both sides anyway... how would our defeating Lau to stop her from telling everyone we killed the president instead of her make any difference given "the president is going to the Camp White Oak" and "the Division was also at Camp White Oak" intersect?

Fun mission overall, but it was basically my default loadout.

o_o

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    dkTCiWYh.png

Yeah boy, responding to a random Answer The Call was the right call for me tonight.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Didn't have time or inclination to secure the Nemesis mask, but my new Hardcore chick is looking fierce in Claire's jacket and Jill's beret, which I was able to get unlocked.

Edit: here be her:

2lq20ilnfe5n.jpg

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I wanted to roll a new hardcore character but I couldn't find my division 1 face... I thought those heads were added too? Or maybe I was misremembering...

are the commendations for hardcore characters shared account wide? I saw do the raid as a hardcore character, but if you're a normal character it's... not possible?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I can use my 500 Club patch on my regular agent (as evidenced on the other page) so I imagine they are cross character for everything else.

Also today took advantage of the adjustments to Optimization costs so now I've got MAX STATS on my main gear

that extra 6-8% across all the bits is going to make all the difference I can tell

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've finally got round to this series and am currently playing through Division 1.

I'll put this in spoilers
    I just ran into the LMB and holy fuck they're way tougher than the other factions.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/2MaVWnNfnfQ128qCKaUE3w/an-update-on-the-tom-clancys-the-division-universe
    2 new Division games coming:
    Heartland, a free-to-play game for consoles and PC developed by Red Storm, releasing this year or next. You can sign up for the beta here: https://register.ubisoft.com/division-experience/en-US
    A currently unnamed and further undetailed free-to-play mobile game, which is separate from Heatland

https://youtu.be/OQRUIHXDBQs

A new multiplayer-FPS under the Tom Clancy name was just announced and it has ties to the Division games as well as a couple of other TC franchises.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I'm honestly baffled as to what they're trying to achieve with Xdefiant. Besides looking like every other FPS class shooter out there, the whole design just seems off. Most people come to Tom Clancy games expecting mature, military action adventures, (even if the games do delve into silliness sometimes) and I don't see how a wacky, punk rock aesthetic is going to attract them. It feels like a lame attempt to emulate Fortnite's colourful world.

Also, if the big hook is playing characters from the Tom Clancy universe, why not put in actual characters from the past games? I would be down for a shooter where you could have big names like Sam Fisher, Tachanka and Cole Walker battling against each other. Instead you can play as one of the random garbage guys from the Division? Who wants that?

T-Danger on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was excited to hear about something new Tom Clancy, but then I watched that trailer.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Haven't they announced the next Division anyways?

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    That game is very much not for us. It’s clearly just going after the youthes

I felt ten years older watching it. Like several frames in I instantly recognised it as something not for me almost without any specific reasoning, like a sound I couldn’t hear cos it plays at a pitch only young people can pick up

Prohass on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Feels like something designed by olds for what they think youths like now?

It's trying way too hard.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, felt like they want some of that Overwatch/Apex Legends cookie and then designed by committee.

7jxblpe42oti.png

Echo on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Just...stop putting Splinter Cell in things that aren't a new Splinter Cell, either let it die or stop teasing and make a new one

A Single Player, or at worst optional 2 Player one

7qmGNt5.png
    This is Ubisoft attempting to hoover up the CoD fanbase who are:
    • not interested in Warzone
    • Getting fucked off with Activision charging £££££ for a Call of Duty game, then dumping it after a year to move onto the next.

A 6v6 shooter with a fast TTK + them promsing to support this for years to come is exactly what the multiplayer CoD fanbase want.

Will be watching this one.

Anticheat better be good though.

Tom Clancy's Reminder that Ubisoft Owns Tom Clancy's Name.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Every now and then I wonder what kind of marketing/brand value attaching his name to games still has. He died eight years ago.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I watched that trailer as well and it reminded me of the 90s, just needed to be called XDefiantZ and then have more muscles, mutton chops, pouches and grimaces.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Tom Clancy games will eventually be abbreviated to TC and then like KFC the Tom Clancy part will be taken out and we'll just see Ubisofts latest shootarama as part of their TC brand.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2021
    So... did you guys notice the "XD" has the yellow filled crosshair underlay to represent the XD emoji?

Some one put a lot of time and effort into this, fellow kids.

edit: it is also heresy, because the XD emoji is pure text and doesn't need a yellow circle. D:

tastydonuts on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    So... did you guys notice the "XD" has the yellow filled crosshair underlay to represent the XD emoji?

Some one put a lot of time and effort into this, fellow kids.

edit: it is also heresy, because the XD emoji is pure text and doesn't need a yellow circle. D:

well that just makes it even worse.... HELLO FELLOW KIDS WHO WANTS A CHEESE STRING AND THEN SHOOT MANS... TO THE MAX!

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It takes bold, out of touch visionary to look at an oversaturated market and boldly proclaim: me too!

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    It takes bold, out of touch visionary to look at an oversaturated market and boldly proclaim: me too!

The only question is which lasts longer: this or Hyper Scape

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I totally forgot about hyperscape, is that still a thing?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Preacher wrote: »

I totally forgot about hyperscape, is that still a thing?

lol no

It was released in August and soft-cancelled in October, with Ubisoft saying they were going back to the drawing board to revamp it

There has been no word of it since.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    Hyperscape was a big mistake from UBi.

The BR market is massively over saturated.

Attempting to poach the "I play COD but don't like the direction of the series" is actually a smart move.

Quite a few COD content creators on youtube seem interested in the game. One of them (Xclusive Ace) even consulted on it.

Karl wrote: »

Attempting to poach the "I play COD but don't like the direction of the series" is actually a smart move.

Quite a few COD content creators on youtube seem interested in the game. One of them (Xclusive Ace) even consulted on it.

Lol weird I wonder why he'd be so excited about it then

LxX6eco.jpg

Xclusive ace has been quite vocal about how 6v6 CoD is (in his view) being sidelined by Activsion for Warzone. I agree. It started with Modern Warfare and Cold War was even worse. Every CoD dev takes over Warzone development when they launch their own CoD game in the series. And everything is geared to funnel into Warzone. The multiplayer side of CoD has been made secondary in terms of new content.

If (and that's a big IF here) Ubi pull this off, they're going to have a major player base for the game.

Xclusive ace has been quite vocal about how 6v6 CoD is (in his view) being sidelined by Activsion for Warzone. I agree. It started with Modern Warfare and Cold War was even worse. Every CoD dev takes over Warzone development when they launch their own CoD game in the series. And everything is geared to funnel into Warzone. The multiplayer side of CoD has been made secondary in terms of new content.

If (and that's a big IF here) Ubi pull this off, they're going to have a major player base for the game.

Oh I don't care about his thoughts on Call of Duty, I care about his thoughts on the game he actively worked (is working?) on.

LxX6eco.jpg
    And speaking of shitty Ubisoft spinoffs, that terrible mobile game that used BLM iconography for the terrorists is getting shut down after less than a year

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-is-shutting-down-tom-clancys-elite-squad-after-just-a-year/

LxX6eco.jpg

Oh I don't care about his thoughts on Call of Duty, I care about his thoughts on the game he actively worked (is working?) on.

"Worked" is the operative word. He consulted a year ago. He also thinks the name is dumb (and it is) but he was positive about the gun play:

https://youtu.be/ftYwI-YI664

I 100% do not trust streamers after Apex Legends literally paid top content creators to push their game. Apex wasn't a bad game, but none of those mother fuckers had "sponsored" in their streams yet were taking money from EA to push it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    I apparently inherited PC Clan Commandership. I hadn't played in ages and popped on and it it decided to give it to me.
    If anyone plans on coming back for any of the new updates that are coming up this year. Feel free to let me know and I can pass over leadership to you.

Nooo my crown!

Nah it's good :) I'll be keeping an eye out though, anything that even sniffs of Survival and I'm coming running

7qmGNt5.png
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    On the surface, I think this new Heartland is going to be something akin to Survival from Div 1. But I haven't done more than read a few surface level descriptions. Not sure how close it will be to that mode.

https://youtu.be/HVXCDNRDNq8

The Division 2's pushing forward with new content that'll finally pick up the story since the events of Season 4. It'll also introduce a new game mode called Countdown.
    Countdown is a new 8-player endgame mode for The Division 2. Two groups of four SHD agents are deployed to a power plant to prevent a lockdown. Racing against the clock, the agents must work together to secure the site and stabilize the power plant. Believing their mission is complete the agents prepare for extraction and are pursued by heavily armed and technologically advanced hostiles.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What’s the PC population like these days?

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    What’s the PC population like these days?

I logged on a few weeks ago and either I had been kicked from the clan (which is fine… it has been like 3 years since I last played) or it had autodisbanded. Which is a lot of words to say I don’t know.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391