As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So do we have room in Pax Arcadia on PC? For a while we had to use the overflow Woe Bundy, which seems almost dead these days.

If someone sweeps out all the inactive agents, very likely.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    For some reason there's a raid icon underneath the whitehouse on my minimap. not sure if it was there and I've just been ignoring it all this time or not though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So do we have room in Pax Arcadia on PC? For a while we had to use the overflow Woe Bundy, which seems almost dead these days.

If someone sweeps out all the inactive agents, very likely.

I was going to sweep out inactives just after the March content comes out. I think we have room right now though

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I found the Pistol flashlight blueprint off some random mob.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    There were a couple of spaces when I applied last night.

• Options
    Really wish they had a Last Stand gametype in The Division 2... actually been doing some conflict... working on PVP stuff to get the dark zone achievements out of the way.

When did they remove normalization from PVP? If you click your numbers don't change. If there isn't normalization, what's the difference between the ODZ and DZ now?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Clearly the O.

• Options
    So I spent all weekend playing this, and I have gleaned some thrilling insights:

I bought one of the two new sparrows from the Crimson Doubles in Destiny 2 and as such, did not need to buy the other. I thought I did, but really, I did not because FOMO can kiss my pale ass. Continuing that thought on the uselessness of loot, I basically sold or dismantled everything but mods that I found in Division 2 over the past three days, unless it was a Vector, cause those things are rad looking. Oh, I kept some G36s as well, because they still appear to be lasers.

Eventually, when you've seen three people in shorts and tank tops fighting a guy in Fallout style power armor with a minigun, you just keep going because fuck those people, all of them.

The unlocks for the various specialties no longer blow goats. They're actually not bad at all and you get some widgets out of it.

Trying for one plan out of the multitude of plans I still have yet to see kinda feels bad, but I guess I'll get that Vector plan eventually, after getting the plans for a great many things I don't give a shit about. Perhaps I could buy the plans in the future, that would feel much better.

Attacking a control point or a little event and having other events blend in or just randomly show up feels awesome - when you win. When you lose, man, fuck that elite patrol and elite parcel delivery that showed up from opposite sides at the same time.

I answered a whole lot of help calls this weekend. Sometimes i got endorsed, but the times I put out the call, I could not endorse; there was no option. So that kinda made me look like a prick I think.

Just roaming the city is fun, there's always some shenanigans to get into, more often than not, involves killing people. Those people have it coming, because a lot of the time they strut towards you with their shitty little machine pistol turned sideways, as if they were invincible. They are not, they can be set on fire then shot to death and it is immediately satisfying. In an impressive blow for equality, you can kill women too! Sometimes old women, who went to the zoo to see the polar bears. Get fucked, old lady.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Did the person (or you) leave before filling the assist bar? If they did, you can't endorse them.

also what the hell are you on about in the latter part of your post?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I tried assisting for the first time tonight. First party the dude just chilled at the Whitehouse for 5 minutes so I left. Second dude was level 7, same as me, and determined to do a level 12 mission. After being brutally slaughtered 3 or 4 times I fucked off. Hopefully I can try again tomorrow and meet with some more success.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have no idea how to actually equip skill mods.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

I can make/have room in Pax Arcadia 2, which was the double overflow I inherited. (still don't know where/what clan projects are though)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Assuming you're talking about the mods you put on your abilities, you must have enough skill power to use a given mod. The skill mod menu can be found by pressing "X" (or its equivalent on your platform) when looking at your character inventory and highlighting the slot. You can also press "X" to mod a specific skill from the selection screen that shows all your skills in your inventory.

Assuming you're talking about the mods that you put on gear to improve abilities and you are above level 30, the equipment you're using must have a yellow (util) slot in order to mod it in it. Universal mods cannot be used in tiered gear.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular

This is going to change most likely during the Warlord of NYC expansion or slightly after if there are production delays.

Like a previous poster stated, the mods for your abilities require a certain amount of skill power. Some mods will say, "Needs 1,300 skill power." If you skill power is 900 or below 1,300, you can't equip it.

After Warlord of NYC, there will now be skill tiers. Details are still coming in as to how it's going to fully work, but the higher your skill tier the more powerful your skills will become. I think mods will instead be items you use to change the characteristics of your skill. But, not confirmed yet. They talked about some of the changes in the State of the Game but haven't given solid, locked down details except that Skill tiers will be a thing.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    There's no way to transfer crafting materials to an alt is there?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options

This is going to change most likely during the Warlord of NYC expansion or slightly after if there are production delays.

Like a previous poster stated, the mods for your abilities require a certain amount of skill power. Some mods will say, "Needs 1,300 skill power." If you skill power is 900 or below 1,300, you can't equip it.

After Warlord of NYC, there will now be skill tiers. Details are still coming in as to how it's going to fully work, but the higher your skill tier the more powerful your skills will become. I think mods will instead be items you use to change the characteristics of your skill. But, not confirmed yet. They talked about some of the changes in the State of the Game but haven't given solid, locked down details except that Skill tiers will be a thing.

Some of them have the power level and I meet them, but I don't see how to actually equip them. Same with the general mods. With weapons you can do it right on the weapon, but I don't see that option.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Some of them have the power level and I meet them, but I don't see how to actually equip them. Same with the general mods. With weapons you can do it right on the weapon, but I don't see that option.

On the main skills screen (or the main inventory screen) you can press the "mod platform" button and go from there. Same for armour, there's a button on the main inventory screen or also in the sub menu for each slot iirc.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    After months away from this, there is no point grinding out gear until March?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    If you're getting the expansion, nope, apparently level 31 gear is better than 500GS stuff. If you're staying with the base game..maybe? Base GS cap is going up to 515 so it's not as much of a "waste".

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I did a bunch of assisting hoping for level four control points, and that seems to be what most free roam ones are. Honestly have no idea about the assist bar, dunno where that is even.

I mean, you could turn new gear into cash. I assume there will always be a use for cash. Material limits are better but still feels easy to cap.

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    After months away from this, there is no point grinding out gear until March?

Nah, just do unlocks for any specializations you need, maybe hunt for an exotic or two, I am sure they will have some sort of blueprint to upgrade those to whatever the new max level is.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options

On the main skills screen (or the main inventory screen) you can press the "mod platform" button and go from there. Same for armour, there's a button on the main inventory screen or also in the sub menu for each slot iirc.

posted a response that said that already. Maybe he has a different issue? IDK.

• Options
    On PC at least, it can be sorta finicky. Sometimes you click to highlight and end up bringing up details. In the main inventory screen, I usually use the cursor keys to move around the various items, highlighting the one I want then hit F and voila, up comes the mod screen. Once you have the mod screen, select the slot, and it will give you a list of possible mods. Some will have a little chain link icon, saying they're in another item. Double click the one you want and it will socket it.

I think if you double click one that's already socketed, it will even pop up and say it's in this already, want to move it?

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    There's no way to transfer crafting materials to an alt is there?

If you talk to Inaya and purchase the account sharing item she offers. You can share blueprints across characters but not materials. Anything your character knows how to build can be shared with alts.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Shepherd thing is pretty interesting. Did a bit of that today. Anecdotal summary of experience here.

Terribly amusing that during launch and before shepherd calls for help were annoying, but now they're like rarer and wanted.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    On PC at least, it can be sorta finicky. Sometimes you click to highlight and end up bringing up details. In the main inventory screen, I usually use the cursor keys to move around the various items, highlighting the one I want then hit F and voila, up comes the mod screen. Once you have the mod screen, select the slot, and it will give you a list of possible mods. Some will have a little chain link icon, saying they're in another item. Double click the one you want and it will socket it.

I think if you double click one that's already socketed, it will even pop up and say it's in this already, want to move it?
    Okay, the problem was I was looking at the wrong screen to actually mod the thing.

• Options
    Shepherd thing is pretty interesting. Did a bit of that today. Anecdotal summary of experience here.

Terribly amusing that during launch and before shepherd calls for help were annoying, but now they're like rarer and wanted.

I had to look up how to call for help. Wish it was a hotkey, maybe it can be, annoying to go into a menu to ask for help.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »

I had to look up how to call for help. Wish it was a hotkey, maybe it can be, annoying to go into a menu to ask for help.

If you die you also have the option to call from help from the respawn prompt. At that point there is a commendation for the rescuing player to revive and continue to play with you through an objective w/o using a healing kit too... but most people just respawn before the call completes.

You should be able to call for help from the map too, at least you can on console.

• Options
    Invaded Zoo and Invaded White Oak was pretty fun. Nice going in and not knowing what you will be running into.

Was playing around with 4 piece Raid set armor, wasnt impressed with the Demo set bonus, might browse some builds and see what folks do with that.

I did like the sharpshooter set, used an SVD for racking up the cards and giving buffs out to the rest of the team. But you really are dependent on what red rolls you get on each piece. Would be nice to have a chest and backpack so I could swap out some of other pieces to get the perks I like rolling with but that means doing the Raid..

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cassie Mendoza sells pieces of the raid sets now, Aces & Eights etc. (Think the clan vendor did before reset as well)

I’ve also gotten one as a drop.

I’d gladly burn all my gear for D3-FNC.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Cassie Mendoza sells pieces of the raid sets now, Aces & Eights etc. (Think the clan vendor did before reset as well)

Actually, all of the raid armor pieces are available as random drops as well. The only thing that won't drop is the Eagle Bearer.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options

Actually, all of the raid armor pieces are available as random drops as well. The only thing that won't drop is the Eagle Bearer.

Chest and Backpack are raid exclusive, which is a shame

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

Only pieces I haven't seen is chest piece and backpack, pretty sure those are still locked behind the raid.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Oh, is that how it is?

So stupid.

Eaglebearer should just be able to drop in the Discovery mode of the raid for consoles, not our fault that the developers were too lazy to both tune the raid right for us and to make proper rewards for playing it, its 99% garbage drops like the rest of the 500 ilevel experience.

Should have made it 4 man as well, demanding 8 people teams for forgettable loot and an insanely slim chance at Eaglebearer is being delusional.

I hope Warlords fixes a bunch of this stupid shit going forward but not exactly holding my breath, the last DZ changes has been the complete opposites of what I wanted from them.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Oh, is that how it is?

So stupid.

Eaglebearer should just be able to drop in the Discovery mode of the raid for consoles, not our fault that the developers were too lazy to both tune the raid right for us and to make proper rewards for playing it, its 99% garbage drops like the rest of the 500 ilevel experience.

Should have made it 4 man as well.

I mean doesn't matter too much, you can still experience the set bonus, just limits you on what you can play around with for builds. You are still better off running yellows instead of going for the sets, but they can be fun

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm a little sad I never got to attempt the raid. It dropped shortly before I took a long hiatus from the game and even with our active player base in the clan I could never wrangle 7 other people to run it. Most of my time lately has been running lower WT with a friend of mine and his friends (they all grabbed the game on when it went on mega-sale) so hopefully I can drag them into WT5 and do all the new content that I've missed in the last 9 months.

• Options
    If the leader leaves the raid group, it kicks the full party back to the beginning. (I know this from experience)

Its like babys first raid.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Is there any room in the PS4 guild? Me and a few friends grabbed this on sale and at first were going to make our own but it is hard to get all 4 of us on at the same time.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I'm a little sad I never got to attempt the raid. It dropped shortly before I took a long hiatus from the game and even with our active player base in the clan I could never wrangle 7 other people to run it. Most of my time lately has been running lower WT with a friend of mine and his friends (they all grabbed the game on when it went on mega-sale) so hopefully I can drag them into WT5 and do all the new content that I've missed in the last 9 months.

I never did the raid before either, but Division devs set up a raid channel you can use on Discord. So, you can totally join a channel with randos and complete the raid that way.

There's also DISCOVERY mode which allows you to run the raid on an easier difficulty but you won't get any chance to get the eagle bearer.

So there's plenty of ways to play the raid even if your friends have gone off. I've been playing solo for a while so I had no choice but to use the discord channel and play with randos.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »

I never did the raid before either, but Division devs set up a raid channel you can use on Discord. So, you can totally join a channel with randos and complete the raid that way.

There's also DISCOVERY mode which allows you to run the raid on an easier difficulty but you won't get any chance to get the eagle bearer.

So there's plenty of ways to play the raid even if your friends have gone off. I've been playing solo for a while so I had no choice but to use the discord channel and play with randos.

That's good to know. Going to have to find their discord channel. How long does the raid typically last?