As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    One just dropped for me and I'm kinda meh on it. I can't figure out how to rapidly fire the binary trigger fast enough and that primer feature it has doesn't seem to work on a semi auto gun. I do like how it randomly deals explosion damage so that's good, but not being able to attach any mods to it is kinda a bummer.

Though hot damn that exotic holster is AMAZING. running around with insta reload LMGs makes my life nice and tidy.

Its not as crazy as it used to be, folks were taking out the big armored guys in like 2 hits or something like that. If you can stack the primers on a guy it still packs a wallop when you hit with a detonator

Yeah the whole stacking primer thing doesn't make sense. Like, it's a semi auto gun, so that means when I let my finger off the trigger to fire the 2nd shot, I've already detonated the primer...is it one of those things that gets better if you're in a group with multiple pestilences stacking primers or something? because otherwise I can't see how that feature would work.

If you want bigger booms you have to either deliberately miss the release shot or swap between targets, it's very dumb and should probably change to something like the Historian from Div 1 (detonate after a delay) or just be every X shots is a detonator and make it more about consistent pop-pop-pop-bang shooting

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    One just dropped for me and I'm kinda meh on it. I can't figure out how to rapidly fire the binary trigger fast enough and that primer feature it has doesn't seem to work on a semi auto gun. I do like how it randomly deals explosion damage so that's good, but not being able to attach any mods to it is kinda a bummer.

Though hot damn that exotic holster is AMAZING. running around with insta reload LMGs makes my life nice and tidy.

Its not as crazy as it used to be, folks were taking out the big armored guys in like 2 hits or something like that. If you can stack the primers on a guy it still packs a wallop when you hit with a detonator

Yeah the whole stacking primer thing doesn't make sense. Like, it's a semi auto gun, so that means when I let my finger off the trigger to fire the 2nd shot, I've already detonated the primer...is it one of those things that gets better if you're in a group with multiple pestilences stacking primers or something? because otherwise I can't see how that feature would work.

If you want bigger booms you have to either deliberately miss the release shot or swap between targets, it's very dumb and should probably change to something like the Historian from Div 1 (detonate after a delay) or just be every X shots is a detonator and make it more about consistent pop-pop-pop-bang shooting

Yeah, once they nerfed the gun the benefits of intentionally missing shots was gone. Give me ol' popcorn back.

The 1-stack burn was OP, but 5-stack was deliberate effort.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    ahh ok so I'm not crazy then. Meh, it's definitely nice, but as the old saying goes, "Quantity has a quality all its own" *pats 150 round belt of freedom*

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Getting the hang of the Nemisis while in Demo spec. Had some fun in the DZ taking a landmark using it. Was nice getting a 1.5mil shot off.

Now then, on to newbie question again. How does one actually attain a piece of gear with decent stats? I hear about the large numbers possible but I’ve only seen one 32% number so far. Do I need to craft? Or DZ? Or just Rngesus hates me?

Edit: Ya, got a Pestilence!!! Boo got ganked before I could get it out of the dark zone :-1:

Well, the actual number range achievable varies depending on both the attribute itself and the piece of gear that it's on. So health% range is different than crit%, and crit% range on a chest is different than crit% range on a holster. Getting better rolls is largely just pulling the RNG lever a whole bunch and knowing what you're looking for. There aren't different loot tables amongst the end game activities (with a few exceptions for gear sets), so DZ won't drop different items than missions, for example.

The biggest shift in thinking when you get to endgame is that unlike when you're leveling through the world tiers, gear score doesn't matter. So long as it's 450+, just ignore it, because the actual talent and attribute rolls are far, far more important. There's a ton that goes into building a good outfit, and I think this Reddit post does a great job of walking through that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b53t9k/a_step_by_step_basic_guide_on_how_to_build_your/

Edit: Also, don't craft anything but mods for now. Because it can't be used for recalibration, crafted gear is almost useless right now. This will be fixed in the next big patch, so just save your mats until then.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I do realize that certain attributes get certain scores. I should have said my 32% was in DTE. I can't seem to find an Assault Rifle over 4%, and other things like that. It would seem that RNG just hates me. And I'm still a bit grumpy about losing my Pestilence.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Yeah, there's a ton of RNG and not a lot by way of mitigating it.

FYI, DZ South is selling a Gila backpack with 18.5% armor and hardened, which brings it to a whopping 33.5% armor from one gear piece.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Most of those lil stat changes are relatively minor even up to WT5. There could be say, a +10% total health blue bit. But most drops will be around +6%. DTE gets up to like +50% or something crazy, but you’ll usually get up to +30%. Highest I e seen specific weapon damage on gloves is +12%.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

FYI, DZ South is selling a Gila backpack with 18.5% armor and hardened, which brings it to a whopping 33.5% armor from one gear piece.

Damn where are the dark zone vendors again? Or is this the black market guy you have to make randomly spawn in there?

• Options

Damn where are the dark zone vendors again? Or is this the black market guy you have to make randomly spawn in there?

Fast travel to the DZ entrance. It's the dude sitting in a lawn chair by the door.

• Options
    Cheers thanks!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Got the Clan feature unlocked. Any room for me to join up? I put my name in the spreadsheet as requested on the OP.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Got the Clan feature unlocked. Any room for me to join up? I put my name in the spreadsheet as requested on the OP.

You put your name on the old list for Division one on Xbox, is that the platform you are on?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Damn that backpack is niiiice. 18.5% bonus armor, plus the 5% gila set bonus, plus Hardened 10% brings me up to 313k armor. I don't think I'll be giving up this pack for a while now. Now I just need to make sure I maintain a Petrove 1pc for the 10%LMG damage bonus and I should be good. I see what folks were complaining about the endgame lootgame. Juggling all the various set pieces to maintain the various bonuses is proving to be a frankly rough sell.

In other news i've finally upgraded the gunner specialization quite nicely. The minigun now properly shreds, it's still technically weaker than either of my LMGs but the 1k RPM makes up for it at least. I pretty much only use it when enemies are blind rushing me or in groups because standing up out of cover with this thing is asking to get my face melted off.

Also for the LMG folks, what damage numbers are you guys running at? Currently my primary M60 is sitting around 33k damage with my 2ndary M249 sitting at around 29k. I haven't seen a an upgrade for at least a couple of weeks now, are those basically the highest they'll go until we get new weapons or have folks managed to roll luckier stats? Both are running unhinged if it helps.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

You put your name on the old list for Division one on Xbox, is that the platform you are on?

Oh, sorry. Yeah, both games on the XB1. One sec, I'll put it on the right list now.

• Options
    Damn that backpack is niiiice. 18.5% bonus armor, plus the 5% gila set bonus, plus Hardened 10% brings me up to 313k armor. I don't think I'll be giving up this pack for a while now. Now I just need to make sure I maintain a Petrove 1pc for the 10%LMG damage bonus and I should be good. I see what folks were complaining about the endgame lootgame. Juggling all the various set pieces to maintain the various bonuses is proving to be a frankly rough sell.

In other news i've finally upgraded the gunner specialization quite nicely. The minigun now properly shreds, it's still technically weaker than either of my LMGs but the 1k RPM makes up for it at least. I pretty much only use it when enemies are blind rushing me or in groups because standing up out of cover with this thing is asking to get my face melted off.

Also for the LMG folks, what damage numbers are you guys running at? Currently my primary M60 is sitting around 33k damage with my 2ndary M249 sitting at around 29k. I haven't seen a an upgrade for at least a couple of weeks now, are those basically the highest they'll go until we get new weapons or have folks managed to roll luckier stats? Both are running unhinged if it helps.

running a bloodsucker build, with compensated and my m60 is around 30k. I've got it up much higher but I lose great perks so I am ok with it being at where it is.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    When does do vendors reset? Think I want to pick up that backpack, but I don't really run Gila that often.

• Options

running a bloodsucker build, with compensated and my m60 is around 30k. I've got it up much higher but I lose great perks so I am ok with it being at where it is.

Cheers thanks for the comparison. Ok so that sounds about where I'm at. I'm running gloves with another 10% LMG damage along with my Petrov Chest's 10% LMG damage so that's probably where the extra is coming from. Now I just need to find better rolled knaestaad knee protectors (Patience AND Damage to elite perks hell yes) and I should be good.

• Options
    When does do vendors reset? Think I want to pick up that backpack, but I don't really run Gila that often.

I believe they reset in Thursday?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Finding new LMGs to slap Unhinged on is a pain in the meck. Especially when the damage number seems to change from on the ground to in your inventory.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I believe they reset in Thursday?

https://division.zone/the-division-2/reset-timers/

• Options
    Tweaked my pistol build some more, liberty is sitting at just over 100k DPS.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I finally got 1st in Damage with something around 145 Mil? Whatever the number was, everyone was at 70’sh and I had the 145.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Gah, so I decided to dip my toes into the dark zone after hearing that apparently named enemies in there can drop exotics or something? Went into DZ South and started clearing landmarks and was going smoothly enough. One agent went rogue and tried to gank me, and after cover hugging in circles for a bit I managed to survive and boogie out of there. Manage to get an extraction off and another rogue agent starts attacking other nearby agents also trying to do the extraction. Freaking thing was practically invulnerable. I dumped over 200 rounds into them and never broke their armor, meanwhile they're spazzing out all over the place and they two shot me with a pump shotgun.

That's enough DZ for a while...

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Today's SotG:
    -Seeker Mines with 5 second cooldowns from skill haste are going to be a thing!?

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Gah, so I decided to dip my toes into the dark zone after hearing that apparently named enemies in there can drop exotics or something? Went into DZ South and started clearing landmarks and was going smoothly enough. One agent went rogue and tried to gank me, and after cover hugging in circles for a bit I managed to survive and boogie out of there. Manage to get an extraction off and another rogue agent starts attacking other nearby agents also trying to do the extraction. Freaking thing was practically invulnerable. I dumped over 200 rounds into them and never broke their armor, meanwhile they're spazzing out all over the place and they two shot me with a pump shotgun.

Likely a bloodsucker build, and yea shotguns are broken again in PVP.

I don’t bother with the DZ anymore, either you run the current broken build of the month or you are fodder. Which is a shame as I would love to get a pestilence

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Today's SotG:
    -Seeker Mines with 5 second cooldowns from skill haste are going to be a thing!?

Seeker mines need to have their +mines mod actually be useful.

If I have +8 mines and there are 5 guys, 3 of those guys need to eat that double dip.

If there's 1 guy and I have +8 mines well he damn well better explode lots.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

I don’t bother with the DZ anymore, either you run the current broken build of the month or you are fodder. Which is a shame as I would love to get a pestilence

Yeah it was just absurd. I mean I was fighting from an elevated position, in cover dumping my m60 into them, they ate a grenade on top if it, and they were able to simply climb up to my next and two shot me without ever cracking their armor. I guess the only thing to do is poke around in there at super odd hours or something because that is frankly just stupid.

• Options

Yeah it was just absurd. I mean I was fighting from an elevated position, in cover dumping my m60 into them, they ate a grenade on top if it, and they were able to simply climb up to my next and two shot me without ever cracking their armor. I guess the only thing to do is poke around in there at super odd hours or something because that is frankly just stupid.

If I recall the build utilizes high armour value along with bloodsucker and another ability that increases armour regen when an ability is active. You end up getting a massive amount of blue overarmor while active and every time you break someone’s armour you get a mess of armour back from bloodsucker

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    They're increasing the foam grenade radius to 3 meters from 2. Hmm, it may just barely be useable now. The gunner class is neat for its perks, but the weapon itself and grenade are duds. Having two out of three (perks, grenade, weapon) be good is viable. Almost as good as demo, which does have solid perks (not quite as good for an LMG, but amazing explosives), arguably the best weapon, but also a crappy grenade.

Frag grenade is kind of butts. However, as demo you can just switch back to normal grenade and make the most of your extra explosive damage, which is nice.

• Options
    BTW: In case you're wondering/see it come up:

Also, how not to discourage speculation after saying one weapon was accidentally made better than others:

—BUT—

Presently the P416 isn't on the nerf block.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I just read those tweets as “We fucked up weapon balance and want to do a quick and easy fix instead of fixing the real problem, that some guns are just severely underperforming and not worth using, better look at one of the guns touted as being the best?”

Also, just one outlier? Black Market M60 says “Hi”.

I dont trust their weapon balance one bit, their newly balanced Pestilence still does pitiful damage and is not worthy of being called an “Exotic”.

Note, I dont even have a P416 but the game is already bulletspongey as is and I’d rather have them putting my AR up to P416’s level.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I just read those tweets as “We fucked up weapon balance and want to do a quick and easy fix instead of fixing the real problem, that some guns are just outright terrible and not worth using.”

I dont trust their weapon balance one bit, their newly balanced Pestilence still does pitiful damage and is not worthy of being called an “Exotic”.

1000 times this. As one reddit comment put it:

"Damn is he being disingenuous. Firstly, not every single weapon, just the other ARs if you want them all in line. Secondly, the custom P416 is clearly not an OP weapon that trivializes PVE content, or makes fighting against it in PVP a losing proposition. In fact it's not even the meta gun in PVP. Which means there's absolutely no need to rebalance everything if they were to bring the other ARs closer to the custom P416. Its current damage output doesn't break anything, so if G36s, ACRs, Famases etc got closer, nothing would break either. He simply has to know this if he has any connection with the game in practice, not just the code."

Its just ignoring that certain weapon classes need comprehensive rebalance.

And look, as someone who has been maining LMGs since D1, we all know the writing on the wall for our beloved M60s this time around. They're the best LMG, by a significant gap. And lord knows they're going to nerf the shit out of it instead of buffing the rest.

The worst part is that M60s being popular is just another facet of the Expanded Mag Meta, where having large magazines is everything. The FAMAS is great on paper but crippled by a 30 round mag only.

• Options
    I just read those tweets as “We fucked up weapon balance and want to do a quick and easy fix instead of fixing the real problem, that some guns are just outright terrible and not worth using.”

Yeah I was about to say, I've been sitting with the same Black Market M60/M249 secondary for two weeks and emptied my inventory multiple times and still haven't seen a comparable weapon to replace them damage wise (33.3k/28.5k) respectively. Kinda want a faster firing LMG for my 2ndary for OHSHI- moments, but the damage falloff by going with say an MG5 or RPK is just not worth the trade off. (Plus the mag based LMGs can't benefit from the +50 round attachment on top of it. ) And I finally looked up the pestilence LMG stats and good lord...that is a TERRIBLE exotic...even for PVE. Even the AI knows to boogie out of clouds of stuff (oh hey chem launcher looking at you) and the fact the bulk of the gun's damage comes from that is just...gah stupid. The only way I see it working is in groups when you have other players surpressing groups of initial mooks in a cqb section or something, and even then, that doesn't look like it would happen enough for it to matter vs the lack of damage.
    They're increasing the foam grenade radius to 3 meters from 2. Hmm, it may just barely be useable now. The gunner class is neat for its perks, but the weapon itself and grenade are duds. Having two out of three (perks, grenade, weapon) be good is viable. Almost as good as demo, which does have solid perks (not quite as good for an LMG, but amazing explosives), arguably the best weapon, but also a crappy grenade.

Frag grenade is kind of butts. However, as demo you can just switch back to normal grenade and make the most of your extra explosive damage, which is nice.

Yeah I have to admit, I'm now trying to farm up +Weapon damage mods and perks versus +LMG damage as a backup plan to see if I can make the Minigun worthwhile. The fact I can't fire it from cover just introduces so many negative aspects to it I kinda miss Demo honestly, but that +50 mag pouch is just damn good, and not having to worrying about farming up the +20% mag perk weapons is a decent tradeoff. I've buffed my pistol damage now so that P320 perk pistol hits for 56k per shot on a 26 round mag (nice).

• Options
    I just read those tweets as “We fucked up weapon balance and want to do a quick and easy fix instead of fixing the real problem, that some guns are just severely underperforming and not worth using, better look at one of the guns touted as being the best?”

Note, I dont even have a P416 but the game is already bulletspongey as is and I’d rather have them putting my AR up to P416’s level.

I have one, without even optimizing for AR it sits in the mid 18k DPS, its ROF is faster my previous two ARs of choice (ACR and I forget the other one) those ones were around the same DPS with less ROF. Not to mention the P416 is a goddamn laser in regards to stability and accuracy (though that just might be my build.. )

That said I had no issue laying waste to enemies with the other ARs, challenging content is pretty easy breezy, and the heroics I have run aren't terrible either (not that I do them often, not worth the time atm)

Of course I am also on PC, and have played the game a fuckton so have a nice selection of gear/mods (thanks surgery) so my perception on bulletsponges may be skewed, so far I haven't ran into anything that was as spongy as mobs from Div 1, maybe heavies and robodogs.

So far the P416 is hands down the best AR in the game, so much so there is no point using another unless you get a shit roll P416, it probably needs a nerf, likely the black market m60 as well (which I love and is my go to LMG)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

1000 times this. As one reddit comment put it:

"Damn is he being disingenuous. Firstly, not every single weapon, just the other ARs if you want them all in line. Secondly, the custom P416 is clearly not an OP weapon that trivializes PVE content, or makes fighting against it in PVP a losing proposition. In fact it's not even the meta gun in PVP. Which means there's absolutely no need to rebalance everything if they were to bring the other ARs closer to the custom P416. Its current damage output doesn't break anything, so if G36s, ACRs, Famases etc got closer, nothing would break either. He simply has to know this if he has any connection with the game in practice, not just the code."

Its just ignoring that certain weapon classes need comprehensive rebalance.

And look, as someone who has been maining LMGs since D1, we all know the writing on the wall for our beloved M60s this time around. They're the best LMG, by a significant gap. And lord knows they're going to nerf the shit out of it instead of buffing the rest.

The worst part is that M60s being popular is just another facet of the Expanded Mag Meta, where having large magazines is everything. The FAMAS is great on paper but crippled by a 30 round mag only.

Once you get into difficult content and the bullet sponginess increases, sustain is going to be way more important than a short TTK with interminably long reloads because there are just too many enemies around. SMGs and shotguns are also super dangerous to use at high levels because you need to be close to hit and spongy elites can just walk up and OHK you with a melee attack. Thus everyone gravitating to LMGs and large mag ARs (which is basically what I've played since D1).

• Options

The only reason why he's talking about it was that someone tweeted him about it:

To which he said:

Which is, unless there are other tweets or conversations not on his tweeter account, the reason why people were saying it's going to be nerfed. But yes, it's entirely possible that there are other outliers, with their balance, but no it's not at this moment going to be nerfed/fixed/whatever.

• Options
    I have a well-rolled P416 that I got the first week of the game. I have literally not used a different AR since.

Their weapon balancing overall is just... bizarre. Almost every online game I've ever played just sets a TTK that they obviously want to balance content around, then adjust weapons such that DMG x RPM always equals around that TTK. If something performs well outside of that TTK, there's a substantial trade-off to justify it.

The way that Div 2 sets damage ranges independent of fire rate or other archetypes just doesn't make any sense to me. Like, the P416 and G36c have the same RPM and handling stats, but the damage range on the P416 is just fixed at ~10% higher. Why? Why should the G36c even exist in the game then? The P416 is clearly an outlier in ARs, and in another game, it would make sense to bring it in line with the rest of the weapon type. But absolutely nothing in Div 2 seems to be balanced that way, so it's hard to argue that makes any sense. Div 2 has all of these interesting weapons, but maybe two-thirds of them might as well not exist since they are just objectively inferior.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    TU5 changes look good, but then there's shit like this...

**ODZ Balancing of Skills**

* ODZ has no normalization, but there is a still PVP modifier for Skills
    * Unfortunately it does not work the way it should for projectile based Turrets and the Striker Drones
    * That is why you see higher damage from these Skills
    * That is being investigated to dial them back in
    * But the Skills will be deadly with Title Update 5

"Eh, this is clearly broken, but fuck it."

rndmhero on
  • Options
    TU5 changes look good, but then there's shit like this...

**ODZ Balancing of Skills**

* ODZ has no normalization, but there is a still PVP modifier for Skills
    * Unfortunately it does not work the way it should for projectile based Turrets and the Striker Drones
    * That is why you see higher damage from these Skills
    * That is being investigated to dial them back in
    * But the Skills will be deadly with Title Update 5

"Eh, this is clearly broken, but fuck it."

I'm of the breed that literally cannot comprehend how anyone has fun playing this game as PVP. There are like, a million other shooters that do PVP better.

So PVP being a dumpster fire is nbd

• Options
    as the philosophy around the ODZ seems to be "lol, balance" and all them saying that doesn't really surprise me.

If it was the normalized DZ that was borked maybe they'd care more. I mean they did come down kind of hard on the armor normalization exploiters.