As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    There's a few youtube videos out, but I couldn't find one w/o fashion commentary.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Really more of a uh, West coast sorta style

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Mah agent uses LMGs.
    LMGS spit out tons of hot brass and links
    Do YOU want hot brass and links frying yer toes?

I don't think so!

Then again, with the notorious humidity and heat during this time of year in DC, I doubt he'd be running around in park ranger pants and a long sleeve 5.11 shirt, but there ya go.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    From just logging in, all 5 Heat Wave sets include shorts. Two come with sandals or flip-flops. The set named "Dallas" has American Flag shorts and cowboy boots...

Edit:
    What sort of monster wears socks with sandals? Apparently, a Division Agent.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    From just logging in, all 5 Heat Wave sets include shorts. Two come with sandals or flip-flops. The set named "Dallas" has American Flag shorts and cowboy boots...

Edit:

To be fair, I doubt anyone would willingly argue fashion sense with a chap wielding a grenade launcher.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Edit:

Its super common in the pacific northwest, when you want to wear sandals but its too god damn cold to do it.

https://youtu.be/j6gzsBhZrE8

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Why would you want to wear sandals if it is cold?

• Options
    Why would you want to wear sandals if it is cold?

Because you own them and never get to god damn wear them Tasty... Same reason people wear shorts when its 60 out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    looks like they also added the next two classified assignments.

edit: The NSA classified assignment was pretty long.

Also did the Zoo episode mission. Both were amusing.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Mah agent uses LMGs.

I don't think so!

Then again, with the notorious humidity and heat during this time of year in DC, I doubt he'd be running around in park ranger pants and a long sleeve 5.11 shirt, but there ya go.

For what it's worth, if you were having me mantle and scramble over decrepit DC infrastructure, up to and including the sewers, I'm TOTALLY wearing long pants and sleeves. Especislly boots. Not trying to suffer death by a literal thousand cuts.

That's why I love people saying adding more tacticool, and therefore typically hot to wear gear, is ridiculous. They added a freaking wet suit to the game. We cant even swim! That ship has sailed. Right now my character wears that black tusk short sleeve vest top thing, and the JTF not multicam pants. Has a blend of practical and tacticool.

Also, Bloodlust now affects LMGs. ITS FREAKING AWESOME. Way better than unbreakable, in my opinion. Unbreakable has that annoying cool down between procs.

It's also awesome that all blueprints are shared. Been having fun grinding CPs. People should join me! HMU if you see me on PC tonight.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Mah agent uses LMGs.

I don't think so!

For what it's worth, if you were having me mantle and scramble over decrepit DC infrastructure, up to and including the sewers, I'm TOTALLY wearing long pants and sleeves. Especislly boots. Not trying to suffer death by a literal thousand cuts.

That's why I love people saying adding more tacticool, and therefore typically hot to wear gear, is ridiculous. They added a freaking wet suit to the game. We cant even swim! That ship has sailed. Right now my character wears that black tusk short sleeve vest top thing, and the JTF not multicam pants. Has a blend of practical and tacticool.

Also, Bloodlust now affects LMGs. ITS FREAKING AWESOME. Way better than unbreakable, in my opinion. Unbreakable has that annoying cool down between procs.

It's also awesome that all blueprints are shared. Been having fun grinding CPs. People should join me! HMU if you see me on PC tonight.

Crap you bring up a good point. Downtown DC has been rotting for 8 months now. It's mid-summer in a disease infested zone, not to mention all the by-products of decay from a break down in city services. Yeah suddenly wearing long pants and sleeves with full fingered gloves sounds really bloody smart despite the heat and humidity.

Edit: Also can I add how frustrating how some of the coolest looking pant designs hide your kneepad models? I love the swat and utility pants with all the extra bits and bobs attached to them, but hate how they hide the kneepads. Always bothered me about how certain models do that.

Thegreatcow on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I am now sporting the Scuba Mask, and I look wonderful.

Loving this update and the skill changes, I took my old grenade/explosive build and tweaked it with some different parts so I have high skill and lots of explosive damage bonus. While I don't have stupid low recycle timers on my seeker mine/drone bomber they hit like a truck and having skilled in my list of talents allows me to chain off either fairly quickly.

Was nice seeing folks using skills in the mission, a positive change for sure, at least for PVE, I don't know about PVP and really don't care.

With all the changes to skills I gave the firefly another go. It is still shit.

the new LMG is ok, the one I got is mediocre and while having a huge ammo pool is nice it tickles guys to death so it isnt even close to being as good as my M60. The new AR is ok but once again pales when compared to my P416.

I like the expedition and cant wait for the rest to get unlocked. I like that there is a mission that has several outcast bosses as the outcast stronghold just didn't cut it in that regard, not sure it will replace CDC as the farm spot for Sweet Dreams but it is a nice change. Will have to farm Camp White Oak to get the new exotic gloves.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    My mine is on a 15 second timer. heh heh heh.

I haven't done the expedition yet. can't see people farming the zoo because you cover a lot of ground in it.

• Options
    My mine is on a 15 second timer. heh heh heh.

I haven't done the expedition yet. can't see people farming the zoo because you cover a lot of ground in it.

lots of empty space though, unless you want to go exploring you can just make a straight run to the next enemy spawn

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Need to get back to this, see what's changed. What's an expedition? Is that like underground? Oh god, have to learn it all over again.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Need to get back to this, see what's changed. What's an expedition? Is that like underground? Oh god, have to learn it all over again.

Right now its appears to be a big zone (college campus) that has 3 or 4 separate areas inside it. currently only the one area is open, you go in there, activate an echo then pick one of the tasks that shows up from the echo (there is 3) you run around the new area, killing guys, do things etc. In each section there is a secret room you can open for a daily reward crate (like the big yellow boxes in control points)

Next week the second one opens up, once all are open and you complete them you get the Diamondback gun.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Yeah I came back today (thanks for not kicking me xbox clan members). Got the western pistol holster because of course I would. Really liking that enemy hps seem nerfed to be less bullet spongey in the pve area. I was worried the tier 4 control points would be a bitch but they weren't that bad! Just threw up a help me and joined a couple and got them done. Longest part was waiting for 12pm and hoping I didn't screw that up.

I like that they changed the charge sniper to just do extra damage instead of that weird body shot stuff it did before.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Could Ranger roll on LMGs before?

• Options
    Could Ranger roll on LMGs before?

Yes, I had one from before recent patches that had it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    cool, I guess the RNG was like not for you! up until now.

Just did the other mission and the way it plays out is... very... obvious. The Outcast mission is the better of the two Episodes, imo.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    The mission in the zoo was alright, until it got to the final boss. An enemy chasing you with a flamethrower... and she's invincible? It turned into a stupid Benny Hill style scene.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The mission in the zoo was alright, until it got to the final boss. An enemy chasing you with a flamethrower... and she's invincible? It turned into a stupid Benny Hill style scene.

I just popped the boss with a single grenade launcher shot and it was over. Like... I missed the boss speech. :pop:

The expedition on the other hand actually defeated me. Or rather, I defeated myself after suiciding on geometry (you cannot shoot through the handles of the carts... or my quick grenade launcher shot just touched it by a pixel), and there was no checkpoint between that and a 5 minute defense segment which I subsequently forgot how to play on. Just couldn't get my rhythm back. Will have to try again later.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    So I was able to cobble together a skill build and omg, love it. Currently using multi sleeker and gun turret with demo spec.

It just melts enemies.

The damage falls off very quickly against elite enemies though, even on hard content.

So its tough. My gun build is less fragile and way better at tougher content, but skills just obliterate basic enemies. Two seeker clusters on 10 second cool down clear pretty much any open world event entirely. One for each wave.

• Options
    It's funny with the changes to skills my gun drone is now on a 30 second cooldown with an insanely long (like multiple minutes long) duration, even with my piddly skill power. I just love how it harasses enemies, even while not necessarily doing damage to them, the enemy AI sees a gun drone, looks at me, then CHASES after the drone like a coke-fiend chasing a score or runs away flailing. Particularly the warhound sniper tanks. It is hilarious watching them waddle around cover with their giant sniper rifle pointing to the sky trying to shoot the little drone out of the sky like swatting a fly. It definitely draws their attention effectively while I'm able to do my work with my LMGs.

Speaking of LMGs, finally got to try out the Stoner one. It's...alright? I guess? It's basically an MG5 that's slower and less accurate, but with the gunner specialization has a potentially 250 round mag. Kind of meh to be honest. My first guaranteed version of it dropped with 18k damage and I rerolled unhinged on it to bump it up to 22k so, yeah significantly less than mk416 at 29.8k. It also has a permanently attached surpressor with a +5% damage to elite bonus on it which is nice I suppose. I'll need to play with it more to be sure.

Zoo was definitely interesting, but it felt a bit too long and open for how few enemies you're fighting and yeah fighting Shaw with her invulnerable flamethrower and random booby trap exploding mines laying all around the enclosure was not too fun.

White oak wasn't too bad, pretty but not all that fun overall. Though I did enjoy how they had paths going off the main mission route which led to small caches of weapon crates which was a good touch. I liked the touch where they introduced packs of warhounds on certain fights, definitely gives a "hey you should expect this in the raid" kind of vibe with it.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Realised that I had a pretty skill-heavy set of Ongoing Directive (or whatever the set that gives special ammo is) lying around and gave it a go, skills are really fun now, I've not even got the super good mods but cluster seekers do a lot of damage and the turret is an absolute beast now. Hell, even the free special ammo is great fun with the Crossbow spec and it didn't seem to actually hurt my survivabilty too badly to loose 100k armour and Patience just because stuff was either CC'd by status or dead.

Looking forward to the new stuff on tuesday and hope I can get the apparel complete because I want that yellow raincoat so much.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Tried the gunner specialization (mainly to unlock it fully like I did the other ones) man with no points in that mini gun hits for nothing. Though even with barely any points in using the western holster and a black market m60 I was just dropping enemies. I love that enemy hp feels right about in the sweet spot.

Was a bit sad to find out the trick of using the shooting range to do the gunner challenge got fixed. 30 stuck enemies is going to be 8 kinds of a bitch

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Last night I stickied a red bar on normal and it nearly killed them outright... so... uh... idk. might not be so bad now.

• Options
    Yeah I definitely like the sped up cool downs on things and how long like turrets stay up. Shit It lasts longer than its cooldown honestly.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    so, if you log out in the middle of an expedition, it will drop you off on the expedition map... but you have to start all over as far as progress.

edit: this was with over 12 hours between sessions

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    The new missions are pretty good and the expedition is interesting but the summer clothes.....sheesh.

Be interesting to see what happens in the expedition over the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    I love all the summer clothes they are amazing. A MAZING

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    As someone who used to surf and wore wetsuits, the idea of running around a hot, humid environment and getting into very active engagements in one is just... ugh.

• Options
    BTW, I think there are new collectibles added to the world (like, even in the city, it seems). Be on the lookout.

Either that I've ignored them every time I ran past them... lol.

• Options
    BTW, I think there are new collectibles added to the world (like, even in the city, it seems). Be on the lookout.

Either that I've ignored them every time I ran past them... lol.

Yeah I almost think they just highlight collectables now? Though sometimes it highlights ones I've already gotten which causes me to wander around for a bit going "do I have this one..."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tried the gunner specialization (mainly to unlock it fully like I did the other ones) man with no points in that mini gun hits for nothing. Though even with barely any points in using the western holster and a black market m60 I was just dropping enemies. I love that enemy hp feels right about in the sweet spot.

Was a bit sad to find out the trick of using the shooting range to do the gunner challenge got fixed. 30 stuck enemies is going to be 8 kinds of a bitch

Imma be honest with you.

The minigun hits for nothing even when upgraded.

You take that spec on your shooter character for it's amazing perks. Minigun is worthless and the grenade is underwhelming compared to flash nades or fire nades. And demo can just revert to original nades for sweet, sweet explosive damage synergy.

So dont bother putting points into minigun damage until the end.

• Options
    Did they tweak shotguns for PVE? I am getting pump shotguns that hit for 210k now and I don't recall seeing them that high before.

Ended up doing a quick shotty/shield skill build. Oh man can the shield take a licking now. I have a 95% active regen mod and a health mod on it as well. Will have to take it into a heroic to see how it stands up.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Imma be honest with you.

The minigun hits for nothing even when upgraded.

You take that spec on your shooter character for it's amazing perks. Minigun is worthless and the grenade is underwhelming compared to flash nades or fire nades. And demo can just revert to original nades for sweet, sweet explosive damage synergy.

So dont bother putting points into minigun damage until the end.

Can confirm, I pretty much only use the minigun when I manage to sneak up on a cluster of enemies or if I'm lined up just right to a group of charging enemies before their attack AI kick in. Otherwise it takes way too many bullets to kill a single mook. I've pretty much stuck with it for the auto ammo regen and the +50 round mag pouch for both of my LMGs and it kicks booty.

Tried the expedition last night involving the Kenley Library. Bit middling. The overall level is HUGE (seriously all of these levels are impressively massive gotta give them props. But I still couldn't figure out how to unlock the secret room at the end of the library and the details say I'm still missing a piece of "daily loot" which I have no idea how to activate. The fights are pretty darn hectic. You're often defending control areas that switch locations randomly, or worse, you have to defend a static area where the outcasts are spawning from multiple directions at once, with way more flamers, heavy flamers and heavy hammer troops wading into you.

Also shoutout for the first "OHSHIT!" moment from that level where you're running around a deserted library, finally activate a pair of elevators and TWO hammer heavies waddle out of the elevator to greet you. Definitely a nice way to get you shocked into combat.

• Options
    Good to know my idea of boosting gun damage and like the ammo regen and armor regen stuff was the route to go with leveling up the gunner.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    so... my firing range upgrade from The Theater settlement has somehow locked itself back. Anyone encounter this issue before? The projects are complete already on my main, but not my second char. Could the wires have crossed?