As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    btw, what do the critical range mods do now? they're still in inventory...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Anybody mention this yet? I only went back through the last page and didn't see it.

Big ol' sale going on for Division 2. The game is 65-70% off on PC, Xbone, and PS4. Backpack (with charm) is 50% off. Bunch of other stuffs on sale too.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    btw, what do the critical range mods do now? they're still in inventory...

They are going to modify them later, for now they just do nothing. Exactly as odd as it sounds.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I just started playing, with Uplay+.

LMGs really sound like crap compared to the first game.

This was kind of my opinion of all of the guns I used at launch but I haven't played much since then because I was waiting on my roommate to pick up the game before running through it in full so maybe it gets better?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    After 12 hours I don't think this game is for me. None of the abilities are that satisfying, all the enemies are bullet sponges but can kill you in five seconds, finding new equipment isn't very exciting since everything is just an incremental change, the Dark Zone is a death zone where fun goes to die. And yeah all the guns sound terrible.

I got through all of Division 1 on my own and enjoyed it but for whatever reason the changes they made for this one are enough that there's nothing for me anymore.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I found the enemies less bullet spongey than the first game until I started cranking up the difficulty. Did they change that recently?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Shame, but you gave it a fair shake that's for sure.

I found a "Pyromaniac" today which is an M4 with perfect ignite (or 40% damage to burning targets, 2 kills lets you set the next on fire) and it's a wonderful compliment to my current ongoing directive build as it means I've always got a "free" dot to get things started. If I can find one with sadist or whatever the bleed talent is called I'll be really set.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    For the most part I play on Hard and Solo and other than well, Tanks, most stuff melts quickly. Even more so since they buffed skills.

I've kind of settled into my 56 shot LVOA, which seems even more powerful now than it was before thanks to the buffs.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Reinstalled this because I felt the need to shoot some dudes.

They've really cleaned up the optimization. It's running better on my mechanical drive than I remember it running on my SSD.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh if you log in today or soonish there's 3 "Haunted Supplies" caches available with 3 pieces of equipment, 2 masks and 3 apparel keys.

edit: also the new Mod UI has a functional sort alphabetically! MIRACLES OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So despite not playing since the summer and having a huge amount of items in the cosmetic boxes I could potentially get I got 2 duplicates out of 4. 2! Wow.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Xbox folks: is Division 2 rather unstable for you? Each of my last three play sessions has had issues that have required me to quit the game and restart my console to get it working properly. Getting stuck in the death or fast travel screens, or losing sound and getting attacked by invisible enemies. I'm trying to like the game, but it's pretty tough.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I haven't run into that issue myself. Have you hard reset (not just off/on restart, but the system>restart console option) your xbox recently?

I killed the DARPA boss but adds killed me during the secure phase, in the middle of a roll into cover, no less, and I haven't been able to kill him since and I'm incredibly annoyed right now. I hate when this happens. >\

edit: also, the encounter itself is fairly obnoxious solo because there's no place oyu can't get flanked in the arena and...
    lol mortars.

edit; also he's a sniper and he can heal himself back to full armor and as far as I can tell, either the adds are infinite until he dies or there is a straight ninja medic guy that's just spamming drones.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    You can cheat the DARPA mission by never climbing the fence. You can even kill the boss from back there. Just keep throwing the drone and sentry gun over the fence. You will need to go over once you kill everyone and take out the sentry guns, but everything else is killable from behind the fence.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    Thanks, I'd say "that'd help me the next time" but unless there's some kind of exotic drop tucked away in there I don't think I'm ever going back there solo again. :P
    I just killed everything until he decided to drop down and then missile salvo'd him, then killed the next waves of adds that continued to come after he died. Feels like someone was playing Remnant: From The Ashes when they wrote up that fight.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Did you guys know that 5.11 Tactical is a real world clothing brand? They are the Mechanix of the sequel, hah.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    So I was in the game for about 10 minutes last night, ran 2 missions, and had 3 exotics drop (Sweet Dreams, Chatterbox, and a pair of gloves). Did they crank the drop rates?

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hi, I am a new PC player, added myself to the spreedsheet, I sent an invite to the clan 2 days ago, didn't realize about the ettiquete, it showed up because DarkMayo is on my flist.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Been a while, doubt anybody's still playing... but they're back and doing SToGs so... here's what's new from today's. Also missed an apparel event and they had a winter holiday thing too that ended yesterday but w/e!

New Options for Obtaining Apparel Caches:
    Since the release of The Division 2, there have been a series of Apparel Events each offering a wide variety of cosmetic items for our players. We are committed to not only introducing new apparel going forward, but also giving you additional options for obtaining cosmetics. As a result, we have a few things to share!

INTRODUCING TEXTILES

There has been some feedback around receiving duplicates in Standard Apparel Caches, and we want to improve the system to address some of your frustration. Specifically, we understand that receiving XP for duplicates in Standard Caches does not feel rewarding, and we are introducing a new type of currency in place of XP in the near future. Introducing Textiles!

With every duplicate received in Standard Apparel Caches, you will automatically receive a portion of Textiles instead of XP. Once you collect enough Textiles, you will be able to use this currency to eventually make direct purchases of majority of the items on the in-game store!

We hope this upcoming change will allow you a more predictable path to obtaining some existing apparel and target specific items.

As always, you still have the option to directly purchase cosmetics with Premium Credits through the in-game store.

THE LEGACY CACHE

If you are looking for more apparel options using Premium Credits, we are providing a new type of cache containing a selection of older items. Introducing the Legacy Cache, available in-game now!

Priced at 100 Premium Credits, this is a new opportunity if you aren’t necessarily targeting something specific but would like more apparel previously available. If you are, in fact, after a specific item, be sure to check out the in-game store for direct purchases!

Going forward, this cache will periodically be available for a limited time. With Apparel Event Silent Night over, the first Legacy Cache is live now for a limited time, and can be accessed within the Apparel Cache menu.

To celebrate, we are giving everyone who logs in to The Division 2 between January 7th and 14th three Legacy Cache keys! Don’t forget you can also gift the Legacy Cache to friends or clan mates who are missing apparel!

Legacy Caches guarantee no duplicates, and its contents can be previewed in-game within the Cache menu. You can also read up on the contents here. A new Standard Cache pool rotation is also available, so be sure to check out the details!

(Source)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I was on just the other day, there is about 4-5 folks that play still in the clan, though usually at different hours. I can add you when I get home. Oh Sanders post was from October .ha. I am going to assume I added you already.

Nice to hear about those changes, of course I recently had opened 10 of those caches.... so that sucks

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I am currently getting through Hardcore, I've made it to WT4 and will be attempting Tidal Basin later. So far I've only had 2 close-ish calls, the tightest being in the garage of invaded district union where I got to ~10% HP and no armour before my armour kit finished channeling.

Living on the edge with no revive hive as well so it can get close to some of that old Survival feeling

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Is hardcore out of beta? I think it's an interesting mode but I don't know if I want to do it, but if they have achievements then *sigh*.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    It's still in beta but there are a couple of patches and their associated commendations available

also the YOLO hat which is some good dumb fun.

Full release needs to fix the stash really, it's not 100% necessary but currently your Hardcore character can't put things into the box and also can pull things out of your main stash for recal which is just busted.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Now to get 67 more gearscore, which should be fairly quick as the guild vendor is open for Hardcore characters, just need to get some credits together and not do anything too stupid in the meantime. Tidal Basin on story is really easy if you're familiar with the spawn points so I don't know quite what I was worried about.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    toot toot

EN2JrdnX4AAR7kM?format=jpg&name=large

Actually ended up crafting most of the 500 gear, straight buying the slots seemed a bit cheap. I enjoyed this character a lot, both as a chance to see the story again but also to show me how much I've learned from my main, it's amazing how much better a player you are with all the meta knowledge you build up, sure story mode is easy but it's an incredible difference to your first time through the game.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SOTG is up there's a lot of stuff that's going to be talked about next week, like changes to skills and recalibation, but the good news is that the overhaul of gear is not just getting dumped into game but will (and this is me inferring) come alongside a new world tier where you're after new stuff anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2RYyJDcHCg

bad news is that (at least for right this minute) recalibration is still going to be limited to 1 slot per item for "we want you to find a good item" reasons. Folks, you still need to find the item you're consuming, you still need to actually do the thing you want us to do.

Kind of funny that there's an overhaul on the horizon when I only just got BTSU gloves last night after what? 6 months?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    There appears to be a restructuring of Skill Power into something called Skill Tier. Visually looks like a segmented bar with about a dozen sections. Presumably it'll be like the current system where mods will require a certain number, but now instead of juggling various numbers to get around 3k SP you will just need a few pieces of equipment with like, 3 Skill Tier each. Unconfirmed, but a much more elegant system if it's the case.

Damage To Elites is also going away, as it creates a weird system of yellow healthbar enemies being easier than purple ones and it's damage contribution outscales any other forms of additional damage. They say it'll be replaced with something else we will have to see.

Excited to see where they take such a massive restructuring of loot. It'll basically destroy current builds and equipment but I'm fine with this. Give me some different feeling guns and new gear talents and I'm happy to futz around with them instead of stuff I've ground out already.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    wow, surprised it took them this long to ditch DTE

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Good fucking riddance.

Also bring back D3-FNC.

• Options
    wow, surprised it took them this long to ditch DTE

Yeah its really kind of a dumb thing that makes your hard enemies easy and your spam enemies hard. But some of the changes from div 1 to div 2 have been really bizarre. I still want a new survival!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Given the amount of noise about Survival I have to imagine it has to be on the list of year 2 content in some form or at the very least pinned to the white board under maybe?????

If not then oh well but come on

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Given the amount of noise about Survival I have to imagine it has to be on the list of year 2 content in some form or at the very least pinned to the white board under maybe?????

If not then oh well but come on

Survival is one of my favorite modes because like in div 1 it had me in parts of the map I'd totally forgotten existed looking for things. Its just a fun time, and I direly want it to be back!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    About time they removed the budget system. Super unintuivive and increased RNG dramatically. Not sure that removing it will improve RNG, but they FINALLY added a way of showing how good a roll is for each attribute. Gosh, it took them this long? Pretty ridiculous.

Overall the changes sound good.

But I chuckle every time they talk positively about armor boosting attributes, where armor will be one of the new 'Core' attributes. There's no such thing as 'tanky-ness' in this game at higher difficulty contents. The faster you do damage, the faster anything that can hurt you will be dead.

• Options
    I'd prefer another underground mode over survival.

• Options
    Turns out the skill power changes are gonna be more robust. The idea is there will be six skill tiers, one for each piece of equipment to contribute to. Generally increases the damage, health and cooldowns of your skills. Skill mode won’t depend on skill tier but generally won’t touch those base three aspects much. Much higher focus on things like range, duration, and extra ammo/grenades/charges. Batteries outright removed.

Keep in mind skill and equipment changes will happen after the next content patch. So it’ll be a few months out still.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I actually really like the look of the skill changes, as much as I like being able to run top skills and also do excellent gun damage, separating them should make things feel a bit more different.

On the recalibration side, while it's a shame it'll still be limited to one change, collecting good rolls and keeping them in the menu forever is great!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    All these changes look really solid, might be enough to get me to log on again. When do they go live?

• Options

Man that's madness to me, I didn't hate underground but it basically played out the same way every time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Man that's madness to me, I didn't hate underground but it basically played out the same way every time.

I feel the same about survival. :P

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Survival was fun in that it gave you a very different-feeling activity to take a break from the game's main activity cycle. I wish they'd made it more rewarding, but it was really fun.

I liked underground as sort of an endless grind activity, but I felt like apart from the hunters, it never really did enough to feel different from any of the missions.