As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Beat on Master difficulty. Woo boy, that was a good Star Wars.

Master difficulty kicked my ass a bunch though. A whole bunch. Maybe I'm just terrible at parrying.

Really love where the story wound up going, and I adored all the character work throughout. A sequel or even that live action TV show hypothesized above is definitely something I'd be massively into.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Love the game and trying to 100% it, wish some of the objectives for that were easier to find.

Found a funny bug related to dodging enemies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBha9TELq8

If you do a dodge a few times in a row but don't do anything else enemies seem to completely forget you exist.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    how dare people complain about the poncho

oz9e8p0q1fuj.png

it's glorious

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    how dare people complain about the poncho

oz9e8p0q1fuj.png

it's glorious

It looks better in-game. The preview angle does it no favors.

(Plus I have some bug where it won't load the full res texture in preview)

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I look like the Jedi with no name
    mq2gca98l0tk.png
    it's great

edit - i will say this is literally the only good poncho

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Begun, the poncho wars have.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    I didn't know Eternal Empire was a 'real' thing. I just came across them in SWTOR and assumed it was a SWTOR-only invention.

AFAIK SW:TOR is officially canon.

edit: or at least I very distinctly remember an official statement about certain games still being canon after the EU got axed.

It's not, TOR is Legends. The canon list is all new works released after the Disney switch, the six films, The Clone Wars TV show (but not the Clone Wars TV show) and, apparently, one particular short story

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »
    I didn't know Eternal Empire was a 'real' thing. I just came across them in SWTOR and assumed it was a SWTOR-only invention.

edit: or at least I very distinctly remember an official statement about certain games still being canon after the EU got axed.

It's not, TOR is Legends. The canon list is all new works released after the Disney switch, the six films, The Clone Wars TV show (but not the Clone Wars TV show) and, apparently, one particular short story
    Rebels and then that kiddie TV show they made after that are canon as well, and this video game as well as the single player from Battlefront 2.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I wish the story where Yoda opens a giant box that has massive gatling blaster in it, which he carries on his back no less, then mows down an entire army was still canon.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about the Resistance cartoon is the extreme mood whiplash of 'stupid slapstick shenanigans' in early episodes to 'Nazi First Order occupation and the firing of Starkiller Base' of later episodes.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

Rebels and then that kiddie TV show they made after that are canon as well, and this video game as well as the single player from Battlefront 2.

Like I said, all new works released after the Disney switch. The only things in question is stuff released pre-Disney.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Beat on Master difficulty. Woo boy, that was a good Star Wars.

Master difficulty kicked my ass a bunch though. A whole bunch. Maybe I'm just terrible at parrying.

Really love where the story wound up going, and I adored all the character work throughout. A sequel or even that live action TV show hypothesized above is definitely something I'd be massively into.

I have/had/am having the same problem, and I discovered two things the game doesn't remotely tell you.

1: It doesn't work like Sekiro. If you tap to parry a combo string, you will eat most of them, because parry appears based on animation, not input, and most enemies attack in combos faster than the animation. Parry the first attack, then keep the button held. They'll either bounce off the first hit and stagger, or you'll parry it, then block the rest.

2: Precision Evade is when you tap dodge with no stick input, and it works on fucking everything. Christ, this would have been nice to know 20 hours ago.

I instantly started having a better time with #1, and #2 I think will make life so, so much nicer.

• Options
    On xbox it should just be press b to do that and bb to full dodge.

• Options
    edited November 2019

There's B, B+input, then BB+input, and bafflingly, they don't seem to do the same damn things. B+Input does a sidehop, which you can follow up with a kick, but B alone does a Matrix style in-place dodge. The only reason I've noticed this is that B alone triggers that slow talent, and B+Input doesn't for me, and I hate it.

Edit: Yeah, I'm pretty sure B: Precision Evade, B+stick: Quick Evade, BB: Roll

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    dporowski wrote: »

There's B, B+input, then BB+input, and bafflingly, they don't seem to do the same damn things. B+Input does a sidehop, which you can follow up with a kick, but B alone does a Matrix style in-place dodge. The only reason I've noticed this is that B alone triggers that slow talent, and B+Input doesn't for me, and I hate it.

Idk, I learned to kick people to death because as a padawan without a master, I have no rules in my combat. one of the first thing I learned to do*?...this is also why I force grab randos and stab them in the chest, and Im pretty sure one of the fancy kills that flips the guy up has you stab them in the groin.
    Ill have to check, I thought the slowdown and stuff happened for just b dodge, and as you hold away and he leans/hops back or something you can kick? Idk...just got the +force perk for it so Ill use it more and see. not a thing I paid too much attention to.
    Side dodging of any kind seems to take too long to recover and attack from in my experience, so I either dodge around or back out of attacks.
    *that and trying to kick people off ledges.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I am all about stabby pull. I love stabby pull. Almost as much as I love grabbing a probe droid and using it like a grenade.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    apparently I've just been precision evading into kicks a lot. like... a lot. I thought I would have had to farm that 100 precision evades achievement up but messing around trying to see this three dodge things, popped it after a few kicks. heh.
    but I don't really do neutral stick+b to dodge.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Hm. So is it a timing thing, like parry? If so, that's even more confusing to me, and makes me want to smack the team they had naming things.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    At this point, I'm assuming if you hear the swishy sound and see the visual effects and whatnot, you've precision evaded... otherwise it's a normal evade?
    Or the Precision Evade achievement is bugged to be any evade... in which case I should have popped it sooner? IDK.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Do they give you a ton of iframes on the precision dodge? Because otherwise, slowing down enemies seems like it could backfire by making them stay in active attack frames longer...?

By the time I realized precision dodge was a thing (because of the skill) I'd also realized the game wanted me to block everything.

If the precision dodge has a ton of iframes (or works weird, like it turns the dodged attack's active frames off if it procs the slow) and faster recovery than the roll maybe I could have used it instead, though. The roll starts and recovers so slow it's nonviable for a lot of encounters later.

edit: I wonder if there's any chance of them DLCing in another playable character with a different moveset? I enjoyed most of my time with Fallen Order but I feel no inclination to replay it the way I would most Soulslikes.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    AFAIK it entirely voids an attack on you from one target. If multiple people attack you it won't work because it's not a very large movement dodge.

edit: also a little more insight into the bug that screws up your ability to complete maps/collectibles with BD. If you are unable to pull up the map in while freely exploring (in areas where you should be able to), restart the game. I do recall in Broken Wing section not being able to bring my map up, and when I came back later certain doors that I had gone through were flagged unexplored even though I did. Other players reported a similar experience with this bug.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Sneaks wrote: »
    Um… is there a bugged slide on Dathomir? I've attempted it scores of times, and I always clip down through the terrain right before the very first jump, meaning that I literally cannot achieve the distance required to survive. What's more, hitting the jump button once takes me right into a flip, denying me my double jump. I'm about ready to shelve the game over this; it's given me more trouble than any enemy and it doesn't seem like there's anything to be learned from failing.
    It occurs right after you pull down a bridge to a gate, but the gate closes and a pack of night brother archers start spamming their unblockable shots at you, so you're forced off to the left, to this inexorable death slide.
    metaghost wrote: »
    You gotta jump earlier than you think.
    I'll just go ahead and post it in the open:

The slope's collision mesh effectively ends right before the curled up ramp at the end. I'm pretty sure there's others but they feel like a shorter jump so you're less likely to time it so precisely. The one in question is a blind jump.
    Thank you, both. That also explains why I could only jump once coming out of the jump: I was actually in freefall already when hitting the button, though there was still terrain under/intersecting with me. Cruised right on through to the end of the game and the platinum trophy after getting past that bug.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I look like the Jedi with no name
    mq2gca98l0tk.png
    it's great

edit - i will say this is literally the only good poncho

You realize theres literally
    The rebel commando poncho from ROTJ.. with a bandolier taken from an imperial officer

In the game, right?

Also there's Free Kashyyk, and Companero, and, Bravo, and
    a pink one

Tldr you talkin crazy.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Raise the flag! Raise the flag!

Are you ready for a couple more ponchos?

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Okay, this isn't the video I want, but this is one similar to it that really made me look at evades. Spoiler city in here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTDZa-HEoQ

The one I wanted was Ninth Sister, where the dude basically Matrix-dodged absolutely everything, standing stock still, except for parries. This is so, so much better than the normal dodge, and I don't really get why the damn game doesn't tell you about it properly.

• Options
    If you're talking about force evade it's a skill you unlock.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    If you're talking about force evade it's a skill you unlock.

Yeah, but that's just an unlock for the slow/force refill proc, right? Unless it says "When you do X you get Y" but actually means "You can now do X"?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If you are ever having difficulty get the skill that fully restores force with stimpacks.

It's seriously OP. You can quite literally stunlock anything until it dies on master.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Love the game and trying to 100% it, wish some of the objectives for that were easier to find.

Found a funny bug related to dodging enemies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShBha9TELq8

If you do a dodge a few times in a row but don't do anything else enemies seem to completely forget you exist.

Aw! From the thumbnail, I thought this was some neat-o mod that would let you play, however temporarily, as a scout trooper!

• Options
    If you are ever having difficulty get the skill that fully restores force with stimpacks.

It's seriously OP. You can quite literally stunlock anything until it dies on master.

The slow motion/matrixy evade animation you do you learn through skills. Prior to that you just have regular dodge and roll.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

The slow motion/matrixy evade animation you do you learn through skills. Prior to that you just have regular dodge and roll.

Oh yea I know. I have the full skill tree filled out. Just haven't finished the story quite yet.

But you don't even need the force slow to be an invincible god. Just get the force stims. You can get them early and you don't even need to worry about timing dodges.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I've always wanted a Star Wars game basically like this, but they were more conservative with the Lightsaber because I think they should be a bigger deal and more lethal. In my mind the combat would be hand to hand or with another weapon and then you would use the lightsaber for lethal finishing moves if you want or you could just "knock out" enemies by using the alternative weapon.

You'd use the lightsaber exclusively against sith and in those situations when you don't successfully block or parry an incoming attack "getting hit" would just result in an animation of you still blocking the incoming attack but in a more strained or sloppy manner and you'd take a hit to a stamina meter and when that was empty the opponent would one shot you with an unblocked blow by their own saber.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Oh good. I thought this was another thing I missed in the combat tutorial. I was having a real Sally Fields moment when I read the text of that power.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Finally beat the game. Great ending, if not a little abrupt.
    Now that's a way to do Vader!

There's so much I want them to explore in the next game, and hopefully they tighten up the combat a bit. The mocap for this game was topnotch. However, other animations were quite bad, including the Wookiees and when you watched other jedi fight (your master as an example).

I wish they had a new game+ mode or something else you could do with the game once you've beaten it. Hell, a mode where all you do is
    Fight in the arena

Would have been a lot of fun.

Finally, when I was following some youtube tutorials to find some missing chests, I noticed that almost universally they would have all of their force powers, but there'd be no enemies and not a single scan/chest/flower/echo had been retrieved. How'd they manage that?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Heir wrote: »

Finally, when I was following some youtube tutorials to find some missing chests, I noticed that almost universally they would have all of their force powers, but there'd be no enemies and not a single scan/chest/flower/echo had been retrieved. How'd they manage that?

PC with some kind of cheat engine i would imagine. If it's on PC you can do all sorts of stuff with the files.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Skirmish maps / ng+ seem like a good DLC possibility.
    One thing I can offer no suggestion for on a gamepad, but would like tightened up, is target designation for force powers.
    Say there's a group of baddies and I'd like to use the force on one in the back; it's basically a matter of getting them dead center on screen. Awkward if they're above the group, but nigh impossible if they are not.
    Best use case:
    Grabbing the probe droids and smacking everyone in the face with them
    Second best: Taking out the commanders first
    Secondary request: Let me pick up the damned K2 droids with the enhanced powers! They're not that big and they're obnoxious
    But since all buttons are spoken for, so the only way I could see making that happen is with a Fallout-style pause mode. Maybe as an additional skill, like Force reflexes (Force PAUSE), but that might negatively alter combat mechanics.

Edit: These effing line

Breaks

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    And there's the Platinum, I wish I'd found that last plant when I was supposed to (it was on Bogano) as that would've saved a helluva lot of running around if I could've done that while hoovering up all the chests etc.
    Bring on the sequel!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Feature request: put chests on the damned map!

As eager as BD is to dumpster dive, you'd think it would take note of where they were.

(You'd also think it wouldn't wait to be asked)

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Skirmish maps / ng+ seem like a good DLC possibility.
    One thing I can offer no suggestion for on a gamepad, but would like tightened up, is target designation for force powers.
    Say there's a group of baddies and I'd like to use the force on one in the back; it's basically a matter of getting them dead center on screen. Awkward if they're above the group, but nigh impossible if they are not.
    Best use case:
    Grabbing the probe droids and smacking everyone in the face with them
    Second best: Taking out the commanders first
    Secondary request: Let me pick up the damned K2 droids with the enhanced powers! They're not that big and they're obnoxious
    But since all buttons are spoken for, so the only way I could see making that happen is with a Fallout-style pause mode. Maybe as an additional skill, like Force reflexes (Force PAUSE), but that might negatively alter combat mechanics.

Edit: These effing line

Breaks

I feel like if there was a time slowdown when you are looking to target a force power would be helpful. Like when you click the Force Pull button, maybe it slows down for a split second so you can cycle targets.

I felt like my Force Powers would miss my intended target several times. I'd have a group of three storm troopers coming towards me and I want to mass push them off the bridge, yet when I do a big push I end up targeting some purge trooper further back. :(

camo_sig2.png