As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I think the game looks pretty good and I'm excited to play it

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Hearing Waypoint's Patrick Klepek compare the demo's game play to that of Dark Souls and Sekiro has piqued my interest.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The gameplay looked pretty cool!

I hope that was on easy or the ai is still be worked on because there were parts where enemies just stood still waiting to be approached and murdered.

And yea sure it looks silly to have little burn marks when enemies get hit with a lightsaber.

But I wanna be a Jedi and run around on walls and do cool flippy saber tricks and have a cute little robo buddy and this game has all that so I'm in!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    There's an extended video up that looks pretty sexy. I'm still gonna wait and see, but this has me watching a bit more closely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE&feature=youtu.be

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Spectacularly better slice of gameplay than what was shown. Can really see the Metroid and Darksouls DNA shining through there (even though you can tell the player was sandbagging a bit).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The extended demo did nothing to show me why I should be excited over the original demo

Some light hints at Metroid style progression and dialog choices does nothing for me when I also see an overly long scripted turret sequence and just it didn't feel dialed in for an E3 vertical slice.

The entire beginning right to getting out of the AT-AT just seemed so honestly as much as I hate to say it early last gen. Incredibly bad water, a way to long climbing sequence especially for a Jedi whom I would of expected to have some better mobility, followed by the aforementioned way to long turret sequence.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    There was a new trailer today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfcAHfDuNzw

Actually pretty dope. I'm warming up to this game. Not like, buy day 1 warming up to it, but I'll probably pick it up after a price drop. It's Respawn so I was always going to play it at some point.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    DAY MOTHAFUCKIN ONE

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah that looked badass.

• Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    There was a new trailer today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfcAHfDuNzw

Actually pretty dope. I'm warming up to this game. Not like, buy day 1 warming up to it, but I'll probably pick it up after a price drop. It's Respawn so I was always going to play it at some point.

This is probably going to be better than it has any reason to be. Also non-humanoid member of the Empire.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It seems like they put that extra coat of polish on, which was definitely missing from the E3 trailer.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    That had a pretty strong Star Wars: Rebels feel, complete with Inquisitors.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Yeah that looked badass.

Like they showed the worst parts of the game at E3 or something.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    How much I like this game will depend on how well they nail down the 1v1 fights.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Lot's of previews popping up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgywrVhp_k

Game looking super rad.

• Options
    A super duper awesome bit of news that I am double posting for:

One of the previews detailed the difficulty options and showed what each one changes.

None of the options show increased enemy health. Holy butts why don't more games do this.

The 3 things that change are Parry timing, Incoming damage and Enemy aggression.

With parry timing decreasing and the other two increasing for each difficulty of which there are 4.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    With every new bit of info the game just sounds better and better. It doesn't really seem like it's trying to reinvent everything, it just takes the semi-on-rails 3rd person action concept and does it really, really well.

This is everything I could have hoped for in a Star Wars game where you play as a Jedi. The only place to go from here is a full open world.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I was hoping enemies would be more aggressive on higher difficulties. The game looking too easy was my biggest concern.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I was hoping enemies would be more aggressive on higher difficulties. The game looking too easy was my biggest concern.

Yea that was one thing people brought up a lot from the demos was enemies standing around too much. It's very good to see that it is directly linked to the difficulty.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    This might be a silly thing to care about it, but the way he spins the saber into his hand before igniting it is seeeeexy.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The lead combat designer tweeted that there are other properties to the Grandmaster difficulty (the highest difficulty) that I guess might not be defined/explained in the difficulty screen because they want them to be a surprise. Presumably that means something like unique enemy movesets or context-specific adjustments during things like boss fights.

• Options
    rpshoggothrpshoggoth Registered User regular
    Please, please, please let this be as good as it is starting to look.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    These are the same motherfuckers who made Titanfall 2 and devised Apex Legends out of the blue, I know EA is publishing it but how the fuck did anyone think that Respawn weren't going to apply their maximum brainpower into producing a goddamn promising hype game at the end of the day

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Eh it was a bit of an underwhelming reveal, but mostly because you say "Respawn" and people think Titanfall

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Qeih2XB.png

FULL LIGHTSABER CUSTOMIZATION BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Does this mean that they add stats? Or are they just cosmetic? Cosmetic is fine but if they add stats... if there even are visible stats? I will loose my freakin' fool mind.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Gameplay just looks like a retread of Jedi Outcast with updated graphics. Maybe the story will be interesting, but the game is a pass for me. Definitely not buying another EA game...ever. I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

• Options
    Retread of Jedi Outcast sounds p dope to me really

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Agreed! Though I do expect EA to fuck this up.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yeah literally every time they show something new my opinion of the game improves. And now with Doom being delayed I'm watching this in the corner of my eye, whispering under my breath... "maybe day 1"

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Was watching a preview today that I think has partially sold me on this. The defensive, purposeful combat on the higher difficult levels may scratch my Soulsbornekiro itch. I'll probably wait for a trusted review or two, but I could see myself getting hard in to this if it's good.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Yeah literally every time they show something new my opinion of the game improves. And now with Doom being delayed I'm watching this in the corner of my eye, whispering under my breath... "maybe day 1"

EA gives me enough pause to wait for week 2-3.

• Options
    Luckily EA hasn't really screwed up anything Respawn related yet. I mean, they did screw Titanfall 2 by releasing it so close to Battlefield but the game itself was quite good.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular

Seriously! I've been dying for another Jedi Outcast kinda game. They wanna put some RPG stuff in it? Cool. Dark Souls style stuff? Cool cool.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I’m not seeing a retread of Jedi Outcast in what I’ve seen. Sure it’s a third person action game, but the lightsaber combat plays very differently and the general pacing looks a lot slower, plus the addition of puzzles and exploration.

It’s more Uncharted with Dark Souls combat in a Star Wars skin than anything like Jedi Outcast.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Luckily EA hasn't really screwed up anything Respawn related yet. I mean, they did screw Titanfall 2 by releasing it so close to Battlefield but the game itself was quite good.

They even get to use the Unreal Engine, which should help it not be a bug riddled mess at launch like all their Frostbite games start out as.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I’m not seeing a retread of Jedi Outcast in what I’ve seen. Sure it’s a third person action game, but the lightsaber combat plays very differently and the general pacing looks a lot slower, plus the addition of puzzles and exploration.

It’s more Uncharted with Dark Souls combat in a Star Wars skin than anything like Jedi Outcast.

Agreed, gameplay doesn't look anything like Jedi Outcast. I loved JO but it was a lot of flailing with the sabers. This looks a lot more strategic.

• Options
    I'm not worried about EA putting its DNA into this game for one reason: Disney. Titanfall, FIFA, etc. . .all EA all the time. However with Battlefront 2 I imagine Disney had a little talking to with EA in regards to what is essentially more advertising for Rise of Skywalker.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    It looks more like the modern day action game QTE filled kind of game and not a Jedi Outcast kind of game.

The best part of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were the multiplayer, that I put about a billion hours into over a course of like ten years.

This is something different. For better or worse we've yet to find out. It looks pretty good so far. Time will tell.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    It looks more like the modern day action game QTE filled kind of game and not a Jedi Outcast kind of game.

The best part of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were the multiplayer, that I put about a billion hours into over a course of like ten years.

This is something different. For better or worse we've yet to find out. It looks pretty good so far. Time will tell.

I respectfully disagree, I thought the single playing story in those was amazing.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jedi Outcast, in the end of the day, ending up being a lot of (first person) shooting with a wide variety of weapons (not all of them useful). Less so but still true in Jedi Academy.