As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh we're talking Jedi Outcast/Academy, the great saber games of all time?

*Kyle Katarn has entered the chat.*

He's my hero, and I can't wait for disney to butcher him.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Jedi Survivor trailer confirmed for TGA:

Its Steam page was accidentally updated with a March 16 release date, though it's been changed back to "Coming soon" by now.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Cal looks like he has seen some shit in between games.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    That final run from Vader would be enough to turn someone in to a grizzled day drinker.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Cal looks like he has seen some shit in between games.

Well one of the pre-order skins is a
    Hermit skin, so he's probably been in hiding/on the run a good long time.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    He looks a lot older.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I can’t help but see Ian from shameless.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I can’t help but see Ian from shameless.

That's half the fun!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The steam page leaked early
    https://kotaku.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-survivor-release-date-steam-1849853989
    more stances yesss, please two handed...

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I sure do sympathise with those devs getting their probably highly provisional and please god suits push it back release date "leaked" cos now the whole world expects it on that date, to their total horror.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Eh these types of leaks, mere days before launch announcements, happen all the time. I highly doubt that's a placeholder date with the reveal stuff happening so soon.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    A delay ~3 months out from the scheduled release isn't unheard of, but it's not very common, either.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    That's a good Star Wars jacket

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    Eh these types of leaks, mere days before launch announcements, happen all the time. I highly doubt that's a placeholder date with the reveal stuff happening so soon.

Why remove it then if theyre so sure.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    That's a good Star Wars jacket

Shame it's gonna be covered up by collectible ponchos.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Its Steam page was accidentally updated with a March 16 release date, though it's been changed back to "Coming soon" by now.

WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS PONCHO

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

It was too billowy and made him too much of an easy target

Obviously you wouldn't understand

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

Why remove it then if theyre so sure.

Because they’ve got their big announcement set for the Game Awards on Thursday. The Marketing Plan is sacred and it’s precepts must be followed.

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Taking odds on Baby Yoda showing up in this...

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    Taking odds on Baby Yoda showing up in this...

will Baby Yoda have a poncho

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Timing-wise, this is like, five years after the last game I think? So about nine/ten years before ANH? I'm wondering if they're going to try to MCU this and link it in to stuff that happened in Obi-Wan or something.
    Seriously, if they actually stay away from Tatooine for two games in a row, I'll be surprised and impressed at their restraint.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Opposing FarceOpposing Farce Registered User regular
    I saw a reddit comment which I thought was interesting. It was pure food for thought and completely unfounded.

What if Fallen Order is to Dark Souls as Survivor is to Ghost of Tsushima?

I would play that game.

I played FO on normal but never fell in love with the combat and I don't play souls games normally, so, very much take it or leave it for me. I would just play this game on easy and enjoy the story, having learned my lesson.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I never really thought of it as being that Dark souls-y anyway, other than in the broadest sense that it has the mechanic of just regaining health and respawning enemies at bonfires.

Its a lot more like sekiro but with the focus on combat and bosses turned down and the platforming/metroidvania elements of sekiro turned up to 11.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I never really thought of it as being that Dark souls-y anyway, other than in the broadest sense that it has the mechanic of just regaining health and respawning enemies at bonfires.

Its a lot more like sekiro but with the focus on combat and bosses turned down and the platforming/metroidvania elements of sekiro turned up to 11.

Extremely limited health powerups that you also regain at bonfires, regular enemies doing enough damage to easily kill you from full health, dropping XP on death and needing to do a corpse run, leveling stats at bonfires, etc. It copied all of the Souls homework, in a blatant way that did not serve the project, imo.

• Options
    I mean, I don't play souls games lol

So saying its not souls-like but is sekiro-like feels like hair splitting to my philistine taste

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I guess its hair splitting, but its like saying Street fighter and Smash brothers are both fighting games. Sure they share a lot of the same basic form factors (opponents squaring off on a 2d plane and damaging each others health until one dies) but the details are so wildly different they are hardly the same.

Or that forza horizon and american truck simulator are the same because both have you driving around and completing tasks to make money and buy new vehicles and upgrades in an open world.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Oh no worries, totally fair comment just remarking that the nuance between the two will be lost on me

And that please give me Star Wars: Ghost of Tsushima

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Honestly the souls stuff was the worst part for me, like why are these storm troopers respawning? I dunno it just felt like a lazy way to pad the game. If they put some effort in, like had drop ships dropping off troopers whenever you campfire rested, it might feel a little more immersive and a little less pointless. The levels were too linear and restricted to really make the campfire respawning feel natural, it just felt like a waste of time

My hope is they incorporate the Silent Sister character, I’d love her to be playable but even if she just had a bigger role in the story I’d be happy

Prohass on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

I better get to raise the flag in this.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I wonder if continuing Cal's story means they'll go back to the Zeffo. They could be the canon replacement for the Rakata were Disney so inclined.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular

yeah the game is supposed to be star wars: ponchos

wtf lucasarts

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Mancingtom wrote: »
    I wonder if continuing Cal's story means they'll go back to the Zeffo. They could be the canon replacement for the Rakata were Disney so inclined.

The Rakata did get name-dropped in Andor, so who knows. That was probably just a writer digging up a name out of the glossary. The Zeffo were honestly the least interesting thing about Fallen Order, I wouldn’t miss them if they were gone.

Sprout on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man you'll be really sad when Cal gets fridged in the first hour of the game and you play the rest of it as a Zeffo child.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Mancingtom wrote: »

The Rakata did get name-dropped in Andor, so who knows. That was probably just a writer digging up a name out of the glossary. The Zeffo were honestly the least interesting thing about Fallen Order, I wouldn’t miss them if they were gone.

Isn’t the bioware stuff canon but just an area disney said they wouldn’t touch much so as to not step on EAs toes? They’ve done KOTOR action figures and the like.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Honestly I’d be cool if they had a half half with cal and the night sister. It would be cool to play as a character who uses the force in other ways than the Jedi and sith. But I have a feeling they’ll either not feature her at all in the sequel or minimise her role, which sucks cos I enjoyed her so much in the first game, even tho her presence was brief

• Options
    Jedi Survivor reveal trailer, out March 17:

• Options
    Yesss

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Limited Run is doing the Special Edition. Comes with a Steelbook and a (at least for the moment) unique version of Cal's Galaxy's Edge saber:

Limited to 4,000 PS5 copies, 1,500 Xbox copies, and 1000 PC. It is NOT an open pre-order.

Edit: they are also claiming it will ship on release:
    This isn't going to ship by the March 13th release date, I'm assuming?
    It will! We're way ahead in manufacturing these.

Josh Fairhurst is the owner and CEO of Limited Run Games.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Fair reminder that LRG has a real problem with customer service, getting shit out on time, and quality control.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Jedi Survivor reveal trailer, out March 17:

where.

the fuck.

are the.

PONCHOS

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png