Options

Two Worlds - I heard it has...ah to hell with that

• Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so everyone says the English voice acting is horrible. What about the german version?

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    This game is made by this girl
    18178-bild.jpg

I have nothing more to add.

Hot female German game devs. Sign me up.

Drool on
  • Options
    FalhurkFalhurk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Now,

Is that 8-player idea for the 360 over XBL or can you have multi-players at your house? Or both? Anyone know?

I'm getting fucking giddy here.. I've been DYING for a game like this.

Falhurk on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Falhurk wrote: »
    Now,

Is that 8-player idea for the 360 over XBL or can you have multi-players at your house? Or both? Anyone know?

I'm getting fucking giddy here.. I've been DYING for a game like this.

First page explains multiplayer differences on the PC and 360.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Thanks, I'm an idiot :)

Falhurk on
  • Options
    gleep-glopgleep-glop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    piL wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    * Offering a freedom of choice unseen in other Role Playing Games. The world literally comes to life as it immediately reacts to the player's actions and changes accordingly -offering new and exciting challenges.

He literally grew wings and ascended to heaven where God blessed him with his god-like defensive blocking ability, and he stayed in heaven for seven glorious days and nights dining with the gods and God turned a switch and stopped time here on earth so that he may do so and then sent him back to earth and on to the field at the appropriate time so that he did the switch so that we wouldn’t know what happened…

But joking aside, I'm looking to going through this with a few friends at some point, it looks like it could be really fun. I'll be waiting for patches though.

Much love for this post.

Also, this game looks interesting.. even if it does look like a bit of an oblivion clone, multiplayer makes me want to check it out.

gleep-glop on
    Gricon.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok, I may have missed it but I just read the first page over twice and could only find it saying that there is 8-player multi-player.

It makes no mention of XBL. At least, that I saw. Can someone clarify?

Falhurk on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ok, I may have missed it but I just read the first page over twice and could only find it saying that there is 8-player multi-player.

Sorry, it's at the top of page 2. My bad :x
    Dashui wrote: »
    12gauge wrote: »
    So, is that an Coop-RPG or is it a MMO or what?
    eba_help.jpg

Bitch read! The 360 version just has eight player co-op. The PC version has eight-player co-op but with cities that act as hubs for hundreds of players, thus being similar to Guild Wars in that regard (although, you don't form up and choose a mission and go to that area; you have the entire game world free to you). So in these hubs, as I said before, you can chat, trade, party up, or do all sorts of other activities like jousting and arena battles. But it's a free addition over the 360 version. They don't charge you extra for it.

It's only over XBL.

rayofash on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ferrus wrote: »
    so everyone says the English voice acting is horrible. What about the german version?

i'm actually playing with english voices so...no idea. so far the voice acting is actually quite good. b movie style good,but good. when i died and resurrected my hero once said "here we go again *sigh" in a pretty funny tone.

so i made some screenshots and just solved my first quests which netted me a horsie! Horse riding is kinda like a mix of shadow of the colossus and oblivion. on the one hand,you have the loose controls of SotC and on the other hand it feels kinda floaty like in oblivion. it is way faster than traveling on foot though.

so,here are the screenies:

this one is me wearing one of the 3 chain armor models i found so far. my weapon is a small axe,which i already stacked 6 times,making it a much better weapon. the shield i took from a grom (kind of goblin like monster) and it is already stacked 11 times,making it the best shield i found.
    screen0000az4.jpg

this is a picture of badass evil society dude. he is badass. did i mention that he is a BADASS?
    screen0001sj1.jpg

this is a picture of one of the villagers. that picture was taken during a conversation. do you notice how they do a kind of depth of vision kinda effect? i think that's pretty cool and actually really pretty.
    screen0003mw6.jpg

if you want me to, i'll keep you guys updated on my playthrough.

@Falhurk: there is 8 player multiplayer via XboxLive. On the PC, you can also play with 8 people in a party via the internet,the difference is,that every city acts as a hub. so if you enter a city there could be 100 players there to chat/trade with. then you make a party with 8 of them and step out of the town and have the entire world just for your party and yourself. hope that answers your question.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    rayofash wrote: »

eba_help.jpg

Bitch read! The 360 version just has eight player co-op. The PC version has eight-player co-op but with cities that act as hubs for hundreds of players, thus being similar to Guild Wars in that regard (although, you don't form up and choose a mission and go to that area; you have the entire game world free to you). So in these hubs, as I said before, you can chat, trade, party up, or do all sorts of other activities like jousting and arena battles. But it's a free addition over the 360 version. They don't charge you extra for it.

It's only over XBL.

Ah, thanks, and sorry for the trouble lol.

I'm just psyched.

Falhurk on
  • Options
    LambertLambert Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Developer of this game is "Reality Pump" (Zuxxess is the publisher in Europe), located in Poland, not Germany (and Germany is NOT "Eastern Europe"), I only wanted to clarify that.

The game is very stable but it has HUGE balancing problems (for example: It is currently possible to create an infinite permanent stats increasing potion loop via alchemy).

Many quest scripting bugs but mostly not critical.

Graphics vary wildly. In some cases it's superior to even Oblivion (especially shadows, nearly everything casts real time shadows), in other cases it's hillariously bad (e. g.: People's faces look atrocious, especially the main character, even with adjustable face features).

Load times are very short.

edit: Oh and for the german voices they hired professional voice actors so they are ok, at least for the important characters...

Lambert on
  • Options
    SkayelSkayel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mattie wrote: »
    She sure likes putting icing on her face.

:winky:

Skayel on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    rayofash wrote: »

eba_help.jpg

It's only over XBL.

Ah, thanks, and sorry for the trouble lol.

I'm just psyched.

Why didn't they put that fairly huge feature on the 360 version? Will it be permanently lacking, or do they plan to patch it in eventually?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Grizzly_AddamsGrizzly_Addams Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I didn't bother reading most of what was on the last 3 pages, but I just had to say something.

I have the game for PC, and it sucks bad.

The control scheme with KBAM is horrible. It's like an FPS but it's 3rd person, so it's WASD to move your guys directionally (not relatively) and when your press W he runs in the direction the mouse is looking, so essentially you can't look around and run at the same time, even though it's 3rd person.

Second of all, after I get to the first town and pick up some quests I venture out into the wild to do said quests, the objectives for which appear conveniently on your minimap. So as I'm running along, I come across things such as goblins, which I can fight with some degree of ease. But then I run into wolves and boars and the like, which drop me in two hits.

So after about 30 minutes of this. I get a couple levels, and some drops (none of which are as good as what I have equipped) and my inventory is full. (Diablo Style Inv) so I go back to town and talk to all these dudes who have an option for "Let me see your wares" but when you choose it they reply "I have nothing" so not only can I NOT liquidate my inventory, but I can't try to buy new armor to try to avoid my wolf and boar problems.

So I'm getting my ass kicked by boars and wolves when I finally finish a quest that gives me a horse. "Great" i think "now I can get around those wolves and boars" No... I get on my horse, and I'm trying to get the hang of the control scheme, which now becomes relative instead of directional. when I steer off the road for about half a second and my horse walks onto a rock. The horse becomes STUCK to the rock. Will not move in any direction. Meanwhile I'm getting jacked by a pack of wolves, I die. I ressurrect and return to try to claim my horse. I get on the horse alright, but still am stuck to the rock, die again, and when I come back this time, my horse has started wondering off on it's own, only to get stuck on a second adjacent rock, from which it will not leave under it's own power or my own, the whole time getting mauled by wolves.

And the combat is horrible. Why in the world would they make it so you have to toggle Right>>Click skills in such a shitty manner? There is an action bar at the bottom of the screen similiar to wow. Your left click is main attack (for which your sword must be drawn, which is a seperate key in it's own, and half the time, he won't draw his sword when you press it even though the action bar indicates you did) and then the right click is your secondary skill, for which you have to cycle through the action bar to change. You cannot just click the action bar (although I think you can use the number keys)

And most of the battles consisted of me shooting fireballs at an enemy until I ran out of mana, and then franticly left clicking (once for a regular swing, double click for a combo attack?) most of the time I would just miss, for some reason, until one of us died. And by one of us, I mean usually me. The sword attacks are weak as hell, you don't have enough mana to compensate for that, and more often than not the enemies come in packs of 3, or 4+, and they seem to be linked because if you aggro one, you get them all, for which there is no defense.

Game sucks. Combat, control, clipping and collision, all garbage.

Grizzly_Addams on
    Dr+Bongenstein.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I guess because it's easier to set up servers for the PC than it is to set them up for the 360.

So I just got mauled by a bear. They are deadly to the max.

Then I found a sheep running around in the forest. I killed it just to take its wool. Then i followed the way some more and found a woman standing there crying. So I approach her and she tells me that her husband has been transformed into a sheep by drinking a potion.... Needless to say, i couldn't get a quest reward here. D:

edit directed at the post above me: there is a merchant in the village. he even has a bag of gold as the "talk to" symbol and he wears fancy clothes much different from the villagers. Don't forget to distribute your skill points and your attribute points when you level up. Look for items becoming green in your inventory when you put your mouse over them. if they are green,you can stack those items together to make a more powerful item.
    other than that,just try to learn the game a bit,the controls aren't nearly as horrible as you make them sound.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Grizzly_AddamsGrizzly_Addams Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I guess because it's easier to set up servers for the PC than it is to set them up for the 360.

Then I found a sheep running around in the forest. I killed it just to take its wool. Then i followed the way some more and found a woman standing there crying. So I approach her and she tells me that her husband has been transformed into a sheep by drinking a potion.... Needless to say, i couldn't get a quest reward here. D:

edit directed at the post above me: there is a merchant in the village. he even has a bag of gold as the "talk to" symbol and he wears fancy clothes much different from the villagers. Don't forget to distribute your skill points and your attribute points when you level up. Look for items becoming green in your inventory when you put your mouse over them. if they are green,you can stack those items together to make a more powerful item.
    other than that,just try to learn the game a bit,the controls aren't nearly as horrible as you make them sound.

Yeah, distributing the points was my first problem. I did that and I helped only a little. Since you seem to know something about the game, let me ask, am I really supposed to be getting my ass kicked by the animals?

Secondly, I find it hard to believe you can't use a joystick with this game. I have the 360 pad hooked to my computer, and since it's coming to 360 anyway, you figure pad use would be a given.

Even with the other problems solved, (Not fighting animals, selling out inventory etc) I'm extremely turned off by the fact that if I want my horse back I'll have to start over simply because I walked onto a fucking rock. Seems like it may become a real problem later in the game.

Grizzly_Addams on
    Dr+Bongenstein.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    An NPC wouldn't let me in his base so I could get some relic. I beat his face in with a giant hammer and my guy let out an evil laugh as I strode through the now-unlocked gates.

EDIT: There are tons of horses to ride and the police don't mind if you just pick any old one.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

"Oh, I, uhm....err....I just kind of...killed...your husband. Would you...would you like his wool?"

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah, distributing the points was my first problem. I did that and I helped only a little. Since you seem to know something about the game, let me ask, am I really supposed to be getting my ass kicked by the animals?

Secondly, I find it hard to believe you can't use a joystick with this game. I have the 360 pad hooked to my computer, and since it's coming to 360 anyway, you figure pad use would be a given.

Even with the other problems solved, (Not fighting animals, selling out inventory etc) I'm extremely turned off by the fact that if I want my horse back I'll have to start over simply because I walked onto a fucking rock. Seems like it may become a real problem later in the game.

you are not supposed to get your ass kicked by animals. except bears. bears kill you. they kill you DEAD.
    try to kill all the enemies surrounding the start temple (EXCEPT THE BEARS!). then make your way to the village and kill everything one the way/near the village. I'm currently level 11 and i just did the "kill bandits,get horse" quest. I bought armor at the merchant and got myself a nice weapon. i run around with a weapon and a shield, both shield and damage skills are fully maxed out.
    you should have no trouble doing the same thing as i did, i mea it's not like i knew ANYTHING about the game,i just played it for the first time and went on my merry way. oh,and try to find a grom camp or two. they are easy pickings (archers are harder though) and they drop a lot of nice stuff.

and another thing: look in your spellbook (F3) and put the two booster cards you have to good use. i put them on the healing spell and can heal myself about 4 times (never leveled wisdom,so i have few manapoints) for my full health.

Ok, the thing with the horse is stupid, since that's basically a bug. But you can get another horse,just steal one. or maybe you can buy one from the guy who gave you the first.

no idea about the pad use, the game plays fine with KB+M for me.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll probably get this game since I'm looking for a free roaming RPG. I've gotten tired of Morrowind and Oblivion and I couldn't get Gothic III to run at a decent speed so I hope that I'll be able to run this.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is there a decent selection of armor and helms? I gave Gothic III another chance, and it's better than I remember it being, but the one thing that drives me nuts (other than the voice acting) is the seemingly limited armor choices. No helmets, and armor was bought in "suits" that covered your whole body, kinda like NWN1.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is there a decent selection of armor and helms? I gave Gothic III another chance, and it's better than I remember it being, but the one thing that drives me nuts (other than the voice acting) is the seemingly limited armor choices. No helmets, and armor was bought in "suits" that covered your whole body, kinda like NWN1.

There's a pretty huge amount, as most of it is randomly generated (and they don't all look the same, either, thankfully).

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited May 2007

There's a pretty huge amount, as most of it is randomly generated (and they don't all look the same, either, thankfully).

I second that. In only 1 1/2 hour of playing i already found 7 different looking sets of armor. and since one of the armor sets was called "armor set 205" and another one "armor set 4", well....i guess there are a LOT of armor sets.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I second that. In only 1 1/2 hour of playing i already found 7 different looking sets of armor. and since one of the armor sets was called "armor set 205" and another one "armor set 4", well....i guess there are a LOT of armor sets.
    Are there armour sets that are assymetrical such as only having one pauldron or gauntlet?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »

Are there armour sets that are assymetrical such as only having one pauldron or gauntlet?

that is something i can't tell yet. my best guess though: yeah,there are. no way they made over 200 multi piece armor sets. NO WAY
    i hope to god they did that

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    How do the armour system work, are there sections for different pieces or does it work like with Oblivion and Gothic 3?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    How do the armour system work, are there sections for different pieces or does it work like with Oblivion and Gothic 3?

so far i found: helmet,breast,boots,pants,gloves. i don't know what else there is. i know there are rings and an amulet slot. and some slots i couldn't identify yet.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    NeedleNeedle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is there a decent selection of armor and helms?
    Like already mentioned, the selection of armors is huge. Lot's of slight variations for each type of armor, both in visuals and stats. Add to that the various ways of armor customization and you'll see that no two amour are the same.

Regrading combat: hardly anyone seems to use the evade move (button 'q'). It's extremely useful. Strike-evade-strike-evade is a far better tactic than than the strikestrikestrikestrike most people seem to resort to. Especially against powerful monsters. For example, I managed to kill a cyclops with my low level character using evade. Yeah, took me forever and wasn't worth it, but it's possible.

Needle on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but how do the skill/class system work?

EDIT: What is the story like, are we talking about the generic "plucky youth saves world and girl" or do we get something different?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i didn't even KNOW there was an evade button!

and how to i get new skills? i can't invest a skill point into them to learn them.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i didn't even KNOW there was an evade button!

and how to i get new skills? i can't invest a skill point into them to learn them.

I believe there are trainers you need to find.
    Slipheed wrote:
    What is the story like, are we talking about the generic "plucky youth saves world and girl" or do we get something different?

A mysterious organization kidnaps your sister and blackmails you into helping them find pieces of a lost artifact that once belonged to your family. Quests in multiplayer are made for multiplayer, so MP and SP are totally different (especially in regards to physical character customization).

Dashui on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The game is very rough (the English voice acting is goddamned awful, but it's funny enough I guess, and the people are uglier than Oblivion's which is saying a lot) but it's got a lot of potential. I need to sit down and properly play it but I haven't really had a chance yet. Just a quick question though, does anyone know if there are spears? Because I love spears. :)

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    The game is very rough (the English voice acting is goddamned awful, but it's funny enough I guess, and the people are uglier than Oblivion's which is saying a lot) but it's got a lot of potential. I need to sit down and properly play it but I haven't really had a chance yet. Just a quick question though, does anyone know if there are spears? Because I love spears. :)

Yes, there are spears. The people look like nasty ugly peasants because they are. However, they are far better animated than anything Bethesda has ever put out.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Are the models less atrocious?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yes. Engine and graphics-wise, the game is very well done. The gameplay is a little ... well it's fun but some things are broken, as mentioned before. Not unplayable/unwinnable broken, but sort of like Morrowind's Alchemy, or the 10 Luck+Sniper combo in Fallout 2.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I can deal with some broken things for slashing down some monsters online in this game. Or knocking people off horses in the jousting matches online.

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's awesome when you have a long two-handed mace and can bash half a dozen skeletons in one swing :D

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Spears make me so happy. I'm glad they're in this game. Also, yes the animations are very nice compared with Oblivion, as are the models and texturing. It's just people's faces are so UGLY. Heh.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Spears make me so happy. I'm glad they're in this game. Also, yes the animations are very nice compared with Oblivion, as are the models and texturing. It's just people's faces are so UGLY. Heh.

Hopefully we can make some prettier people online. You can't change your character's looks much in single-player, but online there is suppose to be a whole bunch of options. You can even make a female character. I'm tempted to do it just so I can be hit on by all the creeps and get free stuff. ^_^

Dashui on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Hopefully we can make some prettier people online. You can't change your character's looks much in single-player, but online there is suppose to be a whole bunch of options. You can even make a female character. I'm tempted to do it just so I can be hit on by all the creeps and get free stuff. ^_^

I used to do that in Everquest. :lol:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png