Options

Two Worlds - I heard it has...ah to hell with that

135678

Posts

  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Suriko wrote: »
    This comes out on the 28th in Australia.

    The 28th of June.

    I am not happy.

    Fuck you! Us Americans and British folk have to wait until July 18th. That makes me very sad. I want to get it and hop online right now!

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    This comes out on the 28th in Australia.

    The 28th of June.

    I am not happy.

    Fuck you! Us Americans and British folk have to wait until July 18th. That makes me very sad. I want to get it and hop online right now!

    I deleted the post when I realised that. I didn't want to rub it in.

    I'm looking at screenshots, and is it just me or do they not really look all that bad? The screens I've found aren't great to judge by (everyone's wearing hoods and helmets), but they look fine to me. A bit bland, but fine.

    Suriko on
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, this game sounds pretty decent, but I need more details on the combat system. From what people have said so far, (3rd person, click to swing) it sounds a lot like Mount & Blade. This makes me hot in the pants, but there's a lot more I need to know. With the swinging, does it hit everything in the swing's range? Or just the guy directly in front of you? And with ranged weapons, is it like MMOs, (blechk) where you click on a guy and your character starts shooting arrows at him, or is it actually aimed manually? Same question for magic. I'll probably think up more questions later.

    EDIT: PVP! Is there PvP? Please let there be PvP.

    Atheraal on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Okay, this game sounds pretty decent, but I need more details on the combat system. From what people have said so far, (3rd person, click to swing) it sounds a lot like Mount & Blade. This makes me hot in the pants, but there's a lot more I need to know. With the swinging, does it hit everything in the swing's range? Or just the guy directly in front of you? And with ranged weapons, is it like MMOs, (blechk) where you click on a guy and your character starts shooting arrows at him, or is it actually aimed manually? Same question for magic. I'll probably think up more questions later.

    EDIT: PVP! Is there PvP? Please let there be PvP.

    Left click is used for your melee attacks. You click it and depending on where you're looking, that's where it will swing. Blocking is done automatically depending your dexterity and parry skill level. Right click activates your highlighted spell, but you can use the hotkeys to activate other spells (the number keys), just as you can use the keys to pull off other special abilities like kicking sand in peoples eyes and setting traps. Ranged weapons are manually aimed. By holding down the left button, I draw and pull my arrow, building up power. As you hold it down, it zooms in a little bit and releasing it fires the arrow. You can fire it quickly, but I don't think it'll be as strong. Magic, though, will just shoot at the enemies that you're locked onto. You lock onto different targets by looking at different targets.

    And for online play, yes, there's PvP for the PC version. In the cities that act as hubs, there are arenas and even jousting matches, among lots of other activities. The 360 version is just eight player co-op. You can PvP each other, though, outside the cities in your party. I don't think you can turn friendly fire off, but maybe I'm wrong. That's one complaint I've heard with the game. You could be fighting with a group and someone may accidentally target you with a spell, for instance.

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Okay, this game sounds pretty decent, but I need more details on the combat system. From what people have said so far, (3rd person, click to swing) it sounds a lot like Mount & Blade. This makes me hot in the pants, but there's a lot more I need to know. With the swinging, does it hit everything in the swing's range? Or just the guy directly in front of you? And with ranged weapons, is it like MMOs, (blechk) where you click on a guy and your character starts shooting arrows at him, or is it actually aimed manually? Same question for magic. I'll probably think up more questions later.

    EDIT: PVP! Is there PvP? Please let there be PvP.

    Left click is used for your melee attacks. You click it and depending on where you're looking, that's where it will swing. Blocking is done automatically depending your dexterity and parry skill level. Right click activates your highlighted spell, but you can use the hotkeys to activate other spells (the number keys), just as you can use the keys to pull off other special abilities like kicking sand in peoples eyes and setting traps. Ranged weapons are manually aimed. By holding down the left button, I draw and pull my arrow, building up power. As you hold it down, it zooms in a little bit and releasing it fires the arrow. You can fire it quickly, but I don't think it'll be as strong. Magic, though, will just shoot at the enemies that you're locked onto. You lock onto different targets by looking at different targets.

    And for online play, yes, there's PvP for the PC version. In the cities that act as hubs, there are arenas and even jousting matches, among lots of other activities. The 360 version is just eight player co-op. You can PvP each other, though, outside the cities in your party. I don't think you can turn friendly fire off, but maybe I'm wrong. That's one complaint I've heard with the game. You could be fighting with a group and someone may accidentally target you with a spell, for instance.

    Awesome. And do spells autohit, once locked? Or can you duck behind a tree or dodge it or whatever?

    Atheraal on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Okay, this game sounds pretty decent, but I need more details on the combat system. From what people have said so far, (3rd person, click to swing) it sounds a lot like Mount & Blade. This makes me hot in the pants, but there's a lot more I need to know. With the swinging, does it hit everything in the swing's range? Or just the guy directly in front of you? And with ranged weapons, is it like MMOs, (blechk) where you click on a guy and your character starts shooting arrows at him, or is it actually aimed manually? Same question for magic. I'll probably think up more questions later.

    EDIT: PVP! Is there PvP? Please let there be PvP.

    Left click is used for your melee attacks. You click it and depending on where you're looking, that's where it will swing. Blocking is done automatically depending your dexterity and parry skill level. Right click activates your highlighted spell, but you can use the hotkeys to activate other spells (the number keys), just as you can use the keys to pull off other special abilities like kicking sand in peoples eyes and setting traps. Ranged weapons are manually aimed. By holding down the left button, I draw and pull my arrow, building up power. As you hold it down, it zooms in a little bit and releasing it fires the arrow. You can fire it quickly, but I don't think it'll be as strong. Magic, though, will just shoot at the enemies that you're locked onto. You lock onto different targets by looking at different targets.

    And for online play, yes, there's PvP for the PC version. In the cities that act as hubs, there are arenas and even jousting matches, among lots of other activities. The 360 version is just eight player co-op. You can PvP each other, though, outside the cities in your party. I don't think you can turn friendly fire off, but maybe I'm wrong. That's one complaint I've heard with the game. You could be fighting with a group and someone may accidentally target you with a spell, for instance.

    Awesome. And do spells autohit, once locked? Or can you duck behind a tree or dodge it or whatever?

    Yes, you can dodge it. It's not like an MMO combat system where you're pretty much fucked. You can physically dodge attacks, both melee and magic.

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, basically is this worth importing from Germany (I'm in the UK), or should I wait 2 months for our retail release.

    Rook on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If this game is moddable... it might just turn out to be a far better game than Oblivion. I totally lost interest in Oblivion, and it seems like the modding community has too; the mods just aren't as interesting or Morrowind's.

    Falx on
  • Options
    LambertLambert Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As I said, the game has HUGE balancing problems.

    I have now a spell that lets me freeze enemies in a short radius around my character. The duration is 34+ secs (!!) and I have yet to encounter an enemy who is immune to it. This alone makes combat a joke (not to mention that now most enemies die with a single hit!). And I even haven't used alchemy to raise my stats...

    Imagine Final Fantasy where every status effect spell works always against enemies, even against bosses (imagine Death spell).

    Edit: apparently there comes a new patch soon, it will be interesting to see what they can improve.

    Lambert on
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lambert wrote: »
    As I said, the game has HUGE balancing problems.

    I have now a spell that lets me freeze enemies in a short radius around my character. The duration is 34+ secs (!!) and I have yet to encounter an enemy who is immune to it. This alone makes combat a joke (not to mention that now most enemies die with a single hit!). And I even haven't used alchemy to raise my stats...

    Imagine Final Fantasy where every status effect spell works always against enemies, even against bosses (imagine Death spell).

    Edit: apparently there comes a new patch soon, it will be interesting to see what they can improve.

    Sounds like the monsters are just cannon fodder to get you to a high level for PvP.

    :D

    Atheraal on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well,the game is supposed to give the player freedom. And if there are ingredients to become invincible,than by all means you can can become invincible :)

    So one thing I noticed about the blocking/parrying: yes it happens automatically but only when you are NOT attacking. So if you just fight like a madman clikcing your mousebutton you won't block ANY incoming hit. so the combat is more of a "hit hit wait for his swing hit hit hit wait for swing" type of deal. IF you want to block that is.

    oh and for the people asking about the models and stuff: just look on the bottom of page 2. in my post there are 3 screenshots of the game running at the highest graphical settings.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    oh and for the people asking about the models and stuff: just look on the bottom of page 2. in my post there are 3 screenshots of the game running at the highest graphical settings.

    What hardware are you using, and what kind of FPS do you get with those settings?

    Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    July 18th can't come soon enough. I'm mostly stoked about this game for the multiplayer, as I've already said countless times. You bastards need to get the PC version, not the 360 version, so we can all play together and fuck up tons of people in the arenas and jousting matches. Hell, maybe we should make a list so we can get together and play easier. Xfire or some other form of messenger, perhaps, such as MSN. I'm up for that if anyone else is.

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am really excited about this game. I am sure I will get over the flaws. From the previews I read about it, it seems like it will be alot of fun. As far as the balance is concerned, its something that can be patched and I am sure it will.

    suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just read that you can get other mounts than horses. Has anyone managed to bag themselves a giant lizard mount yet?

    Silpheed on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    oh and for the people asking about the models and stuff: just look on the bottom of page 2. in my post there are 3 screenshots of the game running at the highest graphical settings.

    What hardware are you using, and what kind of FPS do you get with those settings?

    i'm playing it at a friends. his specs are: athlon 64 3800+, 1 gb ram, ati x850xt. i don't know the exact frame number since we didn't activate an fps counter, but from experience i'd say between 40-80 frames. it's absolutely smooth.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    oh and for the people asking about the models and stuff: just look on the bottom of page 2. in my post there are 3 screenshots of the game running at the highest graphical settings.

    What hardware are you using, and what kind of FPS do you get with those settings?

    i'm playing it at a friends. his specs are: athlon 64 3800+, 1 gb ram, ati x850xt. i don't know the exact frame number since we didn't activate an fps counter, but from experience i'd say between 40-80 frames. it's absolutely smooth.

    Which means you're missing out on a lot of the graphical goodness of SM3 and HDR lighting as well, so the game should look even better.

    Rook on
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    From what I'm hearing, I'm actually glad this isn't coming out for another two months. Hopefully they take the time to reinvest some of the money that they've made releasing it in mainland Europe to polish the shit out of the English release, particularly the 360 version.

    I wouldn't mind this game, but if push comes to shove, I could pass on it. I've still got lots of Oblivion that I haven't completed.

    Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ok so I have now been playing for 2 hours. My guy currently looks like this:
    screen0005en5.jpg

    I'm level 15, wearing a mix of half-plate and plate armor. My weapon is an axe with fire damage.
    I just got 3 teleport stones which allows me to open a teleporter up wherever I want and teleport to the ones i already activated. Since I have 3 stones and they can be picked up again after use,I can basically make my own little teleport network. It's a neat feature.

    Up till now I haven't even visited a big town, I just ran around some villages.
    It's cool so far, but archers are so unbalanced,it's crazy. 90% of the archer enemies kill me with 1 or 2 shots. and they run away once you go towards them so it's a benny hill chase scene between you and them.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Screw all this melee talk.... the best part of the game is the magic! You can summon like 80 bazillion things then trap the monster inside a ring of stones and then conjure up a magical inferno inside of it that kills everything before it can get out. Fire field is so amazingly overpowered because stuff can't do anything while it being hit so it just sits in the field taking damage... of course if you misaim the spell you get caught in it which is pretty bad for you (you die :P). There's also a shield that makes you take mana damage instead of hp damage, and another one that makes them take damage when they get close to you (several of these) and you can run them all concurently (you have to go into the menu to switch the spells around though). Only problem is mana potions are kind of rare but your mana regenerates pretty fast.

    vhzod on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It just sounds like the devs of this game gave no though to the balance and limits a game like this needs.

    Drool on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    It just sounds like the devs of this game gave no though to the balance and limits a game like this needs.

    Of course, having too many limits is one the worse things you can do in an open-ended sandbox type game like this.

    For examples, see Oblivion.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    yeah,i agree. too many limits is bad, cause you as a player usually can't disable those limits. the way two worlds does it, is giving the player not nearly as many limits and leaving the choice of being an unbalanced badass to the player.

    of course having "we kill you with one shot" enemies is pretty bad.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just looked at the map for Two worlds and boy, I sure wouldn't mind living in the fine village of Windbreak :lol:

    Silpheed on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It is so awesome that the 360 is finally getting some good Western RPGs and Sandbox games.

    Samphis on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    It just sounds like the devs of this game gave no though to the balance and limits a game like this needs.

    Of course, having too many limits is one the worse things you can do in an open-ended sandbox type game like this.

    For examples, see Oblivion.

    I agree, but allowing the player to become invincible and kill everything in one hit takes any challenge away from the game, and in the end make the game less interesting. I think in general having limits tends to foster more creativity then a word without them. It makes you solve problems with the tools/abilitys you have. There is a reason most RPGs don't let you be a god. Being a god is kind of boring after awhile.

    Drool on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »
    It just sounds like the devs of this game gave no though to the balance and limits a game like this needs.

    Of course, having too many limits is one the worse things you can do in an open-ended sandbox type game like this.

    For examples, see Oblivion.

    I agree, but allowing the player to become invincible and kill everything in one hit takes any challenge away from the game, and in the end make the game less interesting. I think in general having limits tends to foster more creativity then a word without them. It makes you solve problems with the tools/abilitys you have. There is a reason most RPGs don't let you be a god. Being a god is kind of boring after awhile.

    Well, you could basically do the same thing in Morrowind and it didn't break the game at all for me. If you wanted to ruin the game for yourself you could make uber potions and such, but if you wanted more of a challenge, then you abstained from doing so.

    As long as the loophole isn't easy to get, then I really don't see the problem. Sometimes I like being able to dial down the difficulty.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait, this is out in like three weeks for 360? Holy crap. Why did I just by Spider-man 3 then?

    Samphis on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Samphis wrote: »
    Wait, this is out in like three weeks for 360? Holy crap. Why did I just by Spider-man 3 then?

    You hate yourself, but enjoy swining around and crappy combat?

    Drool on
  • Options
    LambertLambert Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I call this game now the most unbalanced game ever.

    Spoiler regarding the end battle (but I don't reveal who it is, only how difficult it was for me)
    Even the endboss wasn't immune to my freeze spell, but it didn't matter anyway because I needed only two hits to kill him.

    And it is short, even when you take your time (~15h).

    Strangely enough despite all this, I enjoyed the game in a weird arcadeish-godmode like way (killing is fun ya know)
    edit: has much to do with the corny "hit" sound wenn you, well, hit something. It is similar to first/second Street Fighter II (Turbo) iteration, where every hard hit sound was oh so satisfying.

    edit: A new patch was released today, which allegedly fixed some things and tries to balance some things, mainly the "gear-stack" feature and alchemy. Anyway I'm through with it for now.

    Lambert on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    Wait, this is out in like three weeks for 360? Holy crap. Why did I just by Spider-man 3 then?

    You hate yourself, but enjoy swining around and crappy combat?

    Mostly because I was looking for another good-guy-sandbox game after finishing Crackdown completely. It's pretty cool so far, but it was an impulse buy. I thought this Two Worlds thing wasn't dropping until like September.

    Samphis on
  • Options
    HibikiHibiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so a couple of patches have hit this game, is it worth picking up yet?

    Hibiki on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »
    It just sounds like the devs of this game gave no though to the balance and limits a game like this needs.
    Of course, having too many limits is one the worse things you can do in an open-ended sandbox type game like this.

    For examples, see Oblivion.
    I agree, but allowing the player to become invincible and kill everything in one hit takes any challenge away from the game, and in the end make the game less interesting. I think in general having limits tends to foster more creativity then a word without them. It makes you solve problems with the tools/abilitys you have. There is a reason most RPGs don't let you be a god. Being a god is kind of boring after awhile.
    Well, you could basically do the same thing in Morrowind and it didn't break the game at all for me.
    It made me stop playing it, so different strokes.

    Glal on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is the game out on the 360 in the US yet?

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Samphis wrote: »
    It is such a shame that the 360 and PC is getting this terrible messed up, unfixed peice of crap RPG.

    Edited For Truth. Seriously, no one deserves this game in its current state :|

    Waka Laka on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    It is such a shame that the 360 and PC is getting this terrible messed up, unfixed peice of crap RPG.

    Edited For Truth. Seriously, no one deserves this game in its current state :|

    I assumed that this release would have addressed a lot of the issues?

    Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    It is such a shame that the 360 and PC is getting this terrible messed up, unfixed peice of crap RPG.

    Edited For Truth. Seriously, no one deserves this game in its current state :|

    I assumed that this release would have addressed a lot of the issues?

    Maybe they'll release some miracle patch that makes the game completely awesome, but untill then all you can do is wait.

    Waka Laka on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shame to hear that the game is so short and unbalanced. I was hoping for a new Elder Scrolls/Gothic type of game but hearing this makes me doubt whetever I'm going to get this.

    Silpheed on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm well I just read through this whole thread, and I'm still excited for the game. I've had it pre-ordered for a while for 360, and although the co-op is intriguing I'm just looking forward to another big open RPG for 360.

    Although, playing Overlord right now makes me see the great usefulness of minions in an action RPG setting. People have mentioned summons in this thread but without too much detail. For anyone who may know, what are the summoning capabilities like in this game?

    brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Shame to hear that the game is so short and unbalanced. I was hoping for a new Elder Scrolls/Gothic type of game but hearing this makes me doubt whetever I'm going to get this.

    Well, it's definitely no Elder Scrolls or Gothic but it's still fun in it's own way. I dunno, I recommend renting it (if you have a 360) at least. Like I've said earlier in the thread, I'll probably end up buying it just for the multiplayer alone.

    Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
Sign In or Register to comment.