Options

Two Worlds - I heard it has...ah to hell with that

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was looking at the skill list and was wondering how many skills can you max out for a single character? And/or how many skill points do you get overall?

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Shame to hear that the game is so short and unbalanced. I was hoping for a new Elder Scrolls/Gothic type of game but hearing this makes me doubt whetever I'm going to get this.

Well, it's definitely no Elder Scrolls or Gothic but it's still fun in it's own way. I dunno, I recommend renting it (if you have a 360) at least. Like I've said earlier in the thread, I'll probably end up buying it just for the multiplayer alone.
    There's barely any kind of videogame renting in this country anymore so I'll have to wait and see what others say about the game.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I just played this game for an hour and wow, they sure went all out with ye olde english. I'm nt really sure what to think about this game but I know that I'm going to have to tweak some settings since the game runs like shit for me right now.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    MerceMerce Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Read through the thread...and for those who have played it or can simply answer my Q's, I've got a few (as I'm bloody excited that a Sandbox/RPG with online capabilities is going to be available for 360):

- About the items/weapons/armour etc...are there still quests or whatnot that deal with preset, always-there legendary/relic/uber items...? I mean, I like the randomized stuff, but part of the fun of Oblivion etc was going out to find/quest for the super relics and whatnot.

- Do different weapons have different animations? I mean melee stuff, like hammers being hefted and swung as opposed to a sword being slashed or stabbed...? I read someone saying there were spears, so that leads me to believe there MUST be different animations...but to what degree?

Merce on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I may end up liking this more than Oblivion due to the lack of scaling.

If I can wrangle some friends into buying it when I do, the multiplayer should be interesting.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So...15 hours to complete an RPG???

o...k....

The balance I didn't mind THAT much, but only 15 hours. THAT is a big disapointment.

Wasn't there supposed to be TONS of quests, TONS of sotrylines?

I know the mutiplayer is supposed to be cool, even for the 360, but if me and my buddy just rent it for a month (10$) can't we finish it even more than once? Sure, you can play the game differently every time, but if you finish the game in 15 hours, I don't really care to do it again, if the only different thing is I'll be casting instead of swigingin my sword.

Are the bugs still bad even with the patch?

Any word on the 360 and if it has as many bugs?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »
    So...15 hours to complete an RPG???

o...k....

The balance I didn't mind THAT much, but only 15 hours. THAT is a big disapointment.

Wasn't there supposed to be TONS of quests, TONS of sotrylines?

I know the mutiplayer is supposed to be cool, even for the 360, but if me and my buddy just rent it for a month (10$) can't we finish it even more than once? Sure, you can play the game differently every time, but if you finish the game in 15 hours, I don't really care to do it again, if the only different thing is I'll be casting instead of swigingin my sword.

Are the bugs still bad even with the patch?

Any word on the 360 and if it has as many bugs?

Last I heard ther ewas a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE glitch which meant you could become incredibly powerful in no time at all and thus that would lean to easy completion. I'd imagine thats fixed for the 360 release.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hope so...I was really looking forward to this.

But...15 hours only?

Man...that's very short for an RPG.

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »
    I hope so...I was really looking forward to this.

But...15 hours only?

Man...that's very short for an RPG.

I can't remember the glitch, my friend explained it to me, but basically you could just amplify your stats double with a potion. But some limiter wasn't in there so the first time you got 2X an ability, then 4, then 8 then 16 and so on without end so you could end up with 100X ability potions. I doubt it really is 15 hours but could use another opinion.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    To be honest, I finished oblivion in a little over 20 hours, so 15 is probably fine if it doesn't include side content.

Rook on
  • Options
    cemetery mancemetery man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow, this is the only discussion for this game? I'm guessing that there's really no buzz for this huh?
    I read a few previews and it sounds kinda interesting but I'm wary of the lack of excitement when it's coming out tomorrow I think.

Also searching for this thread didn't seem to work because of the word "two" being too short..

cemetery man on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The delays have killed the interest somewhat, and the buzz since it's coming out the same day as Bioshock.

I'm still getting it, but I'll play Bioshock first.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The delays have killed the interest somewhat, and the buzz since it's coming out the same day as Bioshock.

Yup, this is exactly my thinking. I was jazzed about it when it was coming out months ago, but now that Bioshock looms overhead, I probably won't get to Two Worlds until next week. Of course Blue Dragon is next week so....

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    brynstar wrote: »

Yup, this is exactly my thinking. I was jazzed about it when it was coming out months ago, but now that Bioshock looms overhead, I probably won't get to Two Worlds until next week. Of course Blue Dragon is next week so....

I'm thinking the other way...

Since there is no multiplayer in Bioshock, I can wait til the inevitable price drop (unless it's til after Xmas). But with Two Worlds, I'd like to get while interest is high, and there will be more people playing online.

Are there any reviews of the 360 version yet?

Yall on
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm picking this up for the multiplayer, but I would really love to see a review right about now...

UberEv on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    UberEv wrote: »
    I'm picking this up for the multiplayer, but I would really love to see a review right about now...

You know, it turns out the multiplayer isn't actually free-form. It's not the big, open game world for you to explore with friends. You choose a quest, mainly an eliminate or fetch quest, and complete them in small areas. I'm a bit bummed out by that.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dashui wrote: »

You know, it turns out the multiplayer isn't actually free-form. It's not the big, open game world for you to explore with friends. You choose a quest, mainly an eliminate or fetch quest, and complete them in small areas. I'm a bit bummed out by that.

That does sound a bit... lacking. So wait, you choose the quest to do from the lobby, do the quest, and then return to the multiplayer lobby? There's no town or anything where you sit between quests in the multiplayer mode?

UberEv on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

That does sound a bit... lacking. So wait, you choose the quest to do from the lobby, do the quest, and then return to the multiplayer lobby? There's no town or anything where you sit between quests in the multiplayer mode?

The towns are the hubs and lobbies. You get quests there, and can meet and trade with other people. But the quests are linear and in smaller areas. There's no exploration of the big world, or so I read. Also, as far as PvP goes, you don't use your character with his unique skills and items. You choose a pre-made character to use in the arena, with its own pre-made skills and items. That burns me out some more.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The towns are the hubs and lobbies. You get quests there, and can meet and trade with other people. But the quests are linear and in smaller areas. There's no exploration of the big world, or so I read. Also, as far as PvP goes, you don't use your character with his unique skills and items. You choose a pre-made character to use in the arena, with its own pre-made skills and items. That burns me out some more.

Perhaps we should just wait for some reviews then... and yet somehow I feel I'll be picking this up AND Blue Dragon, then totally forget this game to Blue Dragon.

UberEv on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Well that sucks ass. I don't think I'll be picking this up then, sorry Dash.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Let's focus on the positives instead of all this "death and lack of features we all expected"... There is going to be 8-player co-op, and unless they somehow messed that up it should be a blast regardless. I think I'm just going to go for it and if anyone wants to join me for a game on the 22nd just add me to your friends list. It is coming out the 22nd is it not?

UberEv on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Let's focus on the positives instead of all this "death and lack of features we all expected"... There is going to be 8-player co-op, and unless they somehow messed that up it should be a blast regardless. I think I'm just going to go for it and if anyone wants to join me for a game on the 22nd just add me to your friends list. It is coming out the 22nd is it not?

Yup, it's out the 22nd. It ships tomorrow. I'll be checking this out once I complete Bioshock, so probably a little later in the week. I'll be really curious to see some impressions in the meantime!

brynstar on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'd really like to see some impressions/reviews of the 360 version.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Forget it, It got delayed again to the 24th in stores. That's just a little too long after Bioshock, but a little too close to Blue Dragon. Sorry Two Worlds, your delays just cost you a sale. (Source: Gamestop Website)

UberEv on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ahwell, more time to play Bioshock.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Forget it, It got delayed again to the 24th in stores. That's just a little too long after Bioshock, but a little too close to Blue Dragon. Sorry Two Worlds, your delays just cost you a sale. (Source: Gamestop Website)

I'm OK with this. Now I have time to finish NWN2.

Yall on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rook wrote: »
    To be honest, I finished oblivion in a little over 20 hours, so 15 is probably fine if it doesn't include side content.

Jesus 20 hours? It took me 80 and I skipped the mages guild, thieves guild and 95% of the side quests. I guess I am just slow. I am almost to 100 hours now working my way through the Shivering Isles.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ah yes, I see they did indeed bump this back to the end of the week. Good! Now it's out of the way of Bioshock. :) That will probably bode better for the sales of Two Worlds, maybe...

EDIT: Yeah, I've put maybe 50ish hours into Oblivion across different times playing (mostly on PC) and never come close to finishing it. I get too wrapped up in it. Two Worlds might actually be refreshing if it's a little shorter and less distracting.

brynstar on
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited August 2007
    Just how open is this game; for example can you enter any building, kill the guy who lives there and take off with his cutlary?

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    20 hrs to complete the main quest, which is the most lacking aspect of the game.

Blue Dragon was reviewed as mediocre by ign, yet I suspect traditional jrpg gamers will enjoy it.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    argh.. that's the same developper who did earth 2160?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Have there been any reviews? I can't get to many sites through my firewall here at work. If anyone finds anything, please post a summary. Thanks!

Yall on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yall wrote: »
    Have there been any reviews? I can't get to many sites through my firewall here at work. If anyone finds anything, please post a summary. Thanks!

I couldn't find you a review but this a handson from IGN for the PC version.
    Two Worlds Hands-On
    We spend a few hours wandering the world of Antaloor, battling bears, dragons, and half-naked bandits.
    by Hilary Goldstein, Erik Brudvig & Dan Adams
    US, April 24, 2007 - A bandit stole my pants. When wandering into one of the numerous bandit camps spread throughout the massive forest in Two Worlds, our hero is confronted by the bandit leader. Since no reputation has been earned with such scoundrels, the bandit leader demands payment for intruding on the camp. Having just begun the adventure, our intrepid hero is a little low on cash. No worry, the bandit leader says, just hand over your pants. This is the kind of madness gamers can expect when Two Worlds ships for PC and Xbox 360 on June 26.

This is an example of one small incident in a very large game world. How big is Two Worlds? So big we tapped three of IGN's best to examine TopWare Interactive's RPG on both PC and Xbox 360.

Hil Looks at Combat and Customization

A major component for success in any open-world RPG is the combat system. Two Worlds uses a straightforward combat system split between melee attacks, ranged attacks and spellcasting. After equipping your weapon of choice, you can map the attack command and any spells to a World of Warcraft-like tool bar on PC or the X, Y and B buttons on 360.

The attacks are simple button mashing, but the animations and patterns are unique for each type of weapon so slashing a cyclops with a sword looks different than bashing a wolf with a club. Combat on both PC and 360 is still a little rough, despite being just two months from release. Though it is always fun to hack and slash against half-dressed bandits (apparently Two Worlds' fashion trend is strapping, topless summer wear), it can feel a bit chaotic at times as there's no lock-on for melee combat and the camera is still being fine-tuned. All defensive moves are automatic and based on invisible dice rolls, so your only concern during combat is swinging like a madman.

Spells are more forgiving and offer some nice visual effects that may sway many to focus on wizardry over sword-wielding. Since magic automatically locks onto the target you're facing, it feels a little more grounded and refined than melee combat at the moment. Two Worlds features 100 different spells, each of which can have up to three modifiers. The vast majority of spells need to be learned from NPCs in the game world or otherwise discovered. This should help push gamers to explore every nook and cranny of Two Worlds. And thanks to the modification abilities and a very loose skill tree, you can easily craft a player to fit your style.

You can also modify and stack weapons for even greater customization. Anyone who has played an RPG has likely found considerable redundancy in the number of identical items they come across throughout the course of play. Two Worlds solves this issue by allowing you to stack the same weapon to bolster its power. Let's say you slash open a bandit who has the same long sword you wield. Rather than lug another sword in your inventory, you can stack the fallen enemy's long sword on your own, giving a slight boost to your sword. There's no stacking limit (and this works for armor as well), so you can conceivably build the power of a club to mighty proportions. You may even find yourself seeking out enemies with the same shield or pants and killing them just for the stacking bonus.

Items can also be upgraded with a variety of Oblivion-like ingredients found in Two Worlds. Using the alchemy pot on the right side of the equipment screen, you can make insane combinations. Add a crackle of lightning to your sword or create the most powerful pair of venomous gauntlets ever seen. There is one catch, however. Powering up an item increases its requirements, meaning that while you can easily make an uber-sword, you may not be able to wield it for another 10 hours of gameplay.

Unlike Fable, Two Worlds actually has dragons!
    One cool discovery I came across was the ever-handy trap. You can buy a standard steel bear trap for fairly cheap from a merchant. Combine some venom from a snake and perhaps the deadly properties of a boar tusk and you have a potent weapon. Lay down a trap and then start a fight with some jerk guard who would normally cream you. When he charges, back up so that he runs into the trap. While he struggles to pull himself free of the poisonous contraption, you can lay some serious smack down. Now imagine entering a city and laying down a number of dangerous traps and starting a ruckus. A good time can be had by any nefarious adventurer with a little imagination.

With a few hours of play under our belts, it's clear that gamers have the chance to craft their own unique character with the numerous options offered in Two Worlds. By far the inventory and customization options were the most exciting part of our long play session with Two Worlds.

Erik Explores the World

Like any game of this nature, getting lost is half of the fun. We spent a good hour just running around exploring before we realized we had only seen a tiny portion of the whole world. We began in a forested area that was populated primarily by rabbits, wolves, bears, snakes, and Groms (little Troll-like characters). The bears kicked our ass so quickly it was laughable. Rabbits were more our cup of tea, so we spent a few minutes hunting them down and wiping the furry critters from the face of the earth after one thought it a good idea to attack us. And you can wipe them out. According to the PR rep for Two Worlds, enemies don't respawn and are not leveled to your character. That means if you manage to wipe out all of the bunnies, you won't find any more. That also means that you may run into enemies that you're simply no match for early in the game, like our bears.

Perhaps the best part about the Two Worlds style is the enemy design. The humans look a bit blocky and ugly, but the animals and creatures have a nice look to them. Once we had our fill with some lower level creatures, we loaded up a few saves that took us around the world on a tour of the different enemies we'd find. If you've watched the trailer by now, you know there are dragons in the game. The one we saw was a desert dweller; though we've been assured there are many types to find. Equally impressive as the dragon were the ghost wolves, stone golems, and Cyclops enemies. In just a couple of hours of playing, we saw a great variety of cool looking foes.

At night, things start to get creepy. The undead come out to play along with a host of other creatures that go bump in the night. The day/night cycle is a pretty lengthy one. In fact, it almost seemed a bit too long as we found ourselves wandering around by moonlight for great stretches of time. Even in the dark; it's easy to spot enemies and fight them thanks to a target icon that hovers over the enemy to let you know they're in sight. The target tends to completely engulf smaller enemies like snakes or rabbits, but it certainly helps against larger baddies.

The changing of day to night isn't the only visual change you'll find as you travel across the land. The most common thing you'll see is changes in weather when fog rolls in, storms form, or rain starts to fall. Storms are the highlight here as trees sway realistically and lightning strikes illuminate the land. There are a good number of environments too. We saw deserts, frozen and snow-covered hills, rivers, cities, and caves in our brief time with the game.

It's a huge world, but there are several things in place to keep you from getting overwhelmed. The first are giant ankh statues. These guys are where you'll respawn if you die, with no penalty, as well as a place to regenerate your health if you're injured. The odd thing about the ankhs is that they don't require you to visit one before you can spawn there. Dying can actually warp you to a place you've never been by virtue of the fact that the game just looks to see which ankh is closest to you when you die. There are also more traditional warp shrines that must be activate before you can use them to teleport around and mounts to ride, if fast travel isn't your thing.

Our somber hero can't get a date for prom.

Dan Follows Quest Paths

The quest system for Two Worlds won't be particularly surprising for most RPGers. Quests are found all over the landscape, but mostly inside of towns where there are more NPCs to talk to. The first quest was simply about learning the game systems in a relatively benign environment and was given automatically. While there wasn't an opening cutscene to set the story up at this point, it's clear that the main character is pretty pissed about his situation, though it was pretty unclear what that situation was when we started. After killing the few creatures in the relatively safe beginning dungeon, our employer informed us that a heaving armed group came into the nearby town and one of them was hanging out looking for us. Hilary on the 360 team then went and murdered the messenger while Dan on the PC team let the poor bastard live. It's unclear if that had any real effect on the game at this point.

In town there were plenty of characters to talk to showing off the large number of voices used to avoid the Oblivion effect. As with most other RPGs Two Worlds NPCs present several dialogue options, most of which pertain to the surrounding area, town, and political climate. We quickly learned that a much more ruthless dictator had been put in charge of the district after the past leader had a falling out with the King. This new leader is pushing residents into excavation labor camps digging something up. Of course, many of the locals have had enough of the business and are starting to revolt under the guidance of the former leader. Many of the town citizens were hesitant to talk about the problems, but soon we were able to piece together enough information to get a feel for the situation.

The conversation with the man waiting for us in town shed a little bit of light on the situation. Our sister had apparently been stolen by this group to force us into fulfilling a task. The sister's imminent doom didn't seem to dampen our character's aggression much. Even so, we agreed to meet with the messenger's boss in a nearby cave and come to a mutually agreeable solution.

On our way to the main story quest we had already come across a couple of side quests and had decided to work on those first. One sent us on our merry way looking for one of the many portal shrines located throughout the Two Worlds game for fast travel along with a portal activation stone while another asked us to help out the owner of a stable under constant attack from a group of bandits. What the original quest giver completely forgot to mention was the stable master's horrifying taste in fashion. It was hard to pay attention to his problems when our own problems had materialized into a leather outfit only showing off his hairy chest, which looked like a photo had been taken and used as texture. We were all too happy to take the dangerous quest to get away from the stables. After slaughtering several bandits and wolves, laughing as we went, we prepared ourselves and suffered through more fashion atrocities and landed ourselves our first horse as a reward. Riding away as quickly as possible, we headed towards the cave.

Just one of the many cool creatures in Two Worlds.
    Once inside the cave, we met someone higher on the food chain of this mysterious organization and quickly got in an argument with him basically leading in a round about fashion to the adoption of a quest to run an errand for the jerkoffs holding our sister. While this is as far as we got in our time with the game (we spent plenty of time familiarizing ourselves with the combat by terrorizing the local wildlife, bandit, and grom population and surviving deadly bunny attacks) it's pretty clear we barely scratched the surface of a long story. Hopefully we'll have a chance to explore the fiction a little more thoroughly the next time we have a chance to play the title.

An article on the rep system.
    Some would say that in life reputation is everything. In Two Worlds, reputation isn't everything…but it's certainly a hell of a lot. Different groups in the world of Antaloor will always have their eyes upon you, and your deeds throughout the game will have a permanent effect on how members of these groups treat you. As with any role-playing game, you'll have your share of useless encounters, but be careful not to say something insulting to the wrong villager. He may just be a member of a guild, and your unkind words will forever mar your dealings with other members.

Losing reputation is easy. Gaining it takes more work. Earning a group's trust will require you to perform tasks and undertake quests for them. Keep on doing deeds for a guild, and pretty soon you'll be in good standing with them. It all sounds simple. Unfortunately, certain groups don't care for other groups, and earning reputation with one could lose you reputation with another. If you're clever enough, you can keep your double dealings a secret. Just be careful not to get caught and have to pay a hefty reputation cost with both groups.

So what are the advantages of having a high standing? Certain groups are in charge of a particular function of society, so being renowned in these circles will make your life easier in general. For example, if you have a high reputation with the Merchant Guild, you'll have more advantageous buying and selling prices at all shops. In all cases, though, earning reputation with a group will allow you to take part in quests that are ever-more intrinsic to that group's existence. Continuing with the Merchant Guild example, at first you may just be performing a delivery as a test if you can even be trusted. When you're tight with the Merchants, you could be asked to guard a caravan that, if it doesn't make it to its destination, could ultimately cause the guild to disintegrate.

Your interaction and popularity with various guilds will have a natural reflection in the course of the game. Your behavior with the people around you changes their view of you. Also, you will only be allowed to receive certain quests if you have established a certain status with that group. When you take on a mission and do favors for a certain group, you will start to earn reputation points and this will ultimately affect your position in that group. For example if you are respected with the merchants, you will be able to purchase goods at a lower price. So remember: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Here are the groups you'll encounter on your travels through Antaloor:

The Warrior Guild - Also known as the "Brotherhood". They're known for protecting the borders against the visitation of evil that men call the Taint. This plague has been steadily spreading throughout the world since the Great War of the Gods.

The Thieves Guild - The Giriza guild is an infamous crime organization that prefers to work in secrecy. They are the people to see if you find yourself stumped with a tricky quest or if you need a rare object.

The Merchant Guild - Started as a way for prices throughout Antaloor to be regulated, this guild has since expanded into providing bodyguards, and policing regular trade routes.

The Mages Guild - The "Congregation" devoted to all the secrets of magic, and making sure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

The Necromancers - The dark side of the "Congregation." Be advised of the risks before you get involved with these mages and their life-threatening quest.

Karga Clan - A group of distrustful barbarians that control the north. Since this guild is enemies with Skelden House, they will ask you to work against them.

Skelden House - More civilized than the Karga Clan (but not by much), they too will ask you to work against their enemies.

The Society - A very secretive group that you might not even know you're working for.

An Example of Reputation in Action

You've been working with the Merchant Guild for a while now, slowly earning a good reputation and their trust. The Merchants' Guild leader, Talor Ravindard, has decided to ask you to perform a dangerous task. He wants you to murder Aki Hosuno, the leader of the rival Thieves Guild, the Giriza. Talor believes that if you can accomplish this for the Guild, the Giriza will weaken, allowing him to gain stronger authority of the underworld. After this, you will be rewarded handsomely with 30,000 gold pieces and an immediate increase of your reputation. Doesn't sound too hard, right?

However, to even reach Aki Hosuno, you have to gain the trust of the Giriza by doing a couple of favors for them. After working as a double agent, you finally earn a meeting with Aki - who offers you an equally handsome reward to eliminate Talor Ravindard. At this point, you have three choices: kill Aki, kill Talor, or continue to try and work both groups to your advantage. All three choices will have a serious impact on your future dealings in the world, and no choice is an easy way out. Life in a role-playing game has never been so deliciously difficult.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Thanks DW

Yall on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I still have a copy of this residing on my PC games shelf. I tried to like it but it simply didn't grab me, maybe it was the terrible art direction or the "ye olde" english that turned me off but I can't tell for sure. I'll probably dig it up once I can afford an upgrade for my PC.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wonder if there are a lack of 360 reviews prior to release because it "sux teh h@rd one" on the console?

Yall on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It sounds more like a good effort for a starting point. I imagine they'll release a sequel that is far better in a few years.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It sounds more like a good effort for a starting point. I imagine they'll release a sequel that is far better in a few years.

I mean, it's a decent game and all but not worth buying right now. So much other shit at the moment (like Bioshock) that I probably won't miss this.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm genuinely interested.

But I honestly don't know if its worth putting down money for.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yall wrote: »

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/twoworlds?q=two%20worlds

Try metacritic. Sometimes the site will go through the work firewalls.

urahonky on