As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I was told anime was coming. This is not anime.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    But Nexus didn't get his whole ten minutes after not posting anything for ten minutes.

(How does that work anyway)

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I was told anime was coming. This is not anime.

Anime is you

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    But Nexus didn't get his whole ten minutes after not posting anything for ten minutes.

(How does that work anyway)
    i thought it was 15 minutes
    strike me down, mods

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Anyone with a spare half a mil or so can buy the ruins of Alastair Crowley's house

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/6738048/

I'm sure there will be no unexpected problems with this property

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Anyone with a spare half a mil or so can buy the ruins of Alastair Crowley's house

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/6738048/

I'm sure there will be no unexpected problems with this property

"On the shores of Loch Ness"

....of course it is

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Wait, it was only destroyed in 2015? How does that happen?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    Bringing my question over here. Is anyone good at economics, specifically personnel economics? I'm having trouble determining the expected value of a call option and could use some help.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Doodmann wrote: »

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin was living in it.

Edit: apparently he only lived there until 1992

japan on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

Several historic buildings were destroyed in the late 2010’s unfortunately.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    LoisLane wrote: »
    Bringing my question over here. Is anyone good at economics, specifically personnel economics? I'm having trouble determining the expected value of a call option and could use some help.

idk is this like, basic present value stuff or is it something much more advanced

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I got through the first few stages at least before it became impossible for me to solve any puzzles on my own. Baba is low IQ

• Options

idk is this like, basic present value stuff or is it something much more advanced

It is actually. I have to determine the present value of a tuition scheme. The call option one has to do with the expected value of a stock compensation scheme for a ceo. I'm happy for help with either

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Worth noting that the trailer in the OP barely shows a fraction of the sorts of delightful interactions you can expect, and also I haven't even seen a "more" block yet.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Henry: I think there's someone inside Chuck E. Cheese.

Me: Why do you say that?

Henry: Because he doesn't blink.

This kid's never getting fooled by replicants.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Somebody in my poly pod came over and asked "So have you all heard of Baba is You?"

And then everybody looked at me

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

It is actually. I have to determine the present value of a tuition scheme. The call option one has to do with the expected value of a stock compensation scheme for a ceo. I'm happy for help with either

Black-Scholes model is the basic model for European-style call options. You need to make an assumption about the variance though.

What are your parameters?

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »

Black-Scholes model is the basic model for European-style call options. You need to make an assumption about the variance though.

So the CEO is being offered call $1 million dollars worth of call options with a strike price at $72 and a 1 year maturity and vesting rate. The stock has a 30% chance of being $42 at the end of the year, 10% of it being $35, a 30% chance of it being $60, a 20% chance of it being $74, and a 10% chance of it being $80. What is the value of each stock option?

I tried to apply the expected value formula to it and got a negative number so I want to double check.

The easier problem I have is determining the present value rate of 20,964 at a 2.8% annual rate in 25 years

I know these problems aren't easy so any help is appreciated. I've been working on them for five hours.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    The value of each stock option is the wage system and as such it ought to be d e s t r o y e d

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Somebody in my poly pod came over and asked "So have you all heard of Baba is You?"

And then everybody looked at me

The use of the collective term "pod" makes me think of whales, so I'm imagining this conversation taking place as you drift weightlessly through submarine luminescence

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    man what the hell is wrong with me

Tumin on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

So the CEO is being offered call $1 million dollars worth of call options with a strike price at $72 and a 1 year maturity and vesting rate. The stock has a 30% chance of being $42 at the end of the year, 10% of it being $35, a 30% chance of it being $60, a 20% chance of it being $74, and a 10% chance of it being $80. What is the value of each stock option?

I tried to apply the expected value formula to it and got a negative number so I want to double check.

The easier problem I have is determining the present value rate of 20,964 at a 2.8% annual rate in 25 years

I know these problems aren't easy so any help is appreciated. I've been working on them for five hours.

It seems like the EV for the stock would be $56.9 and you could only make money in 30% of scenarios. You probably just ignore negative values maybe, since you can just not exercise the option. So 13888.88 options, 20% $2 profit and 10% $8 profit so $16666.66?

• Options
    Ya idk this seems like something for @tyrannus unfortunately but he's not about that life anymore so I will try

If you just do straight expected value you get $56.90 which yeah, gives you negative value for a strike price of $72 so we prob gotta think a bit harder

So OK you're only exercising the option when it hits $74 or $80, otherwise you just don't buy right

So 0.7*0 + 0.2*2 + 0.1*8 = $1.20 per stock expected value

And then I guess you multiply by $1,000,000 / $72 per stock and get a total expected value of $16,667

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I will never not see Baba as a word for an old lady or grandmother.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I push the IS block

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I've only heard it for father, but I can't say what language.

Possibly shkip slang.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2019
    Shjips

Vanguard on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Phyphor wrote: »

It seems like the EV for the stock would be $56.9 and you could only make money in 30% of scenarios. You probably just ignore negative values maybe, since you can just not exercise the option. So 13888.88 options, 20% $2 profit and 10% $8 profit so $16666.66?

Oh god, thank you. These are the same values I got but I haven't been doing well in the class so I really doubted myself. I should have just taken macroeconomics.

Thank you everyone! Your explanations have been really helpful.

LoisLane on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I only ever see it in other contexts as either Baba Yaga or Baba O’Reilley

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

DOWN HERE IN THE FIELD
    yodloldoldolo yodololdolold
    TEEENAGE WASTELAND

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Ya idk this seems like something for tyrannus unfortunately but he's not about that life anymore so I will try

If you just do straight expected value you get $56.90 which yeah, gives you negative value for a strike price of $72 so we prob gotta think a bit harder

So OK you're only exercising the option when it hits $74 or $80, otherwise you just don't buy right

So 0.7*0 + 0.2*2 + 0.1*8 = $1.20 per stock expected value

And then I guess you multiply by $1,000,000 / $72 per stock and get a total expected value of $16,667

Shark trying to skim $.34 off the top

look I gotta get paid

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Baba Yaga.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

DOWN HERE IN THE FIELD
    yodloldoldolo yodololdolold
    TEEENAGE WASTELAND

BWUMMM

BWUMM-BWUMMMMMM

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Baba Yaga’s house really needs to stop skipping leg day

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    I actually dug up my steam password and bought Baba is You. Does chat get a commission?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We should be build more brand new wonders.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    goatse but on the moon
    a mirror so bright it burns your retinas
    a whirlpool that never sucks you all the way down
    a massive colossus but this time you can look up his skirt and see his bits

• Options
    It's high investment though, maybe you spend 6 years building the pyramids and then Ghandi says he did it so now the work you put in disappears and you just wasted 6 years.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    We should be build more brand new wonders.

We live in a society that celebrates more temporary accomplishments. The Kardashians, sports team victories, marvel movies. The only wonder we can create anymore is a fleeting feeling of joy before the inevitable crush of disappointment.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.