As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baba is [Chat]

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    goatse but on the moon
    a mirror so bright it burns your retinas
    a whirlpool that never sucks you all the way down
    a massive colossus but this time you can look up his skirt and see his bits

A really, really, really big atomic bomb.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    colossus of rhodes underskirt should keep the google algorithm on its toes

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    It's too bad about Notra Dame, hopefully when it's repaired/rebuilt they use a few more fireproof materials.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2019
    I just re-looked at the parking regulations sign, and I think it's an eye-catching red, which is meant to draw attention to it.

But I'm color blind so :rotate:

What a dumb choice to put under a clear white sign.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Me: (to myself) stop coughing.
    Also Me: *coughs*

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    You can’t just build a wonder

You start by building a big fuck-off structure then hope that travel writers hundreds of years later decide to write about them

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    We should be build more brand new wonders.

We do but it’s generally with oil money in Dubai

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

You start by building a big fuck-off structure then hope that travel writers hundreds of years later decide to write about them

You can do whatever the fuck you want if you control 51% of the wonder blockchain

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'd class the CERN complex as a modern wonder of the world. Can it be a wonder if it's dynamic, evolving thing though?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    The real wonders were the friends we-

*checks notes*

Oh, no, I'm sorry, that isn't right at all.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    It's high investment though, maybe you spend 6 years building the pyramids and then Ghandi says he did it so now the work you put in disappears and you just wasted 6 years.

Sometimes you can instantly build a sewer or a guy with a pike though so it's not all bad

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    weren't there two statue of liberties

• Options
    I'd class the CERN complex as a modern wonder of the world. Can it be a wonder if it's dynamic, evolving thing though?

Didn’t the Great Wall grow/change over centuries?

• Options
    It’s very important that I take a second to congratulate myself for avoiding making a political joke just now. It took me three tries.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

You can do whatever the fuck you want if you control 51% of the wonder blockchain

Blockchain: the One True Wonder of the World

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ive been trying to log into SWTOR all day and that game has the worst log in and account stuff ever.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Replace the Colossus of Rhodes with the Colossi of Rhodes: a whole gaggle of giant naked men

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

4r95qhod4s1b.jpeg

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    how disappointed am I going to be if I finally play Dark Souls 2 now that I have the itch from loving Sekiro so much? Can I use a katana and can I deflect?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It is tax day. I did mine last weekend.

• Options
    Oh there’s two palm trees now

bgao5zqowpdl.jpeg

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    how disappointed am I going to be if I finally play Dark Souls 2 now that I have the itch from loving Sekiro so much? Can I use a katana and can I deflect?
    Pretty sure it takes a while to get to them but there are katanas, and if deflecting is parrying or blocking then yes.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    The international space station is fucking wild for a number of reasons. I feel like I’ve really taken it for granted.

Winky on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

4r95qhod4s1b.jpeg

I hate these. None of this will endure more then like, 6 months after they stop paying for it. They're entirely dependent on trucking sand from one side of the beach to the other to replenish what's being eroded. There's nothing clever or inspiring about the effort - no unique technology or mechanism which makes it possible.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ive been trying to log into SWTOR all day and that game has the worst log in and account stuff ever.

What do you mean? I've never had an issue

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »

*checks notes*

The Seven Insirational Wonders of the World:

The friends we made along the way
    Dancing like nobody’s watching
    A “Live, Laugh, Love” sign made out of reclaimed driftwood
    Two people making a heart shape with their hands
    Laughing at a salad
    Something with quinoa
    The person reading this :heartbeat:

• Options

*checks notes*

Laughing at a salad
    Something with quinoa

This is my favorite Pinterest board

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

*checks notes*

Laughing at a salad
    Something with quinoa
    You won't BELIEVE number 5.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it takes a while to get to them but there are katanas, and if deflecting is parrying or blocking then yes.

hmm okay maybe I will do it

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I think we should also look at we have built recently that really are wonders but seem underwhelming to us.

1)The Chunnel. We built a tunnel under the ocean. This thing is nuts.
    2)The ISS. We built a place for humans to live outside the atmosphere for extended periods of time.
    3)The internet, we built an near instantaneous communication device reaching around the entire world.

When you think about it. Wonders more about us being amazed someone in the past could do something where ones that surround us seem mundane because we live with it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Baba is us

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. The internet is absolutely a wonder of the world.

I kinda want to say that the effectively Earth-sized telescope we managed to take that picture of M87 with ought to count too.

Everything that we have only managed through international cooperation is definitely on the short-list for me.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Voyager. We sent a robot spaceship outside our solar system. Hell of a wonder of human ingenuity there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I think we should also look at we have built recently that really are wonders but seem underwhelming to us.

1)The Chunnel. We built a tunnel under the ocean. This thing is nuts.
    2)The ISS. We built a place for humans to live outside the atmosphere for extended periods of time.
    3)The internet, we built an near instantaneous communication device reaching around the entire world.

When you think about it. Wonders more about us being amazed someone in the past could do something where ones that surround us seem mundane because we live with it.

I don’t even mean a technologically advanced marvel, necessarily. A building with a distinct look, in a suitable location, that becomes recognizable around the world would do. Beauty is a wonder.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Also I just found out that M87’s black hole was given a new name to commemorate the photo, which is Powehi.
    Pōwehi isn’t just the perfect name for the M87 black hole because it bears an epic meaning: “embellished dark source of unending creation.”

It’s also apropos because two of the eight powerful telescopes used to generate the first black hole image are located in Hawaii — so seems fitting that the M87 black hole’s name be tied to its Hawaiian roots.

“To have the privilege of giving a Hawaiian name to the very first scientific confirmation of a black hole is very meaningful to me and my Hawaiian lineage that comes from pō,” Kimura said in a press release, “and I hope we are able to continue naming future black holes from Hawaiʻi astronomy according to the Kumulipo.”

Well that’s fucking cool

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I think I need to buy some shower soap

The one provided by the hotel both in auckland and rotorua has rosemary and mint, which makes me feel like a lamb roast with mint sauce

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A lot better than "the black hole in M87"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    One thing I think about sometimes is the spacecraft they sent after that asteroid. Traveling for several years in a complex path around other planets to end up where that asteroid would be and match the speed so precisely that it was able to orbit around something with a rounding error’s worth of gravitational pull.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Today I learned that the cathedral was hastily renovated in the 19th century after Victor Hugo made it famous, and that hasty renovation contributed to the problems that led to the need for the massive overhaul that was currently underway before the fire.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Good news everyone, I'm not racist, I was too bored to finish Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Black Panther. Well I guess I could be racist against blue and green people

This discussion has been closed.