As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation 5] It's out now! Commence de-boxing.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Second total system crash leading to me having to physically unplug the PS5 and repair the drive and external storage once it rebooted:

This time because I accidentally ran past the front of a train I was on top of and let it splatter me. The game went to black and my system hard locked.

A little harsh, Sony. Making me restart from my previous save wasn’t sufficient?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Unless I'm missing something, the store on PS5 seems to be garbage? I found it difficult to find any way to get to Miles Morales, eventually having to just use the search. For a launch game on a launch day, that seems bad.

And if there's a way to find what games are on offer, I couldn't find it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Drez wrote: »
    Second total system crash leading to me having to physically unplug the PS5 and repair the drive and external storage once it rebooted:

This time because I accidentally ran past the front of a train I was on top of and let it splatter me. The game went to black and my system hard locked.

A little harsh, Sony. Making me restart from my previous save wasn’t sufficient?

1 - if you're playing with an external drive hooked up after all the reports of people having problems while having one attached, you're fishin' for trouble, I reckon.

2 - I had 2 bugs in Demon's Souls. One, as I was playing a section of the world was always dark. I don't mean dark-skinned, I mean it was as if it was always walking in a shadow - as if the lights dimmed, just for it.*

The other, I had shut the game down entirely, and shut the PS5 down entirely. Boot from cold and then very quickly into Demon's Souls, it just hung at the title card from the UI and never even seemed to load any part of the game. Hung there, but I could drop back to the UI and shut down. Shut down and restart fixed it.

*high five if you got that, ese.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, the store on PS5 seems to be garbage? I found it difficult to find any way to get to Miles Morales, eventually having to just use the search. For a launch game on a launch day, that seems bad.

The UI isn't half-cooked, but it's definitely underbaked. It's like we're using the spine of what is going to be something robust, but it ain't yet. Folders please.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I've been looking at scenes of the "New Peter" in Spider-Man, and going back and forth between him and the old, the new model really isn't doing it for me. It's like the actual facial acting is completely off. He looks like he's almost smirking in some scenes. And I'm looking at the whole ending scene and... yeesh. It's like looking at two different actors doing the same scene, and Old Peter knocks it out of the fucking park while New Peter comes up short and just doesn't match the emotion needed. Maybe I'd feel different if I only saw the new one, I don't know. All I can say is Old Peter is way better.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

1 - if you're playing with an external drive hooked up after all the reports of people having problems while having one attached, you're fishin' for trouble, I reckon.

This has been happening to users without external drives set up as well, such as myself. I'd be careful with treating correlation as causation, especially this early on. Same kinda stuff happened with the Switch launch and it made it really hard to tell facts from rumors and guesses.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    True, but I've still heard enough anecdotes to not try it lol

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I've been looking at scenes of the "New Peter" in Spider-Man, and going back and forth between him and the old, the new model really isn't doing it for me. It's like the actual facial acting is completely off. He looks like he's almost smirking in some scenes. And I'm looking at the whole ending scene and... yeesh. It's like looking at two different actors doing the same scene, and Old Peter knocks it out of the fucking park while New Peter comes up short and just doesn't match the emotion needed. Maybe I'd feel different if I only saw the new one, I don't know. All I can say is Old Peter is way better.

Having never played the Old Peter one, I'm really enjoying the new one. He emotes more than most game models I've seen, to the point where my partner, who doesn't really pay attention to these things, made a comment on how his eyes looked great.

Old Peter may be better, but in my case ignorance is bliss, he looks pretty great now!

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I was wrong; the PSN Black Friday sale did go live today. The only thing that stands out for me is Control Ultimate Edition for $20 and Spyro for $14. Everything else I'm interested in is either the same price or cheaper for physical.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    What possible discounts could they have for a system that just came out? Even for Black Friday?
    Me at 12:01 am: *posts*
    Me at 12:31 am: *edits to add projected timeframe*
    Me at 12:35 am: "Should I edit again to make it clear that I'm talking about PS4 games, because obviously PS5 games are brand new and won't be discounted? Nah, everyone knows that."
    Me at 7:20 am: "Damn it, jammer!"

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m obstinate. Not going to disconnect my external drive for one game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Decent deals I’m seeing:
    $41 - 13 Sentinels
    $41 - Watch Dogs Legion
    $23 - Star Wars Squadrons
    $20 - Control Ultimate Ed.
    $30 - Avengers

Cheapest I’ve seen most of these physical is the GS Black Friday ad ($33 WD, $17 SW, $30 13 Sent)

Honestly paying a couple bucks more might be worth it just to avoid shopping in store

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    My console is making Windows' time to complete estimates seem incredibly accurate.
    Copying my PS4 saves from a usb drive, it takes about five minutes to come up with an estimate, then finally starts doing something (12/442 files, 3 seconds left).
    After a minute at 1 second left it settles down to 300/442, 99+ hours left.
    Actual time by completion; maybe seven minutes.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    How odd. My PS5 is on the truck for delivery right now, but I’m not going to be home at all today and FedEx requires a signature. I looked into either signing remotely and jetting home to bring it inside once it’s dropped off, or just holding it at the local office so I can pick it up in person, but they won’t do either of those things. I guess they’re determined to take it on a ride around town for a while?

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    How odd. My PS5 is on the truck for delivery right now, but I’m not going to be home at all today and FedEx requires a signature. I looked into either signing remotely and jetting home to bring it inside once it’s dropped off, or just holding it at the local office so I can pick it up in person, but they won’t do either of those things. I guess they’re determined to take it on a ride around town for a while?

It's like Lost in Translation except the delivery guy is playing Bill Murray and your PS5 is playing Scarlett Johansson. He spends the whole day with it falling in love and singing karaoke yet at the end of the day he laments how they could never be.. and then he puts the package on your doorstep.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    What possible discounts could they have for a system that just came out? Even for Black Friday?
    Me at 12:01 am: *posts*
    Me at 12:31 am: *edits to add projected timeframe*
    Me at 12:35 am: "Should I edit again to make it clear that I'm talking about PS4 games, because obviously PS5 games are brand new and won't be discounted? Nah, everyone knows that."
    Me at 7:20 am: "Damn it, jammer!"

If there's a sale on the PS4 version of Miles Morales, I'd like to hear about it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Decent deals I’m seeing:
    $41 - 13 Sentinels
    $41 - Watch Dogs Legion
    $30 - Avengers

Cheapest I’ve seen most of these physical is the GS Black Friday ad ($33 WD, $17 SW, $30 13 Sent)

Honestly paying a couple bucks more might be worth it just to avoid shopping in store

Is that the version of Control that has the upgrade path?

'Cause if so I'm probably doing that.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm eyeballing Saints Row The Third for $20.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Decent deals I’m seeing:
    $41 - 13 Sentinels
    $41 - Watch Dogs Legion
    $30 - Avengers

YUP

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Decent deals I’m seeing:
    $41 - 13 Sentinels
    $41 - Watch Dogs Legion
    $30 - Avengers

Yeah, ultimate is the upgradable version so that's a fantastic deal.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Had my first crash last night. Demon's Souls crashed when I warped to the nexus. Thankfully it had just saved, but it was a bit jarring when the system froze for a few seconds.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Had my first crash last night. Demon's Souls crashed when I warped to the nexus. Thankfully it had just saved, but it was a bit jarring when the system froze for a few seconds.

It's scary when it happens to you o.0

"Is this it? Was that the last thing I will ever play on this console?"

*beep*

"Oh thank God."

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I already own Control, and while I'd like to get the DLC, the Season Pass is only $15 so I have to decide if I want to spend that extra $5 for a prettier version of a game I bought and played last year.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    PSN Black Friday Sale is up
    Ghosts of Sushi is 33% off
    Last of Us 2 is 50% off

hmm

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjg3qyDkQs

Gotta use that marketing money somewhere, I guess.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Walmart has Ghost Tsushima for 20, atleast while it lasts

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

The UI isn't half-cooked, but it's definitely underbaked. It's like we're using the spine of what is going to be something robust, but it ain't yet. Folders please.

Yeah it's looking pretty early. I'm willing to forgive it at the moment as technically there are so few PS5 games that them just all being lumped into one folder is...okay. Combined with the ability to just instantly access the store from the home screen is acceptable at the moment.

That being said, going to the PS4 game folder and it just being a free-for-all is not acceptable. Considering Sony was trying to push the idea that Day One you're going to have access to all these awesome PS4 games it should've had a little more work put into it.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Much suggest, so recommend.

Ghost is incredible, runs like a new game on the PS5, and is more than worth 20 duckets for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    PSN Black Friday Sale is up
    Ghosts of Sushi is 33% off
    Last of Us 2 is 50% off

hmm
    P5 Royal 50% off. Yeyeyeyeyeye!

Having the hardest time deciding if I should start this or Yakuza: like a Dragon.

I'm a huge SMT/Persona nerd but part of me is holding out hope that there will be a PC port next year or something.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options

Ghost is incredible, runs like a new game on the PS5, and is more than worth 20 duckets for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

I guess it's sold out cuz I can't find it.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

I guess it's sold out cuz I can't find it.

It's there, just for $40.

My guess is that someone made a mistake.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Surely it’s been long enough since my last Persona 5 playthrough to grab Royal at that price

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Where is Control Ulimate $20?

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

PSN

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    cckerberos wrote: »

PSN

Hmm. I got it on PC, but I may snag it for PS5 raytracing.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I already got Persona 5 Royal and Star Wars: Squadrons at Gamestop. They are both cheap for Black Friday.

You can get the Steelbook of Persona 5 Royal for $30.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I guess is Sony Direct not doing a PS5 drop today? Or did I miss it?

• Options
    GashikGashik Office Communist Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Haven't seen one yet, been checking for the past 2.5 hours.

• Options
    I already got Persona 5 Royal and Star Wars: Squadrons at Gamestop. They are both cheap for Black Friday.

You can get the Steelbook of Persona 5 Royal for $30.

Yeah a couple of the games I wanted will be a few bucks cheaper on BF but I’ll pay the extra couple bucks to avoid going to the store that day.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Gashik wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Haven't seen one yet, been checking for the past 2.5 hours.

I've been checking at the top of the hour since 6 am this morning and haven't seen one yet. So far the latest they've done one was 5pm, which was 25 minutes ago. I'm going to keep checking for the next two hours before calling it for the day.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.