Options

[Chat] it is what's for dinner!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Went to a restaurant for the first time.

I've spoiled u in nyc u.slut

Now you're begging for favors online I see how it is

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    once a week?!
    is the Queen sleeping in your bed

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    by changing sheets do you mean like

buying new ones

I have 4 sets I cycle through. Two of them are winter ones, the other two summer ones. This allows me to not have to dress a bed at 11pm when I forget to do it I can do it after I pull everything off.

This has worked flawlessly for me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    once a week?!
    he did say there was a lot of cum

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Vanguard wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tnTucP1UM

I refuse to believe this came out in 2018. It had to have been recorded in 1993 then hidden for 25 years, the band cryogenically preserved. It's the 90's-est indie rock thing that ever existed. The guitars, the lyrics, the vaguely west coast accent, even the blase vocal intonation. It's incredible.

Snail Mail is decent

I don’t even think Lindsey was born in 1993 tho

Don't listen to this snooty hipster

Snail mail is good and kind and strong and they don't do cocaine, you can trust me

Eddy on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    once a week?!

I think the norm is every 2 weeks, but I have oily skin and this helps me from breaking out.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You feel like you’re dying but you’re not and there no way off the ride but if the cops find out, you’ll be arrested

The LSD experience

You won't get arrested

I fell and hit my head while on acid and temporarily lost my vision and had to take an ambulance to the hospital to get stitches

Everyone was actually remarkably kind to me, considering that I was definitely a high idiot that just slipped in his own bathroom

But also I suppose I was very apologetic and I think they appreciated how scary what I was experiencing was from my perspective

It was actually the calmest I've ever been, I was in a situation where I could do literally nothing but let go and trust the people around me, the whole experience was now out of my hands

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    You feel like you’re dying but you’re not and there no way off the ride but if the cops find out, you’ll be arrested

The LSD experience

You won't get arrested

I fell and hit my head while on acid and temporarily lost my vision and had to take an ambulance to the hospital to get stitches

Everyone was actually remarkably kind to me, considering that I was definitely a high idiot that just slipped in his own bathroom

But also I suppose I was very apologetic and I think they appreciated how scary what I was experiencing was from my perspective

It was actually the calmest I've ever been, I was in a situation where I could do literally nothing but let go and trust the people around me, the whole experience was now out of my hands

I think the calmest and least stressed I am is when something acute is very wrong. E.g., I'm locked out of the house or something. Having a concrete, immediate problem to solve puts me in a flow-ish state, which is neat. I recommend it as opposed to panicking.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I refuse to believe this came out in 2018. It had to have been recorded in 1993 then hidden for 25 years, the band cryogenically preserved. It's the 90's-est indie rock thing that ever existed. The guitars, the lyrics, the vaguely west coast accent, even the blase vocal intonation. It's incredible.

Snail Mail is decent

I don’t even think Lindsey was born in 1993 tho

Don't listen to this snooty hipster

Snail mail is good and kind and strong and they don't do cocaine, you can trust me

She’s working in a crowded field and, like Julien Baker, trying to rely on the narrative around her music to add sparkle to decent, but not mind blowing work

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm gonna stream some MTG Arena, then I'm gonna maybe move into some Twitch Sings? It's the start of the weekend for me so who knows what shenanigans may occur! Why have no chat people put up songs for me to duet with yet? IT'S FREE PEOPLE

twitch.tv/sniperguygaming

beacons:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Shivahn wrote: »

The LSD experience

You won't get arrested

I think the calmest and least stressed I am is when something acute is very wrong. E.g., I'm locked out of the house or something. Having a concrete, immediate problem to solve puts me in a flow-ish state, which is neat. I recommend it as opposed to panicking.

Right, it was sort of like that, but the concrete, immediate solution was to trust the people around me.

Winky on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would choose Jay Som, Japanese Breakfast, Hand Habits, Harley Heyenderickx, or Jessica Pratt as infinitely better/more interesting singer songwriters

• Options
    there's a roland topor story that ends with the line "everybody wants to fuck the queen, but nobody wants to marry her" that i keep wanting to reference because it has the feel of like, the punchline to an ur-joke

but then i'm like

i'm pretty sure i'm the only person this reference would be for

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/04/glowing-genitalia-reveal-identity-mysterious-millipedes
    When the mug shots were done, they found that some species’s genitals glowed different colors—a dazzling variety of greens and blues, they report today in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. Others simply stood out more under the UV lighting.

omg party penises

@Arch

Trace on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Re: hallucinogens, I would like to try but I'm apprehensive

My specific experience of anxiety is about spiraling, detailed imagined scenarios that spin into vivid life from trivial stressors or none at all

This seems like a vulnerability

I would say that this is a concern and you could potentially have an unpleasant experience with hallucinogens. On the other hand, a hallucinogenic experience could be beneficial as a learning opportunity, building up mental habits to help you better manage such spiraling ruminations.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I feel this way about most Screaming Females songs

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

The LSD experience

You won't get arrested

It probably helps that if you said anything odd, if you skipped or substituted words, mumbled, or seemed distractible, it would have been conveniently blamed on the fact that you just hit your head.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    If you're gonna trip just be sure to do it in a place you are super comfortable with. That is like 90% of the problem. You do not want to trip for you the first time somewhere you do not feel comfortable in.

• Options
    Japanese breakfast so gud

Also the band

• Options
    spiraling, but in a junji ito kind of way

• Options
    spiraling, but in a junji ito kind of way

this is my hole

• Options
    I would choose Jay Som, Japanese Breakfast, Hand Habits, Harley Heyenderickx, or Jessica Pratt as infinitely better/more interesting singer songwriters

I bounced way hard off latest Heyenderickx offering.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I'm not really concerned about hallucinations at all, more about whether a dissociative drug would lead me to worse catastrophizing spirals due to my existing state of mind (especially if I'm anxious about the drug)

Mushrooms are probably a good start since they aren't terribly intense afaik

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    If you're gonna trip just be sure to do it in a place you are super comfortable with. That is like 90% of the problem. You do not want to trip for you the first time somewhere you do not feel comfortable in.

But I'm not comfortable anywhere

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

What was that?

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

Yeah. I'd say: comfortable place, reasonably quiet, people you trust, and somebody who is experienced as a guide.

Stretch goal tier one: easy access to both private spaces and natural spaces. Like a house next to a park.

Stretch goal tier two: make sure the experienced-friend keeps a light dose of some benzodiazepine, Xanax or similar, handy.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    there's a roland topor story that ends with the line "everybody wants to fuck the queen, but nobody wants to marry her" that i keep wanting to reference because it has the feel of like, the punchline to an ur-joke

but then i'm like

well we're all primed for it now so we'll be ready next time it's appropriate

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

The LSD experience

You won't get arrested

It probably helps that if you said anything odd, if you skipped or substituted words, mumbled, or seemed distractible, it would have been conveniently blamed on the fact that you just hit your head.

Oh, no, I just told them outright that I was on LSD, and quite a lot of it.

Avoiding legal trouble was the last thing I cared about at that moment.

• Options

What was that?

The one with Need to start a garden or somesuch

• Options
    I'm not really concerned about hallucinations at all, more about whether a dissociative drug would lead me to worse catastrophizing spirals due to my existing state of mind (especially if I'm anxious about the drug)

Mushrooms have a greater chance to spiral IMO experience

It’s a different trip where you’re maybe more sensitive?

Acid is just rocket fuel; you’re on he ride and there is no choice but just to go

• Options
    also if you plan to trip i would recommend throwing on some kneepads, maybe some thick gloves

• Options

but then i'm like

well we're all primed for it now so we'll be ready next time it's appropriate

Remember that post Elendil made earlier? This is a reference to that.

• Options

*nods* The usual wisdom is that psilocybin is less intense than LSD. Personally, I find the opposite to be true. But I'm also the guy who likes black licorice and dislikes poetry, so it's entirely plausible that I am actually an extraterrestrial in a human suit

• Options

What was that?

The one with Need to start a garden or somesuch

That album is great! If you’re not into breathy folk you probably won’t dig it but hat album is great front to back

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Maybe I should just eat a fistful of salvia while in an abandoned building

• Options

i know an abandoned doll factory that would be perfect

• Options
    also if you plan to trip i would recommend throwing on some kneepads, maybe some thick gloves

Well, honestly I would just recommend not watching a show that has a scene where someone wakes up during surgery, find yourself entirely mentally unable to take this, hop to your feet and run into the bathroom before you realize all your blood is rushing from your head.

• Options

i know an abandoned doll factory that would be perfect

i unironically love this idea

• Options
    Scooby doo but real and you’re on a copious amount of peyote

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

also be sure to move any major appointments to next fall

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.