Options

[Chat] it is what's for dinner!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    I never did understand why nobody in star trek just fucks off to the holodeck for the rest of their lives.

Post scarcity and all I mean.

People do, they just don't tend to be in Starfleet.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I never did understand why nobody in star trek just fucks off to the holodeck for the rest of their lives.

They would but Riker kept using it.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

There's gotta be lots of non-starfleet slackers on Earth.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    25qryl9433t21.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&s=f45bbb43f90b7c36416ff030e4e3f9aca70e48d4

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Re: hallucinogens, I would like to try but I'm apprehensive

My specific experience of anxiety is about spiraling, detailed imagined scenarios that spin into vivid life from trivial stressors or none at all

This seems like a vulnerability

I only did them the once but I found it sort of hard to spiral because your consciousness is so fractured

I wept openly and then 20 seconds later I was laughing so hard at my brothers dumb dog I teared up again

As long as you have distractions like people talking to you or cute animals around you won’t get “spun out” as the kids call it

tbh this sounds terrible

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Tcheldor I haven't read the books but what I gather from wikipedia quiet a bit different?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    25qryl9433t21.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&s=f45bbb43f90b7c36416ff030e4e3f9aca70e48d4

lol get rekt you greedy bear

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I wept openly and then 20 seconds later I was laughing

Not much different than EM's standard emotionally vulnerable days then

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    @Preacher I ordered a pint of Oberon @ 5.8%, they accidentally poured a Bells Two-Hearted at 7% and gave me both

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Katana Zero

Is good

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Katana Zero

Is good

What is

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Katana Zero

Is good

Tell me about it!

• Options
    You probably had me at katana

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I guess I always assumed everyone on earth was liking running a small restaurant or bookstore or something.

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    You probably had me at katana

IKUZE—SEKIRO!

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    How my blood boils!

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I hate all those trashy holonovels about adventure and derring-do

give me a sophisticated holonovel about a middle aged holonovel designer who's in a relationship with a younger student in his holodeck class

wandering on
  • Options
    I'm really feeling the weeaboo energy lately. Ghost of Tsushima, plz soon

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    fighting the boss i missed on my first playthrough of sekiro

this is absofuckinglutely ridiculous

after four attempts i have made no meaningful headway whatsoever

• Options
    i do no damage and the posture regen is pure insanity

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    fighting the boss i missed on my first playthrough of sekiro

this is absofuckinglutely ridiculous

after four attempts i have made no meaningful headway whatsoever
    daddy v2?

• Options

I want that but no ps4

• Options
    desc wrote: »

I want that but no ps4

I know the solution to that

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

My specific experience of anxiety is about spiraling, detailed imagined scenarios that spin into vivid life from trivial stressors or none at all

I only did them the once but I found it sort of hard to spiral because your consciousness is so fractured

I wept openly and then 20 seconds later I was laughing so hard at my brothers dumb dog I teared up again

As long as you have distractions like people talking to you or cute animals around you won’t get “spun out” as the kids call it

tbh this sounds terrible

Again, it’s not really an experience you go into with the assumption of pleasantness. It’s more about intensity of experience and warping your experience in ways you did not know your brain was capable of. It breaks you out of your normal perception of reality which allows you to have new perspectives on things or challenge assumptions you had taken for granted about your relationship with the world around you.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

tbh this sounds terrible

It was one of the greatest days of my life

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I often go into it with the assumption of pleasantness tbh, and that's speaking as someone who has a deep appreciation for the kind of work than can be done with these substances

• Options
    Are you in NG+ or a fresh game?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    This is your yearly reminder that y'all need to change your bed sheets more than once every 4 months.

ah

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I often go into it with the assumption of pleasantness tbh, and that's speaking as someone who has a deep appreciation for the kind of work than can be done with these substances

Right, but that’s as someone who already knows what they’re in for and how to navigate it. When you’re not scared and you have something beautiful or interesting around to appreciate it’s just a straight positive experience. But that’s not generally until you already have internalized that nothing about it can hurt you.

Meanwhile, it’s not uncommon to have absolutely harrowing experiences, generally if you have something to work through it gets dragged to the surface.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Bowen if the sheets need to be changed three times a year why is the reminder only once a year

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I wanted to try doing a spirit quest with psychedelics or hallucinogens but honestly given my love of horror movies and WH40K I'm fairly certain I'd just spend a couple hours screaming my throat bloody about being trapped in the Warp

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    he used a stun move twice in one combo COME ON

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You’re an assassin who gets a new target for each level

You might get specific instructions like don’t talk to them, or don’t kill anyone but them

Gameplay is like Celeste with bullet time

Super Gorey, good music

And then between levels you drink tea, pass out on the couch, and talk to your therapist

@desc @Evil Multifarious

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Went by the grocery store and saw one brand of eggs cost $7.35 for a dozen, double the price of the other free range eggs. I would like to imagine these luxury eggs came from chickens nesting atop velvet pillows and receiving full-body massages twice daily.

• Options
    Or utterly convinced that I just solved the lament configuration and oh sweet god the walls are shining with such light

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    And then between levels you drink tea, pass out on the couch, and talk to your therapist

like, in the game or

• Options
    That sounds

very good.

• Options
    he just did one hit that did my entire health bar

cool
    cool
    cool
    cool

cool

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil do I need to say our nicene creed

Git gud

• Options
    edited April 2019
    A FromSoftware game being cheap on a boss fight

*fans self*

why I do declare

Havelock2.0 on
This discussion has been closed.