[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It's the same reason that people who whine at the restaurant get their meal comped even though everyone knows they just want the free meal. It's cheaper and easier to just give them what they want then to cause a scene and ruin things for everyone else.

I'm of the opinion that hitting the chair in front of you is not an acceptable recourse unless you are being physically injured or in serious danger. Asking someone to pull their seat for a specific purpose, and then having them recline their seat again when you are finished, should have been an acceptable outcome. Your justification was eating a meal. You finished the meal. Hence there is no longer any reason for the other person to continue leaving their seat up. If you wanted them to keep their seat up for the duration of the flight then ask them for that. Giving a temporary reason and then expecting permanent results is socially immature behavior and logically nonsensical besides.

The seat reclines. If it wasn't acceptable to recline the seat, then the airline shouldn't allow the seats to recline.

Here are the rules of being an asshole:
    1. Being right doesn't mean you get to be an asshole.
    2. Someone else being an asshole to you doesn't mean you get to be an asshole.
    3. Don't be an asshole.

The second this guys started hitting her seat, he became an asshole. This is the kind of behavior you expect from small children, not grown adults.

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
    NitsuakimeMichaelLCshrykeFiendishrabbitGiantGeek2020Kayne Red RobeGnome-InterruptusHappylilElfElvenshaetynicBullheadZundeBlackDragon480JebusUDDuke 2.0Rhesus PositiveHappy Little MachineSmrtnikGvzbgulLocal H Jayvalhalla130SiskaJaysonFourKetarbalerbowerL Ron HowardCojo Mojo
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    valhalla130Incenjucarautono-wally, erotibot300L Ron HowardNobeard
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    You hang out here often, officer?

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    FryL Ron Howard
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So he's filming instead of helping? People these fucking days.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

A lot of police in the US are like wasps, they will sting you because THEY are having a bad day

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    ChiselphaneXaquinKayne Red RobeRingoMoridin889MvrckDavid WalgasCouscousSkeithMadicanSorceHefflingNinja Snarl Pwebguy20I ZimbraknitdanStabbity StyleTNTrooperDibbitMulysaSemproniusvalhalla130JaysonFourdurandal4532marajiIncenjucarautono-wally, erotibot300L Ron HowardNobeardJoolander
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    BMW demonstrates how not to handle a traffic circle

shrykeMoridin889Stabbity StyleSmrtnikRingoJoolander
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Them Duke boys are at it again.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    FryWiseManTobesElvenshaeRhesus PositivefurlionForarBullheadSmrtnikshrykeHefflingNobeardvalhalla130JaysonFourXaquinmarajiKetarL Ron HowardGnome-InterruptusDoodmannJoolandermjn6172Munkus BeaverMagic Pink
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

A lot of police in the US are like wasps, they will sting you because THEY are having a bad day

I'd help the guy if he was clearly in trouble or something, but yeah, it's just not worth the risk of helping him out. You might be lucky and he might be a regular guy, or he might be a militant asshole who instigates a situation that puts you in a hospital, puts him on paid vacation, and you spend the next five years recovering from major physical injury while trying to sue the police precinct for keeping a psychopath employed.

The guy has a radio and probably a cell phone as well, let him get over his ego and call for help.

naengwenKayne Red RobeSmrtnikIncenjucarL Ron HowardGnome-Interruptus
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Them Duke boys are at it again.

Ya everytime it hits the boulder and launches I heard that theme

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Elvenshae
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Pretty great example of why roundabouts are about a thousand times better than four-way intersections. Given that the driver didn't even notice the roundabout, they would've blasted through stop signs at max speeds until they inevitably hit another car and injured/killed somebody. Instead, the roundabout ate up most of the crash energy and there was minor damage to other parked vehicles, and even the driver was unharmed.

Really, the roundabout should've been even more built-up to do more to stop a stupid driver, but I guess the builders did not reasonably expect somebody flying through a neighborhood at a hundred MPH.

Kayne Red RobeSmrtnikRingoGvzbgulHefflingNobeardL Ron HowardGnome-InterruptusDoodmann
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    Pretty great example of why roundabouts are about a thousand times better than four-way intersections. Given that the driver didn't even notice the roundabout, they would've blasted through stop signs at max speeds until they inevitably hit another car and injured/killed somebody. Instead, the roundabout ate up most of the crash energy and there was minor damage to other parked vehicles, and even the driver was unharmed.

Really, the roundabout should've been even more built-up to do more to stop a stupid driver, but I guess the builders did not reasonably expect somebody flying through a neighborhood at a hundred MPH.

I'm sure that boulder has had this dream every day tho, that boulder was so happy.

edit: dammit now I need a version with stick arms and googly eyes on the boulder

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    RanlinFryShadowfireElvenshaeKayne Red RobeSmrtnikRingoshrykeHefflingMvrckNobeardTofystedethOneAngryPossumL Ron HowardGnome-InterruptusJoolander
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    That video is one reason why over here we tend to build up the center of roundabouts. I’m talking a brick wall at least 2 feet tall, substantial landscaping inside the circle. One i know of just has a 6 foot high mound of dirt inside a brick wall. It’s not pretty but nobody is launching off of it.

The other thing we've started doing is to introduce artificial curves into the approach, to force a slowdown.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Roundabouts can be a problem for emergency service vehicles in the US. They often have to cut into the center area which is why they are sometimes not built up to allow this.

ElvenshaeshrykeNitsua
    Yeah i should clarify we usually have a bit of a raised lip so semitrucks and fire engines can negotiate the turn, but the very center is built up

Gvzbgul
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    That video is one reason why over here we tend to build up the center of roundabouts. I’m talking a brick wall at least 2 feet tall, substantial landscaping inside the circle. One i know of just has a 6 foot high mound of dirt inside a brick wall. It’s not pretty but nobody is launching off of it.

The other thing we've started doing is to introduce artificial curves into the approach, to force a slowdown.

The problem with building up the center is it blocks your line of sight.

Several of the ones here have giant sculptures and trees in the center, really annoying.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Gvzbgulhonovere
    All you need to see is the traffic approaching you within the roundabout so you know when you can go

Rhesus PositiveElvenshaeSmrtnikPhoenix-DNobeardStabbity StyleL Ron Howard
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    edited February 15
    I am awake and I consider this to be a huge mistake.

edit: meant to post this in chat but I guess this'll go right eventually.

Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    RanlinNyysjanknitdanHappylilElfDibbitMichaelLCkimeForarDevoutlyApatheticDavid WalgasElvenshaeGiantGeek2020VishNubTNTrooperHahnsoo1Steel AngelRingoshrykeHefflingMvrckTofystedethvalhalla130NobeardAntinumericTynnanJaysonFourdavidsdurionsXaquinmarajiStabbity StyleL Ron HowardJoolandermjn6172Magic Pink
  • Mr.WangtangMr.Wangtang Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    The problem with building up the center is it blocks your line of sight.

Several of the ones here have giant sculptures and trees in the center, really annoying.

The point of building up the centre is that it blocks the line of sight, hopefully people will slow down if they can't see that they can just blast straight through.

Mr.Wangtang on
    Smrtnik
  • webguy20webguy20 I Spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Also technically that is just a 4 way intersection with a traffic control circle (meant to just slow down traffic) and not a true roundabout. The core concept still holds though. We have a big two lane roundabout here and it's awesome, and over the last 10 years I've only seen a couple people going around it backwards. It has a space about a lane wide of brick so big trucks can navigate it, but then the middle is some trees and landscaping that is probably 3 feet above the level of the road. It's real nice looking.

This was what it was like when it was built, everything's grown up in the last 10 years or so.

ParkwayRoundabout.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    FryDevoutlyApatheticAimPolaritieStabbity StyleL Ron Howardknitdan
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 15

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, I'm sure the owner of that parked car will disagree after getting the assessment on the damage that boulder did.

Hevach on
    OrcaNobeard
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, I'm sure the owner of that parked car will disagree after getting the assessment on the damage that boulder did.

That is all going to the flying cars insurance who will probably be throwing in a rental and a you can't talk to a lawyer anymore check.

steam_sig.png
    SmrtnikHefflingMoridin889L Ron Howard
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    knitdan wrote: »
    All you need to see is the traffic approaching you within the roundabout so you know when you can go

It's like taking a blind corner for several seconds. I like to see more than 3 meters ahead of me when I'm driving.

The one by the Parnell library also gets backed up, and I basically can't see if it's clear before heading around which means stopping in the traffic circle.

Blocking line of sight is bad and makes driving more dangerous.

edit: like there's only 3 or so traffic circles that do that. Every other one is low enough to see over so you can see if all the roads are clear and what's ahead of you.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Orca
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Cake gone wrong, or cake gone right?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    OrcaBlackDragon480ElvenshaeNyysjankimeMichaelLCfurlionshrykeMoridin889PolaritieTofystedethvalhalla130chromdomHappylilElfTNTrooperRichydavidsdurionsXaquinStabbity StyleKlytusGnome-InterruptusTeriferinmjn6172
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    A little of column A, a little from column B.

"Never believe management about anything anywhere." -Aistan
    GiantGeek2020SorceTofystedethmarajiGnome-Interruptus
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I've had nightmares less disturbng than that video. In fact I've had nightmares exactly like that video.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Nobeardkime
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I'm assuming there's a lot of fondant involved, so clearly gone wrong in terms of edibility.

ElvenshaeBursarMoridin889NobeardGiantGeek2020TynnanTetraRayMortiousHefflingchromdomNyysjanSoggybiscuitOneAngryPossumStabbity StyleSteel AngelIncenjucarL Ron HowardDavid WalgasKayne Red RobehonovereAridholJoolanderMulysaSemproniusmjn6172
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    *cuts the apple*

Okay that was pretty good.

*cuts the hand and arm*

Kinda creepy but still neat!

*cuts the glass of water*

STOP.

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    ElvenshaeHappylilElfFryGiantGeek2020webguy20TetraRayOrcaRhesus PositiveWiseManTobesXaquinStabbity StyleL Ron HowardJoolander
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    *cuts the apple*

Okay that was pretty good.

*cuts the hand and arm*

Kinda creepy but still neat!

*cuts the glass of water*

STOP.

Next season of His Dark Materials gon be cray cray

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    ElvenshaeMrMonroeRhesus PositiveSkeithL Ron Howard
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I can't help but imagine cake that taste like the thing it looks like. The pancake cake is ok, but I can't even with that salad cake.

I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    kime
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I can't help but imagine cake that taste like the thing it looks like. The pancake cake is ok, but I can't even with that salad cake.

What? No. You want salad that tastes like cake.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    marajiPolaritie
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Well if anyone needs me after that video i will be sobbing into the void cause that's nightmarish.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    That feels like a Stand power from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. "Anything cut by my Stand's knife is actually cake."

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    TofystedethKayne Red Robe
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    At my friend's birthday party a few years back, his girlfriend got him one of those crazy detailed cakes. The fondant they use to get that control and detail tastes like garbage and ruins the cake.

Just give me a regular cake, plz.

EDIT: Which isn't to say that the artistry isn't incredible.

But I would rather look at one of those cakes than eat it, which is crazypants to actually say and yet here we are.

Nova_C on
    shrykeDuke 2.0NobeardGnome-InterruptusKayne Red Robe
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    At my friend's birthday party a few years back, his girlfriend got him one of those crazy detailed cakes. The fondant they use to get that control and detail tastes like garbage and ruins the cake.

But I would rather look at one of those cakes than eat it, which is crazypants to actually say and yet here we are.

Those cakes are made for looking, not eating. If you want to have a crazy detailed cake and you want a good cake to eat, buy two cakes.

Better yet, ditch the eating cake and get some pie.

Nova_CshrykeStabbity StylekimeElvenshaeRingodavidsdurionsIncenjucarMoridin889TofystedethL Ron HowardPolaritie
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Those cakes are made for looking, not eating. If you want to have a crazy detailed cake and you want a good cake to eat, buy two cakes.

There are few situations in which pie is not the superior choice.

RingoMoridin889SageinaRage
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

And those are just called cobblers anyhow. Still pie. Still excellent.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Ringo
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Counterpoint: tres leche cake.

I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    ShadowfireTofystedethXaquinElvenshaeSkeith
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    Mediocre cake > mediocre pie
    Excellent pie >>> excellent cake

Unless it's pumpkin.

Mediocre pumpkin pie = excellent pumpkin pie

Ringowebguy20
  • RingoRingo HE KEEPS REPEATING THE LINE I'M GONNA CRY BLEASE LET HIM LIVE YOU MADE ME WATCH SO MUCH KISSING IN THIS FILM LET INIGO LIVERegistered User regular
    If it's made by Hostess or similar, doesn't matter if it says "fruit pie" or "cupcake" in the name. Trash tier pastries are their own thing and have no place in the cake vs pie debate

Also cheesecake has a crust. It is a pie. Don't @ me with your silly edge cases, cake people. Pie 4evar

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    ForarshrykeElvenshae
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 16
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Mediocre cake > mediocre pie
    Excellent pie >>> excellent cake

Unless it's pumpkin.

Mediocre pumpkin pie = excellent pumpkin pie

Mediocre cake > mediocre pumpkin pie = Excellent pumpkin pie >>> excellent cake

Seems legit

Fry on
    marajiElvenshaeMrMonroe