Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Bad News Gone Right]: The Return

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Intelligence is quite an arbitrary reason to not eat something so you can just pick a different arbitrary thing

I eat nothing that features in the Redwall series of books

*stares longingly at the badger aisle in the supermarket*

ElvenshaefurlionHahnsoo1OrcaTofystedethStabbity StyleVishNubXaquinDuke 2.0Rius
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Intelligence is quite an arbitrary reason to not eat something so you can just pick a different arbitrary thing

Those books have some of the most lavish descriptions for food that is not actually food I have ever read. By then end of them I was thinking maybe acorn really is that good, you know?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Rhesus PositiveNitsuaElvenshaeOrcaTofystedethStabbity StyleLoisLane
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 6
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12273971
    A male cat has been left needing a glucose drip after it mated with at least five females in one night when he was let out of his cage by pet hotel staff.

Xiaopi, a Russian Blue, was left at the pet hotel by his owners, Mr and Mrs Zhao, in Guangdong Province in South China.

Mr Zhao said he had specifically told the business that Xiaopi had not been neutered.

"I thought they'd be professional, but the staff member didn't feed Xiaopi during the day and let him out to roam freely at night," the cat owner posted on social media.

"That's right, all the cats were free to walk around the shop and then the employee went home.

"Between around 10.40pm and 5am, my cat mated with five female cats. And those are only the ones I could see in the CCTV footage."
    7VBLXQGDFFDX3NYUT377NAMPLQ.png
    NIRTFPD7CNEZPBDVZUWR6IHEAI.png
    Yeah, that cat looks like I would expect.

Couscous on
    Gnome-InterruptusBlackDragon480chromdomkimeAngelHedgieElvenshaeSnicketysnickAridholwebguy20L Ron HowardTNTrooperMr FuzzbuttSkeithShadowfireBullheadPolaritieStabbity StyleLoisLaneSoggybiscuitHefflingNobeardmarajiHappylilElfJoolanderDavid WalgasCaptain InertiashrykeThe Sauce
    A young Greebo

RchanenfurlionSmrtnikBlackDragon480ChiselphaneElvenshaeSnicketysnickDundertynicTNTrooperTofystedethStabbity Stylehonovere
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Sounds more like a cat bordello than hotel to me.

Kayne Red RobechromdomOrcawebguy20Stabbity Stylemaraji
  • RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    I'm surprised it didn't give away the game when they had to pay by the hour.

Elvenshae
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    A young Greebo

Given the lack of carbing up during the day, a minimum five service evening is impressive.

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited October 6

Never had rabbit?

Actually were there rabbits in Redwall? I remember hares but not sure about rabbits.

Brovid Hasselsmof on

Never had rabbit?

Actually were there rabbits in Redwall? I remember hares but not sure about rabbits.

The rabbits were wimpy non-fighters as opposed to the poshboy hares, so they weren't given much focus

Also yes, I've eaten rabbit and squirrel and hedgehog (flavoured crisps, which I suspect are a novelty and contain no hedgehog)

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I saw the video of the cows playing with a beachball, and I still love beef, pigs are going to do some really impressive stuff for me to stop considering them delicious.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    There are some occasions where you have to wear something special, like defending your dissertation:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    chromdomkimeSkeithdavidsdurionsPolaritieRhesus PositiveRchanenNitsuaCalicaShadowfirewebguy20ElvenshaeTofystedethBlackDragon480HappylilElfRichyNobeardMvrckSorceSnicketysnickFANTOMASJoolanderMayabirdSanderJKKadokenmarajiSteel AngelRMS OceanicXaquinmrpakumjn6172HefflingJacobyHappy Little MachineLoisLaneCojo MojoMagic PinkThe SauceBliss 101Rius
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 8

Lottery ticket purchases

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Those books have some of the most lavish descriptions for food that is not actually food I have ever read. By then end of them I was thinking maybe acorn really is that good, you know?

Its mostly real there's a cookbook. Jacques was big on making everything vegetarian for the prey animals

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    furlionCalicaElvenshaemarajiTarantioKadoken
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    I saw the video of the cows playing with a beachball, and I still love beef, pigs are going to do some really impressive stuff for me to stop considering them delicious.

Nobody’s claiming that they’re not delicious

Magic Pink
    Meet Holly, your 2019 Fat Bear Week champion:

RMS OceanicTofystedethPolaritieShadowfireXaquinOrcaGnome-InterruptusElvenshaeCaptain InertiaTNTrooperHappylilElfMvrckFiendishrabbitNobeardkimeBlackDragon480Duke 2.0SkeithLoisLaneDavid WalgasfurlionInquisitor77TynnanshrykeThe Sauce
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That's certainly a Holly jolly bear

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    RMS OceanicXaquinElvenshaeNobeardwebguy20Kadoken
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

Its mostly real there's a cookbook. Jacques was big on making everything vegetarian for the prey animals

Except for fish

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Meet Holly, your 2019 Fat Bear Week champion:

Hello

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    XaquinRMS OceanicNitsuaElvenshaeDoodmannShadowfireRhesus PositiveBlackDragon480webguy20RchanenSkeithfurlionKadokenForar
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    GET OUTTA HERE VISH

VishNubFryKadoken
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    It's really great that Holly won this year. She's a great bear, the mother of 89 Backpack and 719 (now a 5 year old female bear) as well as the adoptive mother of 503 Cubadult. She's also been quite close to winning Fat bear week a couple of times now.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    DoodmannVishNubCalicaNobeardFryBlackDragon480Gnome-InterruptusCarpyDuke 2.0SorceI ZimbraTynnanMagic PinkKadokenForar
    It's really great that Holly won this year. She's a great bear, the mother of 89 Backpack and 719 (now a 5 year old female bear) as well as the adoptive mother of 503 Cubadult. He's also been quite close to winning Fat bear week a couple of times now.

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    BlackDragon480marajiKadoken
    The adoptive mother thing though is really interesting, though. I wonder how common that is. You hear about the opposite (murdering juveniles of different parentage) all the time, but that’s generally in pack animals.

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    NobeardSkeith
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Geese apparently do it all the time.

steam_sig.png
    Duke 2.0
    edited October 11
    VishNub wrote: »
    The adoptive mother thing though is really interesting, though. I wonder how common that is. You hear about the opposite (murdering juveniles of different parentage) all the time, but that’s generally in pack animals.

It's described as "Very rare" in brown bears, and slightly more common (but not that common) among black bears.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    Maybe she lost a cub and a new one showed up in the right window of time?

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    Brovid Hasselsmof

Or maybe she's just a bear with very strong mothering instincts. She was raising 719 at the same time.

VishNubNobeard

Or maybe she's just a bear with very strong mothering instincts. She was raising 719 at the same time.

That's a lot of cubs. What's one more?

steam_sig.png
    NobeardRhesus PositiveOrcaAridholXaquinRchanenSkeithLoisLaneJoolanderNyysjanFANTOMASSorceEncTynnanCaptain InertiaKadoken

That's a lot of cubs. What's one more?

Booo! Boooo!

VishNubTofystedethElvenshaeThe SauceCaptain InertiaKadoken
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Bad news: we all wish we'd thought of this.

Japan ninja student gets top marks for writing essay in invisible ink

Jedoc wrote: »
    The GOP cares about babies until they're born, soldiers until they're in need of care, and families until they interfere with stockholder dividends.
    KruitePolaritieElvenshaekimeNobeardRMS OceanicBlackDragon480Gnome-Interruptuswebguy20OrcaNitsuaXaquinMoridin889RchanenSkeithLoisLaneJoolanderKayne Red RobeSorceMulysaSemproniusCojo Mojomjn6172EncThe SauceKadoken
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Adopting or murder?
    With geese, I'm never quite sure.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    FryCalicaGnome-Interruptus
  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »

We didn't have a class on ninja history in my school.

kimeRMS OceanicRhesus PositiveBlackDragon480TNTrooperElvenshaeSorceHefflingmarajidiscriderKadoken
    see317 wrote: »

Adopting or murder?

Adopting. Apparently mother geese will just take any old gosling in. Did I have 5? 8? Who knows?

steam_sig.png
    Gnome-InterruptusDuke 2.0Sorce
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Such bullshit that if a wild animal takes a random baby it's adorable, but I do it to a kid in the mall I'm suddenly on the 6:00 news.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
    HappylilElfkimeKruiteElvenshaePolaritieJacobyGnome-InterruptusVishNubTNTrooperOrcaAridholMoridin889RchanenSkeithLoisLaneJoolanderSnicketysnickSteel Angelfurlionmjn6172EncmarajiTynnanMagic PinkshrykeRiusKadokenForar
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Adopting or murder?

Adopting. Apparently mother geese will just take any old gosling in. Did I have 5? 8? Who knows?

Ok look in defense of geese they have to spend a lot of time trivially annoying people with no eyes so you can't really expect them to keep track of how many goslings they have

Captain CarrotJacobymarajiKadokenNobeard
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    Such bullshit that if a wild animal takes a random baby it's adorable, but I do it to a kid in the mall I'm suddenly on the 6:00 news.

Well duh. You're supposed to take random wolf pups.

tynicJoolanderElvenshaeKadoken
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Well duh. You're supposed to take random wolf pups.

But those are so much harder to find in the local mall.
    Maybe one of those derelict abandoned malls would have a better selection though...

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    VishNub
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Calica wrote: »

We didn't have a class on ninja history in my school.

Not one you could find, anyway.

"Hello, Sensei Senseison-san."

GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    XaquinShadowfireMoridin889Gnome-InterruptusCouscousSteel AngelHahnsoo1webguy20Stabbity StyleNobeard
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Adopting or murder?

Have you dealt with kids? Suddenly I'm sympathetic to geese.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    PROTIP: When determining the name to use on your fake ID, do remember that yes, cops have watched Superbad:
    An underage University of Iowa student was arrested early Friday after police reported he possessed a “fake Hawaii ID with the name ‘McLovin,’” in his wallet.

NitsuaElvenshaekimeMoridin889TofystedethSorceSkeithGnome-InterruptusJoolandermarajiStabbity StyleMichaelLCknitdanThe SauceRius
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    And either way . . . that only worked because it was in the script, fella. That's not a name people actually have.