As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] how do I apply to join Team Yell

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Digimon is pretty ok.

Those new games seem like a good time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Digimon is everything Pokémon isn't

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

4y4CrYi.jpg

I guess Digimon's some of those things.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Digimon is pretty ok.

Those new games seem like a good time.

I don't think I've ever actually played a digimon game that wasn't the actual little keychain things

Isn't there a phone one coming out soon?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

SEEEEGAAAAA

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like Digimon but am bummed out that 9 times out of 10 all the mega powerful final form Digimon look like people with maybe an animal head or something

It is boring and weird and all the lady ones have huge tits and man I just want a cool T-Rex that breathes fire

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I like Digimon but am bummed out that 9 times out of 10 all the mega powerful final form Digimon look like people with maybe an animal head or something

It is boring and weird and all the lady ones have huge tits and man I just want a cool T-Rex that breathes fire

I definitely feel like pokemon has moved that way with its final evolves

Not the tits so much, but like, almost every starter's final evolve has been anthro for a while

I like the more animal based ones

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

4y4CrYi.jpg

I guess Digimon's some of those things.
    Digimon is definitely a priority.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

I definitely feel like pokemon has moved that way with its final evolves

Not the tits so much, but like, almost every starter's final evolve has been anthro for a while

I like the more animal based ones

Yeah, these human-shape pokemon are getting out of hand.

ry9mmUU.png

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I was disappointed that Litten didn't become like a monstrous tiger and just became a tiger man. That's also a disappointment in Digimon, especially compared to the series' early kind of... I dunno, grungy aesthetic? And I say that as a huge Digimon nerd that loves a lot of the humanoid designs, but it does get very samey.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I can't believe pokemon ripped off digimon
    Are you saying you've never seen any pokemon designed after Gen 1???

I can't believe digimon ripped off yokai watch

Digimon wishes it could be even half as creative and fun and yokai watch, the game about walrus spirits that make you fart.

FTFY.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Pokemon is the friends we made along the way...

and enslaved to fight for our amusement.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    I was disappointed that Litten didn't become like a monstrous tiger and just became a tiger man. That's also a disappointment in Digimon, especially compared to the series' early kind of... I dunno, grungy aesthetic? And I say that as a huge Digimon nerd that loves a lot of the humanoid designs, but it does get very samey.

I am willing to excuse Incineroar because he's a deliberate joke. Like everyone is tired of Fire/Fighting, here's a pokemon that is a literal fighter made of fire... buuut he's a heel fighter, so he's actually Fire/Dark. The joke would not have worked if Incineroar didn't look like the platonic concept of Fire/Fighting.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    "Too many of the high end digimon look like robots" is a very valid complaint but also,

I really like cool robots

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I know I've seen you play engineer.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Holy shit, Vice: Project Doom is getting a rerelease?!?!?!?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Are those the first Non-Nintendo published games on that service?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The first two times I read that as vice president doom, and I think I like it my way much more.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Kung-fu Heroes is one of my favourite NES games from when I was a kid.

It sucks but I love it.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I was really surprised to learn Super Mario Party has gotten 0 extra content since release.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DLC, from your Nintendo? It's less likely than you think!

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    It could really use another board or two.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Still waiting for a 50 round board!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Folks, Forager is just a real fun, pleasant game to play.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    The first two times I read that as vice president doom, and I think I like it my way much more.

RICHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

9dajdoe64yte.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »

I am willing to excuse Incineroar because he's a deliberate joke. Like everyone is tired of Fire/Fighting, here's a pokemon that is a literal fighter made of fire... buuut he's a heel fighter, so he's actually Fire/Dark. The joke would not have worked if Incineroar didn't look like the platonic concept of Fire/Fighting.

Thinking about it, I would not put it past Game Freak to have Scorbunny evolve into fire/fighting, but it's final form is a different typing.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Hmm, really? There's precisely one Digimon I come across regularly and it's not got boobs at all (well, not in official art), so that's surprising to hear.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Cooking Mama is back! And coming exclusively to Switch! And it's the first console game to, uh, "integrate blockchain technology on major consoles." Oh.
    Here's what the publisher is claiming that means:
    • Unique Blockchain Private-Keys – Each purchased copy of the game will have unique IDs which will be managed directly through the game’s internal wallet storage. Players will be able to focus on Cooking Mama’s user experience rather than cryptographic key management.
    • Private-Key Enabled Balanced DRM – Traditional DRM limits the ability to copy games, while private-keys on blockchain protocols allows easy registration. These combined items provide greater proof of ownership to legitimate owners of a game, while also allowing them to resell games both digitally and in traditional retail outlets.
    • Enhanced Multiplayer Experience with Dual Expression – This feature, when enabled, makes every copy of a game subtly different and personal to a user. It utilizes the private-key to change expression algorithms for characters, ingredients and cooking methods.
    • Securing Online Events – For promotional events, player records and participation can be tracked while maintaining privacy. In addition, hashes of the running game can be recorded to ensure the game has not been altered to create an unfair advantage.
    • Digital Assets, Rewards, Recognition – Users will be rewarded with in-game currency (or points, experience, and other items) or earn recognition and certificates. These could be provided by the game, other players, or third parties that host tournaments or other promotions.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense! However, there is one cool thing: There is a Vegetarian Mode, which replaces all the meat-based dishes with alternate ingredients and recipes.

Crippl3 on
  • Options

Hmm, really? There's precisely one Digimon I come across regularly and it's not got boobs at all (well, not in official art), so that's surprising to hear.

There are,

a lot more than you'd think digimon that are just "sexy lady in a themed bdsm outfit".

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Been playing Fantasy Life again on the 3DS and I really want a Switch port or sequel of this game or something like it

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Relatedly, I now realize Zeraora was Game Freak trying to steal Renamon's market share.

It didn't work.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Cooking Mama is back! And coming exclusively to Switch! And it's the first console game to, uh, "integrate blockchain technology on major consoles." Oh.
    Here's what the publisher is claiming that means:
    • Unique Blockchain Private-Keys – Each purchased copy of the game will have unique IDs which will be managed directly through the game’s internal wallet storage. Players will be able to focus on Cooking Mama’s user experience rather than cryptographic key management.
    • Private-Key Enabled Balanced DRM – Traditional DRM limits the ability to copy games, while private-keys on blockchain protocols allows easy registration. These combined items provide greater proof of ownership to legitimate owners of a game, while also allowing them to resell games both digitally and in traditional retail outlets.
    • Enhanced Multiplayer Experience with Dual Expression – This feature, when enabled, makes every copy of a game subtly different and personal to a user. It utilizes the private-key to change expression algorithms for characters, ingredients and cooking methods.
    • Securing Online Events – For promotional events, player records and participation can be tracked while maintaining privacy. In addition, hashes of the running game can be recorded to ensure the game has not been altered to create an unfair advantage.
    • Digital Assets, Rewards, Recognition – Users will be rewarded with in-game currency (or points, experience, and other items) or earn recognition and certificates. These could be provided by the game, other players, or third parties that host tournaments or other promotions.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense! However, there is one cool thing: There is a Vegetarian Mode, which replaces all the meat-based dishes with alternate ingredients and recipes.

This is difficult for me to parse because I don't understand blockchains, but I do like the idea of being able to re-sell digital titles

No idea how that would work with the closed garden of Nintendo's shop infrastructure, but the idea of more ownership (even if only of a license) is an intriguing one

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

This line in particular is complete horseshit, because in no universe was anyone thinking about this before they brought it up. It's just a new spin on DRM (blockchain is, very basically, DRM for any transaction you want to use it for--games, oil, banks, whatever), and if it does actually allow digital reselling I guess that's neat.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Cooking Mama is back and she’s all about crypto

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I’m sorry to report that The Cooking Mother is antivax.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    "No no no, don't buy graphics cards to mine cryptocurrencies!"

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Picked up Picto Quest, which bills itself as Picross with lite RPG trappings. Emphasis on LITE, you can get some helper items and there are 'quests' but its little more than window dressing. One unique thing it does is you fight against monsters; the monsters have HP bars and attack timers, you have a few hearts. If the attack timer fills up, they hit you for damage. If you solve a complete row, you not only damage them but reset their attack timer. So for a lot of the puzzles (especially boss fights, which as you might imagine hit harder so attack interrupts are more important) you have to work quickly, which is not my ideal way to play Picross. I have yet to have any amount of challenge regarding time yet though, but the pressure to go fast fast fast is pretty much the opposite of what I do this kind of puzzle for. Adding to time pressure is items pop up on the number guide for the rows, if you finish that specific row before the item disappears, you get that item.

It's.. OK. It doesn't force a tutorial section on you, which is great. It doesn't seem to have a ton of puzzles; not so great. (I played for about an hour and am already at 25% completion.) It animates the finished picture, which is neat. It doesn't record perfects though, which is a bummer; in fact there are some quests where the objective is a perfect, but you can still complete it with a few mistakes so what's the point.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Got my 8bitdo Sn30 Pro+ controller. It's a more modern design and quite nice to hold on to and use.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.