As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Revolutionary Girl [chat]

1888990919294»

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I had a meet and greet with the new people who are going to be taking care of Widget while I'm gone this weekend.

They take pictures every time they visit and send you a text with like a timestamp and checkmarks for food/water/litterbox and stuff. Which is maybe a little over the top, but I'll take it over "guy who forgets to feed Widget and then lies about it".

Anyway, the girl who's going to be feeding Widget had a couple really great shots of her:

eIlLXscl.jpg

NMEuvLPl.jpg

Widget has the best perpetually surprised face

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I used to love cooking for people. But too many times I’ve invited people over and they’ve canceled or I’ve brought a dish to a gathering and it wasn’t touched because people are afraid of chickpeas or something they can’t pronounce. They’re labors of love. I’d still love to cook for good friends but spending that time and energy for people to no show or be unadventurous is just devastating for me.

I want to post "Maybe you're just a bad cook" but it's beyond the pale tbh

I want you to know I had the thought, though

There aren’t a lot of things like this but my cooking skills are one of the few things so secure not even you or DK could abrade the edges

How about the two of us in concert, with diagrams and schedules, plotting to reveal "accidental" messages, to make sly comments, to mutter to others conspiratorially while glancing at you, carefully practicing faces of concealed disgust to employ at your events

I don't think we can get him on flavor or execution but we aren't sunk yet. You develop attacks based privileging of ingredients or flavors as "sophisticated". I'll go after presentation and artistic ability.

Wow, chu, that looks so... homemade. I bet it tastes really good though.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    The best wedding gift I ever did were custom M&Ms in a pewter dish. The M&Ms were their favorite colors (I contacted their parents to find out) and had their wedding date and names inscribed on them.
    Someone made it like the centerpiece of the wedding gift table and when they walked over they were like M&Ms???? oh I really like the colors. Wait.. is that our names? And our wedding date? Wow this is amazing who did this
    I snuck out the back door of the venue so I wouldn't receive any recognition.

All the other weddings I went to were kind of eh.
    Either I disliked one half of the couple or I spent all my money to get to the wedding because it wasnt local.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral I remember you recommending bell hooks and one other author for a book on masculinities

Are there any male authors well regarded?

@SummaryJudgment

The other book was probably Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent.

I also strongly recommend Triumphs of Experience by George Vaillant. I actually would recommend it higher than the other books.

I Don't Want to Talk About It by Terrance Real is specifically about male experiences of depression, but it deals strongly with the same general themes of other books on male psychology: stunted emotional range & emotional intelligence, weak interpersonal relationships, etc.

Raising Cain by Michael Thompson is an older book and I haven't read it recently to see if it holds up well, but it was good at the time.

Real Boys by William Pollack is okay, though he's pretty Freudian. He puts a lot of emphasis on the relationships between sons and their mothers, specifically, and engages in some gender essentialism why mothers are more important influences than fathers on young boys.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Reading the archives of a quest about managing a fictional greek city-state:
    5YyeHp8h.png

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Don’t worry, guys. You’ll always have the ability to make me stress-scratch bloodily at my neck about virtually every other piece of my sense of self

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, the issues with Azure may actually stem from Level 3 Communications / CenturyLink. So that's fun...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I used to love cooking for people. But too many times I’ve invited people over and they’ve canceled or I’ve brought a dish to a gathering and it wasn’t touched because people are afraid of chickpeas or something they can’t pronounce. They’re labors of love. I’d still love to cook for good friends but spending that time and energy for people to no show or be unadventurous is just devastating for me.

Chu when u make it out to Boston we will have potluckssss

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I want cookies so bad. And not GF cookies, nice, soft cookies. Thanks a lot assholes.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    @visiblehowl omg your precious babby!!!!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Off work until Wednesday!

Suck my dick and balls! Or don't, as is your preference, namaste

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh hey, the issues with Azure may actually stem from Level 3 Communications / CenturyLink. So that's fun...

Man Feral knows all about how good century link is, so your problem will be fixed soon.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Bring in a big old casserole of shakshuka for breakfast

Yasssss

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Off work until Wednesday!

Suck my dick and balls! Or don't, as is your preference, namaste

I think I might buy one of these for myself.

mug,standard,x1000,left-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    man if all the things could stop happening at work, that would be great. just like... form an orderly queue so I can deal with stuff one by one for a week.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hmmmm, gf is still not feeling the greatest so she won't be eating anything fancy.

What to make for dinner...

I made this a couple weeks ago and it was amazing

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spicy-sweet-sambal-pork-noodles

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    In other fun news to bury at the end of the chat:

My entire office is being rearranged. No one is being spared - every office is changing to better accomodate the fact that we are stuffing too many people into this workspace.

So... whee? I should have more storage post-move, but that means I need to probably pack up my board games and protect them until the move is done.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

There aren’t a lot of things like this but my cooking skills are one of the few things so secure not even you or DK could abrade the edges
    posts hot dog video

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

My entire office is being rearranged. No one is being spared - every office is changing to better accomodate the fact that we are stuffing too many people into this workspace.

So... whee? I should have more storage post-move, but that means I need to probably pack up my board games and protect them until the move is done.

you get to keep board games at your office?

do you...do you play them?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »

posts hot dog video

Artists are never appreciated in their time

• Options

I organize weekly board game lunches and participate in monthly after-hours events, yeah.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    I remember driving my fiancé to the mall and feeding him names of the people he needed to buy christmas gifts for one by one.

Taking the CVS scented candle out of his hands and pointing towards the Vera Bradley store as he was shopping for a gift for his mom.

Getting thanked by name in the thank you note despite my name not being featured anywhere on the gift. she somehow knew

Meanwhile Dan and I are so fucking bad at this that I think we jointly failed to cough up a wedding gift for one of our closest friends last year. Just never got around to it...

I did buy a bottle of wine though for the coworker who bought me fluids last week when I was dehydrated, and put thought into the selection and she seemed pleased, so I think that is a win for thoughtfulness

What kind did you get? What was your selection criteria?

@kamiro I was in nyc and walked through a farmer’s market so I got a $30 Pinot noir from a finger lakes vineyard, knowing that she likes dry reds and that probably she hasn’t had the occasion to try some random New York winery and the locational variation is probably interesting to her as a wine snob

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    A true artist never cares what the plebs feel about their craft.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    girl has a $30 credit at the library

as in the library owes HER $30

lol how in the what

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    girl has a $30 credit at the library

as in the library owes HER $30

lol how in the what

When you're so late returning books that there's a temporal paradox

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I'm all in on starting a weird commune

and also making a documentary about the weird commune so that when it implodes horribly there'd at least be an interesting documentary about the mess with a title like Losing Shangri-La

wandering on
  • Options

I organize weekly board game lunches and participate in monthly after-hours events, yeah.

@visiblehowl

Here's my little corner that I share with a roomie... and that I'll likely be losing in a month.

iQadcHSh.jpg

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.9

@Athenor will create the new thread
    @Preacher is backup

This discussion has been closed.