As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    forty wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    There's no comments on her though, so it's kind of speculative.
    Oh and yeah, it's super weird that Tracer didn't even get a dev comment with all those changes. Hell, they'll put dev comments on heroes that get one single minor change.

Did they edit the page? They have a big dev comment for tracer when I look at it.
    Developer Comment: We always have to be careful about introducing too much power into Hero designs that are both mobile and bursty, because even if they are balanced on paper, they can feel extremely oppressive to play against. When this does happen, our normal reaction is to slowly tune those Heroes down until they don’t feel awful to play against. Unfortunately, this can cause a variety of issues; in Tracer’s case, she became extremely reliant on a handful of other Heroes to really open up her kit and make it work. With her rework, we focused on trying to make her feel a bit more self-reliant while also giving opponents a bit more time to react to her Recall and lock her down. On top of this, we have rebuilt her talent tree in order to give our Pulse-Pistol wielding Heroine some fun new options while she time-jumps around the Nexus.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yep, they edited it. It wasn't there originally so I had to refresh the page.

dedgame life I guess

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I'm hearing that the impy bug is fixed.

:(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    edited May 2020
    It is hard to guess Cassia's immediate fate just from the patch notes, but it looks like her damage was nerfed rather significantly unless the new talents make up a lot of ground. Just baseline, her basic attacks and Fend took huge damage nerfs, and though she does get baseline 2 charges of Lightning Fury, they do less damage and have a longer cooldown now so that feels like at best a wash.

She also seems like she's going to be squishy as hell if she's ever caught without Avoidance. I know "just stun lol" is a meme, but she seems like she will be incredibly vulnerable not just to roots, but also stuns since so much of her survival is now going to be reliant on her constantly moving/stutter stepping. Hell, even Fending will open her up to getting exploded unless she takes the level 13 protectedlol talent.

I could easily be wrong because maybe I'm underestimating the new talents, but with these numbers I don't feel like she comes out of the rework any stronger, and I was under the impression she wasn't in a great spot now, performance-wise (can't check heroesprofile right now to confirm). I will say her level 20 heroic upgrades look to be a lot better. Infinite Lightning could be the ultimate Bronze league/bad ARAM team killer now.

MMMig wrote: »

Nooooo! Literally the day after I got to play with it. :(

forty on
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Cassia dealt a ton of damage in the game I got to play with her, but I'm fairly comfortable with her kit. I think she's got a lot of options now, which is great!

I've never been a fan of her fend builds, but I might try it out tonight.

Yeah, I think new Tass is probably undertuned.
    Vindicated!
    Tassadar
    Base

Health increased from 1550 to 1650.
    Health Regeneration increased from 3.23 to 3.44.
    Shock Ray [Q]
    Slow amount increased from 25% to 30%.
    Force Wall [E]
    Cooldown reduced from 21 to 18 seconds.
    Mana cost reduced from 70 to 65.
    Cast time reduced from .1 seconds to .0625 seconds.
    Birth time reduced from .5675 seconds to .5 seconds.
    Resonance Beam [Trait]
    Slow amount increased from 10% to 15%.
    Talents

Level 1
    Static Charge [Q]
    Bonus damage per stack increased from 4 to 5.
    Maximum bonus damage increased from 200 to 250.
    Khaydarian Amulet [Trait]
    Damage to additional targets increased from 50% to 75%.
    Level 4
    Induction [Q]
    Movement Speed bonus when casting Shock Ray increased from 15% to 20%.
    Movement Speed bonus when hitting an enemy Hero increased from 25% to 30%.
    Level 16
    Executor’s Will [Active]
    Spell Power bonus increased from 15% to 20%.
    Developer Comment: While he deals a whole lot of damage, Tassadar is performing a bit lower than we would like, so we are buffing up various parts of his kit that relate to his survivability and utility, while also increasing the potency of some of his talents. We expect these changes to put him in a much more competitive spot, while also filling a unique role with his ability to control the battlefield with various Slows and with Force Wall.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'm playing Orphea, trying out her new changes. So far so good. Get into a match with a 4 stack of BW/Cho'gall/Cassia. Well, aside from having a combo of Brightwing/Cho'gall, sure.

Zero macro, zero coordination in teamfights. They ALL fucking flip the fuck out on me and start yelling, saying I'm feeding, etc etc. Cho'gall ragepinged me early and yelled "wtf. stacks." And I'm just like "??? what?" "you're giving ZJ stacks" "...and you aren't? as cho'gall?" Meanwhile I check the scoreboard and ZJ had literally 1 stack, so, yknow. We're doing our hard camp and I anchor in the bush (since we have FOUR PEOPLE on the camp already) and BW FLIPS THE FUCK OUT and starts yelling at me "help us asshole" and I have to politely explain that I'm anchoring in a bush and providing vision in case of a potential invade, and that we already have four people on the camp, they do not need me.

They call me some rather colorful names. Mutes and reports for all. We lose the game because we had zero macro and zero coordination, but sure, blame the "rando pubby" for your loss, yes. That makes perfect sense, you dunning kruger dipshits.

I think that's enough HotS for today.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited May 2020
    Anyway hey, rage post aside: Orphea does feel a LOT better now with the baseline slow on E! She feels just like her old version. Her Ults feel SO much better to use now because you can lead them with E. Prior to this patch, landing either Ult was practically impossible. You'd get like one tick of Feast, two at most, and you would legit never be able to land Crushing Jaws on your own. Now all you need is E. That's it! It's so much more reliable now.

I've been trying E build out. I'm not 100% on the level 1 talent yet? I suppose it's fine. 40% more explosion damage and it's pretty easy to lead into it now with the slow. I feel like the Quest is almost never gonna be completed though. Mind Devourer is still quite good, but doesn't complete very easy. 40 hits is a steep requirement.

The baseline buff to Chomp is QUITE noticeable. It makes the stacking Chomp quest more attractive since it becomes that much easier to clear a wave now. The new shield on Abyssal Symbiosis seems really good. Lurking Terror felt.... meh, still. I dunno. It's a long range Chomp, I guess, but, meh. It just doesn't feel like it does enough.

I'll have to try out more tomorrow, but damn does she feel way better now.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Dibby wrote: »
    I've been trying E build out. I'm not 100% on the level 1 talent yet? I suppose it's fine. 40% more explosion damage and it's pretty easy to lead into it now with the slow. I feel like the Quest is almost never gonna be completed though.
    I'm not a fan of Quest talents of the "big instant payoff if you land X ability on Y heroes at once" variety. They're so binary and rely on either your team having a wombo enabler or your opponents clumping up for you. I might take it if the other team has a Samuro or maybe Rexxar since it puts extra bodies out there for piling up.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Anyway hey, rage post aside: Orphea does feel a LOT better now with the baseline slow on E! She feels just like her old version. Her Ults feel SO much better to use now because you can lead them with E. Prior to this patch, landing either Ult was practically impossible. You'd get like one tick of Feast, two at most, and you would legit never be able to land Crushing Jaws on your own. Now all you need is E. That's it! It's so much more reliable now.

I've been trying E build out. I'm not 100% on the level 1 talent yet? I suppose it's fine. 40% more explosion damage and it's pretty easy to lead into it now with the slow. I feel like the Quest is almost never gonna be completed though. Mind Devourer is still quite good, but doesn't complete very easy. 40 hits is a steep requirement.

The baseline buff to Chomp is QUITE noticeable. It makes the stacking Chomp quest more attractive since it becomes that much easier to clear a wave now. The new shield on Abyssal Symbiosis seems really good. Lurking Terror felt.... meh, still. I dunno. It's a long range Chomp, I guess, but, meh. It just doesn't feel like it does enough.

I'll have to try out more tomorrow, but damn does she feel way better now.

I always liked Orphea's Chompy Chompy quest :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited May 2020
    I've been trying E build out. I'm not 100% on the level 1 talent yet? I suppose it's fine. 40% more explosion damage and it's pretty easy to lead into it now with the slow. I feel like the Quest is almost never gonna be completed though.
    I'm not a fan of Quest talents of the "big instant payoff if you land X ability on Y heroes at once" variety. They're so binary and rely on either your team having a wombo enabler or your opponents clumping up for you. I might take it if the other team has a Samuro or maybe Rexxar since it puts extra bodies out there for piling up.

Generally, me neither, but you do get a flat baseline benefit even without completing the Quest.40% extra explosion damage feels pretty worth it to me. Is that better than 20% damage on Slowed/Stunned/Rooted targets? Not sure. The Quest component feels like a bonus to me, but, it also is a rather hefty power increase, so...

Yeah, I might just try going back to Ancestral Strength then. Growing Nightmare seems quite difficult to get value from.

I think Orphea's level 4s are still in a bit of a weird spot too though. Allegrissimo is only for Q build, there's no point taking that if you didn't take En Pointe (as an aside, I cannot make Q build work for me at all). Backbiter is still rather weak, I think that one might just need a complete retooling. That really only leaves.... Chaotic Assault. Which isn't bad, or anything, but it'd be nice to have more choices.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png

Yup, just confirmed for myself in Try mode. It's dead.

Hell, even Fending will open her up to getting exploded unless she takes the level 13 protectedlol talent.
    Whoops, I missed that she doesn't drop Avoidance during Fend. Still, you'd better have it pre-stacked before you commit to a Fend.

Alarak seems interesting. Once he gets the slow on w he can truly start using his aa 1.

Then at 16 with the cdr, it's kind of hilarious how fast his abilities come back. It felt like w had literally 0 cd.

It'll take some practice but it might be legit. I was staggering his abilities to maximize the cdr but frankly they were coming back so fast it felt like spamming some was worth it for maximum displacement.

Will def need more testing.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Artanis’ new AA talent at 1 felt a bit underwhelming. Granted I only tried out 2 QM games, one of which featured our team having 4 melee vs all range, so that may not have been the best metric.

Waiting for the inevitable Fan game where he stacks through the roof and deletes people. “We’re stacking out of our minds baby!”

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited May 2020
    Alarak seems interesting. Once he gets the slow on w he can truly start using his aa 1.

Then at 16 with the cdr, it's kind of hilarious how fast his abilities come back. It felt like w had literally 0 cd.

It'll take some practice but it might be legit. I was staggering his abilities to maximize the cdr but frankly they were coming back so fast it felt like spamming some was worth it for maximum displacement.

Will def need more testing.

I've always struggled playing Alarak with Q build or E build, and I've always wanted AA build to be a viable option (alas, it never was)

But NOW. But now.

I'mma get in there, fam.

Are you sure Lethal Onslaught wouldn't just be better though? Hmmm.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    I tried new Cassia last night for a few games. Some of her new talents are definitely more interesting and engaging, but the I had issues with the squishiness I feared reading the patch notes. If I got Frozen by e.g., Kel'thuzad I could just get exploded.

Also it looks like Deathwing nerf round... 3? 4? was finally enough to put him in a spot where he's just kind of average. He's definitely not an auto-pick anymore in Brawls.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Also it looks like Deathwing nerf round... 3? 4? was finally enough to put him in a spot where he's just kind of average. He's definitely not an auto-pick anymore in Brawls.

I haven't played him yet, he's finally affected? Boooo I liked DW :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular

I pick DW every game I'm allowed and do very well, these nerfs will be perfect since they barely impact my build.

Maybe I wont have to do as much banning mind games to get him now.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad Aba/Tracer is back in the meta.

If you're bored and love zerg...

blue map, mercs, ez kills
    *chef kiss*

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheSillyNigiriMcaT

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Wow, yeah, Tracer seems to have shot back up in the meta. Is she just way more survivable now? Her damage was nerfed, right?

EXiQT1QWkAImTer.jpg

new alarak who dis

Alarak's new level 1 is fucking real good, y'all. REAL GOOD. Q/E build never really worked out for me (could never land that damn triple Q, stacking E was kinda hard?) so I've always wanted a viable AA build and NOW WE IN THERE

Overwhelming Power, Show of Force, Hindered Motion, Counter Strike (you are not gosu enough to pull off Deadly Charge), Blade of the Highlord, Lethal Onslaught, Deadly Charge. GETTEM.

QM games been rough cause no frontline, but I finally got not one but TWO and I fuckin' bopped em, fam. Fuckin' BOPPED EM

DNiDlnb.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Wow, yeah, Tracer seems to have shot back up in the meta. Is she just way more survivable now? Her damage was nerfed, right?

She gets baseline leech now

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »

She gets baseline leech now
    I know, I just wondered how it was working out in practice vs. the damage nerf. Pretty good, apparently?

edited May 2020
    So it turns out Cassia got a pretty raw deal from her rework but Tracer is fuckin' LIVING IT UP

But yeah Cassia's not doing too hot, I guess. The nerfs really do outweigh everything else she got. Guess they went too far.

But Tracer's survivability buffs were like, exactly the shit she fucking needed. More health, baseline lifesteal, multiple means of healing (including a 25% health heal when using Ult, my god).

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    I was hoping to play a bit last night, but got pulled into Classic for ZG at the last minute. Been watching a lot of streams and, yeah, Cassia seems like she's gonna need ... at least a few adjustments moving forward, because she seems pretty bad now (fend build seems okay).

Had a game yesterday where our Morales hit Medivac, we all jump in, it takes us to.... the enemy core, which is at 100%, and the enemy team is ALL ALIVE, and she screams to hit core and we all wipe and die

I am SPEECHLESS. I have NEVER seen such a harder throw in my life. We literally were winning the game, we had all their structures down, all we had to do was sit on the fucking temples and let the lasers go brrrrrrrrrrt but NOOOOO

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DOGSHIT AT THIS GAME!!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    What have I told you about getting into a vehicle with someone you just me?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Had a game yesterday where our Morales hit Medivac, we all jump in, it takes us to.... the enemy core, which is at 100%, and the enemy team is ALL ALIVE, and she screams to hit core and we all wipe and die

I am SPEECHLESS. I have NEVER seen such a harder throw in my life. We literally were winning the game, we had all their structures down, all we had to do was sit on the fucking temples and let the lasers go brrrrrrrrrrt but NOOOOO

Didn't you win this game anyway?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    So it turns out Cassia got a pretty raw deal from her rework but Tracer is fuckin' LIVING IT UP

But yeah Cassia's not doing too hot, I guess. The nerfs really do outweigh everything else she got. Guess they went too far.
    Whoo called that too!

edited May 2020

Didn't you win this game anyway?

No? We wiped on their Core and they charged straight in on our Core and ended.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    So Cassia's rework isn't the best, but......... I did just have a game where I hit over 100k hero damage and got my first ever 9 vote MVP!!

Honestly, though, it was a perfect storm for her, they had Mura, Artanis, Tracer, TWB Varian, and Morales. I just shot so many spears into so many faces, and the level 7 talent where you get mana and lower the blind cooldown was aces. It really helped me protect our BW. I had something like 170 Q stacks at the end of the game! So much fun.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

DNiDlnb.png
    I wanna divorce bibby too

I wanna divorce bibby too

only if i get custody of the kids

....you can have weekends. and i expect full child support payments.

DNiDlnb.png
    Get Mephisto on Brawl
    Enemy team also gets Mephisto
    I play Malicious Intent / Spite / Hysteria
    He plays whatever the fuck other Mephistos always play
    I deal 160k damage, 0 deaths, win the match
    He deals 60k damage, many deaths, loses the match

So, yeah. Pretty standard.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Well. Got the death wing skin for brighty.

So there's no longer any reason to play anything else.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan