As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Whelk wrote: »
    I'm starting a new job soon, and I sometimes think about how I'd like to be in a PA tournament some day. Except now it seems like they're not really taking place any more. I've missed all of them from working in restaurants.

Also, it's funny to me that little things keep sliding in my conscious play, like counting cooldowns, even if subconsciously I notice them. I need to make more effort to think about them actively.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there's enough interest. Just a couple months ago I asked around, and we had ~4 people express interest :/
    forty wrote: »
    What's bugged about Untouchable?

Somehow it changes your Blink, and you can Blink extra long around corners.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Y'all talkin' about Illidan and don't @ me?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    That was the third time I have left a Hanamura game because my Ai teammates are broken or pants on the stuff stupid and being doomed to play healer
    I was facing Deathwing, Stiches, Lucio Junkrat and the three Vikings they all were moving around as a group so it was not fun. I got two of the AI teammates to follow me but they got caught in the loop of choices and just would do the twitch of confusion nothing more

I really feel the more get doomed with healer and hit up AI games they want you to play Qp or with real people in a Ai game but if you play with a real person I really feel they want you to make a good teammate selection and not just play any old healer

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    That was the third time I have left a Hanamura game because my Ai teammates are broken or pants on the stuff stupid and being doomed to play healer
    I was facing Deathwing, Stiches, Lucio Junkrat and the three Vikings they all were moving around as a group so it was not fun. I got two of the AI teammates to follow me but they got caught in the loop of choices and just would do the twitch of confusion nothing more

I really feel the more get doomed with healer and hit up AI games they want you to play Qp or with real people in a Ai game but if you play with a real person I really feel they want you to make a good teammate selection and not just play any old healer

Nope! no one cares who you play in vs AI, or even in QM, to be honest. They really don't.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Nope! no one cares who you play in vs AI, or even in QM, to be honest. They really don't.

in The AI I have been in games where the enemy Ai will just keep targeting me the heal even though I am hiding behind others

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    if you play with a real person I really feel they want you to make a good teammate selection and not just play any old healer

do you wanna know a secret

QM players fucking love when their queue pops and they see a healer on their team

they don't care what healer you're playing. they just like that you're playing a healer. it don't matter.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

AI matches are clown-fiestas, but I've found that they for the most part lack toxicity. They also mostly lack communication. 99% of matches consist of the following:

*One person joins voice chat 10% of the time. Nobody joins him.
    *everyone saying "GLHF" at the start, maybe with some emotes thrown in
    *characters dancing, taunting, spamming sprays, or spinning rapidly in front of the gate prior to the match start.
    *some pings on the objective or the occasional merc camp when the team is nearby.
    *"GG" at the end.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

The only thing about playing vs AI is that there are apparently only the loosest rules on team comp, which can turn "just want a brainless 10 minute stomp" into an interesting challenge when it's like, "Okay, your team is Lucio, Morales, Auriel, Brightwing, and ETC. Let's see how you do against Deathwing, Genji, Zagara, Alarak, and Ana."

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

The only thing about playing vs AI is that there are apparently only the loosest rules on team comp, which can turn "just want a brainless 10 minute stomp" into an interesting challenge when it's like, "Okay, your team is Lucio, Morales, Auriel, Brightwing, and ETC. Let's see how you do against Deathwing, Genji, Zagara, Alarak, and Ana."

Yeah, I absolutely love how it seesaws between zero healers and four healers + deathwing.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    if you play with a real person I really feel they want you to make a good teammate selection and not just play any old healer

do you wanna know a secret

QM players fucking love when their queue pops and they see a healer on their team

they don't care what healer you're playing. they just like that you're playing a healer. it don't matter.

I play a healer far more in QP and get a lot of shit for it at times which is why I dread getting the healer/support daily
    But I did turn off all chat because of it

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    @Inquisitor77 I kept playing last night with Broham after you went offline. Had a match where he was Tyrael and I was Sonya, and we were talking, like, "Maybe Tyrael goes Judgment and Sonya Leaps, and we just blow people up?" But the enemy team had an Auriel, and we thought, "Oh, nevermind. She'll see it coming and grab Aegis." Someone else on the team said, "Nah, man. Fucking Auriels always take Rez now; they don't even think about it." We agreed to just kind of keep our options open and see how things went.

Enemy team hits level 10 about 30 seconds before we do, and Auriel snaps in Rez.

Hilarity ensues.

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Can confirm, highly amusing match.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Played two games last night as Rag and Falstad. Fully explained I’d be doing a lot of soaking so don’t go crazy over first objective. Team goes crazy over objectives. We throw away huge XP leads I created for us. I’m at fault.

For me, it was Tuesday.
    Bonus story: in the second game, I grabbed Falstad and nobody took a healer or tank. So yeah, we had almost no chance and I suggested we just macro and leave the fighting to a minimum. Team agreed!

Then spent the game fighting because of course they did.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    @Inquisitor77 I kept playing last night with Broham after you went offline. Had a match where he was Tyrael and I was Sonya, and we were talking, like, "Maybe Tyrael goes Judgment and Sonya Leaps, and we just blow people up?" But the enemy team had an Auriel, and we thought, "Oh, nevermind. She'll see it coming and grab Aegis." Someone else on the team said, "Nah, man. Fucking Auriels always take Rez now; they don't even think about it." We agreed to just kind of keep our options open and see how things went.

Enemy team hits level 10 about 30 seconds before we do, and Auriel snaps in Rez.

Hilarity ensues.

QM gonna QM. I basically spend all my time in QM trying to see what I can get away with. Most of the time it fails, but people do shit like ignore lane soaking in QM, so I feel justified in just doing whatever as long as I'm not actively inting.

• Options
    tyrantula22tyrantula22 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Bonus story: in the second game, I grabbed Falstad and nobody took a healer or tank. So yeah, we had almost no chance and I suggested we just macro and leave the fighting to a minimum. Team agreed!

Well you know that once the enemy team tries to engage, you can't back down. You don't want to be a coward do you!? It's kill or be killed at that point, no backsies.

Battletag: Tyrantula22#1623
    Steam ID
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

Well you know that once the enemy team tries to engage, you can't back down. You don't want to be a coward do you!? It's kill or be killed at that point, no backsies.
    Every HotS teammate is Marty McFly.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

Every HotS teammate is Marty McFly.

I had one of the weirdest criticisms this morning from a rando. I was laning 1v2, and got insulted for not getting kills in it. They didn't use the word "coward," but it was basically implied. "I bet you're just hiding behind the wall the whole time!" and similar :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    0-6 today

that's enough hots for today

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    New tracer is jacked. Like, that is not fun to play against at all

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    New tracer is jacked. Like, that is not fun to play against at all

I saw a Tracer with an Abathur hat 1v3 us today.

It was disgusting.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    In spite of all its bullshit, I still fucking love this game.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's hard to be sure if Tracer is as terrifying now as she seems or if I'm just so used to her being an almost instant kill that I never really worried about it before.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    It's hard to be sure if Tracer is as terrifying now as she seems or

I can confirm it for you; yes, she's as terrifying as she seems.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's the thing with Tracer's rework. I like the direction they chose (on paper). I like the idea of increasing her survivability, making her more self-reliant, and reducing her damage and burst as trade-offs. These are all fine and noble goals and help with Tracer standing on her own as a Hero that isn't propped up by Abathur or Old Tassadar or whathaveyou.

THE PROBLEM is that they went way too fucking far with her buffs and overall numbers.

The Good:
    - Reduced her Attack Range
    - Reduced her base AA damage
    - HUGELY reduced her Pulse Bomb damage!
    - Increased her health (yes, this is a good thing, it makes her less reliant on other Heroes)
    - Baseline Lifesteal (same as above)
    - Cut her health regen in half (to account for the new lifesteal)

The NOT SO GOOD:
    - Massively increased overall Pulse Bomb charge rate; You gain it so fast now that you can literally Pulse Bomb a wave and then you'll get another one real fast.
    - Unnerfed her E. Just completely unnerfed her Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card. The longer duration on her Recall/being able to see where she pops doesn't even matter that much, she just Blinks away right after.
    - One-Two Punch; Why the fuck give Tracer two goddamn charges of Melee. That's insane enough, but then you add CDR on top of it!! That's nuts!
    - Pulse Generator; 25% Health HoT for sticking Pulse Bomb is just too fucking much sustain in teamfights on top of her Lifesteal.
    - Level 16s at level 7 now. That's a bit muchhhh.
    - Untouchable is the power level of two talents in one, plus it's bugged, PLUS it scales at a tremendously higher rate than the old one. 5% per stack! You only need 6 stacks to cap! This talent is such a no-brainer now. It's not even the bug that makes it good. Old Untouchable was high risk high reward; it scaled at 2% per stack up to 30%, it was much slower to scale, but the payoff was pretty huge. This new one is ZERO RISK high reward. It literally doesn't even matter if you die now, you get the stacks back so fast. All this on top of longer Blink range. No fucking brainer. Untouchable is so good that the other two talents on this tier have a MUCH lower winrate, purely on the virtue of not being Untouchable.
    - Heavy Handed; Sure, let's just give Tracer access to -15 Armor! Not even Phys Armor, just Armor.
    - Complete unnerf of Total Recall
    - Get Stuffed gives half a Pulse Bomb over 2 seconds if you take it along with One-Two Punch. That's crazy.

Basically her nerfs weren't enough to offset the buffs, and they basically just wholesale buffed her. Like I said, it's a good direction to take her in.... They just went too far with the numbers. Scale the numbers down and touch on some of the more stand-out talents and she'll be in a better place.

She probably also just needs some damage nerfs in general at this point too.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Yeah I put this in our discord, but Tracer is way OP now:

zjtkux5wlyj5.png

And it's basically the exact reasons you said, except I actually still go Health Pack over Pulse Generator. Part of that is probably just QM being QM and not having proper healers :P . I like being able to go in, kill someone, get out at 10% HP, tap, and do the same thing again.

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

zjtkux5wlyj5.png

And it's basically the exact reasons you said, except I actually still go Health Pack over Pulse Generator. Part of that is probably just QM being QM and not having proper healers :P . I like being able to go in, kill someone, get out at 10% HP, tap, and do the same thing again.

If you had Pulse Generator, you'd get out at 35% HP :wink:

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

zjtkux5wlyj5.png

If you had Pulse Generator, you'd get out at 35% HP :wink:

No, I'd stay in longer :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    No I'd whiff my Pulse Bomb and die.

• Options
    Oh also I didn't actually notice that they gave Tracer non-standard health regen. That's interesting. It also makes me even more mad when randos attack my healing walls now. I need those to live!

• Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've seen samuro 1v5 people with an aba hat

1v3 Isn't as degenerate as this game gets

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    real talk tho, Health Pack is still an incredibly strong talent. i do still take that one.

i took it in a game today and i literally never needed to press B. not once. i stayed in lane all fucking game, Towers of Doom, just soak soak soak, took Bullet Spray, ended the game with highest soak:

1hbosnL.png?1

and it's like, look at these fucking comps lmao. this is peak fucking QM, 5 assassins vs 5 assassins. and Health Pack kept me from needing to slam B after every and any tiny little skirmish.

s'good talent!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, with Health Pack you never have to hearth.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I'll take 6/7 for a Friday night.

9xoj9h6djxx9.png

• Options
    Honestly, I feel like I've played Johanna in 90% of my matches recently.

Nobody ever wants to play tanks. Nobody ever wants to play heroes with sufficient wave-clear (and when they do, they don't actually wave-clear / soak). Nobody ever wants to play heroes with strong CC.

So, fuck it. Johanna.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    szajhw833mh2.png
    Stop it! I'll never do it game! NEVER!!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    szajhw833mh2.png
    Stop it! I'll never do it game! NEVER!!!

i love you too dover

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Finally had a chance to play new Tassadar today. He seems ... I mean, really fucking strong. I had to play kind of a hybrid Q/W build, since it was a wonky QM matchup and I knew I wouldn't be able to stack full Q effectively from an offlane position, but it still worked out super well. Why the fuck does every Tass I see go Archon? Black Hole shiiiiiiits on it. Literally just -- throw Black Hole into the enemy team, press E to position your Wall so that one or two primary targets get blocked off and they other targets get pushed away, then QW and the fight's over. Played appropriately, it's literally like, "What if Falstad's Gust blew back everyone except one guy?". That's how nuts Black Hole is.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Tass is great until you run into a coordinated team or a hero like Genji, who will just erase your health bar while you self-root yourself trying to damage him.