[Heroes of the Storm] dawn of the jungle muradin meta

17374767879

Posts

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    What I've been bagging on kime before it was cool; plus that GM wrecked him as li ming the game before

    Please, sega, kime has never been cool.

    *rereads post*

    Oh I see, carry on.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    SeGaTaikime
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 12
    I remember @kime asked me if I wanted him to join for my SL match. I invited him and...

    “Platinum can’t play with Bronze”

    Well that’s awkward. The game is all like, “Nah scrub! Your ass ain’t getting carried out of bronze by a good player.”

    MNC Dover on
    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    EQiP2AhWoAEjof7.jpg

    realized i didn't own deckard and i wanted to play deckard so i bought deckard and i'm the best deckard

    deckard.



    edit: sidenote from that game: teammates were picking up my potions before they got swole so i was like "team you gotta wait til the potions turn big" and lunara was like "UGH" and that little moment just tickled my funny bone

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    kimeMNC Dover
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Deckin' hard or hardly deckin'?
    Deckin' hard.

    borb_sig.png
    DibbyfortyMMMig
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    Saeris wrote: »
    Deckin' hard or hardly deckin'?
    Deckin' hard.

    Deckard? I hardly know her!

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Saeris
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

    Deckard? I hardly know her!

    Boo this man. Booooooooooooo

    milk ducksDibbyInquisitor77The Escape Goat
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    C R U S H I N G
    A L L
    M O R N I N G
    L O N G

    DibbyMNC Dover
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 12
    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the changes to DW and auriel basically read like a parody of how to actually balance those heroes

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat but not a real green dress, that's cruel Registered User regular
    PULVERIZE AND FISHING HOOK AT THIRTEEN????

    tony danza cuts in line
    MNC Dover
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    >reducing the cooldown on Tormented Souls to try and make it more appealing
    >increasing the cooldown on Last Rites to make Tormented Souls more appealing

    you dense motherfuckers

    milk ducks on
    SmrtnikDibbyforty
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    >reducing the cooldown on Tormented Souls to try and make it more appealing
    >increasing the cooldown on Last Rites to make Tormented Souls more appealing

    you dense motherfuckers

    In that I'll still be taking Last Rites all the time?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    milk ducks
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    They are doubling down on balancing towards WR not changing how or why any heroes/talents get picked.

    The majority of the changes in there might lower win rates a few percent but don't give you any meaningful reason to not keep picking them.

    PSN SeGaTai
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    kime wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    >reducing the cooldown on Tormented Souls to try and make it more appealing
    >increasing the cooldown on Last Rites to make Tormented Souls more appealing

    you dense motherfuckers

    In that I'll still be taking Last Rites all the time?

    Exactly. Tormented Souls isn't picked as rarely as it is because its cooldown is too long; it's picked as rarely as it is because it's trash. Because they stripped all the armor bonuses out of it ages ago. And because you can still get literally all the remaining functionality of Tormented Souls on a 5-second cooldown at level 7 with Massacre.

    milk ducks on
    kimeDibby
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    >reducing the cooldown on Tormented Souls to try and make it more appealing
    >increasing the cooldown on Last Rites to make Tormented Souls more appealing

    you dense motherfuckers

    In that I'll still be taking Last Rites all the time?

    Exactly. Tormented Souls isn't picked as rarely as it is because its cooldown is too long; it's picked as rarely as it is because it's trash. Because they stripped all the armor bonuses out of it ages ago. And because you can still get literally all the remaining functionality of Tormented Souls on a 5-second cooldown at level 7 with Massacre.

    That's not true, Tormented Souls resets the cooldown of your W now!

    ugh lol

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    milk ducksDibbyforty
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I feel like Tormented Souls can be fixed with a minor tweak. Something like it applies a root for .25 seconds or it allows you to W to any enemy hero in range even without the passive applied.

    Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
    kimeSmrtnik
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I like some of the changes. Raynor's Ace in the Hole getting the Slow baked in is a good and frees up his level 7 options. Tyrael getting a death timer reduction from his trait is pretty cool. Although I think 10% is too low. At the very least, give him a talent that bumps it up to 15-20%. Because unless there's a massive stun/root AoE going down, you're lucky to hit 1 target with the explosion.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    A Dabble Of TheloniusSmrtnik
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    I feel like Tormented Souls can be fixed with a minor tweak. Something like it applies a root for .25 seconds or it allows you to W to any enemy hero in range even without the passive applied

    It can be, yeah. That's what's so frustrating about all these bullshit, arbitrary numbers adjustments.

    kime
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Dwarf block could be an interesting talent for Muradin but it's at level 1 so I will literally never pick it

    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    fortyMNC DoverDibby
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Minor Muradin Buffs? I'll take it! Although they're all based around using E to dive, which is great in theory, but in my clusterfuck poop league games I'm very afraid to use it for diving since I can never be sure my team is going to follow up or protect me from getting exploded.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    MNC DoverSmrtnikApogee
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    gang you know what's fucking buckwild, they cite Orphea as the reason they baked the slow into Raynor's level 1 but with Orphea they didn't do that shit at all they just plain removed it and replaced it with something arguably harder to use which doesn't have the same case use application at all! i just think it's WILD that they looked at Fright and went "gee. everyone's taking this talent. what can we do about this talent, that feels so mandatory for people and is such a central part of her playstyle?" "uhhhhh, remove it???" "genius. brilliant."

    anyway WTB Fright back as a baseline option for Orphea thanks she feels so fucking terrible to play without it

    like Jimmy literally just got two level 7 talents now if you pick Ace in the Hole tho, that's insane.

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    milk ducks
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I haven't played Orphea since like a month or two after she came out. What did Fright used to do and what did they do to it?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got deathwing during one of our NGS games last night.

    I did as much damage as the rest of my team combined.

    Feels good man.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    kime
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I haven't played Orphea since like a month or two after she came out. What did Fright used to do and what did they do to it?

    Fright was a level 4 talent that made her E wave slow. It felt mandatory (it was mandatory) because you COULD NOT land the E explosion without the slowing wave to lead into it. Everyone took it. It was also crucial to E build, or E quest at 7 anyway.

    They removed it and instead gave Ancestral Strength at 1 a single target slow on consuming trait via autos.

    So it's not the same at all, and it killed off E build, and it doesn't fix anything, and the level 1 E talent is still garbage. E build was my favorite way to play her; Ancestral at 1, Fright at 4, Mind Devourer at 7 (E quest). That's dead now. Ancestral still feels mandatory, E talent at 1 is still garbage.

    tl;dr they fixed nothing and instead hit her with a huge nerf for no reason.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    kime
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    New forum avatar boys let's go!

    kimeSaerisMNC DoverDibbyA Dabble Of Thelonius
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Fancy

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    MNC Doverforty
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat but not a real green dress, that's cruel Registered User regular
    bonus ducks?

    tony danza cuts in line
    MNC Dover
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I thought ducks' hiatus meant I would get to level 1,500 before he got a new avatar, but it was not to be. I think I'm in the 1480s now.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    milk ducks
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    kimemilk ducksDibby
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P


    8aha6r02wngr.png

    milk ducksThe Escape GoatSmrtnikMNC DoverDibbyInquisitor77NobodyfortyCustom Special
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P

    I never sign up for these things because i feel i can't make the schedule work from a "convince the wife" perspective.

    steam_sig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I as well because I only play QP and AI games

    forty
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P

    I never sign up for these things because i feel i can't make the schedule work from a "convince the wife" perspective.

    The secret is to get your wife to play as well. Then watch her get drafted way ahead of you, then shit talk for weeks if when she wins.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    kimeThe Escape GoatSmrtnikMoridin889Dibby
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    For closure for those curious, we didn't really have enough interest here for an in-house tourney. No one was uninterested, but also we just barely got enough people interested to field two teams. So that's just two, assuming perfect scheduling, and no subs needed.

    Maybe another time if HotS rises from the dead :P

    I never sign up for these things because i feel i can't make the schedule work from a "convince the wife" perspective.

    The secret is to get your wife to play as well. Then watch her get drafted way ahead of you, then shit talk for weeks if when she wins.

  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Listening to NotParadox cover the recent patch changes. And when talking about how Last Rites will continue to be the dominant ult, he said
    I think they need to bring back the armor component for Tormented Souls

    DSZ51idXUAEXCDj.jpg

    Dibby
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    I want to say that I've posted this video before, but it's worth bringing up again. Because he's not wrong.

    MNC DoverDibby
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I want to say that I've posted this video before, but it's worth bringing up again. Because he's not wrong.


    I lost a game last night because my teammates refused to soak the bot lane. Just sat in mid 4v3 doing nothing. And yes, the wife was in that lane and refused to leave. I pinged several times to no avail.

    It's one of the single-most frustrating things about HotS. I've basically abandoning using Tanks in Bronze SL because I HAVE to be a hero that can soak fast. Often times, I'll avoid the first obj on a map if it's weak and just soak. Of course, none of my teammates understand the XP advantage and dive in 4v5 and die. Like, just poke and delay.

    There was a recent game I played as Samuro on Volskaya and we lost the first two obj which made my teammates got livid. We ended up losing our mid and top walls. The enemy lost their mid/bot forts. When I pointed this out, they finally chilled out.

    Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    kimeforty
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Holy shit y'all, a rare clip of @Munkus Beaver playing Deathwing! Jump to 3:20.



    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    Smrtnikkimeforty
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    Spoiler warning: it's not actually munkus, just a bunch of non-CCd dudes getting roasted by a Q because they're bad lol.

    DibbykimeMNC DoverMoridin889forty
Sign In or Register to comment.