Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Heroes of the Storm] Town Portal to the Punch Dimension

14850525354

Posts

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    TFW your abathur has the 4th worst xp soak on your team

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    kime
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    edited September 20
    EE77B6rWkAAiuxj.jpg

    the boy is fuckin back y'all..........

    back at it again..................................

    back on my bullshit........................

    Dibby on
    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    kimeMNC Dover
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular


    game is live, i am dying irl right now from sickness

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    MNC Doverkime
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The wife pulled off a new Zul’jin feat this evening: She completed a reverse Headhunter in under 5 minutes.

    Each of the enemy heroes got a kill on her. It was a super bad game from her. Guess it happens to the best of us.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    kime
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We uh

    We won the BEast Coastal finals

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    MMMigCustom SpecialThe Escape GoatfortyNobodyMNC DoverSmrtnikmilk ducks21stCenturyForceVoidGroveA Dabble Of TheloniuskimePMAversThisNyhtSanderJK
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Do we know how many weeks The Scarlet Heist will last yet?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Do we know how many weeks The Scarlet Heist will last yet?

    I believe it runs through December 3rd. So a long time.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Excellent.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    edited September 22


    back on my bullshit :^)

    Dibby on
    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    SaerisMNC Dover
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bullshit being not giving Valla any credit for the 100-0? :P

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    kime
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    edited September 22
    forty wrote: »
    Bullshit being not giving Valla any credit for the 100-0? :P

    zero. none. all me. ALL ME. ALL DIBBY. 10000% DIBBY.


    edit: realistically speaking though, and rewatching the clip several times over, looks like she got 1 RoV 1 AA and 1 Q in? so yeah like i said ALL ME ALL DIBBY ALL THE TIME

    Dibby on
    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    kime
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I agree. All Dibby, minus 1,000 or so damage. :winky:

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Stupid question, but what is the reason for Murky’s level 20 Oct-Grab talent to grant a damage change by 13,700%? Is that some sort of a joke reference I’m missing? Just a weird way to being his damage up while in the ult, and if so, why not use a number?

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Stupid question, but what is the reason for Murky’s level 20 Oct-Grab talent to grant a damage change by 13,700%? Is that some sort of a joke reference I’m missing? Just a weird way to being his damage up while in the ult, and if so, why not use a number?

    Because murky does 1 damage per slap normally and murky is a funny hero and it's a funny way to represent that damage increase

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    kimefortyMMMigThe Escape Goat
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I knew he did 1 damage during his ult, but it seems dumb and confusing to increase his damage based on a large % instead of the usual x(+4%/level) format.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    but it seems dumb
    Yeah, just like Murky. FIGHT ME NERDS!

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    kime
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

    The REAL change I'd like to add to that lv 20 that MAYBE might be worth vs inky would be the damage increase PLUS for it to proc the "cast slime on 3 AAs" talent.

    plus more
    it'd need a lot more utility to compete with inky or cajuna

    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

    wra
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It’s just fresh in my mind because the last time I played Murky I was trying to figure out what the talent did in terms of raw damage. I shouldn’t have to open a calculator to figure this shit out.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It’s just fresh in my mind because the last time I played Murky I was trying to figure out what the talent did in terms of raw damage. I shouldn’t have to open a calculator to figure this shit out.

    You don't pick it for the damage, you pick it for the fact that you hit people with a shark!

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    A Dabble Of TheloniusMMMigMunkus BeaverThe Escape GoatMNC DoverSmrtnikInquisitor77
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat Brave Sir Robin Registered User regular
    For that talent to be viable in this day and age it needs to make Murky invulnerable.

    3clipse wrote: »
    God is dead and life has no purpose.
    MMMig
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    EFK82k1XkAINrQg.jpg

    hey valla fucking slaps

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    milk ducks
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    hey valla fucking slaps
    Certainly more than Zeratul!

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Valla is old hat

    pgan2epg1qh3.png

    Greymane is new hotness

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Your telling me a GM/arthas/uther can beat up a frontline that consists of kerrigan... Craziness

    PSN SeGaTai
    fortyfinnithkimeMMMigmilk ducks
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Your telling me a GM/arthas/uther can beat up a frontline that consists of kerrigan... Craziness


    You would be shocked at how annoying that comp was to fight, murky/medivh/aba means someone can die at any time.

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Patch is live!
    https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/23157783/heroes-of-the-storm-live-patch-notes-september-24-2019-2019-9-24/
    Of note:
    [NEW] Changed matchmaking configurations to lower wait times for most players, while tightening rules for Masters+.

    Developer Comment: We have seen your feedback on matchmaking and want to make it better! We have updated the system to match faster for most players, while tightening up the rules for our higher level players. We are always looking for more feedback so please keep it coming!

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    MMMigDibbySmrtnik
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Since the last event, I got about 16 heroes to under 300k XP to level, and I left Qhira at 1. So I should be able to pick up about 40 chests during the event, including the ones from taking my weekly ARAM Brawl medicine.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yow, Scarlet Aegis got slapped with a pretty big cooldown nerf.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    edited September 24
    What I've learned from playing Junkrat's rework so far:

    - Tricky Shuffles is not only still good, but even better than it was, and probably the best level 1 by a wide margin. Don't underestimate that bonus AA damage, it translates to a lot.
    - Extra-Wound Timers.... Ehhh. It's not bad, but Tricky Shuffles, man.
    - Haven't tried the third level 1 sorryyyyy
    - ROCKET RIDE GOOD? Rocket Ride fucking good. It moves so fast! Really easy to nail people with now. Does a fuckload of damage.
    - Trap Build..... good???? Seems that way, honestly. There are certain maps you can just create an impassable entry on and win the obj automatically through zoning alone. But it also fucking destroys any melee hero. I really don't think it's a meme anymore. Chasing Silence traps are brutal.
    - Bombs Away good, but the timing is kind of tight! I think it'd be a lot more comfortable to activate at 0.75 seconds.

    Look though. Look. I have a 100% winrate with Trap build, okay, I played 2 games with Trap build and won 100% of em, it's The Build, I'm calling it now

    haven't tried his new level 20s because Cannonball is still way too fucking good. pretty sure the rocketride mount talent is a fuckin trap tho

    Dibby on
    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    A Dabble Of Thelonius
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Always
    Be
    Chatterin'

    borb_sig.png
    Inquisitor77kimeDibbyMMMigfortyMNC DoverThe Escape GoatTim is on the Internet
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »
    Always
    Be
    Chatterin'

    Traps are the One True Build now.

    Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    As soon as I read Bombs Away I knew I would never pick it (intentionally). It's one of those "way too fiddly" talents that I have no interest in trying to micromanage for half a game.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    As soon as I read Bombs Away I knew I would never pick it (intentionally). It's one of those "way too fiddly" talents that I have no interest in trying to micromanage for half a game.

    I honestly don't even know why it has the 0.5 sec conditional to it. Just make it occur after an autoattack!

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
    forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    As soon as I read Bombs Away I knew I would never pick it (intentionally). It's one of those "way too fiddly" talents that I have no interest in trying to micromanage for half a game.

    I honestly don't even know why it has the 0.5 sec conditional to it. Just make it occur after an autoattack!
    Agreed. It reminds me of the Tracer reload talent at 16. How many players actually like these micromanagement talents?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Was playing some HotS with the wife tonight and wanted to try something new. Gave new Junkrat a spin and did...ok? Like, not super dominant or anything, but servicable. Having to learn the quirks of his kit will definitely take a while.

    Decided to play one last game and wanted to play a Tank. Having played my usual Tanks to death (Mura, Diablo, ETC), I decided to try someone I hadn't really played much. Hmm....only level 4 on Imperious? Let's give him a try.

    I'm sure it was a fluke, but I felt immortal. Like, how tanky is this dude? And honestly, I didn't really have much idea of what I was doing. Having to read talents and abilities on the fly made things extra hectic. Here was my build:

    https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/imperius#oRrb

    So, give me some protips and builds please. @Dibby signal sent out!

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    What I've learned from playing Junkrat's rework so far:

    - Tricky Shuffles is not only still good, but even better than it was, and probably the best level 1 by a wide margin. Don't underestimate that bonus AA damage, it translates to a lot.
    - Extra-Wound Timers.... Ehhh. It's not bad, but Tricky Shuffles, man.
    - Haven't tried the third level 1 sorryyyyy
    - ROCKET RIDE GOOD? Rocket Ride fucking good. It moves so fast! Really easy to nail people with now. Does a fuckload of damage.
    - Trap Build..... good???? Seems that way, honestly. There are certain maps you can just create an impassable entry on and win the obj automatically through zoning alone. But it also fucking destroys any melee hero. I really don't think it's a meme anymore. Chasing Silence traps are brutal.
    - Bombs Away good, but the timing is kind of tight! I think it'd be a lot more comfortable to activate at 0.75 seconds.

    Look though. Look. I have a 100% winrate with Trap build, okay, I played 2 games with Trap build and won 100% of em, it's The Build, I'm calling it now

    haven't tried his new level 20s because Cannonball is still way too fucking good. pretty sure the rocketride mount talent is a fuckin trap tho

    Extra wound timers is REALLY good and has absurd synergy with his other Q talents

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Because of Yesterday's update, i may be forced to no longer play this game. again.

    It's frustrating. My main buddy playing this has an old Mac that doesn't support metal. So now he can't play hots.

    This has nothing to do with the thread but i needed to vent.

    I'm extremely mad about this. probably more than he is.

  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Was playing some HotS with the wife tonight and wanted to try something new. Gave new Junkrat a spin and did...ok? Like, not super dominant or anything, but servicable. Having to learn the quirks of his kit will definitely take a while.

    Decided to play one last game and wanted to play a Tank. Having played my usual Tanks to death (Mura, Diablo, ETC), I decided to try someone I hadn't really played much. Hmm....only level 4 on Imperious? Let's give him a try.

    I'm sure it was a fluke, but I felt immortal. Like, how tanky is this dude? And honestly, I didn't really have much idea of what I was doing. Having to read talents and abilities on the fly made things extra hectic. Here was my build:

    https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/imperius#oRrb

    So, give me some protips and builds please. @Dibby signal sent out!

    Don't have the talent names in front of me, but impy is one of my favorite heroes so here we go.

    1-trait
    4-armor
    7-cleave
    10-angelic armament
    13-heal on E
    16-Q -> move/attack speed
    20-trait isn't consumed

    This build comes online late game 16/20 and ramps up your damage and survivability.

    At 4 the extra trait healing over armor is fine, empirically armor is better, especially if you have a support. Any time you can combine shields (angelic armament) with armor for that sweet EHP on one kit, you probably should, but if you think your eating a lot of sustained poke the healing can help.

    Cleave is what lets you get in there and consume all those brands in a fight. It's tempting to use the cleave as wave clear, but try and make sure it's up when your going into a big fight. Impy can't push a wave and trying to bend his kit so you can will just frustrate you later when your OOM every other minute.

    16 is where you start to have fun, you always get the move speed off q, even when you miss, so it's good for escaping/chasing. The attack speed procs on hit, so you land a 2 person spear your attack speed jumps up.

    20- brands aren't consumed, everyone is at your mercy. Off a spear you can stick to a target, pump out those autos that get the trait bonus every hit, pop your shield to sustain, Mark a bunch of targets of w/e, hit all those targets of cleave that again get the trait bonus each hit.

    The other team is rarely expecting this much damage coming from the tank, it'll end games

    PSN SeGaTai
    MNC Dover
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Was playing some HotS with the wife tonight and wanted to try something new. Gave new Junkrat a spin and did...ok? Like, not super dominant or anything, but servicable. Having to learn the quirks of his kit will definitely take a while.

    Decided to play one last game and wanted to play a Tank. Having played my usual Tanks to death (Mura, Diablo, ETC), I decided to try someone I hadn't really played much. Hmm....only level 4 on Imperious? Let's give him a try.

    I'm sure it was a fluke, but I felt immortal. Like, how tanky is this dude? And honestly, I didn't really have much idea of what I was doing. Having to read talents and abilities on the fly made things extra hectic. Here was my build:

    https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/imperius#oRrb

    So, give me some protips and builds please. Dibby signal sent out!

    Don't have the talent names in front of me, but impy is one of my favorite heroes so here we go.

    1-trait
    4-armor
    7-cleave
    10-angelic armament
    13-heal on E
    16-Q -> move/attack speed
    20-trait isn't consumed

    This build comes online late game 16/20 and ramps up your damage and survivability.

    At 4 the extra trait healing over armor is fine, empirically armor is better, especially if you have a support. Any time you can combine shields (angelic armament) with armor for that sweet EHP on one kit, you probably should, but if you think your eating a lot of sustained poke the healing can help.

    Cleave is what lets you get in there and consume all those brands in a fight. It's tempting to use the cleave as wave clear, but try and make sure it's up when your going into a big fight. Impy can't push a wave and trying to bend his kit so you can will just frustrate you later when your OOM every other minute.

    16 is where you start to have fun, you always get the move speed off q, even when you miss, so it's good for escaping/chasing. The attack speed procs on hit, so you land a 2 person spear your attack speed jumps up.

    20- brands aren't consumed, everyone is at your mercy. Off a spear you can stick to a target, pump out those autos that get the trait bonus every hit, pop your shield to sustain, Mark a bunch of targets of w/e, hit all those targets of cleave that again get the trait bonus each hit.

    The other team is rarely expecting this much damage coming from the tank, it'll end games

    Hmmm....that sounds like a spicy Bruiser build. Not as tanky, but certainly putting out more damage. I'll give it a go and see how it feels.

    As near as I can tell for general play, you basically want to:

    1) Brand a bunch then attack (solo laning or burst combo)
    2) Weave AA between Brands
    3) Big combo with W, Q, E, AA galore

    Am I missing anything?

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • DibbyDibby Let us grieve existence, together Registered User regular
    Only just woke up and I'm not at my computer yet but I'll write something up for you later @MNC Dover

    My preferred playstyle for Impy is waaaay different. Sega's is a perfectly fine build, I just have a different mentality when approaching Impy's talent builds.

    I go for a much more aggro playstyle :P

    N90l7EJ.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    3DS Friend Code: 0061-0917-2400
Sign In or Register to comment.