[Roleplaying Games] Schrodinger's NPC

1121314151618»

• VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Got an email from Exalted Funeral that The Ultraviolet Grasslands was back in stock so I snapped up that hardcover as fast as I could

Good thing, because it's instantly sold out again

What's The Ultraviolet Grasslands, you ask?

UVG_KS_Cover_2000x.png?v=1589556606
    The Ultraviolet Grasslands and the Black City is a tabletop role-playing game book, half setting, half adventure, and half epic trip; inspired by psychedelic heavy metal, the Dying Earth genre, and classic Oregon Trail games. It leads a group of ‘heroes’ into the depths of a vast and mythic steppe filled with the detritus of time and space and fuzzy riffs.

The UVG is the work of the designer, artist, and writer Luka Rejec and was made possible through the generous support of hundreds of discerning fans at the Stratometaship patreon. Luka's previous work includes illustrating Chris Kutalik's acid fantasy Misty Isles of the Eld, co-writing What Ho Frog Demons with the Hydra Coöperative, and writing, art, and design on the already-sold-out adventure of witch-hunting: Witchburner.

https://www.exaltedfuneral.com/collections/enies-nominated/products/the-ultraviolet-grasslands

MahnmutNipsKadokenAuralynxMrVyngaardMostlyjoe13
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dancing With Bullets Under a Neon Sun: A Light Cyberpunk RPG
    An arthouse cyberpunk game in the style of the Old School Revival featuring art by Dirk Detweiler Leichty, and based on The Black Hack

I backed this yesterday

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I was going to get the pdf, but dang. Preordered.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I got to do my healing episode, where they knocked out two minor antagonists and the player got her kidnapped character back after 8 months! The player decided the personality trait of the mind ghost she wanted to take on would be a bit of a temper, or impatience with people that irritate her.

Kadoken
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hey, if anyone in here is interested, the Genesys dice app is free today/tomorrow for Free RPG day. Usually it's $4.99, which is frankly a ripoff for a dice rolling app that they've released a couple times already. So take advantage of that as you can. :)

pTWAqPb.png
    He/Him
    NipsDenadaSteelhawkDarkPrimus
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    edited July 26
    Athenor wrote: »
    Hey, if anyone in here is interested, the Genesys dice app is free today/tomorrow for Free RPG day. Usually it's $4.99, which is frankly a ripoff for a dice rolling app that they've released a couple times already. So take advantage of that as you can. :)

This is cool but the generic Genesys dice can't be used for Force powers or L5R, right?

EDIT: Looks like the app does have generic polyhedral dice as well, so theoretically you could roll dice and consult a chart...

DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

This is cool but the generic Genesys dice can't be used for Force powers or L5R, right?

EDIT: Looks like the app does have generic polyhedral dice as well, so theoretically you could roll dice and consult a chart...

All the FFG dice apps have generic dice.

L5R has its own dice app.

Genesys doesn't have the force die that Star Wars dice does.

I would give ANYTHING for FFG to just release a unified dice app that supports ALL their games. I am okay with their philosophy of custom dice, because they do it from a standpoint of making the results clear and easy to read from across a table. But needing 3 different apps, and not having that cover Mansions of Madness or other games that use custom dice... is frankly insulting.

pTWAqPb.png
    He/Him
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Still waiting for my copy of Lancer to show up. Soon. (tm)

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG