the thread in which we post moods

• JedocJedoc Once to start a new life and once just to start a fireRegistered User regular
    edited August 1
    tynic wrote: »
    It’s the sixteen pages of photos that take this from a weird decision to a whole mood

Hilariously, that's the one book in the series that doesn't give me a daily existential sense of dread, since the ones I pull every morning for the reserve list look like this:

bs2ook8zjyzu.png
    y2y5qxykwq1d.png
    a7iaa5ap6olc.png
    bo6vkk1ffl4q.png

Who Are these rotten publishers, and Who Is neglecting their legal duty to lock them in prison?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    tynicPoorochondriacsarukunmrpakuGrey GhostMidniteSorceknitdanMagic PinkPwnanObrienJoolanderSolarBelruel
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Why must they have the giant heads, papa I do not understand

tynicCrippl3mrpakuSleepFlarneSorceMagic PinkNarbusPwnanObrienLucedesLabelPeewiSolarBelruelVeldrinShortyDouglasDanger
  • JedocJedoc Once to start a new life and once just to start a fireRegistered User regular
    I didn't actually mean for the pictures to get larger as I pasted them, but I absolutely stand by it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Magic PinkJoolander
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Why must they have the giant heads, papa I do not understand

Crippl3darunia106JuggernutDee KaeGoose!Grey Ghostel_vicioIndie WinterPwnanObrienLucedesDiarmuidaugustBelruel
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Current mood: That feeling when you realise you've never seen Waluigi and Odlaw in the same room together.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    chr1sh4ll3ttb3Endless_Serpentsel_vicio
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Just saw a 7th inning stretch performance of Take Me Out To The Ballgame on TV. Honestly, it had the same energy as this:

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    How the fuck did R. L. Stine make that list

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Where's the owls face down for sleeping?

That's it. That's the mood right now.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The necks.......

PwnanObrien
    B08ZI73.jpg?1

No.......

PwnanObrienBelruel
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    2zbvzcweb68y.jpg

5FEdw1A.png
    Magic PinkGoose!HeadCreepsSkeithsarukunJoolander

Well, there are about 250 books in that series right now, and we're talking about the most significant figures in terms of a fifth-grade audience. I reckon he makes the top 250 for most kids.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Magic PinkSkeithLucedes
    Oh damn when do I get my book? Do I get a book?

I want a book where my already unnervingly large and ghastly head is rendered in monstrous proportions and dead eyed detailed to frighten the unruly children into obedience.

Rhesus PositivetynicBelruelJoolanderRear Admiral Choco
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Well, there are about 250 books in that series right now, and we're talking about the most significant figures in terms of a fifth-grade audience. I reckon he makes the top 250 for most kids.

I'm not denying he was a big influence on my childhood (our school library had a sign for when Goosebumps books were available to save the librarian answering the question a dozen times a day), but it's jarring to see him next to Harriet Tubman

Maybe she's the odd one out when looking at the rest of the list, I don't know

edited August 3
    It's about three parts important historical figures to one part slightly outdated pop culture.

Also, I'm pretty sure they did this one just to fuck with the cover illustrator, who absolutely did not catch the joke.

7w3tns5y207x.png

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Rhesus PositiveMagic PinkSkeithMidniteLucedes
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    It's about three parts important historical figures to one part slightly outdated pop culture.

Also, I'm pretty sure they did this one just to fuck with the cover illustrator, who absolutely did not catch the joke.

7w3tns5y207x.png

dmrjv0jig13x.png

At the rate of expansion Hello Kitty will become the some total of the universe before 40k

sarukunel_vicio
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    Crippl3mightyjongyodarunia106SorceMidniteMagic PinkShorty
    edited August 4

august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    Crippl3Joolander
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I'll try to slow down the sailor moon posts, but

c50wcj8bbd6m.jpg

5FEdw1A.png
    lg1oi6htvdxi.png
    Really I don't know how to put it even images don't seem to fit

Hobnail
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Colorful Extrovert Registered User regular
    edited August 4
    I have lead a mortifying and regrettable life and almost everyone I know is also mortifying and regrettable but sometimes they do somethin cool like drop a large box of marine smoke canisters and rocket flares off at my door unannounced
    Rocket propels a red flare attached to a parachute to 300m and burns for 40 seconds.

Cool

Hobnail on
    tynicJedocmrpakuJoolanderknitdan

vlqumzcxppre.png

The Sapulpa Light, Oklahoma, September 15, 1905. They knew what was up. They knew.

Jedoctynicel_vicio
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Colorful Extrovert Registered User regular

This is one situation where I'm very glad for Twitter for letting me know that I'm far from the only one having intrusive thoughts about wanting to touch the lava.

JedocSorceGoose!Peassarukunknitdan
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    A Night in the Enchanted Forest ASMR Ambience 8:00:31

An 8 hour long relaxing asmr ambience of a magical forest. Feel like you are spending the night in the enchanted woods as you listen to the sound of the crickets, magical chimes and woodland creatures moving around between the trees. Enjoy.

Hi! I'm Melinda, and I make relaxing ambient soundscapes of unique places. The video cinemagraphs are made with the help of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, and the sounds with Soundbooth and Audacity. Hopefully, you'll enjoy listening and looking at these ambience videos made to relax you, transport you to faraway places and maybe even trigger your asmr.

5myiokloks5d.png
    LucedesSorce
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    JedocDepressperadoCrippl3LucedesRhesus Positiveknitdanmightyjongyo
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    current mood, submitted without comment

RpENQ9Y.jpg

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 10
    A bullfinch landed on my arm, so I told it, it was loved. Then it flew away.

Endless_Serpents on
    DepressperadomrpakuLucedessarukunRhesus PositiveProlegomenaJoolanderSolar
    What kinda mood is lying in the dark and listening to Dreams by Van Halen?

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    Did those witches successfully hex the moon?

I never followed up on that one

Uriel on
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Yeah the argument happened because they'd already done it.

tynicsarukun
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I’m thankful we have the stupid witches freaking out about other witches witching things.

Because my knee jerk to that is “your bullshit is made up and nobody cares” and then my immediate follow up is “so is yours, old man, so don’t get too bent out of shape”

and balance is restored to my life.

Lucedes
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    My grandma, *vague hand gestures* rest her soul, called making any kind of soup, broth or, once, ice cream, as witching. I’ll witch you up a chicken soup, she might say.

Magic PinkJoolander
    What I wish I felt like

• ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular

remember in the particular sadness of lemon cake when the main character's brother just wanted to turn himself into an unobtrusive folding chair and never make any impact on the world ever again