the thread in which we post moods

• JedocJedoc Bringing the past to life so we can beat it to death with a shovelRegistered User regular
    Hey, Mood Thread. Tag yourself.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    This is a mood because I am a dumbass and it is 2020 and I constant feel like I've fucked up big time

If you need me to explain this more please see my 74,500 word essay in which I wi

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Juggs

You build meaderies which bring so many wannabe Vikings joy

Magic Pinksarukun
    God those guys are the worst I never shoulda done that

el_vicioLucedes
  • JedocJedoc Bringing the past to life so we can beat it to death with a shovelRegistered User regular
    For real? That's a bummer. At least you got a good bench out of the deal.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    God those guys are the worst I never shoulda done that

Don't worry we're not all total shit, but there's certainly enough shit out there I don't really argue the generalization.

Real talk a guy showed up to an open house and he would take his mead and pour it into a drinking horn that he brought with him and its like oh buddy

We're in a gravel parking lot next to a Colombian pizza joint this is not as thematic as you might think

tynicchr1sh4ll3ttb3XaquinUsagiI ZimbraSkeithRhesus PositiveSorceMagic PinkMidniteCambiatamightyjongyosarukunNarbusel_vicioMysstDisruptedCapitalistdarunia106VeldrinLucedesHappy Little Machine
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    What's wrong with mead?

That place had an absolute bangin crushed plantain dish with like, chorizo and pork belly got damn

chromdomSleepCambiatasarukunDisruptedCapitalist
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Real talk a guy showed up to an open house and he would take his mead and pour it into a drinking horn that he brought with him and its like oh buddy

We're in a gravel parking lot next to a Colombian pizza joint this is not as thematic as you might think

I mean I also own a drinking horn, I really only break it out for feasting and revelry though. When i can properly fill it with almost a full bottle of mead.

I am absolutely being a judgemental prick I apologize

Nah like I said being one of these folks I tooootaly get it. It's definitely one of my interests where I have to be very wary of others that share that interest.

UrielRhesus Positive
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    When Guts Theme kicks in 1:05

Something about big men crying just gets me right there.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Magic Pink
    TheStig wrote: »

s5r0539pb3ap.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
    TheStig
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Jedoc
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Ah, the Mayor of Knoxville, Tennessee

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Last night I went to bed at 11 and couldn't sleep. I got up at midnight and drank some water and chilled in the living room to reset then went back to bed.

Couldn't sleep, got up again at 1:30, rinse repeat. Finally fell asleep at 3:30 and woke up every 10 minutes until I had to get up with my 2 year old at 6am.

I'm that level of sleep deprived where all my muscles are filled with lactic acid and my eyes are super itchy and dry and I feel like I got super drunk last night.

But then I had a couple hour stretch where I could take a nap so I got all comfy I'm bed and suddenly my brain is like let's PARTY. Here's the first half of the chorus of a song you dont like 1,200 times in a row and also I'm gonna need you to imagine an argument with this bigot.

Like I've been an insomniac my whole life but nothing like this in a LONG time.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

it is a very disturbing hard-on, i agree

HeadCreeps
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Last night I went to bed at 11 and couldn't sleep. I got up at midnight and drank some water and chilled in the living room to reset then went back to bed.

Couldn't sleep, got up again at 1:30, rinse repeat. Finally fell asleep at 3:30 and woke up every 10 minutes until I had to get up with my 2 year old at 6am.

I'm that level of sleep deprived where all my muscles are filled with lactic acid and my eyes are super itchy and dry and I feel like I got super drunk last night.

But then I had a couple hour stretch where I could take a nap so I got all comfy I'm bed and suddenly my brain is like let's PARTY. Here's the first half of the chorus of a song you dont like 1,200 times in a row and also I'm gonna need you to imagine an argument with this bigot.

Like I've been an insomniac my whole life but nothing like this in a LONG time.

I'm sorry man, that legit sucks. I hope you can get some rest.

VayBJ4e.png
    MidniteXaquinDidgeridoohonovere
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are they dogs?

Label
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular

Replace 'light bulb' with 'Kali Linux'.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    man, Star World! That's a name I haven't seen in a while

were they an english language indian channel, I think? Back in the pre netflix days they were always on the cabel networks basic package and a good way to get exclusive US shows, if you didnt mind the lack of subtitles

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I think I used to watch Third rock from the Sun and Simpsons on that channel, good times man

Unrelated:
    but my hope will never die 1:01

5myiokloks5d.png
    SorceCrippl3CambiataSleep
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    me watching she ra this week

gh7jjekyibo51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e0a4d723d3ec04254f8bfed010683fbf3085cfaa

poo
    Endless_SerpentsJoolanderTaminLucedes
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Did a tarot reading with my grandmother’s deck. It was okay.

Peas
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man I don't know what to say but the coco and hachama incident might be the straw which broke my back in the year of 2020
    It will probably take me a while to crawl out of this one

5myiokloks5d.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 28
    so here's something

I want to get my own Ex Libris bookplate kinda thing designed, right? so I can stamp my books with it

yes I know that's kinda weird, but I'm kind of a weird person

I found an artist I adore and whose style is exactly what I want to have

but looking at some old bookplates for inspiration, I realize that, this little symbol? it's kinda supposed to be my logo

like you know that shitty thing about your "personal brand"? well what if you actually developed that into a full design that is supposed to somehow be reflective of who you are

and, gang? that took me on a whole trip down the dark pathways of the soul

because looking at all these intricate, ornate, gaudy, bombastic and stylized bookplates from past times; seeing what they contained and what they signified for whomever picked up that tome, that codex; and then trying to come up with something that I feel like is A Succinct And Genuine On Who Indie Winter Is,

has me at a loss

I don't know... what I would like to convey to others, I guess. I always just wanted to be liked? but this whole bookplate thing is fundamentally a deeply self-centered endeavor; "behold, you now have in your hands an incunabulum from the trove of...". But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop

Indie Winter on
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Xaquinsarukun
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 28
    dickbutt

but like, fancy

Houk the Namebringer on
    Magic PinkFlarneCambiatachr1sh4ll3ttb3sarukunJedocMidnitetynicSkeithRhesus PositivePeewiHeadCreepsSleepUsagiLucedesTynnan
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I rolled over weird and hurt my elbow last night

Guess I'm getting old

Seriously though I can barely move my right arm today and it hurts down into my pinky and ring fingers. No fun.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 28
    Edit: wrong thread

Crippl3 on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop

I think my personal brand is "curmudgeonly hermit".

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Oh, man, I know exactly what I would do for my bookplate.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Oh, man, I know exactly what I would do for my bookplate.

tell us!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Extremely stylized Monkey King doing something mundane, eating a peach and reading a very ornately decorated scroll with a look of excited bewilderment on his face, probably relaxing on a cloud.

If I could hire a really talented graphic designer I would have them dick around with my using Western name and legal Chinese name as the frame.

Rhesus Positive
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I don't know what other thread to put this in but please take a few minutes to read this Douglas Adams article from 1992 called Riding the Rays. If nothing else it will put you in a mood to read more Douglas Adams.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    chr1sh4ll3ttb3JedoctynicHappy Little Machine
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    so here's something

I want to get my own Ex Libris bookplate kinda thing designed, right? so I can stamp my books with it

yes I know that's kinda weird, but I'm kind of a weird person

I found an artist I adore and whose style is exactly what I want to have

but looking at some old bookplates for inspiration, I realize that, this little symbol? it's kinda supposed to be my logo

like you know that shitty thing about your "personal brand"? well what if you actually developed that into a full design that is supposed to somehow be reflective of who you are

and, gang? that took me on a whole trip down the dark pathways of the soul

because looking at all these intricate, ornate, gaudy, bombastic and stylized bookplates from past times; seeing what they contained and what they signified for whomever picked up that tome, that codex; and then trying to come up with something that I feel like is A Succinct And Genuine On Who Indie Winter Is,

has me at a loss

I don't know... what I would like to convey to others, I guess. I always just wanted to be liked? but this whole bookplate thing is fundamentally a deeply self-centered endeavor; "behold, you now have in your hands an incunabulum from the trove of...". But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop
    post/av synergy?

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!