As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the thread where we post moods

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    one of my coworkers (who works in logistics): "I used to have panic attacks all the time before I started smoking weed.
    I'm still full of constant, stomach-churning anxiety, don't get me wrong, but now I can smile and nod and say 'yeah, it's fucked, but it's not totally my problem!'"

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    You know, honestly, the medievals painted a whole bunch of stuff that pretty consistently sums up how I feel almost constantly.

ehk6h0md5mxt.jpg

9s9rlqjaiytc.jpg

0dug9knxn5tx.jpg

I am very tempted to make that first one into my avatar.

That face fuckin' kills me.

Juggernut
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    All three of them look annoyed, but the first dude's face is like "fucking seriously?"

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    9FPR1Vw.jpg

Goose!TheStigGrogJedocel_vicioBahamutZEROTynnandarunia106pookaknitdanSorcemiscellaneousinsanityBelruelsarukunPeasSolarwebguy20tynicKwoaruSkeithBloodsheedTaminmrpakuMarekMidniteShortyJoolanderSlacker71Olivawnever dieDisruptedCapitalistBucketmanJansonKanaXehalusbalerbower
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Indie I just got in trouble for a loud shriek of laughter because it’s almost 1 am and people are trying to sleeep

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    lhkq7pgxqs39.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Goose!PeasDescendant XGrogwebguy20BelruelMidniteShortySlacker71Mr FuzzbuttOlivawnever dieKruitebalerbower
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    lhkq7pgxqs39.png

Taco Bell Chihuahua stands atop a mound of his slain enemies.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I fell off my bike a bunch. Mood: Bruised.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    All three of them look annoyed, but the first dude's face is like "fucking seriously?"

Like, yeah you know I expected this but still.

Descendant X
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    ksdzhkhiy5q8.png

I... kind of want to try a nine loko

Bucketman
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    ksdzhkhiy5q8.png

I... kind of want to try a nine loko

They're illegal for a reason .

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    cowardice, that's what

6vjsgrerts6r.png

what's a 9 loko, energy drink base poured into an energy drink?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I think it used to be an alcoholic energy drink but then they had to take the alcohol out or stop selling it or something
    oh wait no that was "4 loko," they're doing a joke, I understand jokes

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    what's a 9 loko, energy drink base poured into an energy drink?

4 loko was a poorly conceived energy drink with alcohol. Since it was basically cociane some states banned it. In the vid they added a 5 hour energy drink which I have to assume is (more) toxic past the initial can

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Finally, the brain problems thread returns

PNk1Ml4.png
    cabsyButler
    -Tal wrote: »
    Finally, the brain problems thread returns

7twj6cba864w.jpg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

BahamutZERODescendant XHeadCreepsProlegomenatynicSkeithdarunia106BelruelceresCrippl3Goose!MidniteVeldrinShortyJoolanderSlacker71SolarOlivawnever dieBucketmanStilts
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    rncYych.jpg
    LjhaBbL.jpg
    "Wow, everybody get a load of this fucking prick."
    uqm5u6D.jpg
    "Whatever. It's a job."

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    GrogTheStigel_vicioHeadCreepsdarunia106BelruelCrippl3DouglasDangersarukunGoose!JedocMidniteASimPersonJoolanderOlivawnever dieBucketmanStiltsbalerbower
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Ugh, looks like it's my turn to be up front and die.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    7twj6cba864w.jpg

"After you!"

"Oh no, you first"

"No, I insist"

"This isn't bothering you is it?"

"Heavens no, not at all"

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Current mood: I wish I liked things as much as I used to. Haven't played video games in over a month.

Realtalk though: It's totally okay to have things that you used to like a whole lot and now like less. Sometimes it's depression but sometimes you've just grown past the thing.

That can be sad all on its own but also recognizing it instead of trying to force yourself to enjoy something you're done with gives you time and energy to find new things.

It's like how you spend 9 years loving How I Met Your Mother (four of them after the show ended) and watching it over and over to the exclusion of other things because you like it so much and one day you realize it just isn't the same anymore. And you're like "why isn't this show giving me the comfort and enjoyment it has for so long?" You eventually realize that you're just done with it, and you're sad for awhile because it was such a big part of your life for so long. It's still there, and you just.. aren't, no matter what you do. If you can't even enjoy it anymore what's left? But then one night you're tired and sad because you just don't seem to feel things anymore since that moment of epiphany, and you open up Netflix with a sigh knowing that probably nothing will ever be as good as the thing you once loved. You browse though a bunch of stuff that looks stupid or unfunny or downright annoying like whatever the hell Jane the Virgin is, and see a show called The Good Place. You think this will be stupid too but hey, Ted Danson is old and you could really use a good place right now.

You click on it and realize that everything is actually wonderful and you can still feel, and you spend a bunch of time overanalyzing the plot and characters within the framework of the secular, the religious, and the morally philosophical in large part to figure out how to properly ship Michael and Eleanor but really learning at the same time. You come to see that while your love for How I Met Your Mother (just like The X Files before it) is a season of your life that you probably can't or won't ever rewatch, that's okay because it doesn't mean the show is over. You've just laid the groundwork for future seasons and it's worth seeing where this crazy plot takes you in its (hopefully many) new episodes that lie ahead. You'll recognize that even this season won't last forever, and you'll miss it when it's past, but you want to have the best time watching it and get the most out of it you can because of that. Because one day another season will build on this one too, and you want to make sure you're able to catch every callback, especially the kinds you might not have known to look for otherwise.

You'll never forget your favorite episodes and the comfort How I Met Your Mother was to you in those times, but chances are you never could have enjoyed The Good Place as much as you do if you hadn't let go. It was a huge story arc with a lot of character growth, but ultimately only one small part of a much bigger story.

Know what I'm saying?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    BahamutZERORhesus PositiveDescendant XmrpakuSorceDouglasDangerSkeithJedocJandaruSlacker71Olivawnever dieDisruptedCapitalistBucketman
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I was looking through my news feed this morning and there was a headline stating that octopuses, squids, and crabs may go blind due to climate change.

I very nearly began weeping openly.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
    BahamutZEROGrog
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’m sad only one person likes my backwards DOOM is MOOD thing.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    here's some big moogs

Moog%20Mural%203.jpg
    content_modularv-mainui-pluginboutique.jpg
    moog-spoon.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
    TallahasseerielCrippl3XaquintynicDescendant XTynnanMidniteProlegomenaDonovan PuppyfuckerSlacker71BucketmanStilts
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I’m sad only one person likes my backwards DOOM is MOOD thing.

https://youtu.be/Q27YiPRiewg

BahamutZEROJedocKwoaruShortyel_vicioJoolanderOlivawBucketman
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

I've been growing ever more fond of these videos

Chill beats over anime hath charms to soothe a savage breast.

PeasBahamutZEROBucketman
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

I've been growing ever more fond of these videos

Chill beats over anime hath charms to soothe a savage breast.

It'd need to, there are some absolutely indomitable breasts in anime.

DepressperadoBahamutZEROtynicSorceLucedesASimPersonSkeithOlivawHappy Little MachineBucketman
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    My mood is tired

Been working massive hours because of a huge project at work, my grandmother passed away, my GF went to a concert and I took the kids for 4 days (this was actually fine and I'm really really glad she got the chance to go and I'd have watched them for 5 times as long). My week will be 12 hour work day, 12 hour work day, 12 hour work day, 12 hour work day followed by 2 hour drive, 2 hour drive back down at 6am followed by funeral, 12 hour work day, 12 hour work day.

I am exhausted and honestly don't feel like I can even think straight

This discussion has been closed.